Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, what the hell. I'll begin my return to Smogon (for some reason, my router decided "Nope, I don't like Smogon anymore!" in the middle of a post, and I haven't been able to get on since July...) with a Scramble on... Crystal. Some restrictions though...

- Cannot trade.
- Please be somewhat reasonable... i.e. Don't make me solo Whitney with an Abra using only physical moves. I appreciate a challenge that is winnable.
- I'd prefer a team that doesn't double up on types too much.

@sos I'm giving you your starter, which starter you ask? The 1 of a type you don't get from anyone else. Here's how it works.
-If you get a grass and a water pokemon you get cyndaquil, if water+fire chikorita and fire+grass gets you a totodile.
-If you get all 3 types (grass,water,fire) you get a cyndaquil which you must replace with the first pokemon you find of a type you aren't given.
-If you only get 1 of the 3 types you can choose either starter not the type you get.
-If you get none of the 3 types you can choose any starter you want.
The only restriction for the pokemon you get is that it must keep atleast 1 move it had when you got it.
Good luck on your challenge.
EDIT:@akamedomo I already called starter.

Sorry about your router! Great to see another user though. c:

A Crystal Scramble, hm. Take a Mareep. It is the only Pokemon that can be used in the Lighthouse. Never use it against Gym Leaders or Elites. Can be used against the Champion though. Name it "BakNDaBall".

Yes it is easy but not the easiest, *looks for his totodile* here it is, I was lucky enough to get a neutral nature so no restrictions but the scramble still wasn't easy because of all the other challenges I got. The totodile will probably only be really good against the E4 (I also don't consider e4 "mid-game" even if it is technically) and besides, he needs something that doesn't suck *looks at athenos weird challenge*. P.S. I'll probably edit in an update on my mono-psychic challenge sometime.
God damn, I put so much time into that challenge and you get a neutral nature. D:

@Son_of_Shadoo: You can have a Chikorita. Name it Leaf.

This Chikorita is Ash's, which means it has to be female. Its moveset after Blackthorn Gym must be:
Razor Leaf
Sweet Scent
Headbutt
Body Slam

To evolve, it has to solo Bugsy's Metapod and Kakuna and solo Proton in Slowpoke Well.

Also, she must solo Chuck - just to be in phase with the animé.

If you solo Clair's Kingdra with Leaf, she will understand that you're not Ash and that she has bigger goals in life than simple crushes. She can now evolve and you can teach her 1 more move of your choice, replacing Sweet Scent (as she doesn't need to lure Ash anymore).

SOS is Scrambling Crystal? In that case, hatch the Odd Egg and it'll be your next team member. If it's the Pikachu-colored Pichu, it cannot evolve into Pikachu; if it's Pichu but not Shiny, it has to evolve and stay a Pikachu; if it's a Shiny Cleffa or Igglybuff, it cannot reach its final form by Moon Stone; otherwise it has to be in its final form by the Elites. It must keep Dizzy Punch at all times.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Crystal? Wonderful. You get a Ghastly from Sprout Tower, which has to solo Morty and Jasmin in order to evolve into Haunter and an E4 member and two Kanto leaders before you battle Red.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Too late to give a challenge...

Anyways, I still need 5 more for my HeartGold Scramble & I've figured out how I'm going to narrow the 20 down to 6: With a pack of playing cards...

So this isn't a pointless post, another brief update on Fire Red: Have three badges now. Compared to the bitch that was Misty, Lt. Surge was rather easy. TopPercent the Ratatta Went digging to dispatch Voltorb & Pikachu, but didn't stand a chance against Raichu. So ImARandom2 the (soon to be) metronoming Clefairy, took Raichu down after two Doubleslaps, a couple of turns worth of annoying parahax, & another couple of turns worth of unlucky misses. So, I'm about to head back to Cerulean with TopPercent the Ratatta at Lv25, ImARandom2 the Clefairy at Lv25, & Behemoth the Charmander at Lv28, & a random HM Slave.

Oh, this is also my 250th post on Smogon, a quarter of the way to 1000...

