Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dummy, you're going to get my most hated challenge ever. You must catch a Magikarp as early as possible, and throw it in the daycare as early as possible. You cannot withdraw it from the daycare center until just before you fight Rayquaza. Against Rayquaza, Magikarp must lead. If it survives a single damaging attack, or successfully Tackle Rayquaza three times, you may replace Magikarp with any Pokemon you wish. If Magikarp faints before you accomplish this, you must evolve Magikarp into a Gyarados that can only learn Flail, Protect, Hidden Power, and Frustration.
Wonderful, Sprocket. Way to be nice to the guy who saved the thread. You don't even have to fight Rayquaza.

Dummy007, take a Cacnea for Emerald. It can't evolve until it learns Needle Arm (level 37), and can't learn any more level up moves after it evolves. Sometime before you fight Juan, you must teach Cacturne Toxic via TM06, and it must use Toxic on Juan's Kingdra. If Kingdra is killed by an attack instead of being killed by the poison, you can't heal Cacturne at all during the Pokémon League.

For Colosseum, take a Murkrow. After it is purified, you can't change its moveset at all.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well seeing as my Platinum run died off pretty fast lets imitate Dummy007
Two challenges to begin!
- One for Emerald, one for HeartGold
- No Bugs, Grass, terrible mons
- No insane challenges, I want a break after FireRed
- No evolution restrictions. Requirements are still okay.

Get a Taillow. It may know any moves you wish, except two of those moves must be Rest and Sleep Talk as soon as you get the TMs. You can never forget these moves. To evolve into Swellow, you must KO 5 pokemon with Sleep Talk after using Rest to cure a status condition. After evolving into Swellow, you must always use Rest if put under a status condition, the only other option being to switch out or run (From a wild battle).

Edit: For Texas Cloverheat's Emerald challenge.

He's in Fortree.

Edit: @Dummy: I suggest switching out the Magikarp once the battle starts, set up reflect/light screen if possible, and hope for the best. Or use an X Defend or something along those lines. Good luck; at least you don't have to restart your game if he feints.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two challenges to begin!
Emerald Challenge
Get a Taillow. It may know any moves you wish, except two of those moves must be Rest and Sleep Talk as soon as you get the TMs. You can never forget these moves. To evolve into Swellow, you must KO 5 pokemon with Sleep Talk after using Rest to cure a status condition. After evolving into Swellow, you must always use Rest if put under a status condition, the only other option being to switch out or run (From a wild battle).

HeartGold Challenge
-none :(

Texas Cloverleaf, take a Seviper for Emerald. It is required to learn Glare when it tries to learn it (level 25), and it can never forget Glare. During the Pokémon League, it must paralyze at least 3 Pokémon in total with Glare.

For HeartGold, take advantage of version exclusives and use a Mantine. It must always keep Headbutt.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I was in the middle of giving you a Scramble :P!

Take a Wingull in Emerald. It must evolve before Route 120, and learn no moves after evolving.

Take an Eevee. Congratulations! Eeveelutions are really good in battle! Evolve it into...

Flareon. :P.

The sum of the Added Effect Percentages of its attacks must never exceed 35, and must not have any X items or Status Restoring items on it.

I'mma make a challenge for your Heartgold challenge, too.

Take Chikorita. If it is female, you can not teach it any TMs or HMs. If it is male, you can only teach it moves that deal direct damage. To evolve into Bayleef, you must solo Falkner. You can only evolve into Meganium 20 levels after you solo Bugsy. If you do not solo Bugsy and Falkner with this pokemon, you cannot evolve into Meganium.

Edit: This is for you, Texas Cloverleaf. JUST FOR YOU.

Texas Cloverleaf

Two challenges to begin!
Emerald Challenge
Texas Cloverleaf, take a Seviper for Emerald. It is required to learn Glare when it tries to learn it (level 25), and it can never forget Glare. During the Pokémon League, it must paralyze at least 3 Pokémon in total with Glare.
@Texas Cloverleaf, for Emerald, take a Spheal named AttackRein. It can only use attacking moves. Also, I hate StallRein :P
For Emerald, your starter is Mudkip. Same dealio, it must solo your rival's Treecko (and evolutions) every time you fight him, without ever using a Super Effective move. Name it Silly Hats.
Damn, Cycling Road battle is going to be hell.

