Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senfroz, take a Budew. If it is not in your first 6 pokemon (i.e. is one of the backups), it must be #7, and must remain as a Roselia, with no grass type moves to be used in battle.

If it is in your starting 6, then name it Iblis. If/when it dies, it must be replaced by the Riolu you get from Riley, named Trigger. The Budew has no limits, but Trigger is a Riolu for life, and cannot fight wild pokemon. Trigger may only participate in battles that can only be done once, so that means no grinding for you!

Senfroz, take a Pichu nicknamed Weatherbug. It may not learn any Electric type attacks, but it may evolve into Pikachu and Raichu. Neither that Pikachu nor Raichu may learn any Electric type moves, unless it solos all of Byron's Pokemon. It must have Rain Dance as soon as possible, and must use it each time weather other than clear skies occurs at the beginning of the battle (i.e. when it's Sunny, Foggy, Hailing or Sandstorm). It cannot learn Thunder.

"It was all a dream, I used to read The Smog Magazine..."

First of all, I would like to thank my family, my mom, she's always been there for me, my friends, my screen writers, and the whole production family. Oh and God. Or arecus. Also a special shout out to game freak for making games so lacking in difficulty that the fans have to impose rules on themselves to make them hard. Without you this wouldn't have been possible. Wow... this is... a rush. I can't believe it really happening. Just a couple months ago I was a struggling young poster looking for someone to discover my potential. Then I saw the scramble forums; I knew that it was my big break. I stayed up day and night reharsing and refining my challenges, each of them getting progressivley better. Then, in I guess it was in a dream it hit me. There are the same amount of pokemon as moves in gen 2; could there be a challenge that uses that fact? The rest, as they say, is history. And with that, I humbly accept this year's award for most creative scramble. Thank you. Thank everybody. God/arceus bless you all.

I think I will take this chanellge in colosseum.
My only rules are:
1. You can't prevent me form snaging all the pokemon
2. You can't require me to bring pokemon into the game.

@DDRMaster: You must get a Roselia before Wattson, and beat Wattson using it in any way, even if it faints. No more since Roselia sucks anyways...
@raquazamaster776: You must catch a seedot. It may not evolve until finsihed Brawly. It can only evolve into Shiftry after you catch all your pokemon.
@Bad Ass: You must get a Finneon before arriving at solaceon. It may not evolve until it learns Waterfall, and must keep it until you go through the victory road.
@iamnotiangibson: You must get a Koffing and not evolve or let it learn sludge bomb until you beat Winona
@Cipher Admin Lovrina: You must get Pidgey and not evolve it until it is level 30. You can only learn gust as your Flying move until you beat Jasmine.

Senfroz, catch a Poliwag. To evolve to Poliwhirl, it must know Water Sport. To evolve to Poliwrath, it must know Fling, Water Sport, and Dig. It must learn its last move as Poliwrath, by using a Heart Scale.

Groshi, who are you talking to? None of those people are taking Pokémon right now

Senfroz, you can take a Whiscash. If it lives to the point where it can learn Fissure, anytime it is in red health, it may only use Fissure. Otherwise, if its attack is its higher attacking stat, it may only use physical moves. If its special attack is higher, it may only use special moves (with the exception of Fissure).

@Senfroz
Bring a Bonsly (name it Dexington). It may evolve into Sudowoodo if it is the ONLY pokemon you use when going through the snowing routes on your first trip to Snowpoint.

Uh, guys, drewski needs some Pokemon too.

@drewski346, take the Mantine and name it Peppy Hare. If Peppy is targeted by a Ground type move, like your other Pokemon's Earthquake, you must say "Do a barrel roll!" Lol. If you don't, you must call both of your Pokemon for two turns in a row. Also, if its ability is Swift Swim, it must start every battle with Rain Dance, once you get the TM (And you must get it before the Shadow Pokemon Lab). If its ability is Water Absorb, it must be used against every Water Pokemon in the game.

drewski346: Use the Espeon you begin the game with. Whenever one of your Pokemon enters Hyper Mode, you must call to Espeon. If you do not, Espeon may not learn Psychic, morning Sun, or any TMs.

