Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SGV: You get Pacifist the Sableye. The only attacking move it can use is Night Shade. It cannot fight any Pokémon of the following types: Normal, Rock, Ground, Flying, Fighting, Steel, Ghost, Poison, Bug

reserved starter for SGV

The challenge:

Congratulations! You get Fearful the male Torchic as your starter!

Fearful is afraid of the power it will gain in Gen V with Speed Boost, and is afraid of evolving into Blaziken. It volunteers to come on a journey with you to come to terms with its power.

Until meeting Wally for the first time, Fearful is so afraid of everything that it cannot battle any wild pokemon. After meeting Wally and helping him to catch a Ralts, Fearful comes to understand that wild Pokemon are not so different from others, and will battle them to help better both himself and others.

Fearful comes to Rustboro, hearing of a gym leader specializing in the Rock type. After battling through the gym trainers with the rest of the team, Fearful, still afraid of the power that comes from evolution, tries to solo Roxanne as a Torchic. He may fail many times, and may eventually evolve in frustration. If he evolves, he must immediately solo Roxanne using Double Kick. Shocked by the ease with which he destroyed the gym leader, Fearful resolves to never evolve again, and may only use one of his two STABs for the rest of the game. At least two moves must be of the chosen STAB type. Ignore all the forthcoming restrictions, and know that I wasted an hour of my life writing them.

If Fearful does manage to solo Roxanne as a Torchic, he continues on to Dewford with the rest of your team. After fighting through Dewford gym, he comes face to face with Brawly, and cowers, still afraid of the fighting type. Fearful may not participate in the battle against Brawly. If the rest of your team defeats Brawly on their first try, Fearful accepts that the fighting type alone is not powerful, and chooses to evolve to Combusken. If it takes more than one try to defeat Brawly, Fearful decides to remain a Torchic for now in fear of the fighting type’s power.

After passing through Mauville and Fallarbor without event, Fearful encounters Flannery in Lavaridge. If he is still a Torchic, he attempts to solo Flannery using only Fire-type moves, in an attempt to show the purity of being a single-typed fire pokemon. If he fails in the first attempt, he evolves to Combusken in his rage. As a Combusken, Fearful must solo Flannery without using a single Fire-type move, to show the power of having a secondary type.

Fearful now returns with your team to Petalburg, where you must fight your way through the entire gym. Before the battle with Norman, Fearful, if still a Torchic, is overcome by a mysterious force, and evolves into Combusken. If Fearful has just evolved now, he must solo Norman. If not, Norman may be battled normally.

After crossing the waterway East of Mauville with Surf, Fearful becomes aware of his vulnerable position. Having two types gives him more possible weaknesses! Knowing of the fighting type’s weakness to flying, Fearful may not participate in any battles again until after Winona is defeated.

After observing the battle with Winona, Fearful discovers that he has let the rest of the team down. He begins to become more confident in his power, and solos your rival in Lilycove, as well as the Team Aqua members on Mt. Pyre. After you are given the Blue Orb, Fearful takes it into his keeping, and cannot hold an item again until after the battle with Kyogre.

Pursuing Team Aqua back to Slateport, Fearful arrives too late to stop the theft of the submarine, and vows to destroy Team Aqua. Take the opportunity in Slateport to rename Fearful to Fearless.

In the Team Aqua hideout, Fearless must solo Aqua Admin Courtney in an attempt to take back the submarine, but to no avail. Fearless jumps into the water after the submarine, and is severely injured in the chase. Eventually, he is forced to give it up. Because of his injuries, he cannot be in your party again until you reach Mossdeep.

Despite having a type disadvantage to the gym leaders in Mossdeep, Fearless is one of your lead pokemon in the gym battle, and must have at least one KO against the leaders. After gaining the ability for the team to use Dive, Fearless surges on, directing the team to the Seafloor Cavern, where Kyogre is awakened.

After arriving in Sootopolis, the rest of your party members are too afraid to enter the Cave of Origin, and Fearless must be your only companion into the cave. He enters the bottom floor carrying the Blue Orb, and uses its power to calm Kyogre, either defeating it, or weakening it for capture.

