The Snorlax Sweep - Heartfelt Warstory about the power of friendship

This a war story not unlike most sports movies, were my misfit team of all normal pokemon overcomes the odds and wins the day. All thanks to the determination of one Snorlax.

I know what you're thinking: "all normals? why all normals?'

The reason for such a team stems from the fact that I like to challenge myself to make gimmicky teams around certain restrictions, like using all pokemon of one type. I decided to use normal because it seems to be the 'worst' type in the game, and to make a successful team of all normals felt like an accomplishment. Plus it was interesting to know that all shadowballs were rendered useless against my team.
--------------------------
kaick sent out Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
SuperAlan sent out Ambipom (lvl 100 Ambipom ?).

Ambipom used Fake Out.
It's not very effective...
Forretress lost 10% of its health.
Forretress flinched!
Ambipom used Knock Off.
Forretress lost 3% of its health.
Ambipom knocked off foe Forretress's Leftovers!
Forretress used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
Ambipom used U-turn.
Forretress lost 7% of its health.

This is my typical Ambipom opening. I decided to opt for a more supporting role running Fake out, knock off, U-turn, and thunder wave. Looking back, Life Orb was a bad choice of item on him, but you live and learn. Still, he left me with a slightly weakened forretress that had no leftovers. I started switching to one of my special attackers hoping too take down the defensive wall from the special side.

SuperAlan switched in Porygonz (lvl 100 Porygonz).
Pointed stones dug into Porygonz.
Porygonz lost 12% of its health.
Forretress used Gyro Ball.
Porygonz lost 78% of its health.

and was promptly met with a Gyro-ball to porygon-z's choicescarfed faced. Needless to say, it stung pretty badly. I was left with a severely weakened scarf-z. This was mistake number 1.

Porygonz used Thunderbolt.
Forretress lost 51% of its health.
Forretress is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Forretress used Earthquake.
Porygonz lost 10% of its health.
SuperAlan's Porygonz fainted.

Mistake number 2: thinking an unstabbed thunder-bolt was powerful enough. this particular scarf-z was running tri-attack, bolt-beam, and trick. T-bolt was the only move that did neutral damage and I didn't want to switch out Z knowing he would die to stealth rocks coming in later (I wasn't running a rapid spinner, which was also poor planning on my part).

5-6 kaik

SuperAlan switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
kaick switched in Dragonite (lvl 100 Dragonite ?).
Blissey used Flamethrower.
Dragonite lost 9% of its health.

So I brought out blissey, hoping her flamethrower would be enough to take down the mighty forretress, only to be met with the powers of prediction. Dragonite brushed of blisseys flamethrower like it was nothing. I decided to keep her in, figuring I could toxic the mighty dragonite and wish-protect it to death.
---
Dragonite used Brick Break.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Blissey lost 94% of its health.
SuperAlan's Blissey fainted.

Once again, intelligence and well thought out planning did not seem to be my strong point that day (I would think that would have been obvious by the fact that I was running an all-normal team.) The critical hit sure didn't help either. My wish passer was now dead and I was down two pokemon and facing a powerful dragonite that packed a SE move against almost all my pokemon (Togekiss takes neutral from fighting).

4-6 kaik

SuperAlan switched in Tauros (lvl 100 Tauros ?).
Tauros's intimidate cut Dragonite's attack!
Tauros used Outrage.
Tauros went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Dragonite lost 91% of its health.
kaick's Dragonite fainted.
kaick: :O

Outrage tauros was something that I wanted to try despite knowing that Dragon had terrible type coverage and Stone-edge would hit 2 of the 3 OU Dragons for SE damage anyway. Still, it garnered a surprised emoticon from my opponent and at the very least took out the brick-breaker. No time to celebrate though, I was still down by one pokemon.

4-5 kaick

kaick switched in Cresselia (lvl 100 Cresselia ?).
Tauros used Outrage.
Cresselia lost 30% of its health.
Cresselia used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
Tauros's rampage ended.
Tauros became confused!

