Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

So, I decided that since my ongoing Colosseum scramble was the most engaging scramble I've played so far, I will be doing an XD scramble once I finish Colosseum's main story mode. The rules for challenges issued are very simple: no trades, no soloing trainers (it's all double battles), and no killing Shadow Pokemon (because Miror B. sucks in XD and I don't want to spend forever seeking him out).

Basically, don't be an asshole.

I will be accepting challenges once I finish Colosseum's story mode, so DO NOT POST CHALLENGES YET. Reservations are not available (except for Super Saiyan, who fixed my glitchy hide tags), so I'm posting this now so that you can write your challenges beforehand if you so desire.

I'd like my difficulty level to be more balanced between my pokemon this time; Hitmontop is very grinding intensive, and Ledian is very, very useless after setting up his screens. Meanwhile, Espeon rapes everything with only 1 attacking move, and Typlosion likes Fire Blast-ing everything.

Thanks!

Shiny skarm, are you doing 100% of XD? This includes Mt. Battle, finish it off with Greevil 2. I'm glad to see that my Espeon is actually the MVP of your Colosseum Scramble. I assume you got Protect before you Snagged Ledian unless you didn't have the money for it at the time? And it gets Psychic over Psybeam at Level 47. As a reminder, its final moveset should be Psychic, Protect, Helping Hand, Reflect.

@pika: Yes, I'm doing 100% of XD. IMO it's a lot easier to 100% XD, because you don't have to worry about the "can only fight certain trainers once" thing that is driving me nuts in Colosseum (no second chances in Colosseum). Also, the Purify Chamber cuts the shadow pokemon grinding drastically in XD.

Yeah, I do, SoS, but at least you only miss two shadow pokemon or something like that in XD. I'll go back and forth between Colosseum and XD after I beat Evice in Colosseum.

Eventually I'll finish both (as painful as postgame Colosseum will be).

@Waterwarrior, I already have a water type. Sorry, but would you consider changing the pokemon to Cyndaquil? I have never used Cyndaquil, and have always wanted to.

That means I only need an Iradescient pokemon now! Thanks to the 5 who have given me scramblemons so far.

Yeah, I do, SoS, but at least you only miss two shadow pokemon or something like that in XD. I'll go back and forth between Colosseum and XD after I beat Evice in Colosseum.

Eventually I'll finish both (as painful as postgame Colosseum will be).
When he said Snagem Hideout, he's referring to the fact that if you fail to catch a Shadow Pokemon owned by a random Cipher Peon, such as the ones in Cipher Lab, they'll re-appear at Snagem Hideout post-Evice. Obviously, stationary trainers (such as the ones in Duel Square) can be re-battled, as can boss trainers. You get unlimited chances at everything.

Chapter 5 is up! Dux reclaims his glory as MVP in the battle against Clair, only to get completely raped by her Kingdra. Pokemon League is forthcoming!

Chapter 3 is up! I beat the annoying redhead again, solve a puzzle, and beat Whitney!!

Chapter 3:
Okay, so I'm walking out to Ilex Forest, when that redhead shows up!!! DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!!! Go I'mADoctor, kill him!!! Well, my bird made short work of his gastly with peck, before taking his zubat down to about half health. Then he confuses me with supersonic, so I switch to DUMBO and OHKO with Rock throw. (I forgot to use harden. Challenge fail #3) Now its time for his croconaw. I send in I'mADoctor, healing up as he uses scary face. I go for the reflect, and he repeats. I then use uproar, doing little damage, and he uses scary face AGAIN. Then we both take turns using uproar and water gun respectively, until he KOs me with a bite. Seeing that his croconaw is low on health, I send in Starter. I use quick attack as he uses scary face, which is repeated for a turn. Then, with blazing speed and bypassing all the drops, my glorious Starter KOs with a final quick attack. TAKE THAT!!!!!!!