I'm going to start again on Platinum over the weekend and would like a team for it.

My conditions are:
- I can't trade things over.
- I don't want glaring weaknesses to the team :)
- I want at least three before the third gym, and all six before the sixth gym please
- No rude names please. This is a family game ;)

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
TLK take a Chatot. It may only know level-up moves (you get Roost!).

Drewski, take the Hitmontop. It must always have Agility and Pursuit.

A quick update - having Danielle (Spinarak, now Ariados) beat Whitney's Miltank was actually pretty easy - all I needed was a Reflect up from the previous battle and was eventually able to poison-stall it to death.

Managed to eventually find a Pineco in Ecruteak City, and Detonator quickly joined the team. Then made it out to Route 39 and caught Melville the Tauros, who is quickly becoming a powerhouse.

(At the moment, he's annoying the hell out of Morty's Gengar with a moveset of Rest/Horn Attack/Scary Face/Pursuit. Gengar doesn't have Curse and only has Shadow Ball and Sucker Punch as attacking moves, so I spammed Scary Face until it ran out of Sucker Punches. Now it can't harm Melville in any way, so it has to wait around and try to keep sleeping me until it dies/runs out of PP. This is quite a bit of fun.)

When I finish the Morty fight, I'll be able to use Surf and will finally be able to finish my team with the addition of Clause the Psyduck! Psyduck is only available surfing, but I've got Temp the Wooper Surf slave to cover that for the moment. (EDIT: Durr, forgot Dratini and Tauros can Surf. Guess I won't be needing that...)

(EDIT 3: Clause has Damp and a +Speed nature, so it's Shadow Claw and Screech, with no Amnesia allowed).

Current team:

Manly (Bayleef) - Lv. 26
Amelie (Dratini) - Lv. 23
Danielle (Ariados) - Lv. 22
Melville (Tauros) - Lv. 19
Detonator (Pineco) - Lv. 17

(I know Ariados is supposed to be my lowest level, but Tauros and Pineco are recent catches and I got bored grinding them up so I went to the Gym. That'll be fixed ASAP.)

EDIT: TLK, take the Eevee that is given to you and evolve it into... whatever you want! The Eeveelution may not have any STAB attack with more than 40 Base Power and must be your lead Pokemon against every member of the Elite Four.

TLK, use a Duskull. In order to evolve, it must learn Skill Swap via TM48 and use it to get the same abilities as all 3 of Saturn's Pokémon. If it faints during the first Saturn battle before it gets all 3 abilities, you can get another chance to evolve it if you successfully switch it in on a Ground-type move sometime later on in the game. If it evolves by the first condition, it can get rid of Skill Swap if you want. If it evolves by the second condition, it must always keep Skill Swap. Since you can't trade, you can only get Dusclops, not Dusknoir.

Scramble Tournament?

Guys, a while ago I was on shoddy and found doom and we battled. After that I asked what was his opinion about a "Scramble Tournament". We both thought it could be fun so I would like to know how many of you would be interested and what tier would you prefer. It would be a small thing with 16 or 32 (max) players.

The tournament's a good idea. I prefer Ubers, and how would it work?

@TLK, take a Piplup named Penguno. After beating Roark, it can only use either Physical or Special moves, but not both.

Well, single elimination and regular clauses.
First, the interested users post here saying they like the idea and say the tier they prefer.
In the end, if there are at least 8 people interested (hey, it's still a tournament!), we'd make a tournament of the most voted tier (or another format if anyone has an idea).
After this, it would all be talked by PM.

I'll join the scramble challenge, aiming for NU as the tier.

For my mono-fire Platinum challenge, I am at Crasher Wake's gym, training up to not be 1HKO'd by everything (literally). Monferno is awesome with grass knot, might I add.

TLK bring male Glameow named Hobbes. It may not evolve until it wins 4 different contests, at least one of which must not be the most basic Rank (but you don't have to go all the way to Hyper either). when it does evolve you must replace all of the moves it had in its final Contest and change his name to Chaucer.

I'm in for the tourney. NU ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)