I didn't really have any other option this turn, as outrage literally locked me in. I was thanful the outrage only lasted two turns and I didn't have to keep tauros in rampaging against a Cresselia with reflect up. Considering I hate opposing leftovers recovery, I decided it was time to bring out Ambipom again.

kaick switched in Mamoswine (lvl 100 Mamoswine ?).
SuperAlan switched in Ambipom (lvl 100 Ambipom ?).
Ambipom used Fake Out.
Mamoswine lost 17% of its health.
Mamoswine flinched!
Ambipom used Knock Off.
Mamoswine lost 5% of its health.
Ambipom knocked off foe Mamoswine's Leftovers!
Mamoswine used Curse.
Ambipom used U-turn.
Mamoswine lost 9% of its health.
Tauros's intimidate cut Mamoswine's attack!

Even though he'd already switched out cresselia I decided I could keep Ambipom in. His maneuver was just as good against mamoswine as it would have been against cresselia anyways. However, I should have been paying a little more attention to those curse boosts. I decided it was good a time as any to bring tauros back. Thankfully the intimidate neutrilized the attack boosts he was garnering from those curses.

Mamoswine used Ice Shard.
Tauros lost 44% of its health.
Tauros used Return.
Mamoswine's reflect wore off!

Dang! with Mamoswine's natural bulkyness, the defensive boosts from curse, and the reflect a stabbed choice band max attack return on tauros barely scratched his skin. That ice shard did a nasty number on tauros also. I guess I wasn't fully aware of how strong mamoswine was even without the curse attack boosts.

Tauros lost 31% of its health.
SuperAlan's Tauros fainted.

I guess I figured he'd predict a switch and try and curse and I'd get a free return in without the reflect up, but I was wrong. Tauros kicked the bucket and I found myself being backed into a corner. Down by two pokemon, I decided to continue and press my luck.

3-5 kiack

SuperAlan switched in Togekiss (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
Pointed stones dug into Togekiss.
Togekiss lost 25% of its health.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 60% of its health.
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Mamoswine lost 34% of its health.

Stealth rocks, I always forget about stealth rocks! Togekiss was weak coming in and I was lucky the ice shard didn't destroy him outright. I'm not really sure what drove me to send out Paraflinch Togekiss against a pokemon that was immune to thunderwave and had a priority. If I were to guess, it was probably the fact that it was my own special-attacking pokemon left and I figured He was strong enough, but no dice. If you wondering why I didn't use Aura-sphere, it's because I was trying out running signal beam on Togekiss to combo with serence grace and form a rudimentary "para-confuse-flinch" combo. In this cause I wish I had the aura-sphere

It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 21% of its health.
SuperAlan's Togekiss fainted.

Bam, togekiss is out for the count and I'm down by 3 pokemon. I'm not sure why I didn't just quit outright. Maybe it's because I knew in my heart that I had the power to win? I don't know, but I pressed on regardless.

2-5 kaick

SuperAlan switched in Snorlax (lvl 100 Snorlax ?).
Snorlax lost 15% of its health.
Snorlax used Curse.

I decide that curseing is my best option. Mamoswine was packing Ice shard, so the speed debuffs wouldn't have mattered much anyway.

Snorlax used Curse.
Mamoswine used Roar.
Pointed stones dug into Ambipom.
Ambipom lost 12% of its health.

and my dreams of curseing up were momentarily crushed by a roar, causing me to do a little bit of my own cursing (privatley of course, I don't like to be rude over shoddy).

Ambipom used Fake Out.
Mamoswine lost 18% of its health.
Ambipom lost 10% of its health.
Mamoswine flinched!
Ambipom lost 6% of its health.
SuperAlan's Ambipom fainted.

Ambipom is too weak at this point to bother switching out, so I go for one last fake out before mamoswine's ice shard takes him down. I was down by 4 pokemon and he was still packing poke's I hadn't even seen yet. My chances were slim, but I pressed on hoping for a "Mighty Ducks" miracle.

