The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope
burnley have that mentality, they beat all 4 in the past 2 seasons :/
great, i chose the wrong player for captain this week..... i thought should o go zamora or should i go vermaelen, i take vermaelen and zamora scores 11 points :/

nope
burnley have that mentality, they beat all 4 in the past 2 seasons :/
great, i chose the wrong player for captain this week..... i thought should o go zamora or should i go vermaelen, i take vermaelen and zamora scores 11 points :/
You fell for the "Verma trap."

I think its hilarious how over 200,000 people picked up Fabregas this week. Most of which were people with Lampard and Gerrard.

The, "What have you done for me lately" mentality continues.

no i fell for the i need a decent captain who will give me points because rooney is injured option.
i wasn't expecting arsenal to concede a goal so the points would have been half decent if he scored or didn't...
and van der sar playing didnt help me either... i would have put him in if i know instead of leaving him on the bench

I think its hilarious how over 200,000 people picked up Fabregas this week. Most of which were people with Lampard and Gerrard.

The, "What have you done for me lately" mentality continues.
Actually Cesc has been one of the most consistent and reliable captains over the past two years in the fantasy draft. I think most people were waiting for his form to pick up since it was crap during the start of the season. I know I was haha.

LLLLiverpool!!!!!(4 L's for 4 loses haha). They're at great risk of not even getting out of their group right now.

Surprised to see Barca lose at home, and also both Inter and Arsenal drew, quite a few surprising scorelines tonight.

Here's to Man United not following these teams' examples tomorrow night.

Ugh, Liverpool without Torres and Gerrard makes them look like a mid table EPL team. N'Gog was horrible last night and he played a full 90 minutes.

Watched Inter last night... and even tough Suazo threw a real chance of winning the game away, I gotta say that it was most Dynamo's merit, and not Inter's demerit.
With Shevchenko back to his good old days, Dynamo can, along with Wolfsburg, be the dark horse of this year's champions.

I've been watching Newcastle United in the Championship League.

They don't look great, but they are in 2nd Place, for now.. hopefully they can stop the average play.. and look like a Premiership team again. I miss them.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol ive always said julio cesar was the best keeper in the world and that cassilas made too many mistakes. i rest my case...

Heh cool Milan won. I'm especially happy for Seedorf, hopefully will this end the Seedorf hate in Holland a bit.. which is totally unfair imo
I mean if you look at Seedorfs achievements: 4 times Champions League winner and he won 3 of them with 3 different clubs

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
This week in 1996 we beat Man Utd 5-0.
This week in 2002 we beat Juventus 2-0.
This week in 2009 we lost to Scunthorpe.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not that he was able to hold back dynamo :P
look at the three goals scored in todays game compared to the two last night.

in the past year cesar has been a certified, world class keeper for both club and country. cassilas often flops and tonight was just another one of them. not someone who youd associate "the best keeper in the world" with.

look at the three goals scored in todays game compared to the two last night.

in the past year cesar has been a certified, world class keeper for both club and country. cassilas often flops and tonight was just another one of them. not someone who youd associate "the best keeper in the world" with.
True, casillas has lost some value, but I still wouldn't choose Julio over him. To this day, I still have a lot of doubts on how legitimate was to cast away Toldo...

Suprising results this week in the Champions League. Both Real Madrid and Barcelone lost there home match. Liverpool lost their home match against Lyon and Bordeaux winning against Munchen. Not a bad week for the football loving person

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This week's Champions League results were very interesting...

Liverpool are average at best when you take out Torres, Gerrard, and to some extent, Johnson, they're also missing Alonso more than most people think, and as I predicted, more than Man Utd miss Ronaldo. If Liverpool are missing the only players in their side that really can be judged as top class (although arguably Reina is too) they're not a match for the better teams in Europe and if Gerrard and Torres are going to be out for extended periods of time, I think they could well struggle in in the battle to finish in the top 4 this time. They could still find it difficult to qualify from their UCL Group at this rate.

Arsenal.. They don't have a tough group really.. They're definitely going through, most likely with Olympiakos. Their Premier League form also doesn't seem too bad, they're not that far off the pace right now. I still believe that Arsene would need to strengthen in January if they want to be contenders for one of the big prizes, though.

Barcelona losing was a very big surprise, but it shows that they can be beaten, even by the weaker teams. Inter struggling to pick up wins is surprising as well.. but you've got to expect those two to get through.

Chelsea made a rather poor start against Atletico, but once they got the goal, it was all Chelsea and they dominated. I can't see Chelsea not winning the group, and in the Champions League they look like they can hold anyone off at the moment.

Real Madrid and AC Milan are obviously expected to progress, but there could be a surprise in this group. It's strange.. Real Madrid are full of multi-million pound world class players.. yet when you take Cristiano Ronaldo out of the side.. it makes more difference to them already, than it did to Man Utd losing him. They seem easily beatable without Ronaldo, which is just odd. They'll probably still get through though.

Man Utd are actually looking in quite a good situation. Unlike a lot of teams, we can be without important players such as Rooney, Evra, Fletcher, Giggs, and Park, and still win games, let alone win games away in Europe comfortably. In all three group games, Man Utd haven't really had to play exceptionally well, and have just done enough to win games. I think by the time CSKA come to Old Trafford, we'll be able to stick out a stronger side and really turn on the style, winning by a big score and winning the group in the process.

Still, no real idea who'll win the Champions League - but for some reason, I think it's finally Chelsea's year.

If Man Utd don't beat Liverpool on Sunday, things in the Premier League might get more interesting in regards to an actual title race. However, if they do (and let's be honest, if Liverpool are missing those players, they should), I think Liverpool are already out of it with five losses, and it becomes mainly a two horse race between Man Utd and Chelsea, with perhaps Arsenal and Man City tagging along, possibly even Spurs if they can actually live up to their potential for once.

I am SO goddamn happy today
Benfica 5 Everton 0, their biggest european defeat ever, not even I believe that would happen. I didn't watch it live (cellege party), but I saw it now. Magistral performance, with 5 goals to go along. I'm afraid we won't be able to hold Cardozo in Lisbon for the next season...
Defenitly confirms that Benfica is one of the major candidates at this year's Europa League.
However, with the several disappointmens that are happening in the champions, a lot of top european teams (Bayern, Atletico, etc.) may fall to the Europa League, providing a big challenge.

Also one note for Fulham - Roma (ended 1-1), in which Fulham clearly deserved the victory, but Roma tied it up in the last minutes. Pure italian style...

Taylor

i am alien
Rooney is doubtful for the Super Sunday clash between the biggest rivalry in English football. What looked like a Torres, Gerrard and Johnson-less Liverpool, they're now expected to have all three fit for Sunday, while United have doubts over Fletcher and Rooney.

That said, it looks like we'll format a 4-5-1 formation against Liverpool if Rooney is unavailable for selection. Sir Alex has come accustomed to the "midfield battle" over the years, in europe and against the big sides away from home. I suspect Berbatov, who played the entire 90 in Moscow, to lead the line at Anfield for United. Valencia, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs and perhaps Anderson are likely the five selected to dominate the midfield, with the back five choosing itself.

Their form suggests we can win, but if there was one match Liverpool could bounce back from a success of four defeats, it's in the derby match against us. Anything can happen.

Score: Manchester United vs. Liverpool: 2 - 2

Livepool vs Manchester United: 2-0
Vidic gets a red card for the third time in a row against Liverpool

Simply Epic. The beach balls all over the field were just hilarious haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)