Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Ok, after an extremely long hiatus I have returned to Pokemon and Smogon!

Unfortunately, due to some irl occurrences, and simply b/c i stopped playing for so long, my previous 2 Scrambles have been almost permanently retired. I might come back but it probably will not happen :(

Good news is that I'm starting a new one!
I'm gonna go with Omega Ruby Hard-very hard!

NOW! I want this to be hard in its uniqueness, not hard for the sake of being hard. I am not afraid to reject pokemon that force me to solo everything or grind all day. I'm looking for unique challenges!

With that out of the way, I am accepting stuff now for this new scramble!

ATTENTION! This challenge has been restarted, due to the fact that it has been on hiatus for about 2 years. Keeping old pokemon, lets try this again!
The above is a terrible joke, here's the real challenge:

Take Pacifist the Zigzagoon. Pacifist does not like to hurt other pokemon, and may never hit another pokemon with a super effective attack -- she must use resisted attacks if possible. To increase the likelihood that she can hit with a resisted attack, Pacifist must learn moves of 4 different types ASAP, and if given an option, may never learn a move that is the same type as a currently known move -- even if the currently known move would be overwritten by the new move.

If multiple moves may hit a foe for resisted damage, or no moves are resisted and multiple moves may hit for neutral damage, select the move that has the highest remaining PP and use that move. If multiple valid moves are tied for highest remaining PP, choose the move to use randomly. Pacifist believes (however incorrectly) that choosing the move to use in this fashion will reduce its responsibility for the damage it causes to other pokemon.

If Pacifist is ever put in a position where it is forced to deal SE damage to an opponent, you must buy and toss items with a value of half of your current money at the next available opportunity. Pacifist must also be immediately boxed until the next gym has been beaten.

Because Pacifist does not want to engage in battle, it may never lead your party, and may never deal damage to a wild pokemon.

Let me know if that's too easy or too hard, and I can adjust it.

pretzel987 take Bob the Torchic.

Bob's job is to fire useless Pokemon, with "useless" defined here as "not a Scramblemon."

• Learn a Fire-type attacking move ASAP. Bob must always keep at least one Fire-type attacking move.
  • When in a zone (route, cave, etc.) that has a potential Scramblemon as a wild Pokemon, Bob must solo all wild Pokemon in that zone until all the possible Scramblemons in that zone are caught.
  • Have a full team of six Scramblemons to evolve into Combusken. Solo Groudon to evolve into Blaziken.
  • If you're doing the Delta Episode, solo Rayquaza and Deoxys.
Let me know if this is too easy or too hard, and I'll change it.

Take Beyond the Surskit.
Beyond doesn't believe that attacks really deal damage based on their power or even what they actually do, and believes type effectiveness is the only thing that matters. As such, its moves must be all different types as soon as possible, and it may never have more than two attacking moves. If it would learn a move, or you gain a TM, of the same type as a move it already knows, and this would not give it too many attacking moves, you must immediately forget the move it already knows and teach it the new move.

Additionally, it must always use its move with the highest type effectiveness against any target, even if it is a non-damaging move.

To evolve into Masquerain, solo Flannery. As Masquerain, defeat Winona and Tate paired with your lowest-level Pokemon.

pretzel987 take a Groudon and solo the entire game with it DontGrindMe the *insert Pokemon here*
Why the *insert Pokemon here*? Because this will be your first Pokemon you find that is in either the Slow or Fluctuating EXP Group. The only restriction is that you must have DontGrindMe by Wattson. Why? Because it has to solo Wattson, of course!

Full list of mons available before Wattson:
Ralts
Slakoth
Tentacool
Makuhita
Aron
Magikarp (if you get this...well sorry)
Shroomish
Gulpin
Illumise
(I don't think I missed too much)

DontGrindMe doesn't like growing quickly. He believes that the EXP Share is too cheesy, so you should always have it off. He also will refuse to fight wild Pokemon or take part in trainer rematches until he evolves. (if you get Illumise, it can never fight wild Pokemon) Solo your second rival fight to evolve. DontGrindMe also doesn't believe in overleveling Gym Leaders, so it may never exceed the level of the next Gym Leader's lowest-leveled Pokemon. If it does...well reset your game or something.

Once you evolve DontGrindMe, his attitude becomes infections. You may not level any of your Pokemon above the lowest-levelled Pokemon of the next gym leader, and if you're already overleveled, you may not use said overleveled Pokemon against the gym in question.