After this heroic feat, Fearless immediately (read: with a Rare Candy if necessary) evolves into Blaziken, only to discover that he doesn’t have Speed Boost after all. Before the team challenges Wallace, Fearless returns the Blue Orb to the top of Mt. Pyre where it belongs. Fearless has now completed the journey that he set out to complete, and is now dedicated entirely to helping you complete your own. Solo at least one pokemon from each Elite Four member that another party member does not have to solo, but you may not solo any member outright. When reaching the Champion’s room, Fearless must be your lead, so he will be first in your party in the Hall of Fame.

Read the challenge, it’s a good story if I do say so myself.

Here’s a summary that’s almost as long:
-Male Torchic, NN Fearless
-No wild battles until Petalburg
-Solo Roxanne as a Torchic
-If you fail enough that you want to give up entirely, evolve to
Combusken, and use only one STAB for the rest of the game.
-If you evolve, solo Roxanne with Double Kick.
-At least two moves must be of this STAB
-May never evolve to a Blaziken.
-Ignore all forthcoming restrictions

-May not be used against Brawly
-If Brawly is defeated first try, evolve to Combusken
-Solo Flannery
-If a Torchic, use only fire-type moves
-If this solo fails, evolve to Combusken, solo without a fire-type move
-If already Combusken, solo without a fire-type move

-If not a Combusken by Norman, evolve after all gym trainers are defeated, but before battling Norman. If you have just evolved now, solo Norman.
-After crossing the water East of Mauville, may not battle again until after Winona.
-Solo rival in Lilycove
-Solo Team Aqua on Mt. Pyre
-May not hold any item after Mt. Pyre
-Rename to Fearless while in Slateport
-Solo the Admin in the Aqua hideout
-May not use again until Mossdeep
-Lead against Tate&Liza
-KO one of Tate&Liza’s Pokemon.
-Must be the only Pokemon you take into the Cave of Origin
-Must evolve into Blaziken immediately after the Kyogre battle
-Must return the Blue Orb to Mt. Pyre immediately
-May hold items again
-Must solo at least one Pokemon from each E4 member not spoken for
-May not solo all pokemon from any member
-Must lead against Steven.

SGV, you get BITE ME the poocheyena. take the amount of EXP this pooch has when you catch it is the amount of pokemon this pooch must solo before it can evolve. additionally, since a level 3 pocheyena only requires like 17 exp to gain a level, this effect doesnt start until you defeat Roxanne with him delivering the killing blow.

so you grind to level 20 to beat roxanne with poocheyena? have fun beating over 500 pokemon before evolution. Ill be fair; trainer pokemon count as 2 points, gym lackeyes count as 5, and gym leaders count as 25 (roxanne doesnt count)
also, as an added bonus; the only moves that poocheyena can attack with is Bite/Crunch. all other moves must be supporting (and looking at his levelup movepool, its not that bad) No Tms or Hms may be learned from this Beast.

(poocheyena learns bite at level 13, and crunch at level 41. Mighteyena leanrs cruch at level 46.)
Good luck, you will definately need it.

@SGV: You get Pacifist the Sableye. The only attacking move it can use is Night Shade. It cannot fight any Pokémon of the following types: Normal, Rock, Ground, Flying, Fighting, Steel, Ghost, Poison, Bug
There's only 39 pokemon that meet you're criteria in Hoenn, most of which are rarely used by trainers so it'll be extremely hard to train Sableye. Sorry, I'm not doing it.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Article Blast;
ooh goodie a fire red scrablocke

Catch a Mankey. A male one, actually.
Look at your time. What Hour is it? is it morning or night?
name your mankey the time of capture. Similar to that of a hospitals time of death.
If your mankey was caught between the hours of 3:30 AM your time and 3:45 AM, your mankey passed peacefully, with no restrictions.
If your mankey was caught between the hours of 3:45 AM and 8 AM, Your mankey got a rude awakening with the Avian Flu, and must solo all Birds and things that levitate. This includes Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.
If your mankey was caught between the hours 8 Am and 12PM, Your mankey was Poisoned by the Russian Mob! Mankey must Remain poisoned at all times. Should he be alleviated of its condition, you must go and get him poisoned again. Because thats how the mob works! when you fail, try, try again.
If your Mankey was caught between the Hours of 12PM and 1PM, your mankey was about to eat! poor guy, now his belly will never be full. Your Mankey must never have full health. should he be alleviated of his condition, you must get him injured. Because being hungry never puts you at your top.
If your Mankey was caught between the Hours of 1Pm and 5Pm, your mankey Is tired! he just wanted to Rest. Your mankey must always have a rest talk Moveset.
If your mankey was caught between the Hours of 5Pm and 9Pm, he really wanted to go home to his wife and kids. You must catch a Female Mankey, named Bertha, and when you go to 4Island, you must abandon him with his wife at the Day care until you beat the elite 4 a second time.
If your mankey was caught between 9Pm and 3:30AM, your mankey will be too tired to preform his ninja tricks! oh No! Your mankey must never know a level up move, and if it does, you must delete is asap.
tl;dr: change the time on your DS clock before catching the mankey.