Okay so I head into Ilex Forest and I have to do this annoying Farfetch'd puzzle?? How riveting. At least I got cut for my trouble... Whoah, is that guy ramming that tree with his head??? EXTREME!!!!!!! Hey dude, you MUST teach that to my pokemon. Okay so I did that, Starter and DUMBO now know Headbutt. Now its time to... CATCH THAT POKEMON!!!! Better start looking for a heracross.... Gah, I keep OHKOing them before I can catch them!!! Eventually I manage to get one... with a bold nature :/ Better keep looking.... *1,000,000 years later* YES, a heracross that doesn't have a terrible nature!!! Welcome to the team, Triforce!!.. Better teach you Headbutt and Rock Tomb (fun fact- it's the only move that Triforce is allowed to use, which I have access to before Morty, which will actually hit ghost types) and start grindin'... Oh Arceus, he can only just 2HKO weedles, and rock tomb misses so much T.T (much grinding later) Welp, its about time for you to start killing birds, Triforce. Kill those Spearows!!!... Whoah, you have suddenly transformed into a force of destruction. Triforce outspends and OHKOs every single one of them, and even if it misses, he still takes less than 1/3rd of his HP from STAB, x4 effective Pecks.What a beast... Well now his 25 flying type solos are complete, its time for a bit moar grinding. To Slowpoke Well!!! ....okay, it took forever but now Triforce is at the same level as the rest of the team, so onwards to Goldenrod City!!

Oh, a Kimono Girl. You need help getting out of the forest? You must be a retard, its just over there. See, even DUMBO knows the way out. "Oh, what a smart pokemon!" Uhh, not really, only when compared to you... Oh hai Lyra, so these are your grandparents, who happen to also be the Daycare Couple?? Oh, they think I'm your boyfriend?? Well, heh heh, I guess you could say that, old lady >:D So Lyra, wanna give me your number? You sure can trust me with it. Oh, these old people want to give me their numbers too?... Well that turned into an awkward situation pretty quickly.... HECK YEAH, GOLDENROD CITY!!!!!! Time to buy one particular TM... and save it for later. Now time for some GAMBLING!!!!.. Whatever, there's time for that later. Oh hey there Lyra, you have a present for me?? Well, well, what a coincidence, I have one for y- Oh okay, just run away then. I guess you don't want my special surprise.... Wooooooo pictures woooooooooo!!!!!!!..... OK lady, you won't give me a watering can because it's too dangerous... right.... Oh hey random man, wanna give me a bike?? HECK YEAH!!!!! Now to get the radio card for the pokegear. *does so* Okay, now it's time to crush the hardest trainer in the game... WHITNEY!!!! I start with DUMBO... Yeah, this should be easy. I start with a harden, while her clefairy uses doubleslap, doing a total of... 1 HP per hit. I use rock throw, doing about 1/4 of the clefairy's HP, while it uses Mimic... as if that's going to help it. I miss with a rock throw, while it uses metronome, resulting in...a gras knot, OHKOing DUMBO. FML. I send in Triforce as heal fodder. I heal up DUMBO, and she uses Doubleslap and Defense Curl (via metronome). I then resolve to do as much damage as possible with Triforce. Headbutt does good damage, while flinching the clefairy. As expected, I then KO with Headbutt. As she sends in her Miltank, I send in DUMBO. She hits me with a stomp, and I use harden. Then I go on a Screech spam, to boost my chances of easily KOing this thing. She keeps on using Stomp, doing laughable damage. When finally she is at -6, I heal with a potion. Next turn, she gets a crit stomp, also flinching me. Then, even with all her drops, rock throw still only does about 50%. Holy crap. She stomps again, and I rock throw, leaving Miltank with just 1-2 HP remaining. Then.. she uses a super potion -.- Before I can KO with a rock throw, she flinches me with a Stomp. STOP DELAYING THE INEVITABLE!!!! She realises this is true, and Miltank goes for a final, valiant stomp, before being crushed under a pile of huge rocks. YES, I WIN!!!! Now hand over that badge, Whitney. Oh, you're a sore loser?? WHATEVER BITCH, I'LL JUST WAIT FOR YOU TO STOP CRYING... Okay now, the badge??? YES, PLAIN BAGDE GET!!!!!!!! Also.... Chapter 3 end!!!