If you got Ralts, Slakoth, or Aron, solo another GLMP (gym leader main Pokemon) to evolve a second time. If you get Ralts or Aron, solo the entire gym leader instead if you wish to use your Mega Evolution.

If you got Tentacool, Makuhita, Magikarp, Shroomish, or Gulpin, solo an entire gym minus the leader without ever healing.

If you got Illumise, it's your lucky day! Of course, you can never fight wild Pokemon with it so have fun.

Regardless of what you got, solo an E4 member.

Alrighty pretzel987, I'm gonna submit Tony the Lairon.
Tony cannot carry any items
He can only learn Steel and Normal type moves.
If you wish to give me a Pokemon for my scramble run *cough* need 4 more *cough*

pretzel987 , take Rouge the Nuzleaf!(hopefully this one is interesting rather than overly difficult)
Rouge has taken the wrong portal from the MMO he calls home, where he lives his days out as a...you guessed it, a thief.
Being a thief, he must always know things that are well... thieflike, I suppose. Learn and keep thief at all times. He must also always carry at least one other dark type move at all times.
Being a stealthy guy, he hates direct confrontation. Rouge may never lead in a battle, or directly switch in on an opponent. Rouge may only take part in a battle where at least one pokemon has fainted, is a wild pokemon(because I know dontgrindme is already a pain), or the opponent is inflicted with a crippling status of some kind.
When entering battle, lead off with a Thief attack, just in case the foe is holding something valuable. Use any other moves you feel like afterwards.
Whenever Rouge faints, he feels cheated out of what should have been an easy win. Unfortunately you have to "persuade" him to continue fighting for you. Buy and discard 5 of the most expensive ball in that area, or discard one Nugget.
In order to evolve, Rouge must prove he is worthy of the name. Steal 5 items from Trainer Pokemon(rematches are fine), or steal 20 items from Wild Pokemon(tip:use the dexnav a lot), and at least score one KO in a gym leader battle.
After becoming a master Thief(evolving) Rouge decides that he no longer HAS to be sneaky all the time. Rouge may lead the party or directly switch in on a Pokemon. While Thief must still be kept, Rouge no longer has to use it at the start of a battle he's in; merely, he has to use it at least once in battle(unless it's a wild Pokemon, then just KO it). Learn Leaf Blade and keep it. Of course, his "payments" double as he's a superior fighter now. Buy and toss 10 expensive Pokeballs or 2 Nuggets.

too easy? Then add this challenge and remove all others bar using Thief at least once in battle. Rouge is from a true Rougelike MMO, where death is permanent. If Rouge faints, box him forever and nothing may take his place.

Last edited:
pretzel987

Take Overachiever the mudkip as your starter. Overachiever wants to prove it is the best, and therefore wants to solo everything. Overachiever must solo every pokemon you encounter. As well, Overachiever wants to completely blow away every opponent, and may never enter a major battle (gym leader, rival, etc.) less than 10 levels above the opponent's highest levelled pokemon.

I hope this is hard enough :P

The above is a terrible joke, here's the real challenge:

Take Pacifist the Zigzagoon. Pacifist does not like to hurt other pokemon, and may never hit another pokemon with a super effective attack -- she must use resisted attacks if possible. To increase the likelihood that she can hit with a resisted attack, Pacifist must learn moves of 4 different types ASAP, and if given an option, may never learn a move that is the same type as a currently known move -- even if the currently known move would be overwritten by the new move.

If multiple moves may hit a foe for resisted damage, or no moves are resisted and multiple moves may hit for neutral damage, select the move that has the highest remaining PP and use that move. If multiple valid moves are tied for highest remaining PP, choose the move to use randomly. Pacifist believes (however incorrectly) that choosing the move to use in this fashion will reduce its responsibility for the damage it causes to other pokemon.

If Pacifist is ever put in a position where it is forced to deal SE damage to an opponent, you must buy and toss items with a value of half of your current money at the next available opportunity. Pacifist must also be immediately boxed until the next gym has been beaten.

Because Pacifist does not want to engage in battle, it may never lead your party, and may never deal damage to a wild pokemon.

Let me know if that's too easy or too hard, and I can adjust it.