1-5 kaick
---

Snorlax used Curse.

No longer threatened by roar, I began cursing up snorlax again. I suspected he'd switch to cresselia and set up a reflect, so I needed all the attack boosts I could get.

Snorlax used Curse.

Sure enough he switches to cresselia and I get a free curse boost. I figure two boosts is enough and start going to town.

Cresselia used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
Snorlax used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Cresselia lost 23% of its health.
Cresselia's defence was lowered.

Crunch didn't deal nearly as much damage as I was hoping for, but the lowered defence was a saving grace.

Cresselia used Calm Mind.
Snorlax used Curse.

no attacking from either of us, moving along.

Cresselia used Psychic.
Snorlax lost 16% of its health.
Snorlax used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Cresselia lost 37% of its health.
Cresselia's defence was lowered.

At this point we were both employing a "buff then strike" system. Even a calm-minded stab psychic was not enough to hurt Snorlax from the special side. And with the curse boosts Snorlax was well gaurded on all sides, which he'd need to be if He was going to bring home the gold. I also got ANOTHER lucky defence de-buff from crunch. It seemed fortune had begun to smile on me.

Cresselia used Calm Mind.
Snorlax used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Cresselia lost 41% of its health.
kaick's Cresselia fainted.

Now had been good a time as ever to break the pattern and strike. The final hit put his cresselia to rest, but I wasn't safe yet. He still had 4 pokemon left, 2 of which I hadn't seen yet, and Snorlax wasn't in the best of shape. I pressed on anyway.

1-4 kaick

kaick switched in Vaporeon (lvl 100 Vaporeon ?).
Vaporeon used Acid Armor.
Vaporeon's defence was sharply raised.
Snorlax used Curse.

I had mixed feelings about the acid armor. On one end, it meant Vaporeon was short an attacking move, on the other end it meant it could have defense boosts to match my attack boosts. I continued on attack and cursing anyway. Maybe if was lucky I could paralyze it or get a critical hit. Anything was possible at this point.

Snorlax used Body Slam.
Vaporeon lost 16% of its health.
Vaporeon's reflect wore off!

I breathed a sigh of releif as the reflect wore off. Even with an acid armor boost and reflect Snorlax was still able to take out a small sized chunk of it's Hp, enough to be note-worthy. I began to have hope.

Snorlax used Body Slam.
Vaporeon lost 24% of its health.

At this point I'm body slamming and hoping for that lucky critical or paralysis to kick in.

Vaporeon used Wish.
Vaporeon made a wish!
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Vaporeon lost 23% of its health.

oh noes, wish! I really needed that paralysis now. If Vaporeon kept wishing I'd run out of body-slam PP and possible attack PP all together. Things began to look grim again.

Vaporeon used Toxic.
Vaporeon's attack missed!
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Vaporeon lost 23% of its health.
The wish came true!
Vaporeon restored 50% of its health.

A lucky miss on the toxic, but the wish set me back a few turns. I was hard pressed for some luck.

Vaporeon used Toxic.
Snorlax was badly poisoned!
Snorlax used Curse..
Snorlax is hurt by poison!
Snorlax lost 6% of its health.

With all the wishing that would be going on anyway, I decided it was as good an idea as ever to max out the curse boosts. If i was going to have any hope of curshing the opposition then Snorlax would need to be at peak levels. Unfortunatley the bad poison not threatened to ruin me.

Vaporeon used Wish.
Vaporeon made a wish!
Snorlax used Curse.

Still cursing aginst wishes and poison, my luck seemed like it was finally at it's end.

Vaporeon used Surf.
Snorlax lost 19% of its health.
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Vaporeon lost 32% of its health.
The wish came true!

The damage of two body-slams being more than the wish recovery was a saving grace, as I hadn't seen vaporeon use protect yet. But the surf and posion damage was wearing snorlax thing. I wasn't sure how much longer he'd last.