Pokemon on team: 4
Badges: 3
Blackouts: 0
Times failed a restriction: 3 (omfg)

(Pokemon ranked from MVP to LVP)

Triforce the Heracross
Lvl 20
-Headbutt
-Leer
-Fury Attack
-Rock Tomb

Solo 25 flying types (25/25)
Solo Morty (INCOMPLETE)

Triforce is the newest addition to the team, and he's absolutely monstrous. He can OHKO almost anything, with just the two moves he can use (headbutt and rock tomb). It took so long to get him, but he's awesome and completely worth it.

Starter the Quilava
Lvl 19
-Ember
-Leer
-Headbutt
-Quick Attack

Solo Falkner or Bugsy (COMPLETE)
Solo Morty or Pryce (INCOMPLETE)
Solo all Rocket Executives in the Radio Tower (INCOMPLETE)
Solo Brock or Misty (IMCOMPLETE)
Solo Blaine or Blue (INCOMPLETE)

Starter is still as awesome as ever, being able to OHKO so much stuff... Even though he's been overtaken by Triforce for now, he remains really solid and reliable to fall back on.

DUMBO the Onix
Lvl 19
-Harden
-Headbutt
-Rock Throw
-Screech

Solo Jasmine’s Steelix (INCOMPLETE)
Solo Lance (INCOMPLETE)

He didn't get that much use this chapter, but he really shined when he did. He dominated Whitney's most fearsome pokemon, and is still a defensive check to almost anything.

I'mADoctor the Hoothoot
Lvl 20
-Uproar
-Reflect
-Peck
-Hypnosis

Solo Chuck (INCOMPLETE)
Solo and E4 member the first time (INCOMPLETE)
Solo a different E4 member the second time (INCOMPLETE)

I'mADoctor was honestly a bit better this chapter, because she's getting to a high enough level to easily KO more pokemon. She's still got a long way to go though, and I really hope she doesn't end up being useless :(

Great updates, everyone!

@Prof Science: Nice to see the lengthy approach. Great read.
@Marhall: These bullet updates work very well. It was entertaining to see how you struggled with Claire. And hurray for the $1000 fine! To this day that annoys the crap out of me!
@Waterwarrior: LOL!! Guess you won't be underestimating Garbodor anymore! I loved the random trainer quotes.

@Axmaster: I don't know the specific song. But if you want, you can take this challange (if anyone does know the song and can do a better challange, please, by all means, go ahead and make it). It's inspired on Rollin' from the Chocolate Starfish Album.

So take a Geodude named Rollin'.

From the (very simple) lyrics:
"Move in! Move out!" - Must switch out after knocking out a pokemon.
"Back up! Back up!" - Must know Defense Curl and/or Protect.
"Hands up! Hands down!" - He may learn Rock Smash (To BREAK STUFF).
"Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin Rollin! - Must know Rollout and Gyroball ASAP.

He must solo every "Chocolate Starfish" you encounter (Staryu/Starmie)
He must solo at least 5 pokemon belonging to a gymleader with a type advantage: (Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Erika, Misty or Brock (all his pokes have dual STAB)) Why? Because they want to mess with Limp Bizkit, that's why!
He can't learn any other attacks besides Tackle, Rollout, Gyroball, Rock Smash and Dig.
If you choose to learn Dig: he must now switch out after every attack.
If you knock out a pokemon with Rollout, however, he may choose to stay in.
Play his song whenever you send him out in a major Rocket or Rival battle.

Have Fun!

HeartGold Scramble 4

The next part of my HG Scramble:

Scramble Challange Part 4: Steel Fighting It.