HUGE APOLOGY POST:

Hello fellow scramblers, long time no see! Unfortunately, when I left for Thanksgiving break, I left my lab top in my college dorm room. And when I got home, I found out that my home computer had a virus. Excepting my dad's for-work-only lab top, I essentially had no internet access all thanksgiving break. Right before I left I had signed up for a scramble mini tourney, which I'm assuming I have been subbed out of. I'm sorry for any inconvenience my absence might have caused. However, having said all of that... IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Hey dvm, good to have you back. Actually, the simple tourney has been put on hold for a bit, because many people had similar troubles over thanksgiving. And on a related note, I hereby suggest that we revamp the tournament and try to get all matches done this week. I'll VM my opponent now.

HUGE APOLOGY POST:

Hello fellow scramblers, long time no see! Unfortunately, when I left for Thanksgiving break, I left my lab top in my college dorm room. And when I got home, I found out that my home computer had a virus. Excepting my dad's for-work-only lab top, I essentially had no internet access all thanksgiving break. Right before I left I had signed up for a scramble mini tourney, which I'm assuming I have been subbed out of. I'm sorry for any inconvenience my absence might have caused. However, having said all of that... IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!
I know how you feel...ish. I haven't had internet access for a week and I've already gone crazy over the fact that I wanted to say one thing to Random about his challenge.

Which is, by the way, that I simpy wanted to change the Ditto challenge to be a weeny bit harder; you must catch a natural natured Ditto, as that is what those uncreative PO'ers give their "revenge killers". That is all :).

Its A Random: for HG bring a Hoppip.
Name it 4xtheFun. It must appear against 2 GLMP without fainting to evolve one. It must KO (but not necessarily solo) 2 more GLMP to evolve again. It must be withing 2 levels of your highest pokemon at all times by the time you fight Chuck. It must KO at least one member of each of the E4s team.

Also,
HUGE APOLOGY POST:

This.
But, replace "dorm" with "Bitchin' Apartment."
And I did get my match in for the mini-tourney.
Otherwise, I am just like doom; only prettier.

HUGE APOLOGY POST:

About the Tournament, don't worry. I saw the other people here and the only people that battled were me and Vratix... I'm still deciding whether I delay it or cancel it.

Update on my Scramble:

I finally defeated Gardenia with 2 of my 3 best pokemons being weak against it.

Athena the lv. 23 Bibarel ended up soloing 2 pokes instead of one due to a Razor Leaf miss and a Quick Claw activation followed by a flinch.

Cr8itivity the lv. 14 Budew used Stun Spore on Roserade and did like 4 Hp to it thanks to para hax.

Then Puff the lv. 18 Onix used Screech twice due to a Stun Spore miss and para hax. Then it Rock Throwed it to 50 % of its health (remember, he's modest).

Easter the lv. 24 Buneary used Frustration to get me that badge.

Easter already has Return, Foresight and Jump Kick and only needs to learn Agility (or Healing Wish) to have her final moveset.

Athena has already learned Grass Knot and is being the MVP.

Cr8tivity is holding a Soothe Bell and waiting for Sunny Day TM (the only Fire-type move he can learn) to evolve because I want him to learn Leech Seed as a Roselia at lv. 16.

Puff is being the supporter and the insurance against Fire-types.

I just realized Puff the Onix can only battle pokemons started with H when I see a Houndour so he won't battle any poke with any of these letters: HONA LEE until then...

To do list:

Now that I have Cut, I can capture Gastly and Rotom and think about a strategy for the tougher trainers like the E4.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Updated with Vratix's Challenge, & minor edits to Iggdrasil's challenge. 4 to go.
Me again, adding the final challenge I want to add to my queue.
It's a HeartGold Scramble. I want 20 Pokemon suggested (No duplicates) & use something (Probably a D20) to determine the six I will use in the Scramble.
Rules:

• Heart Gold Version
  • No Trades
  • 20 Pokemon, randomly narrowed down to 6
  • No duplicates
  • No Pokewalker mons.
  • I reserve the right to reject challenges
  • Final battle is against Red
  • At least one Starter, One Surfer & One Flyer
  • Fairly high Difficulty & Creativity
  • No Pokemon later than Pewter City
  • Make them fun
Without Further ado, fire away.

