The Silver Team

This is my first thread I have created, so please bear with me as I trudge through my team. A lot of people on showdown has at least seen my team being played by either me or some random guys on the ladder. I never thought of starting an RMT until someone mentioned it to me earlier today, so now that introductions are done lets get this started.

So let us get started with my favorite bird pokemon Talonflame.

(Talonflame)@ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Sleep Talk
This thing with a choice band hits hard and is probably the best revenge killer in the game in my opinion. Not only is it a good revenge killer it functions great as clean up, and is great for momentum with U-Turn. Sleep talk is just a random fourth move. It is either this or me first, but i believe sleep talk will come in handy more often if i ever need something to be put to sleep I got you talonbird.

Let us stick with the offensive section for now and choose a pokemon that fits perfectly with talon flame and covers a lot of its counters.
Dugtrio!!!

Ackbar (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
Yes I use this lovable three headed mole thing, and its obsession with tarps. I feel like i need to explain why i use it this pokemon. Thundurus/Heatran/Tyranitar/BISHARP/Kyrum-B/Chansey/Blissey. All these pokemon Dugtrio can kill and every single one of them gives my team a lot of trouble especially bisharp you will see this later through my comp. It has 21 hp ivs for chansey and Blissey this set gives dug 201 hp leaving it one hp for reversal for these guys. Heatran T-tar both can wall talonflame gets smeared by dugtrio especially if i U-Turn on their switch ins. Dugtrio is great for outplays, because it has a high reward for outplaying your opponent.

(Landorus-Therian)@ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is the main physical tank of the team, and is great compartment of my defensive core. He hits hard even without investment, and walls the majority of the physical side of the ou tier. He also works well with Talonflame as a way to get momentum. Very standardish pokemon not much to say really. Landorus was originally there when everyone was using the sd aegislash set, but now it covers other threats well like excadrill and garchomp. Except, what is up with his eyes gamefreak?

(Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Yep I am that person who still uses specially defensive rotom. Well you know what there is good reason for that. I already have a physical tank, and its nice to have a counter for thunderous and landorous-I. Also it can tank hits from aegislash and handle it pretty easily through pain splits, willo and hydro pumping it. I personally like special rotom due to it being able to cover areas that the rest of the team is generally weak to like threats like keldeo.

(Espeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

This is probably the most unique set in my team. I use espeon as a wish passer not only to support my team but to keep the thing a live. Espeon is a great way to keep hazards of the field, but is generally to frail to live long. With this set espeon can outlast the pokemon that want to set up hazards and even kill them. Here is a good example.
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Espeon: 102-121 (30.5 - 36.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Espeon: 160-190 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- 39.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Espeon: 288-342 (86.2 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
Protect and shadow ball is a great way to get rid of Aegislashes too really easily.

Goddess (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch

The staple of this team really is mega mawile. Its a titan its too strong it nukes everything. Mega mawile is the wall breaker of the team, and my only defense against bp really. Plus with espeon as a perfect support i can reflect burns back to rotom after i lure them and get wish support making Goddess come back again ready to nuke again. It kills anything that doesn't resist its stab. Fire fang is mainly for skarmory and scizor.

Well this is my team, it took me to 1950+ and is still going strong. Tell me what you guys think and <3 you all.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey! Some of your descriptions could use some work. 3 lines is what is required in the RMT-rules Make sure to lengthen the descriptions and I'll be sure to come back and give a rate.

Hey, I've seen you using this team on the ladder for quite some time and from what I can tell it's been working well for you. I only have a small change to suggest (which actually isn't a big deal): Rock tomb over stone edge on dugtrio since you can't really trap thundurus. Rock tomb is more accurate and prevents stuff like dnite from setting up on you.

Really cool team and best of luck in the future with it :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)