The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definately desrves at least a 3 match ban for that pitiful dive. It needs some harsh suspensions so that it can be stamped out. It cost Birmingham a vital two points which could determine whether they are relegated or not. Some of the Referees decisions recently in particular has been shocking. Maybe even enough for me to think that having a video referee would be more fair, although that could be just as contentious and would slow the game down.

And who do you think will be the final countries to make the world cup, I think it will be Cameroon, Tunisia, Egypt, New Zealand, Uruguay, France, Bosnia, Greece and Russia.

R.I.P
and i agree, if birmingham go down by a point (or liverpool, in their form, stay up by a point) then that has made a differance, same way that rediculous referee at stamford bridge could have decided the title (free kick - just no, goal? foul on wes brown?)

LOL at Utd supporters. http://www.sportingo.com/football/a...-ranting-chelsea-masks-their-own-shortcomings

"What it meant, though, is that despite the visitors’ so-called ‘domination’, they only mustered one shot on target in the entire match which is, quite frankly, a pitiful return whether you’re playing the league leaders or not."
lol at Chelsea supporters. I don't know what you're talking about, but that's clearly bullshit what you've linked to. Utd had 21 shots to 12, and 10 were on target. Coincidentally 7 corners to 0 as well.

I think the fact that Chelsea started time-wasting in the 75th minute, 1-0 up at home says it all

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8343319.stm

(click line ups and stats)

Every referee in England is out to get Man Utd, they've never ever given Man Utd anything.

It's not like Alex Ferguson has even berated any referee in his long tenure at Man Utd, let alone question the fitness of referees publicly.

Stay classy Man Utd FC.

The real story of the week (apart from Enke's tragic death) is Real Madrid being knocked out of the Copa Del Rey by Alcooron anyway. 4-1 on aggregate and it's not like Madrid even put out some young kids from their B team.

Also I never rated Carlo Cudicini's handling.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Well, another shock in the soccer world.

R.I.P Antonio de Nigris, you were starting to consolidate as one of the best forwards in mexican soccer, you will be remembered.

Maaaan :'(

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
R.I.P Antonio de Nigris

On other news, Van Persie injury from the weekend is not good at all for us. He always scares Chelsea so him missing that match and many others is annoying.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Its about time they sacked Burley, ok he had a lot to live up to after Alex Mcleish, but only 3 wins out of 14 is not good enough, even for Scotland, especially when you consider that apart from the Netherlands, their group was hardly that hard and these friendly defeats have just rubbed things in.

Jesus Christ, two deaths in a single week... is the world gone nuts?
But this is more serious, as it was yet another death by heart attack (tought this time off the pitch), specially after the cases of Puerta (Spain), Miklos Fehér (Portugal) and Foé, that seem to have been for nothing...

R.I.P De Nigris, but, and pardon me for saying this, but I don't think the football world will truely open it's eyes until a tragic case like this happens in England or in a Europe/World Cup. Sorry, but it's the truth.

france go through, thanks to henry handballing it into the net, an utter discrase, yet another cheating incident,m which means referees again.
I hope FIFA got what they wanted, afterall it was them who seeded the play-offs so teams like france could go through, such a shame that entrance to the world cup has been gained by cheating. i still remember ITALY V AUSTRALIA where italy dived for a penalty in the dying minutes to progress, this sort of thing has to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)