@SGV
You get S.W.iO. the Carvanha who is sad. Why sad, you say? Because Shark Week is Over and that never makes anyone happy. Plus, I missed the new Air Jaws because I had to study for summer finals but what SWiO is most upset about is: he didn't get to eat Andy Samburg. Since SWiO actually cannot solo Andy (who is a firebreather) without trading he decides that raging around and doing as much damage as possible is more important than having revenge on Andy for being in Shark Week (who knows WHY he was there? Honestly!). Logical as he is trying to be S.W.iO. is rather petty and may not evolve until his revenge is complete. After that he calms down but is by no means "friendly" so your other pokemon just have to respect that. But it's worth it because he is one of the greatest assets your team possesses.

interpret/recap
-Carvanha named S.W.iO.
-May never switch out of battle once in
-May not evolve until he solos every Firebreather it is possible to solo
-As a Sharpedo, may not participate in double battles.
-Must know multiple HMs (of choice)
-Must solo any one member of the Elite 4 (preferably Phoebe, I hate her).

Here is my team:

You must catch a Hoothoot and name it Fred. Fred the Hoot-Hoot must be
exactly four levels higher than your starter at all times (of course, when you initially catch it, it won't be).
Fred, however, thinks he is a Woobat.
Accordingly, he can only know Flying/Psychic attacks. He may never leave your party.
Evolve after the fifth gym.

-----------------------------------------------------

You get Torchure the Cyndaquil. It must only know fire type moves ASAP.
Solo Bugsy to evolve into Quilava and 2 Rocket Executives at the Radio Tower to evolve into Typhlosion.

------------------------------------------------------------

You get Shd the Psyduck. It may only use HMs in battle. It must solo one Gym Leader of your choice to evolve.
Additionally, as a Golduck it must solo Bruno.

-----------------------------------------------------------

You get Positate the Geodude. In its NFE form, it absolutely sucks,
so it cannot use any move over base 50 power. However, once it survives an attack from Jasmine's Steelix,
it feels so much more confident and can evolve. Now, it can use any move of up to 75 BP.
It must solo Pryce to evolve into Golem. Once it is fully evolved, it can use any move.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Your Scramblocke team right now is pretty balanced typewise.
We need to fix that, so you get Redundancy the male Togepi.
He may only learn a move if one of your other Pokemon already knows it.
When he evolves into Togetic after soloing a Pokemon owned by a Gym Leader,
rename him New Fred. He may now know one move of your choice,
but his other three moves must be either Psychic- or Flying-typed moves Noctowl can learn since he's the new Fred.
After soloing another two Gym Leader-owned Pokemon, you may evolve him into Fred 2.0 the Togekiss.
He may now replace one of his Psychic or Flying moves with a move of any other type. He must solo another three Gym Leader-owned Pokemon or
you cannot use him against the Elite Four.

-------------------------------------------------------

You get Confused! the Scyther, who is thoroughly confused about his ability. If his ability is Swarm, he must kill 10 Scythers after weakening them to 1 HP with False Swipe, as well as solo a rematch with Bugsy. If his ability is Technician, he must kill 20 of Magnemite or Magneton, and solo Misty. May not hold an item until the Elite Four.

----------------------------------------------------------

Wish me luck!

@SGV:

Take a Volbeat, name it Clyde.

As part of the famous bankrobbers duo it must learn to use Thief ASAP! Use Thief to steal 15 items and you may replace it with something better. Also, he must never use Normal moves to attack. If he manages to solo one of Watson's pokemon, he may learn any Electrical attack by TM. If he manages to solo two of Winona's pokemon he may learn Aerial Ace. If he manages to solo three of Wallace's pokemon he may learn any Water-type move and Shadow Ball.