The Random 20
  1. Variable (Dexington)
  2. Smeargle: Only move is Hidden Power until Pryce, after that, It must know & keep Fly (Dark Ray)
  3. Cyndaquil (Sid/Sidney): May not know any Fire Type moves or battle other Fire Type Pokemon (chocolate-kipp)
  4. Lapras: Must Solo 30 Gym Leader & E4 Pokemon combined before Blue, & may either be all Physical or all Special (Athenodoros)
  5. Starmie (Valence): If kept below Lv40 against E4, must have Surf & BoltBeam. Otherwise, must know Surf, but no BoltBeam (Treadshot A1)
  6. Aerodactyl (Bruce): STAB only, 1 Attacking move & 1 non-attacking move of each, must defeat 2 Fighting types with Rock moves & 2 Electric types with Flying moves. If it faints beforehand, no STAB (BiGGiE)
  7. Scyther (BugEyes): Must know & keep Vacuum Wave, only STAB is Wing Attack. Must solo Whitney's Miltank & Chuck's Poliwrath (Galladiator)
  8. Miltank: Must know & keep Substitute & only use Normal moves (Texas Cloverleaf)
  9. Mareep: Special moves only, solo three gyms to evolve (yaya0)
  10. Haunter: Must solo every Haunter I see, including Morty's Haunters. May only use moves with a base power below 80 (DetroitLolcat)
  11. Wooper (Yawn): If ability is Damp, Must know & keep Yawn & Yawn 5 Pokemon to sleep to evolve. If ability is Water Absorb, must know & keep Yawn & Rest & Yawn 10 Pokemon to sleep to evolve (Edwin Illan)
  12. Gligar (Dracula/Bramstoker/Anne Rice): Cannot learn Status or Special moves until Lv34, where it must know & keep Swords Dance. It also must hold a Razor Fang & must know & keep Guillotine. Must solo Red's Pikachu (Dummy007)
  13. Onix from Violet City: Must have Rock Head, only attacking moves are those with side effects, must solo Jasmine's Steelix & a Gym Leader of my choice to evolve (pokemagnificent)
  14. Ditto (Ditto4OU): Must hold Choice Scarf, must have a neutral nature (Iggdrasil)
  15. Farfetch'd: Only STAB moves are Fly & Cut. Rest are non-STAB (Sprocket)
  16. Hoppip (4xTheFun): Must appear against 2 GLMP to evolve into Skiploom, & KO 2 GLMP to evolve into Jumpluff. Post-Chuck, must be no more than 2 levels below highest levelled Pokemon & must KO at least one Pokemon on each of the E4 member's teams (Vratix)
  17. TBA
  18. TBA
  19. TBA
  20. TBA
Quoted so people can see the thing...

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright I am nearly finished my LG Nuzlocke so I will probably take a Scramble soon. Any preferences towards the game I choose (Emerald, Platinum, Heart Gold)?

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Leaning away from HG right now since my last Scramble was on it. Platinum seems kind of likely atm since i don't think I've ever actually completed a challenge on it.

Leaning away from HG right now since my last Scramble was on it. Platinum seems kind of likely atm since i don't think I've ever actually completed a challenge on it.
Either way, so long as Dummy and I still have our spots reserved. I hate to harp on it, but I figure if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

Texas Cloverleaf

Alright, too lazy to wait so I will take challenges now.

Platinum Hard Scramble
- I reserve the right to refuse your challenge.
- I will refuse anything that requires grinding, or is just plain boring to use (Such as a Pokemon with no damaging moves, that has to solo Pokemon by PP stalling)
- I want 9 Pokemon since I am done for the night. I will choose the six I will use.
- Automatic ineligible list: Bug types, Ponyta, Bidoof, Starly, Chansey.

So... the team.
- (Reserved for Galladiator)
- (Reserved for Dummy 007)
- (Reserved for IRA)
- Take a Chimchar. Soft-reset for a nature that lowers either Speed or Attack. It may never learn Nasty Plot. It may never learn Special STAB. Have it solo Gardenia to evolve into Monferno and Byron for Infernape. Solo Giratina with it just for kicks.

Name him "IFlySolo" (chocolate-kipp)
-
-
-
-
-

Let's Have 'Em!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Texas Cloverleaf, I will give you a variable Pokemon.

Late in the game you go to Lake Valor & find an Azelf. You think Woah, it looks cool & decide to catch it. After countless Pokeballs, you finally catch it! You got a Legendary! You take it out of the PC & throw it out...only to see that it was a disguise & a random Pokemon comes out...