Vaporeon used Surf.
Snorlax lost 19% of its health.
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Vaporeon lost 33% of its health.
Vaporeon is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Vaporeon's Lum Berry cured its Paralysis!.

My dreams of a lucky paralysis were crushed by his Lum berry and I had all but given up hope, at this point snorlax was at a mere 19% hp and ready to kick the bucket.

kaick: gg
Vaporeon used Surf.
Snorlax lost 17% of its health.
Snorlax used Rest.
Snorlax fell asleep!
Snorlax restored 98% of its health.
kaick: or not

kaick thought he had won, and to be honest I thought he might have too. the use of rest was a long-shot at best. For all I knew he had a SD lucario waiting in the last unknown slot that would eleminate any chance of survival.

Vaporeon used Wish.
Vaporeon made a wish!
Snorlax is fast asleep!
Vaporeon used Surf.
Snorlax lost 18% of its health.
Snorlax is fast asleep!
The wish came true!
Vaporeon used Surf.
Snorlax lost 18% of its health.
Snorlax woke up!
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Vaporeon lost 28% of its health.

Snorlax awoke from his sleep angry. Little did me or kaick know, we wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Vaporeon used Toxic.
Vaporeon's attack missed!
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Vaporeon lost 29% of its health.

A miss from toxic, I couldn't beleive it. At this point I had no idea why he hadn't switched out vaporeon, but I was thankful for not having to be dragged down by poison again.

Vaporeon used Wish.
Vaporeon made a wish!
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Vaporeon lost 30% of its health.
Vaporeon is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

My lucky paralysis I had been praying for ten turns ago finally came and I soon began to realize that this was no ordinary snorlax

kaick switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Heatran lost 66% of its health.
The wish came true!
Heatran restored 50% of its health.

At first I thought "oh noes, heatran" because steel resisted both of Snorlax's attack moves. But when I saw that 66% damage from an NFE hit, I was shocked. What kind of pocket had this snorlax become?

Heatran used Earth Power.
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Heatran lost 60% of its health.

Heatran's earthpower did little but make Snorlax angrier. He was tearing through this steel-fire legend like it was tissue paper.

Heatran used Earth Power.
Snorlax lost 14% of its health.
Snorlax used Body Slam.
A critical hit!
Heatran lost 24% of its health.
kaick's Heatran fainted.

The unnecesary critical sealed the steel legends fate and a bloodlust began to come over me. I could do it, I had a chance to destroy him. I had no idea what to call this creature I was using. He was no mere snorlax; was this the true power of curselax?

1-3 kaick

kaick switched in Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
SuperAlan: RAWR

I let out a curse-lax battle cry as his forretress came in. I could almost see the terror on his face

Snorlax used Body Slam.
Forretress lost 34% of its health.
kaick's Forretress fainted.

even the mighty defenses of forretress were no match for this creature, this curse-lax? I was unsure about the name curse lax. It didn't seem to accuratley represent the mightiness he had acheived.

1-2 kaick

kaick switched in Vaporeon (lvl 100 Vaporeon ?).
SuperAlan: SNORLAX SMASH!

After taking down the forretress I realized what this creature was. this was no curse-lax, this was HULK!-lax. I let out a HULK!-battle cry and pictures a snorlax becoming big and green and muscular like the incredible hulk (props to anyone who draws this.)

Vaporeon is paralysed! It can't move!
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Vaporeon lost 11% of its health.
kaick's Vaporeon fainted.

Even vaporeon, who had once been a worthy foe, cowered at the terrible might that was HULK!-lax. there would be no poison anymore, HULK-Lax was free te destroy all who stood in his path.

1-1

---
Mamoswine used Earthquake.
Snorlax lost 11% of its health.
Snorlax used Body Slam.
Mamoswine lost 7% of its health.
kaick's Mamoswine fainted.
SuperAlan wins!