To further honour the duo, it must be in every double battle you encounter after passing through Mauville. Because I don't want to be greedy i'll spare you the Illumise, but Clyde will have to make up for the lack of Bonnie. He must know and use Double Team in every double battle, until he learns Helping Hand. You must replace Double Team with Helping Hand and always use it once in every double battle.

Solo Lisa and Tate with the aid of one additional 'mon.

Have Fun!

Recap:
- Capture a Volbeat before the electric gym and learn it Thief on the spot.
- Never learn/use Normal-type attacks (status is ok)
- "Solo" any double battle and use Double Team/Helping Hand at least once.
- Steal 15 items to replace Thief.
- To learn TM's you must solo 1 pokemon of Wattson (Electric), 2 of Wynona (Flying), or 3 from Wallace (Water/Ghost attacks).

EDIT: You might want to get Thunderbolt to defeat Winona's Pelliper/Swellow: Adding a loophole for Wattson: You're allowed to beat his Voltorb or Magnemite with Clyde (thus completing the condition) and lose the match so you can still solo him with TreeNinja. Aslong as Grovile is absent from the team, it won't be a solo attempt.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Also, since my Nuzlocke failed...

I am going to be doing a FIRE RED SCRAMBLE.

Make the restriction suit the Pokemon. For example, if you give me a Caterpie, the Butterfree must have low restrictions, but something like Rhydon (oh please no [well, if you must...]) should have harsh ones. Also, no Flapper the Zubat.

I need all necessary HM moves. I can trade to evolve or get certain TMs, but try to avoid that if necessary.

Current Pokemon:
1. Mr. Mime - Must know Focus Punch (JonathanRP - I know him IRL so that's how I got it)
2. Rhyhorn, named RNG. Every time RNG tries to attack, flip a coin: if heads use an attacking move, if tails use a status move. It may evolve only if it solos 7 trainers. (yaya0)
3. Farfetch'd - Can only use TMs and HMs (Newby n00b)
4. Venonat. No restrictions until it evolves. When it does so, it thinks that it evolved into a Butterfree, so it may only learn moves that Butterfree can learn. It may not fight against anything that Butterfree has a weakness to. Solo your rival at least once(except for your weaknesses). (TalkingLion)
5. Trollbird the Pidgey, who can only learn/use moves that are also learnt by Taillow, Starly and Pidove. It must evolve at LV 22 and 44, and cannot learn Return, Frustration, Toxic, Hidden Power, Attract, Rest and Facade. (TM13IceBeam)
6. Mankey. (Tweedy)
Catch a Mankey. A male one, actually.
Look at your time. What Hour is it? is it morning or night?
name your mankey the time of capture. Similar to that of a hospitals time of death.
If your mankey was caught between the hours of 3:30 AM your time and 3:45 AM, your mankey passed peacefully, with no restrictions.
If your mankey was caught between the hours of 3:45 AM and 8 AM, Your mankey got a rude awakening with the Avian Flu, and must solo all Birds and things that levitate. This includes Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.
If your mankey was caught between the hours 8 Am and 12PM, Your mankey was Poisoned by the Russian Mob! Mankey must Remain poisoned at all times. Should he be alleviated of its condition, you must go and get him poisoned again. Because thats how the mob works! when you fail, try, try again.
If your Mankey was caught between the Hours of 12PM and 1PM, your mankey was about to eat! poor guy, now his belly will never be full. Your Mankey must never have full health. should he be alleviated of his condition, you must get him injured. Because being hungry never puts you at your top.
If your Mankey was caught between the Hours of 1Pm and 5Pm, your mankey Is tired! he just wanted to Rest. Your mankey must always have a rest talk Moveset.
If your mankey was caught between the Hours of 5Pm and 9Pm, he really wanted to go home to his wife and kids. You must catch a Female Mankey, named Bertha, and when you go to 4Island, you must abandon him with his wife at the Day care until you beat the elite 4 a second time.
If your mankey was caught between 9Pm and 3:30AM, your mankey will be too tired to preform his ninja tricks! oh No! Your mankey must never know a level up move, and if it does, you must delete is asap.
And that's six. I'll trade my starter for the Mr. Mime from LeafGreen (there is no way I'm backtracking for something at such a low level). Twins, I rejected yours because there is NO WAY I'm taking an 85% chance of leeching team experience. The restriction does not suit the Pokemon.

reserved starter for SGV

The challenge:

Congratulations! You get Fearful the male Torchic as your starter!