What Pokemon it is depends on Azelf's nature...

Neutral: It was a Drifloon! It must know & keep Stockpile & Swallow/Spit Up & evolve before Victory Road. Must KO 5 Pokemon in the Pokemon League.
+Atk: It was a Scyther! (Or Scizor if you can trade) It must know & keep Fury Cutter & Double Hit. Must KO 10 Pokemon in the Victory Road.
+Def: It was a Duskull! It must know & keep Shadow & Curse & evolve into Dusclops before Victory Road. Must KO 10 Pokemon in the Victory Road.
+SAtk: It was a Kirlia! It must know & keep Imprison & Magical Leaf & evolve into Gardevoir before Victory Road. Must KO 5 Pokemon in the Pokemon League.
+SDef: It was a Swablu! It must know & keep Mirror Move & Refresh & evolve before Victory Road. Must KO 10 Pokemon in Victory Road.
+Spd: It was a Golbat! It must know & keep Mean Look & Poison Fang & evolve before Victory Road. Must KO 5 Pokemon in the Pokemon League.
Either way, name it Random or ItsARandom.

Have fun (And NO SRing).

EDIT: If rejected, you get Texas the Abomasnow. You must catch it as an Abomasnow. It must know & keep Ingrain & must use it everytime it enters the battlefield.

Have fun.

(Insert comment about needing 4 more for HG Scramble here) If there isn't 20 challenges in 20 hours, I may allow people who've already given a challenge to give another one.

Take a Chimchar. Soft-reset for a nature that lowers either Speed or Attack. It may never learn Nasty Plot. It may never learn Special STAB. Have it solo Gardenia to evolve into Monferno and Byron for Infernape. Solo Giratina with it just for kicks.

Name him "IFlySolo". :B

Let's go with...Togepi! Yes, hatch the egg Cynthia gives you in Eterna. Upon hatching, nickname the baby Togepi "Spasm". Spasm is different from other Togepi. (S)he is always jealous of other Pokemon because they get cool moves, but (s)he's left out in the proverbial cold. As a result, Spasm must always know Metronome, and use it at least once against every Gym Leader, starting with the next Leader you face (either Wake or Maylene). It can only evolve to Togetic when it solos Candice, and may evolve into Togekiss at the entrance to Victory Road. It must use Metronome once against Aaron, twice against Bertha, three times against Flint, and five times against Lucian, and must lead against Cynthia, where it must use Metronome at least twice.

Have fun!

EDIT: To clarify, you can use any TMs on it you want, so long as it never forgets Metronome. <cough>Fire Blast<cough>

Texas Cloverleaf, I will give you a variable Pokemon.

Late in the game you go to the Distortion World after Cyrus & beat him & find a Giratina. After countless Pokeballs, you finally catch it! You got a Legendary! You take it out of the PC & throw it out...only to see that it was a disguise & a random Pokemon comes out...

What Pokemon it is depends on Giratina's nature...

Neutral: It was a Drifloon! It must know & keep Stockpile & Swallow/Spit Up & evolve before Victory Road. Must KO 5 Pokemon in the Pokemon League.
+Atk: It was a Scyther! (Or Scizor if you can trade) It must know & keep Fury Cutter & Double Hit. Must KO 10 Pokemon in the Victory Road.
+Def: It was a Duskull! It must know & keep Shadow & Curse & evolve into Dusclops before Victory Road. Must KO 10 Pokemon in the Victory Road.
+SAtk: It was a Kirlia! It must know & keep Imprison & Magical Leaf & evolve into Gardevoir before Victory Road. Must KO 5 Pokemon in the Pokemon League.
+SDef: It was a Swablu! It must know & keep Mirror Move & Refresh & evolve before Victory Road. Must KO 10 Pokemon in Victory Road.
+Spd: It was a Golbat! It must know & keep Mean Look & Poison Fang & evolve before Victory Road. Must KO 5 Pokemon in the Pokemon League.
Either way, name it Random or ItsARandom.

Have fun (And NO SRing).

(Insert comment about needing 4 more for HG Scramble here) If there isn't 20 challenges in 20 hours, I may allow people who've already given a challenge to give another one.
Copier :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)