Bob's job is to fire useless Pokemon, with "useless" defined here as "not a Scramblemon."

• Learn a Fire-type attacking move ASAP. Bob must always keep at least one Fire-type attacking move.
  • When in a zone (route, cave, etc.) that has a potential Scramblemon as a wild Pokemon, Bob must solo all wild Pokemon in that zone until all the possible Scramblemons in that zone are caught.
  • Have a full team of six Scramblemons to evolve into Combusken. Solo Groudon to evolve into Blaziken.

looks good! ACCEPTED!

There goes my idea of making a Regigigas challenge...

Reserving anyway. I'll think of something.

EDIT: acidphoenix take Banned the Froakie.

This Froakie has been banned from the Pokemon League for using performance-enhancing supplements.

• Banned may not enter any Pokemon League facility. This includes all Gyms, the Pokemon League itself, and Victory Road. Whenever you enter one of those locations, you must box Banned and keep him in the box until you finish there (defeat the Gym Leader or Champion).
  • Banned wants to defeat the person that got him banned. Solo Xerosic in Lysandre Labs.
  • However, Banned does indeed use performance-enhancing supplements. Any and all stat-boosting items (whether they be X items or Protein/Iron/etc.) and Rare Candies must be used on Banned. Use p50,000 worth of stat-boosting items to evolve into Frogadier, and another p50,000 to evolve into Greninja.
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it.

Last edited:
There goes my idea of making a Regigigas challenge...

Reserving anyway. I'll think of something.

EDIT: acidphoenix take Banned the Froakie.

This Froakie has been banned from the Pokemon League for using performance-enhancing supplements.

• Banned may not enter any Pokemon League facility. This includes all Gyms, the Pokemon League itself, and Victory Road. Whenever you enter one of those locations, you must box Banned and keep him in the box until you finish there (defeat the Gym Leader or Champion).
  • Banned wants to defeat the person that got him banned. Solo Xerosic in Lysandre Labs.
  • However, Banned does indeed use performance-enhancing supplements. Any and all stat-boosting items (whether they be X items or Protein/Iron/etc.) and Rare Candies must be used on Banned. Use p50,000 worth of stat-boosting items to evolve into Frogadier, and another p50,000 to evolve into Greninja.
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it.
ACCEPTED!

pretzel987

Take Beyond the Surskit.

Beyond doesn't believe that attacks really deal damage based on their power or even what they actually do, and believes type effectiveness is the only thing that matters. As such, its moves must be all different types as soon as possible, and it may never have more than two attacking moves. If it would learn a move, or you gain a TM, of the same type as a move it already knows, and this would not give it too many attacking moves, you must immediately forget the move it already knows and teach it the new move.

Additionally, it must always use its move with the highest type effectiveness against any target, even if it is a non-damaging move.

To evolve into Masquerain, solo Flannery. As Masquerain, defeat Winona and Tate paired with your lowest-level Pokemon.

pretzel987

Take Beyond the Surskit.

i assume you mean Tate and Liza? or do i also have to solo Winona?

Other than that, ACCEPTED!

Doing a Emerald Scramble. It's my first, so don't give me anything too grindy. I'm on emu, so no trades.
Take Dory the Slakoth.

Dory has short term memory loss, which can get in the way of it's battling skills. One thing that it cannot seem to remember is the type chart. Once caught, go to random.org and generate 2 numbers between 1 and 18. Dory must solo any pokemon whose has the first type, and cannot battle any pokemon who has the second type. This does not override other solos. The kicker? Go back to random.org and reset the numbers after every gym leader.

1-Normal
2-Fighting
3-Flying
4-Poison
5-Ground
6-Rock
7-Bug
8-Ghost
9-Steel
10-Fire
11-Water
12-Grass
13-Electric
14-Psychic
15-Ice
16-Dragon
17-Dark
18-Fairy

The other thing Dory can't remember is STAB attacks. After catching it and after every MAY battle, generate another number. Dory thinks that this move is its STAB move, and if possible, must learn a move of this type and use this move on any pokemon not hit super effectively by its other moves.

Dory can evolve once after the first Archie battle, and evolve again after the second Archie battle.

Oh and you have to catch Dory in Petalburg woods before defeating Roxanne.

Too hard? Drop the STAB challenge.
Too easy? Try this out:
Every time you catch another pokemon, HM slave or team member, Dory must replace its entire move set, and cannot change its move set at any other time besides these. You are allowed to catch random pokemon to wipe his move set, but they must be released immediately.