All it took was one final blow. The power of Mamoswine's earthquake was no match for the raw anger and strength that was HULK-lax. at this point I had done it, HULK!-lax had ripped through five pokemon to acheive I victory I thought was all but impossible. At this point I only had one thing to say
SuperAlan:
wow
SuperAlan: gg
kaick: gg
kaick has left the room.
-------------------------------

Was I the best player? probably not. Did I deserve the win? who knows. did I make mistakes? plenty. But all were moot as I was save by the power of the Incredible HULK!-Lax

o.o a 100% normal theme team
you could probably have less log and more comment, but the nature of the battle isn't too inviting.

eh, it's just a story that seemed 1-in-a-million to me and I felt like sharing it with people. Plus it's my first warstory, so forgive me if I'm not quite as good at as other people are.

I hope at least someone gets a little bit of enjoyment out of this.

This is a nice battle in terms of coming back to win it, but the ending was foreshadowed both by the title and the introduction, meaning there was not much suspense through the whole thing. Another thing I had with it was simply that the story consisted of two parts. The first part was just you making a couple of errors at the beginning when you lost most of your pokemon needlessly, and then the second was Snorlax using Curse against special attackers and then proceeding to use +6 Body Slams on everything, which in all honesty isn't that incredibly exciting. It's cool to see that people are still making Curselax-weak teams, but the story itself was a tad on the boring side.

That isn't to say that it's not a good battle, or even to say that you shouldn't continue writing warstories. Practice is the best way to get better. I definitely enjoyed reading it, simply because, let's face it, Snorlax is a really badass pokemon.

Is Life Orb on Ambipom with Fake Out AND Knock Off really smart? Fake out only gets 12 extra base power, and Knock Off isn't for attacking anyways, but you're eating 10% for those 'bonuses'.

Is Life Orb on Ambipom with Fake Out AND Knock Off really smart? Fake out only gets 12 extra base power, and Knock Off isn't for attacking anyways, but you're eating 10% for those 'bonuses'.
Just adding on to this. If you want a decent boost to your attacks you could use Silk Scarf to raise the power of Knock Off, or Muscle Band to raise the power of all your physical moves by 10%.

Now onto the warstory.

It was pretty good. Curse Lax is such a beast late game.

Mamo with ice shard as its only attack is a shitty set. Even with curse, you aren't going to be doing much. If he had EQ, you would have lost.

Regardless, I love Curselax sweeps.

Curselax is a beast I've won a match with it after being down 4-1 I used to love that thing but there are some super strong sp sweepers that Snorlax just can't absorb all of those hits.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The come back was nice, but you should comment after every turn. Telling us why did you do it if you predicted something. You are lucky that he used those strange sets(Acid Armor on a non-BP team?) And there was good as none prediction in the game, only he predicted FT from the Bliss. More comments next time, still I love the Hulk-Lax:heart:

Mamo with ice shard as its only attack is a shitty set. Even with curse, you aren't going to be doing much. If he had EQ, you would have lost.
1-1

---

It was a pretty good battle, but you we're pretty lucky that there was no fighting-type moves on opponent.

Im not saying, that you we're bad, but I cannot say that you're the best either. More talentic opponent could have beated you easily, but practice makes perfect. :)

It was 1 am when I wrtoe this story and looking back it is a tad weak. I'll be editing it to remove a lot of log and add/change some commentary to make it a tad more interesting. thanks for all the comments everybody.

I would have lol'd if something confused you. HARD.
Great warstory, Snorlax dominates the metagame yet again!

1-1

---

It was a pretty good battle, but you we're pretty lucky that there was no fighting-type moves on opponent.

Im not saying, that you we're bad, but I cannot say that you're the best either. More talentic opponent could have beated you easily, but practice makes perfect. :)
Honestly, that makes things worse for the enjoyability of the warstory. With more curses than lax under its belt, mamo would have won the stall fight.

i didn't read the first time just the edited one, it is a nice warstory i enjoyed, and Hulk Lax is a funny name, funny enough shiny snorlax is greenish. Hulk Lax :heart:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I too was wondering wtf? When Mamo switched out against snorlax.