Hello, Smogon!

I know that I haven't posted on my Scramble for a while, and the zero of you who care probably thought I gave up. But I am a man of honor, and I never give up on a video game challange until I win!

I wish I had a social life.

Basically, my excuse is that I've been uber-busy applying to colleges, and I haven't really had time to work on it. But now that my Common App is done and my SATs are in (which are quite nice, but who's counting?), all I have to do is that stupid Profile and I'm ready to roll!

Enough about reality, though. Here's what's happened:

It's been a couple of months, so the details of what happened after I beat Morty in Random's epic troll-fest are a bit hazy. But, I was able to finally complete my team, catching Fury en route to Cianwood and breeding PVTShuckle.

I had to train them for quite a while in order to catch them up, and the mons in this game are so low-level... it gives you a good appreciation for the B/W experience system when your lvl.1 mon grows 10 levels after you kill a lvl. 20.

After all that grinding (and finding Entei and Raikou a few times to listen to their epic battle themes), I finally felt ready to challenge the Cianwood Gym, under the condition that Brick had to solo Chuck. I was a bit worried because Bayleef generally have the attacking prowess of a Butterfree. However, after powering through his Primeape and it's Swagger+Focus Punch combo (with the help of Reflect), his Poliwrath came in... to be OHKOed by a Petal Dance. Go Brick! After that great battle, Brick, having proved himself to be true masonry material, evolved into Meganium. It's just too bad that the flower dinosaur got shafted in terms of offense; it's like Serperior, only it isn't hilariously fast or that much of a boss.

After going through the Lighthouse and earning Quote the right to evolve again, plot stuff happened and then Fury completely destroyed Jasmine with Surf and Volt Absorb. Poor Jasmine, I always liked that whole "moe" aspect to her.

Now I'm Mahogany Town, right before I get to see Lance's Dragonite Hyper Beam a guy, presumably to smithereens. Also, Shuckle is completely useless. Adios!

My Current Team:

Brick (Meganium) Lv.34
Relaxed @Miracle Seed Overgrow

-Headbutt
-Synthesis
-Petal Dance
-Reflect

Fury (Lanturn) Lv.29
Timid Volt Absorb

-Take Down
-Surf
-Water Gun
-Spark

SGTShuckle (Shuckle) Lv.21
Jolly Gluttony

-Constrict
-Bide
-Safeguard
-Encore

Random (Clefairy) Lv.31
Quirky Cute Charm

-Metronome
-Encore
-Cosmic Power
-Magical Leaf

Quote (Machoke) Lv.30
Relaxed @Quick Claw No Guard

-Seismic Toss
-Foresight
-Karate Chop
-Revenge

2Fingers (Ambipom) Lv.32
Jolly @Silk Scarf Technician

-Hyper Beam
-Double Hit
-Agility
-Tickle

So I believe that I've put more effort into my layout for my Scramble than I have in the Scramble itself. I'll be sure to start it soon, don't worry.

New Colosseum update is done! Team update coming later this weekend.

Also, for those who've been waiting, PMD Mafia's postgame is FINALLY done! Go check it out!

Ok, Colosseum team update is done. It's at the end of the most recent update.

I have around 3 updates left until the final battle. I'll probably do Realgam Tower->Grinding->The Final Battle. When the last main storyline update is up, the XD challenge are opened.

I still need an Iradescent(spelling?) pokemon for my Linkin Park Scramble. I will also be hopefully finishing Chapter 6 today or tomorrow.

@Axmaster, you get Iridescent the Magnemite. Naturally, its restrictions come from the song lyrics:

"Your insides crying, 'Save me now' " - Whenever a teammate gets into the red, Iridescent must switch in and solo the rest of the opponent's team, unless this conflicts with any other challenges.

"Remember all the sadness and frustration" - Must learn and keep Frustration.