Take Dory the Slakoth.

Dory has short term memory loss, which can get in the way of it's battling skills. One thing that it cannot seem to remember is the type chart. Once caught, go to random.org and generate 2 numbers between 1 and 18. Dory must solo any pokemon whose has the first type, and cannot battle any pokemon who has the second type. This does not override other solos. The kicker? Go back to random.org and reset the numbers after every gym leader.

1-Normal
2-Fighting
3-Flying
4-Poison
5-Ground
6-Rock
7-Bug
8-Ghost
9-Steel
10-Fire
11-Water
12-Grass
13-Electric
14-Psychic
15-Ice
16-Dragon
17-Dark
18-Fairy

The other thing Dory can't remember is STAB attacks. After catching it and after every MAY battle, generate another number. Dory thinks that this move is its STAB move, and if possible, must learn a move of this type and use this move on any pokemon not hit super effectively by its other moves.

Dory can evolve once after the first Archie battle, and evolve again after the second Archie battle.

Too easy? Try this out:
Every time you catch another pokemon, HM slave or team member, Dory must replace its entire move set, and cannot change its move set at any other time besides these. You are allowed to catch random pokemon to wipe his move set, but they must be released immediately.
Accepted, although this is 3rd gen emerald, so no fairies.
Knowing my luck, I'll end up having to solo ghost-types and fighting-types the whole game.

acidphoenix take Throw the Throh.

- Throw loves throwing stuff, so must learn and keep as many throwing moves as possible (Circle Throw, Vital Throw, Storm Throw, Seismic Toss (because tossing is throwing)).
- Throw likes to practice throwing enemies around, and wants to try it on a variety of enemies. Use Circle Throw to solo an entire gym of your choice. You are allowed to set up hazards beforehand if you want, but no other effects.
- In addition, Throw is obsessed with examining different species and then throwing them. Solo 15 different species of trainer-owned Pokémon with Vital Throw (analyzing them, then throwing them).
- Finally, solo Siebold to prove his fancy cooking can't throw you.

Too easy? Too hard?

Currently still waiting for 5 more pokemon in my Emerald (3rd Gen) Scramble!
Take Dory the Slakoth.

1-Normal
2-Fighting
3-Flying
4-Poison
5-Ground
6-Rock
7-Bug
8-Ghost
9-Steel
10-Fire
11-Water
12-Grass
13-Electric
14-Psychic
15-Ice
16-Dragon
17-Dark
18-Fairy

Too easy? Try this out:

Hey guys!

Haven't played in a while and wanted to get started with an Omega Ruby scramblelocke (if I spelt it right). Medium difficulty please, with nothing too grindy as I find that really boring.

If you could select some interesting pokemon for me that would be great!

acidphoenix take Throw the Throh.

- Throw loves throwing stuff, so must learn and keep as many throwing moves as possible (Circle Throw, Vital Throw, Storm Throw, Seismic Toss (because tossing is throwing)).
- Throw likes to practice throwing enemies around, and wants to try it on a variety of enemies. Use Circle Throw to solo an entire gym of your choice. You are allowed to set up hazards beforehand if you want, but no other effects.
- In addition, Throw is obsessed with examining different species and then throwing them. Solo 15 different species of trainer-owned Pokémon with Vital Throw (analyzing them, then throwing them).
- Finally, solo Siebold to prove his fancy cooking can't throw you.

Too easy? Too hard?
sffvrpyrf

Hey guys!

Haven't played in a while and wanted to get started with an Omega Ruby scramblelocke (if I spelt it right). Medium difficulty please, with nothing too grindy as I find that really boring.

If you could select some interesting pokemon for me that would be great!
damandingo, take Helios the Solrock. This Solrock believes that it is, actually, the God of the Sun, and wants to bring the sun's rays to every pokemon it meets. Once you get the TM for Sunny Day, it must use Sunny Day to start out in every battle. In addition, it believes that it is Fire/Psychic instead of Rock/Psychic, and must have a damage-dealing Fire-type move that it uses as its "STAB" (used whenever its other moves have neutral or worse effectiveness). Beat 3 of Glacia's Pokemon to prove that Sun is the true weather and can blot out any type of hail.

Too easy? Too hard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)