Still, I got to say I found the comments and overall presentation good. It's nice to see a warstory with comments with readable english. haha

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Now it's great. Find a good opponent, have a great battle with him, warstory that and it will be perfect:naughty:

Nice warstory. When I saw the title, I thought it would involve the move Return on Snor-I mean Hulk-Lax.

I know what you're thinking: "all normals? why all normals?'

I was actually thinking "hey, I know a handful of Pokémon that rape this team 6-0! And I was here thinking Normal was an OK type to make a mono-team with..."

The reason for such a team stems from the fact that I like to challenge myself to make gimmicky teams around certain restrictions, like using all pokemon of one type. I decided to use normal because it seems to be the 'worst' type in the game, and to make a successful team of all normals felt like an accomplishment. Plus it was interesting to know that all shadowballs were rendered useless against my team.

Well it SHOULD feel like an accomplishment if the team was good at all. By the way... the 'worst' type to make a mono-team is Electric.

--------------------------
kaick sent out Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
SuperAlan sent out Ambipom (lvl 100 Ambipom ?).

Ambipom used Fake Out.
Forretress lost 10% of its health.
Forretress flinched!
Ambipom used Knock Off.
Forretress lost 3% of its health.
Ambipom knocked off foe Forretress's Leftovers!
Forretress used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
Ambipom used U-turn.
Forretress lost 7% of its health.

(...) Still, he left me with a slightly weakened forretress that had no leftovers. (...)

THAT was mistake nº1. No, wait... number 2. Mistake nº1 was wasting 30% HP to do 17% and letting it set up SR... but I guess you live to learn, right?

SuperAlan switched in Porygonz (lvl 100 Porygonz).
Pointed stones dug into Porygonz.
Porygonz lost 12% of its health.
Forretress used Gyro Ball.
Porygonz lost 78% of its health.

and was promptly met with a Gyro-ball to porygon-z's choicescarfed faced. (...) This was mistake number 1.

P-Z's faced must've been really aching. So... you couldn't OHKO it, were 2HKOed yourself, and switched in a good late-game sweeper, huh? Cool beans. Mistake nº3.

Porygonz used Thunderbolt.
Forretress lost 51% of its health.
Forretress is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Forretress used Earthquake.
Porygonz lost 10% of its health.
SuperAlan's Porygonz fainted.

Mistake number 2: thinking an unstabbed thunder-bolt was powerful enough. (...) (I wasn't running a rapid spinner, which was also poor planning on my part).

That's nº4, and good thing you wrote "also", I was starting to believe that team WAS an accomplishment.

5-6 kaik

SuperAlan switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
kaick switched in Dragonite (lvl 100 Dragonite ?).
Blissey used Flamethrower.
Dragonite lost 9% of its health.

(...) I decided to keep her in, figuring I could toxic the mighty dragonite and wish-protect it to death.
---
Dragonite used Brick Break.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Blissey lost 94% of its health.
SuperAlan's Blissey fainted.

You know what? You figure too much.

(...) (Togekiss takes neutral from fighting).

It never hurts to know, right?

4-6 kaik

Tauros's intimidate cut Dragonite's attack!
Tauros used Outrage.
Tauros went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Dragonite lost 91% of its health.
kaick's Dragonite fainted.

(...) it garnered a surprised emoticon from my opponent and at the very least took out the brick-breaker. (...)

:O - That makes two. I'm wondering if I should discount one mistake for that move, or simply add one, and label it "Team Building Issues".

4-5 kaick

Tauros used Outrage.
Cresselia lost 30% of its health.
Cresselia used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
Tauros's rampage ended.
Tauros became confused!

(...) Considering I hate opposing leftovers recovery, I decided it was time to bring out Ambipom again.

Those annoying things, always making us switch in frail fast Pokémon to be paralyzed and losing 10% while doing nothing in return...