Fearful is afraid of the power it will gain in Gen V with Speed Boost, and is afraid of evolving into Blaziken. It volunteers to come on a journey with you to come to terms with its power.

Until meeting Wally for the first time, Fearful is so afraid of everything that it cannot battle any wild pokemon. After meeting Wally and helping him to catch a Ralts, Fearful comes to understand that wild Pokemon are not so different from others, and will battle them to help better both himself and others.

Fearful comes to Rustboro, hearing of a gym leader specializing in the Rock type. After battling through the gym trainers with the rest of the team, Fearful, still afraid of the power that comes from evolution, tries to solo Roxanne as a Torchic. He may fail many times, and may eventually evolve in frustration. If he evolves, he must immediately solo Roxanne using Double Kick. Shocked by the ease with which he destroyed the gym leader, Fearful resolves to never evolve again, and may only use one of his two STABs for the rest of the game. At least two moves must be of the chosen STAB type. Ignore all the forthcoming restrictions, and know that I wasted an hour of my life writing them.

If Fearful does manage to solo Roxanne as a Torchic, he continues on to Dewford with the rest of your team. After fighting through Dewford gym, he comes face to face with Brawly, and cowers, still afraid of the fighting type. Fearful may not participate in the battle against Brawly. If the rest of your team defeats Brawly on their first try, Fearful accepts that the fighting type alone is not powerful, and chooses to evolve to Combusken. If it takes more than one try to defeat Brawly, Fearful decides to remain a Torchic for now in fear of the fighting type’s power.

After passing through Mauville and Fallarbor without event, Fearful encounters Flannery in Lavaridge. If he is still a Torchic, he attempts to solo Flannery using only Fire-type moves, in an attempt to show the purity of being a single-typed fire pokemon. If he fails in the first attempt, he evolves to Combusken in his rage. As a Combusken, Fearful must solo Flannery without using a single Fire-type move, to show the power of having a secondary type.

Fearful now returns with your team to Petalburg, where you must fight your way through the entire gym. Before the battle with Norman, Fearful, if still a Torchic, is overcome by a mysterious force, and evolves into Combusken. If Fearful has just evolved now, he must solo Norman. If not, Norman may be battled normally.

After crossing the waterway East of Mauville with Surf, Fearful becomes aware of his vulnerable position. Having two types gives him more possible weaknesses! Knowing of the fighting type’s weakness to flying, Fearful may not participate in any battles again until after Winona is defeated.

After observing the battle with Winona, Fearful discovers that he has let the rest of the team down. He begins to become more confident in his power, and solos your rival in Lilycove, as well as the Team Aqua members on Mt. Pyre. After you are given the Blue Orb, Fearful takes it into his keeping, and cannot hold an item again until after the battle with Kyogre.

Pursuing Team Aqua back to Slateport, Fearful arrives too late to stop the theft of the submarine, and vows to destroy Team Aqua. Take the opportunity in Slateport to rename Fearful to Fearless.

In the Team Aqua hideout, Fearless must solo Aqua Admin Courtney in an attempt to take back the submarine, but to no avail. Fearless jumps into the water after the submarine, and is severely injured in the chase. Eventually, he is forced to give it up. Because of his injuries, he cannot be in your party again until you reach Mossdeep.

Despite having a type disadvantage to the gym leaders in Mossdeep, Fearless is one of your lead pokemon in the gym battle, and must have at least one KO against the leaders. After gaining the ability for the team to use Dive, Fearless surges on, directing the team to the Seafloor Cavern, where Kyogre is awakened.

After arriving in Sootopolis, the rest of your party members are too afraid to enter the Cave of Origin, and Fearless must be your only companion into the cave. He enters the bottom floor carrying the Blue Orb, and uses its power to calm Kyogre, either defeating it, or weakening it for capture.