I was in the middle of giving you a Scramble :P!
Take a Wingull in Emerald. It must evolve before Route 120, and learn no moves after evolving.
HeartGold Challenge
For HeartGold, take advantage of version exclusives and use a Mantine. It must always keep Headbutt.
For Heartgold, take a Misdreavus named Muma. It gets one level up move, one TM, one Egg move, and one move of your choice.
@ Texas, for Heartgold take Totodile as your starter. It must solo your rival's Chikorita (and evolutions) every time you fight him, without ever using a Super Effective move. Nickname it Chompers.
Take chinchou named volt that can have no stabs used in battle and must know blizzard
I get lots of Water types!
Take an Eevee. Congratulations! Eeveelutions are really good in battle! Evolve it into...
Flareon. :P.
The sum of the Added Effect Percentages of its attacks must never exceed 35, and must not have any X items or Status Restoring items on it.
Flareon is awesome!

One more each!

Extra Challenge taken for creativity.
Texas, here's an additional challenge.

In both games, your in-game character must be the opposite of your real-life gender.

If your in-game gender is Male, you are a Pokemaniac and you must spend all of your money on Pokeballs (until you have 99 of each type of Pokeball you can buy) every time you return to a town. You must also attempt to catch every new Pokemon species that you encounter (except Legendaries, you can save those for later if needed).

If your in-game gender is Female, you are Nurse Joy and must name your character Joy. You must spend all of your money on Potions, Antidotes, etc., until you run out of money, every time you return to a town. After every battle you must heal your Pokemon to full health using these Potions, regardless of how little or how much HP your Pokemon have. You cannot travel to a Pokemon center before using your Potions!
I get to wear a mini-skirt :O
Meaning Nurse Joy.

Wow that's a lot of challenges.

@Dummy007, you're getting some tough ones for Colosseum. Take an Umbreon named Annoyer, it cannot learn any attacking moves, and must replace Bite and Secret Power with non-attacking moves as soon as possible.

@Texas Cloverleaf, for Emerald, take a Spheal named AttackRein. It can only use attacking moves. Also, I hate StallRein :P

For Heartgold, take a Misdreavus named Muma. It gets one level up move, one TM, one Egg move, and one move of your choice.

And guys, be careful posting. Only 4 more posts after mine on this page, then wait so Zdrup can post the awards.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@ Texas, for Heartgold take Totodile as your starter. It must solo your rival's Chikorita (and evolutions) every time you fight him, without ever using a Super Effective move against it. Nickname it Chompers.

For Emerald, your starter is Mudkip. Same dealio, it must solo your rival's Treecko (and evolutions) every time you fight him, without ever using a Super Effective move against it. Name it Silly Hats.

@ Dummy, I thought you had to fight Rayquaza to advance the story? I must have forgotten the plot to the game or something. In that case, change Rayquaza to Gym Leader Winona and her Altaria. Same conditions (although it doesn't have to lead).

I'mma make a challenge for your Heartgold challenge, too.

Take Chikorita. If it is female, you can not teach it any TMs or HMs. If it is male, you can only teach it moves that deal direct damage. To evolve into Bayleef, you must solo Falkner. You can only evolve into Meganium 20 levels after you solo Bugsy. If you do not solo Bugsy and Falkner with this pokemon, you cannot evolve into Meganium.

Edit: This is for you, Texas Cloverleaf. JUST FOR YOU.
If you don't want to take the challenge, at least say so. <_<

@Texas: It's all good. That's what I had assumed. x3

beat Roark

Team is
Piplup(male)
level14
brave
torrent
pound
bubble
growl
water sport

bibarel(female)
level 15
relaxed
simple
tackle
water gun
growl
rollout

abra(male)
level 15
jolly
inner focus
teleport

piplup beat roark's onix and geodude
while bibarel beat cranidos

Texas Cloverleaf

Whoops, I did not even see the challenge. my apologies BBB. You posted while I was creating my massive post so I accidentally skimmed over it.

Okay, you know what? I'm gonna jump on the "Scramblocke Challenge." For those of you who don't know what a Scramblocke Challenge is, it combines a Scramble Challenge and a Nuzlocke Challenge. Like in a Scramble Challenge, other people tell you what Pokémon to use. And like in a Nuzlocke Challenge, any Pokémon that faints is considered dead and can't be used ever again. In a Scramblocke Challenge, you are assigned 12 Pokémon instead of 6, so that you'll have backup in case your entire team dies.