By the way, (the Leftovers).

Ambipom used Fake Out.
Mamoswine flinched!
Ambipom used Knock Off.
Mamoswine lost 5% of its health.
Ambipom knocked off foe Mamoswine's Leftovers!
Mamoswine used Curse.
Ambipom used U-turn.
Mamoswine lost 9% of its health.
Tauros's intimidate cut Mamoswine's attack!

(...) Even though he'd already switched out cresselia I decided I could keep Ambipom in. (...) Thankfully the intimidate neutrilized the attack boosts he was garnering from those curses.

Well you sure make interesting decisions. I'm glad Pokémon don't exist, poor things. And yes, I'm glad Intimidate works like Haze with the Attack stat, otherwise I don't know how I could Knock Off and U-Turn Scizor's LO while it pulled of 2 SDs.

Tauros lost 44% of its health.
Tauros used Return.
Mamoswine's reflect wore off!

(...) I guess I wasn't fully aware of how strong mamoswine was even without the curse attack boosts.

And I'm guessing your opponent thought STAB makes all moves have the same power, hence the Ice Shard instead of Earthquake. Or maybe he was affraid Outrage would OHKO?

Tauros lost 31% of its health.
SuperAlan's Tauros fainted.

3-5 kiack

SuperAlan switched in Togekiss (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
Pointed stones dug into Togekiss.
Togekiss lost 25% of its health.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 60% of its health.
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Mamoswine lost 34% of its health.

Stealth rocks, I always forget about stealth rocks! (...)

That's why I couldn't play OU, I always forgot there was Garchomp! But if you think about it, Mamoswine 2HKOs you anyways... but I guess you learn from your mistakes, right...?

It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 21% of its health.
SuperAlan's Togekiss fainted.

Bam, togekiss is out for the count and I'm down by 3 pokemon. I'm not sure why I didn't just quit outright. (...)

Why WOULD you? Outrage Tauros more than sufficed at this point of the game.

2-5 kaick

Snorlax used Curse.

So it didn't have Earthquake! I'm wondering what else it is carrying...

Snorlax used Curse.
Mamoswine used Roar.
Pointed stones dug into Ambipom.
Ambipom lost 12% of its health.

Oh, I see... that makes 3. Curse, Ice Shard, Roar...? I'm thinking at this point that your opponent had some Team Building issues himself.

Ambipom used Fake Out.
Mamoswine lost 18% of its health.
Ambipom lost 10% of its health.
Mamoswine flinched!

Ambipom lost 6% of its health.
SuperAlan's Ambipom fainted.

See? This is were you really learn. If you hadn't given it LO, it might have survived to hit it with another mighty U-Turn. Ambipom is that awesome, you just have to know how to use it, especially in a mono-team.

I didn't read the rest 'cause I wrote as I read, and since the title gives the result away I know what will happen. Congrats on winning, I wasn't expecting it. BELIEVE ME.

for the record, the warstory wasn't supposed to be a show of how skilled I am (I think the story proves I'm not exactly the best in that department). It was more to show off how lucky I was and how game-breaking Hulk-Lax ended up being.

So yeah, I know I made a lot of mistakes and was an idiot battler, no need to point it out in a unnecessarily long fashion.

I hadn't seen a Snorlax sweep since the last month of ADV. It was a nice read, I also shocked when Heatran took 60% from Return, it just seemed wrong.

Too bad there's no way to post anonymously...

I know it's not good enough, but I had to do something before Lorak gets here. :p

Too bad there's no way to post anonymously...

I know it's not good enough, but I had to do something before Lorak gets here. :p
since you're the first one to draw it, you got the bonus points I promised in opening post.

HULK-LAX SMASH!

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
After taking down the forretress I realized what this creature was. this was no curse-lax, this was HULK!-lax. I let out a HULK!-battle cry and pictures a snorlax becoming big and green and muscular like the incredible hulk (props to anyone who draws this.)
Big, green, but no muscles for you! >:O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)