The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I didn't see the match but when I saw this I was immediately disgusted. Shawcross is such an asshole.
Maybe you should see the match then before jumping to the conclusion that someone is an arsehole. Shawcross was visibly in tears after he realised what had happened. It's not as if it was entirely his fault either; Ramsey had his foot planted so deeply into the ground before Shawcross lunged in, I'm not suprised at the break. I'm not saying that he's completely innocent because it was a very poorly timed and clumsy tackle, but to asssume that he did it on purpose or doesn't regret it is just ignorant. He was clearly very shaken up about the whole thing so I don't think he deserves to be labelled an arsehole.

Hopefully SAF will go mad and start with Owen and Berbatov up front.
Fucking called it.

Kuszxak
Rafael Vidic Evans Evra
Valencia Fletcher Carrick Park
Berbatov Owen

Friedel
Cuellar Dunne Collins Warnock
Young Milner Petrov Downing
Heskey Agbonlahor

Best strikers top 10 (wings and central).

rank-name-club-competition-nationality

1-Luis Suárez-AFC Ajax-Eredivisie-Uruguay
2-Zlatan Ibrahimovic-FC Barcelona-Primera Division-Sweden
3-Lionel Messi-FC Barcelona-Primera Division-Argentinia
4-Wayne Rooney-Manchester United-Premier League-UK
5-Didier Drogba-Chelsea-Premier League-Ivory Coast
6-Ronaldinho-AC Milan-Serie A-Brazilia
7-Samuel Eto'o-Internazionale-Serie A-Cameroon
8-Robin van Persie-Arsenal-Premier League-Netherlands
9-Diego Forlán-Atlético Madrid-Primera Division-Uruguay
10-Ruud van Nistelrooij-Hamburger SV-Bundesliga-Netherlands

Agree? Discuss.

Some Luis Suárez goals in game summaries he scored often. Suárez has shirt number 16. He is an Uruguayan international, always in the starting lineup (because of him, I hope Uruguay wins the WC while I am Dutch). He scored 26 goals in 25 Eredivisiegames, in 4 cup matches (1 suspended) 6 goals and in the Europe League, 10 games (1 suspended, 1 injured) 6 goals. He is team captain. One of the best players in club history. Luis Suárez is the best Ajax player, wanted by Juventus, Fehnerbahçe, Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, AC Milan, FC Barcelona, Hamburger SV, Werder Bremen, Manchester City, Olympiakos Piraeus and Sporting Lissabon, bids in the winter transfer time varying between 50.000.000 Euro and 200.000.000 Euro, Ajax is very dependant on him, he is a right winger and can also be left winger or central striker. Best as a right wing attacker or central striker, can also be a left wing striker altough he is on the right or in the center better than on the left.

Picture of Suárez after the 2-0 against Roda JC (4-0 win, he scored all goals, all in the second half). He also made the most assists in the Eredivisie this season.

The game summaries are Dutch, but the sound isn't needed to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIDk1LW6jFc
AFC Ajax-RKC Waalwijk 4-1, 3 goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_C4W2-YddM
PSV-AFC Ajax Ajax 4-3, 2 goals.

The referee should've given Ajax two penaltys and the last two PSV goals shouldn't have counted (one offside and one hands). The referee, Pieter Vink (UEFA EL referee) is a fan of Ajax' earth rival, Feyenoord and wants Ajax to lose. He lets Ajax lose (two goals PSV not counted+penalty would be 2-4 win for Ajax) hoping Feyenoord can be the champion. But Fyenoord is 4th with 18 points behind the #1. Ajax is 7 pions behind (should be 4 because of this match).

I know I will get complains like "Don't always blame the referee." I don't always blame the referee. I most of the time only blame one referee: Pieter Vink, who stole 8 points of Ajax (under his leading this season 2 losses and 1 draw Ajax would've won with a fair referee).

http://www.youtube.com/user/ajax#p/search/1/x_VMHCyWdfQ
AFC Ajax-Roda JC 4-0, 4 goals.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ajax#p/search/1/Ih8Dso70pSI
VVV-Venlo-AFC Ajax, 0-4, 4 goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX0drqtzV5I
WHC-AFC Ajax 1-14, 6 goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVvx0EBkV8Y
Roda JC-AFC Ajax 2-2, 2 goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZXzd8w-S8
AFC Ajax-FC Utrecht 4-0, 2 goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7fceKKGJn0
AZ-AFC Ajax 2-4, 2 goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSYoeNEWx9I
AFC Ajax-Slovan Bratislava 5-0, 4 goals.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

1-Luis Suárez-AFC Ajax-Eredivisie-Uruguay <---- lol

Agree? Discuss.