"And in a burst of light that blinded every angel" - Must learn Flash Cannon ASAP, and use it to KO every 'angel' you encounter (pokemon in the Fairy egg group).

Hope you can trade to evolve it fully. Have fun.

@Professor Science, accepted. I've always wanted to use a Magnimite, and I can trade to evolve. That means I have my full team! Thanks guys! Here's my team:

@Axmaster, you get Iridescent the Magnemite. Naturally, its restrictions come from the song lyrics:

"Your insides crying, 'Save me now' " - Whenever a teammate gets into the red, Iridescent must switch in and solo the rest of the opponent's team, unless this conflicts with any other challenges.
"Remember all the sadness and frustration" - Must learn and keep Frustration.

"And in a burst of light that blinded every angel" - Must learn Flash Cannon ASAP, and use it to KO every 'angel' you encounter (pokemon in the Fairy egg group).

Hope you can trade to evolve it fully. Have fun(Prof. Science)
Ok, Axmaster, take LOATR the Tauros. Your restrictions are based on the following lines:

"After my dreaming/I awoke with this fear"
This means that it must know and keep Rest and use it when you get statused (poison, burn, para) or when your HP is in the red. After it wakes up, it panics and must use it's strongest move.

"Reasons to be Missed/ and don't resent me"
Must have two moves without perfect accuracy ASAP. If you miss, switch him out and heal him. If you cannot heal him (full health and no status), then do something nice for him (give him a vitamin or a haircut or something along those lines).

"Don't be afraid/ I've taken my beating"
Have him face his fear and solo Chuck and Pryce.

"Keep me in your memory/ Leave out all the rest"
Do three memorable experiences with only him on your team (no one else).
1. Solo Erika
2. Solo 1 legend
3. Solo the last gym's trainers minus Clair(KS)

Reserving OneStep the Cyndaquil (fixed it)

Everything you say to me: You may never use a sound-based move, and switch out when hit by one after the 2nd gym

I need a little room to breathe: Can not be used in double battles

I found bliss in ignorance: Must solo 25 smiling Pokémon to evolve into Feraligatr, as well as Whitney's Clefairy (she does not count for the 25)

I'm about to break: Can not use health-restoring items if in the red and can only use Physical moves when in the red.

Just like before: As you'll remember from Whut?errrr, you can not switch out or use a Full Heal/Chesto Berry/ etc. if OneStep is put to sleep my means of an opponent's Hypnosis/ Sleep Powder, or he can not fight in the rest of the battle.(waterwarrior)

Axmaster, you get Numb the Tentacool. It must have Liquid Ooze.
First of all, it's a tentacool because, well, this line: 'Caught in the undertow just caught in the undertow' and 'Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface'
It has some weird restrictions.
'I've become so numb I can't feel you there'= Must keep one poison type move and Toxic Spikes. Toxic Spikes may not count as the poison type move until after the Steelix Solo.
'Can't you see that you're smothering me? Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control'= must keep Wrap, Constrict, or Wring Out.
'I'm tired of being what you want me to be. Unimportant lyric. I don't know what you're expecting of me' Must solo Jasmine's Steelix and one Magnemite. After that Toxic Spikes can be your poison move. Must poison 1 Elite Four member with Toxic Spikes. (Not being Soloed)
No evolution restriction. Also, it must learn Surf. To ease up the movepool, poison one gym leader pokemon with Toxic Spikes to get rid of Constrict/Wrap/Wring Out. Have Fun with a premier OU wall!
Sorry if this is less Linkin Park style, never listened to this song, or any for that matter =P (Grassblade)

@Axmaster68, take InTheEnd the Drowzee. It knows "that time is a valuable thing" so at the start of every battle it will "watch it fly by as the pendulum swings" by using Hypnosis at least once. "In spite of the way (Pokemon) were mocking" it, by always being under the effect of Torment, it manages to solo Morty. It can evolve into Hypno now but it thinks to itself "Things aren’t the way they were before, (My Trainer) wouldn’t even recognize me anymore", so it must learn 4 new moves ASAP and it cannot relearn the original 4 moves but the Hypnosis restriction is lifted. It must solo all but the last Pokemon belonging to an E4 Member and again for any Kanto Gym Leader because "in the end, it doesn’t even matter". Hope that was good. Have fun!(Super Saiyan)