So, I'm gonna do a Scramblocke on Pearl. I'll take whatever you wanna throw at me. Evolution restrictions, move restrictions, etc. The only thing I won't accept is Pokémon that aren't in the Sinnoh Dex. So, bring it on!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Texas, here's an additional challenge.

In both games, your in-game character must be the opposite of your real-life gender.

If your in-game gender is Male, you are a Pokemaniac and you must spend all of your money on Pokeballs (until you have 99 of each type of Pokeball you can buy) every time you return to a town. You must also attempt to catch every new Pokemon species that you encounter (except Legendaries, you can save those for later if needed).

If your in-game gender is Female, you are Nurse Joy and must name your character Joy. You must spend all of your money on Potions, Antidotes, etc., until you run out of money, every time you return to a town. After every battle you must heal your Pokemon to full health using these Potions, regardless of how little or how much HP your Pokemon have. You cannot travel to a Pokemon center before using your Potions!

Texas Cloverleaf

Senfroz: Take a Magikarp (;D) that must know Flail to evolve. It's final moveset must be Flail, Dragon Dance, Substitute, Waterfall.

Good Luck.

@Sprocket; Actually I meant additional Pokemon challenges but that looks extremely creative and I will definately use that in my runs (I get to wear a mini-skirt :O)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Senfroz, take a male Starly. It is a very angry male Starly who can't find a mate (because you captured it!), so whenever you fight a trainer that uses a Male Bird Pokemon, it must solo that Bird.

List of Bird Pokemon evolution families for this challenge: Pidgey, Spearow, Hoothoot, Natu, Delibird, Skarmory, Doduo, Farfetch'd, Murkrow, Taillow, Chatot, Wingull, Swablu (not Altaria), Piplup, Starly, Togekiss (not Togepi or Togetic).

*edited for the fact that I'm a dumbass at reading*

Guys, Luvdisc and Spearow aren't in the Sinnoh Dex... -_- It was his only condition, haha.

Senfroz, you get a Clefairy that must kill itself via Metronome to evolve. (That is, by Metronome choosing Selfdestruct, Explosion, Memento, Healing Wish or Lunar Dance. Recoil damage doesn't count.) Obviously you'd suspend the Nuzlocke part of your run for that instance. If you think that's outside of the boundaries for your challenge, then the Clefairy must always keep Sing and Wake-Up Slap.

In either case, Clefairy must always know either Growl, Defense Curl, Minimize or Lucky Chant and cannot learn any new moves after evolving into Clefable.

Scramble Awards II

Finally the day has arrived! The day of glory, the day of recognition, the day of:

The Scramble Awards II

There were lots of people voting, both veterans and rookies and I think this was a pretty fierce competition with many Awards being decided for only one vote.
This is how I will do this. I will write both the winner (and the votes he/she got) and the runner-up(s) (when they have the same votes).

Ok, this is the moment you've been waiting for, the Awards:

1) Best Scramble Challenger:

Winner:

Sprocket with 3 votes

Runner-up:

DetroitLolcat
THreadshot A1 (sorry again but hey, someone wrote with "h" so I'm just writing the vote)
zdrup15

2) Most Impossible Challenge:

Winners (yes, they all have the same votes):

Treadshot A1
auramaster
Paradox808 (the Politoed Hunter one)

all with 2 votes

Runner-up:

Raikaria

3) Toughest Scramble Team:

Winner:

Eraddd (plus this final member) with 5 votes

Runner-up:

trogdor1313

4) Lamest Challenge:

Winner:

Hydrattler with 3 votes

Runner-up:

DetroitLolcat

5) Most Creative Challenge:

Winner:

doomvendingmachine with 5 votes

Runner-up:

Texas Cloverleaf (the bottom of the post)

Ok guys, we're at the end of our "ceremony" and I only have a few things to say.
First one, I want to congratulate all the winners and runner-ups. On a personnal note, congratulations Hydrattler for receiving the best Award xD. I also wanna congratulate Paradox808 for his solo run with the Hustle Togepi.
Finally, thanks to all the people who voted and we'll repeat on the page 150!
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)