Some Luis Suárez goals in game summaries he scored often. Suárez has shirt number 16. He is an Uruguayan international, always in the starting lineup (because of him, I hope Uruguay wins the WC while I am Dutch). He scored 26 goals in 25 Eredivisiegames, in 4 cup matches (1 suspended) 6 goals and in the Europe League, 10 games (1 suspended, 1 injured) 6 goals. He is team captain. One of the best players in club history. Luis Suárez is the best Ajax player, wanted by Juventus, Fehnerbahçe, Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, AC Milan, FC Barcelona, Hamburger SV, Werder Bremen, Manchester City, Olympiakos Piraeus and Sporting Lissabon, bids in the winter transfer time varying between 50.000.000 Euro and 200.000.000 Euro, Ajax is very dependant on him, he is a right winger and can also be left winger or central striker. Best as a right wing attacker or central striker, can also be a left wing striker altough he is on the right or in the center better than on the left.
Lionel Messi and Wayne Rooney are scoring as many goals as this guy, but in divisions far, far better than the Eredivisie. Take off those tinted glasses, mate.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

1-Luis Suárez-AFC Ajax-Eredivisie-Uruguay
Sorry, but this is a ridiculous list... How can you even consider putting Diego Forlan on it? I would place Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo, even Adebayor above quite a lot of these names. Does Ronaldinho even play as a winger any more?

Top ten central strikers only.

1. Lisandro Lopez (Lyon)
2. Martin Palermo (Boca Juniors)
3. Diego Milito (Internazionale)
4. Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid)
5. Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)
6. Pep Aguero (Atletico Madrid)
7. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
8. Luis Fabiano (Sevilla)
9. Didier Drogba (Chelsea)
10. John Carew (Aston Villa)

How do you even dare to say that Tevez is a better striker then Rooney?

Anyways at least your list has actual strikers:P

fun fact: cisse has scored more goals than rooney and twice as many as the next striker in the Greek league. that doesn't mean he's better than rooney, not by a long shot. keep that in mind when making your lists, guys

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys, go easy on the kid. It's his own list, own opinion so you don't have to agree with the guy.
I see no point in sharing your "own opinion" if you aren't willing to hear what others have to say in response to what you've said.

So guys,are you interested in any of the FIFA friendly matches this Wednesday?

Switzerland vs Uruguay
and
Germany vs Argentina

These seem like interesting games for me.

Mexico vs New Zealand, lol of course it is not relevant to anyone, yet i still want to see it i guess because of the rarity of that match!

fun fact: cisse has scored more goals than rooney and twice as many as the next striker in the Greek league. that doesn't mean he's better than rooney, not by a long shot. keep that in mind when making your lists, guys
Well that's relative.
Cisse isn't in the premier league, Rooney's not on the greek league. It's hard to compare them.
True that those leagues have a big difference in quality, but to bring down a player's ability based on that is kinda of a low blow.
If that were to be applied (and unfortunatly, it is, by the coeficients UEFA uses to determine the Golden Boot winner), a player, no matter how good he is, would always be dismissed on the grounds of playing in the wrong country.

Seriously?

(I do not think Cisse>Rooney, just using it as an example)

Forlan is a very good striker even having a bad season he has scored 12 in la liga, for actual strikers i would go something like this:

1. David Villa
2. Fernando Torres
3. Didier Drogba
4. Wayne Rooney
5. Diego Milito
6. Gonzalo Higuain
7. Ibrahimovic
8. Carlos Tevez
9. Luis Suárez

From there take your pick

Fabiano, Lisandro Lopez, Aguero, RVN, Van Persie, Anelka, Del Piero, Pato.

if rooney was in the greek league we would be on like 30+
torres and diveba higher then rooney? torres is injury prone,drogba spends too much time on his backside

Forlan is a very good striker even having a bad season he has scored 12 in la liga, for actual strikers i would go something like this:

1. David Villa
2. Fernando Torres
3. Didier Drogba
4. Wayne Rooney
5. Diego Milito
6. Gonzalo Higuain
7. Ibrahimovic
8. Carlos Tevez
9. Luis Suárez

From there take your pick

Fabiano, Lisandro Lopez, Aguero, RVN, Van Persie, Anelka, Del Piero, Pato.
wtf David Villa at no.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)