After this heroic feat, Fearless immediately (read: with a Rare Candy if necessary) evolves into Blaziken, only to discover that he doesn’t have Speed Boost after all. Before the team challenges Wallace, Fearless returns the Blue Orb to the top of Mt. Pyre where it belongs. Fearless has now completed the journey that he set out to complete, and is now dedicated entirely to helping you complete your own. Solo at least one pokemon from each Elite Four member that another party member does not have to solo, but you may not solo any member outright. When reaching the Champion’s room, Fearless must be your lead, so he will be first in your party in the Hall of Fame.

Read the challenge, it’s a good story if I do say so myself.

Here’s a summary that’s almost as long:
-Male Torchic, NN Fearless
-No wild battles until Petalburg
-Solo Roxanne as a Torchic
-If you fail enough that you want to give up entirely, evolve to
Combusken, and use only one STAB for the rest of the game.
-If you evolve, solo Roxanne with Double Kick.
-At least two moves must be of this STAB
-May never evolve to a Blaziken.
-Ignore all forthcoming restrictions

-May not be used against Brawly
-If Brawly is defeated first try, evolve to Combusken
-Solo Flannery
-If a Torchic, use only fire-type moves
-If this solo fails, evolve to Combusken, solo without a fire-type move
-If already Combusken, solo without a fire-type move

-If not a Combusken by Norman, evolve after all gym trainers are defeated, but before battling Norman. If you have just evolved now, solo Norman.
-After crossing the water East of Mauville, may not battle again until after Winona.
-Solo rival in Lilycove
-Solo Team Aqua on Mt. Pyre
-May not hold any item after Mt. Pyre
-Rename to Fearless while in Slateport
-Solo the Admin in the Aqua hideout
-May not use again until Mossdeep
-Lead against Tate&Liza
-KO one of Tate&Liza’s Pokemon.
-Must be the only Pokemon you take into the Cave of Origin
-Must evolve into Blaziken immediately after the Kyogre battle
-Must return the Blue Orb to Mt. Pyre immediately
-May hold items again
-Must solo at least one Pokemon from each E4 member not spoken for
-May not solo all pokemon from any member
-Must lead against Steven.
Sorry, this one's way too hard, I'm not gonna grind my torchic to level 30 just to beat the first gym leader.
So far I have Fungist the Shroomish, BITE ME the poocheyena, S.W.iO. the carvanha, and Clyde the Volbeat. Need 2 more inclluding the starter.

SGV, you get Tree Ninja the Treecko. As ninjas are known for being fast, Treecko (and evolutions) must never fight against some thing with a higher base speed. Its ninja moveset must also always consist of at least two of the following: Quick Attack, Agility, Fury Cutter, Leaf Blade, Aerial Ace. Solo Wattson on first try to have the potential to evolve into Sceptile. (No restrictions on Grovyle evolution)

@SGV You get Cotton the Swablu. Cotton wants to be an offensive Swablu so it must have at least 3 attacking moves. As an Altaria, it must solo 3 of Winona's Pokemon and 2 of Liza and Tate's Pokemon. Final Moveset must be:
Dragon Claw
Fly/Aerial Ace
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Your Choice

EDIT: Yes just get the KO for the Pokemon.

@SGV You get Cotton the Swablu. Cotton wants to be an offensive Swablu so it must have at least 3 attacking moves. As an Altaria, it must solo 3 of Winona's Pokemon and 2 of Liza and Tate's Pokemon. Final Moveset must be:
Dragon Claw
Fly/Aerial Ace
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Your Choice
Do you just mean get the ko on both pokemon for Liza and Tate? Cause you have to enter the battle with at least two pokemon.

Just finished my Ruby scramble, so I'm raring to go for a runthrough of LeafGreen.

No trading, cheating, or hacking. In preparation for my SPL 4 entry, I'd like challenges of a masochistic difficulty. There are only a few rules:

1. No glaring type weaknesses, because I'm not going to fight Lt. Surge with a Pidgey and a Tentacool.
2. No more then two pokemon of any type, including dual types. This is because more then two pokemon that share a common type makes it difficult for posters to follow rule #1, and because I'm sick of all my scramble teams having 2 or 3 Normal types in them.
3. If your post violates rules 1 or 2, I will reserve a slot for you for 24 hours after my telling you that your challange was rejected.
4. I reserve the right to reject challanges at any time, for any reason.
5. At least 1 pokemon by Brock (can be a starter), 2 by Misty(Nugget Bridge area allowed), 3 by Surge, and then the rest by Cinnabar.

