The Sicilian Dragon (Peaked 100 or so)

Chess is my favorite game. Yes, i like it better then pokemon. For those of you who do play chess, you should be familiar with the sicilian dragon. It leads to wild, complicated games. This teams focal point is salamence so i named the team sicilian dragon. This is my 3rd rmt. My first one was a 4th gen team featuring 2 scarf users and a bulky core. The second was a 5th gen team featuring a healing wish latias/jirachi. Both were highly successful teams, just like this one. This one isnt perfect though, so im posting this to get help. Anyway heres how the team was built:

First i added Genesect and Hydreigon, mainly because they seem dangerous and ive never used either of them (Genesect because he wasnt released, and ive always chosen other dragons over Hydreigon). I used expert belt on both of them to bluff choice items.

Next i added an acrobat tornodus-t, because ive never tried that set either and hes extremely hard to wall.

Added defensive Ninetales because all of my members like the sun.

Espeon was added for screens and to reflect hazzards.

And finally ditto was added because he patches up my teams weaknesses. The team was good like this, but i decided Hydreigon was not worth using over Salamence, and Tornadus wasnt hitting hard enough after his Flying Gem was used up. So i replaced him with Terrakoin, because hes a beast. Also Genesect was given a scarf and ditto a focus sash. Wayyyyyyyyyy too much purple on this team.

And this is how the team currently stands. A closer look:

Espeon (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Espeon sets up screens for Salamence and Terrakoin. Reflects hazzards so Dittos sash wont be broken and Salamence and Ninetales dont lose 25% just for switching in. Seriously concidering Grass Knot over Hp Fire to hit Hippowodon and Quagsire hard. Already hits Tentacreul and Gliscor hard witch is nice.

MonStar (Salamence) (F) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Ive gotten to +6 with this guy so many times due to moxie(admittingly against noobs). Dragon gem is to power through bulky mons and maybe even steels after a few boosts. Standard eves and set. Outpases Genesect at +1 witch is nice. The mvp of the team. Synergizes VERY well with Genesect and is a frequent switch after U-turn. Likes the sun because of a boost to Flamethrower.

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide

Rock Gem is to try to break Slowbro and Gliscor because i dont like being countered. Ive had problems being countered by Starmie after i sub, so i might change the set. Suggestions? I double switch to Terrakoin alot if i see my opponent has a Tyranitar. The only thing on my team who can 1hko Blissey. Likes the sun because he takes less damage from water moves.

Ninetales (M) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SDef / 140 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roar
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Hypnosis

Specialy defensive set to counter Politoad (although i cant do much except Hypnosis). Sleeps Politoad/Heatran/Lati@s alot, all of witch benifit the team greatly. Wide lense is so i dont miss with Overheat and miss with Hypnosis less.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Genesect is a very important member of the team. Him and Ditto are the only ones who can hurt the Lati@s. Forces out Tar, and revenge kills alot of stuff. Walled by heatran, but if i U-turn out i can get a free turn with either Mence or Terra. Or screens with Espeon.

Ditto @ Focus Sash
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Transform

Revenges what Genesect doesnt. Sash is because i have Espeon. Most players assume scarf and switch out, while i get their boosts and i have a sash. Nasty, nasty set, espesiaclly late game.

Threat List

Threats:

I dont like bringing Salamence into him, Ditto cant hurt it, and hits everything else on my team hard.

Just hard to break without a crit.

Revenges Mence and hits everything else very hard.

Both forms are a pain in the ass.

Traps Ninetales, Terrakoin, Espeon, and Genesect locked into Thunderbolt. Total douche, and thats why he got the picture that he did.

Tears my team a new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)