Axmaster take BleedItOut the Pinsir

After you catch him find Dig and teach it to him immediately- Dug a trench out, laid down there. With a shovel up out reach somewhere

If he becomes poisoned, switch him out immediately. After the battle you must walk around until he is cured of the poison and is left with 1 Hp I bleed it out

At the start of every battle he must use his highest base-powered move. Shotgun, I pull, lock and load. Cock it back and watch it go

Now you can only find Pinsir at the national bug catching contest. So your final challenge depends on what place you come in!

1st Place:
Solo Morty and that is all

2nd Place:
Solo Morty and Pryce

3rd Place:
Give him the sitrus berry
Solo Morty, Pryce, and Eusine

No Place:
Must always hold the Shed Shell
Solo Morty, Pryce, Eusine, and Karen of the E4(John)

I will update this post with my updates after my Personality Challange!

Chapter 6 is up. It is short, but it bridges the gap between the 8th Badge and the looming Elite Four challenge, which has a few important solos coming up!

Ok i am back from my week long vacation, got a New Pokemon Diamond and ready for a scramble so lets go with these rules
1. I have the right to say no
2. Lets go with Mono-Steel typing
3. I have access to other Games(CoughCoughHeartgold has about all my pokemonsCoughCough)So i can trade SOME in
4. One must be a starter(CoughCoughPiplupCoughCough)
5. I will have Metal Nicknames, eg Nickel the Magnemite
6. I dont want double of types, eg dont want 2 Steel/Ground types
7. You can give me pokemons which evolve into steel types(Onix and Piplub basically oh and Sycther)
8. Remember Pokemon DIAMOND

Reserving a Shieldon/Magnimite for Maxie. Will edit in a sec.

EDIT: Maxie, take Dime OR Copper the Shieldon.(I'll adress your Shieldon as Dime for now) Dime is obsessed wtih everything to do with a dime, and so must:
1) Solo one pokemon of the 10th non-rival and non-Team Glactic trainer you face.(Bertha
2) Know the 10th move from the last level up move that Shieldon learns(protect) and any level-up moves learned at a level that is divisible by 10(Metal Sound and/or Block.)
3) Have your moveset set up like this:
Metal Sound Protect
Block Attacking move of choice
and flip a dime to see which move you can use for that turn.
4) Solo the 10th and 20th gym leader pokemon you face, and the tenth trainer you face on every route you enter with Dime having been caught.
5) To evolve, tank a hit that would have knocked out a teammate on 20 occasions, and evolve at level 30 OR level 40.
6) Win 10 contests with Dime.

Good luck, and let me know if this is too hard!

Maxie, take a Beldum named Stubborn. It must solo 2 trainers in the Hearthome gym before evolving to Metang; how you do this is up to you. If you think that solo is too difficult (wimp :/), solo EVERY trainer in the Canalave gym, minus Byron, before evolving to Metang.

Once you evolve to Metang, it resolves to never be helpless again like it was during the solos; rename it Prepared. So, teach it 4 moves that ensure that no pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex is resistant to all 4 moves.

Once you have done this and completed the Mt. Coronet event, you may evolve to Metagross. As a Metagross, Stubborn is constantly calculating and scheming to defeat its opponents, so rename it IBM. It now must have a moveset of 4 moves that can score a supereffective hit on any pokemon in the Sinnoh pokedex, minus 10 freebies of your choice, before the Elite 4. Whenever you have an option to use a super-effective move with IBM, you must do so; if you do not, switch out immediately.

If you reject, I will back with something even more brutal. The Beldum part is easier than it sounds.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)