I'm also (one post FTW!) accepting entries for a Ruby Solo Scramble. All entries must be for evolutionary lines obtainable before fighting Roxanne. I'll accept challanges until noon on Saturday the 13th, when I will set up all challanges in a March Madness style bracket and use best out of three coin flips to determine the runner. As usual, no trading, I reserve the right to reject challanges, and creative challanges are preferred but not required.

For LeafGreen, Take an Eevee. Name it Dr. Volts and immediately evolve it into Jolteon. It may not learn Shock Wave. Solo Sabrina in order to teach it Thunderbolt. Solo Blaine in order to teach it Thunder. It may only solo one of those 2, so choose wisely.

For Ruby, take a Lotad. This Lotad is confused about whether or not its a grass or water type, so it may only know moves from one of those types.(It can still know other typed moves.) May evolve once after Brawley, and again after Norman.

@shiny skarmory
take a pikachu. find one that holds a light ball. it must use an electric attack against all ground types before attacking because he doesnt understand the type effectiveness. name is pikapee.

EDIT: it cannot evolve.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
shinyskarmory, take Blitz the Rattata. It must be the first Pokemon you catch and the first Pokemon sent out in any notable battle that another Pokemon doesn't have to solo. It can only fight if it is faster than its opponent, and its final moveset must consist of Thunder Wave, Scary Face, Quick Attack, and a neutral-priority move of your choosing. Blitz also likes to get things done fast. If it cannot defeat a Pokemon in three hits (status moves are obviously exempt from this), it must switch out. It must solo ten Trainers in a row without healing before it can evolve into Raticate, and if it faints you must start the count over again.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So my team for the LeafGreen Scramble I took yesterday is Bulbasaur, Tentacool, Magnemite, Snorlax and Diglett, with the Chansey challenge being rejected.

As such I need one more LeafGreen challenge.

In recent news in the Hardest Scramble Challenge EVER, the Elite Four was challenged and defeated with all reqs fulfilled.

Gatorade soloed Koga and Will, Bruno went down without issue, Karen was soloed by Pidgeooto thanks to the set up fodder named Umbreon and Magikarp finished Gyarados and two Dragonites evolving after the battle.

Phase 1 complete.

@texas

please take a caterpie. it must be named Buttercorn. it must solo 30 other worm pokemons in order to evolve. once it becomes a metapod, it must solo 30 other cocoon pokemons to evolve. once it becomes a butterfree, you must solo 30 bug pokemon to learn new moves.

Skarmory, as I don't have time to think up something take this for Leafgreen. wil edit it later for Ruby. OK?!?!

Texas you can have a Tentacool called inb45. As this thinks that it is gen 5 it starts to speculate about the ability it will get from DW.

For the first 10 levels after you catch it it thinks that it will have Pickup, so during this period it may not hold any items.

For the next 10 levels after that it thinks it will have Adaptability. Because of this it may only use STAB moves for these levels

You may now evolve it.

As a Tentacruel it thinks that it will have the Heat Rampage ability and therefore may only use special attacks >80 BP while burned.

GL HF

@shinyskarmory: Take Vulpix. It must solo your rival's Pidgeot and Grass-type in the battle outside of Victory Road (the one to enter the Indigo Plateau) in order to evolve into Ninetails. It must always know Confuse Ray, and use it against all Fire-types it meets in battle. It must cause at least one Fire-type Pokemon to faint through hitting itself in confusion befroe you can challenge Blaine.

So far for LeafGreen (my god this was fast) I have:

Take an Eevee. Name it Dr. Volts and immediately evolve it into Jolteon. It may not learn Shock Wave. Solo Sabrina in order to teach it Thunderbolt. Solo Blaine in order to teach it Thunder. It may only solo one of those 2, so choose wisely. (TalkingLion)
Plan: Solo Sabrina, b/c Pin Missile. Also, T-bolt abuse to beat the living hell out of Lorelei.

You get a Nidoran male. He may only learn a new move every 10 levels. (Rackham) (Before Misty) (before Surge)
Plan: Abuse Double Kick, Horn Attack, and whatever TMs I can come up with.

take a pikachu. find one that holds a light ball. it must use an electric attack against all ground types before attacking because he doesnt understand the type effectiveness. name is pikapee. cannot evolve. (bluemon) (before brock) (before misty) (before surge)
Plan: Don't use against ground types, grind like FUCK to find one in the first place, grind like FUCK some more to find one with light ball.

shinyskarmory, take Blitz the Rattata. It must be the first Pokemon you catch and the first Pokemon sent out in any notable battle that another Pokemon doesn't have to solo. It can only fight if it is faster than its opponent, and its final moveset must consist of Thunder Wave, Scary Face, Quick Attack, and a neutral-priority move of your choosing. Blitz also likes to get things done fast. If it cannot defeat a Pokemon in three hits (status moves are obviously exempt from this), it must switch out. It must solo ten Trainers in a row without healing before it can evolve into Raticate, and if it faints you must start the count over again. (arctic blast)(before Brock)(Before Misty) (before Surge)
Plan: Grind like FUCK to get faster than my opponents. Use VS. Seeker in some early game area with weak trainers to evolve.

Texas you can have a Tentacool called inb45. As this thinks that it is gen 5 it starts to speculate about the ability it will get from DW.
For the first 10 levels after you catch it it thinks that it will have Pickup, so during this period it may not hold any items.
For the next 10 levels after that it thinks it will have Adaptability. Because of this it may only use STAB moves for these levels
You may now evolve it.
As a Tentacruel it thinks that it will have the Heat Rampage ability and therefore may only use special attacks >80 BP while burned.
GL HF (pimpgangster)
Plan: Use like a normal Tentacruel. Stall like fuck.

Take Vulpix. It must solo your rival's Pidgeot and Grass-type in the battle outside of Victory Road (the one to enter the Indigo Plateau) in order to evolve into Ninetails. It must always know Confuse Ray, and use it against all Fire-types it meets in battle. It must cause at least one Fire-type Pokemon to faint through hitting itself in confusion befroe you can challenge Blaine. (hoblaph)
Plan: Mash the A button on my DS until something faints from confuse ray. Start with Squirtle, unless I receive another starter.

For the Ruby solo:
For Ruby, take a Lotad. This Lotad is confused about whether or not its a grass or water type, so it may only know moves from one of those types.(It can still know other typed moves.) May evolve once after Brawley, and again after Norman. (TalkingLion)
Plan if chosen: Rain Dance +Water Type Moves abuse.

You get Decision the Shroomish. If it decides not to evolve, it cannot have items used on it. It can only be evolved after a gym leader battle. When it is evolved, it cannot use status moves. Either way, it cannot flee from two consecutive wild Pokémon battles. (Newby N00B)
Plan if chosen: Evolve ASAP. Teach it a fricking ton of coverage moves.

SHinyskarmory. For Ruby you can have this Tentacool called inb45. As this thinks that it is gen 5 it starts to speculate about the ability it will get from DW. Obviously catch it in Dewford town. If you solo a Gym on the first try ignore the restriction for that gym for the rest of the run, if not it stays.

Before you beat Brawly it thinks that it will have Pickup, so during this period it may not hold any items.
Watson: it thinks it will have Adaptability. Because of this it may only use STAB moves for these levels
Flannery: it thinks it will have No Guard. Because of this it may only use <100% accurate moves during this time
Norman: it thinks it will have Tinted Lens. Because of this it must solo 10 pokemon with a move that that pokemon resists

You may now evolve it.

Winona: it thinks it will have Serene Grace. Because of this it may only use moves that have a secondary effect.
Tate & Liza: it thinks it will have Truant. Because of this it must use a status move or an item every other turn
Wallace: it thinks it will have Speed Boost. Because of this it must Protect at the start of a battle and you must use a X-speed on it when it KOes a Pokemon
GL HF (pimpgangster)
Plan if chosen: Grind like FUCK to avoid getting smacked with some of the more annoying restrictions. (Pickup, Truant, Adaptability will make this solo extremely difficult if not impossible.)

Remember, any number of people may propose a solo runner. I'll just coin flip them out.

Unfortunately I lost my Crystal, so I have to cancel my Crystal challange. But, that means I can start a Heart Gold. 6 pokemon, and I am able to trade. Please make it difficult :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)