1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Soon To be awesome Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Dukewarrior13, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Dukewarrior13

Dukewarrior13

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hey everybody i decided to skip the team building part and get down to business of time's sake. I like this team, I really do, its just that it is does its job pretty averagely (that is a real word right?). I want a team that is easy to use and is balanced offensive. So enough of that, lets get down to business.
    The Sets
    [​IMG]
    Physical Sweeper
    Nature: Jolly
    128 Hp/ 252 Att/ 128 Spe
    Item: Chople Berry
    Ability: Defiant

Brick Break
    Substitute
    Sword Dance
    Sucker Punch

I sword dance behind the sub until it breaks. Then I sucker punch my way to victory. I use brick break for those pesky steel types. Sometimes however, I cant pull of a sub so it renders him useless. That being said, he is still one of my favorite pokemon to use despite being a bit unreliable.

[​IMG]
    Bulky Special Sweeper
    Nature: Modest
    170 Def/ 170 SpA/ 170 SpD
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate

Hydro Pump
    Thunderbolt
    Volt Switch
    Hidden Power Fire

One of the most important pokemon of my team is Rotom-W. He take care of Gliscor and Tyranitar with Hydro Pump. Skarmory and Tentacruel with Thunderbolt. Also it takes care of Scizor, Metagross and Ferrothorn with hp Fire. My only complaint with him is kinda how great he is...There is a lot resting on his shoulders, if he is takin out than my whole team will slowly fall too.

[​IMG]
    Offensive Wish Supporter
    Nature: Modest
    170 Def/ 170 SpA/ 170 SpD

Calm Mind
    Wish
    Dragon Pulse
    Energy Ball

I chose Latias over her brother because she is more defensive and more importantly, she has wish. I am unsure of latias's moveset. She has a lot of support moves such as refresh, wish, healing wish, recover and roar but she also has the potential to become a special sweeper. Cant she be both? Help?

[​IMG]
    Bulky Physical Sweeper
    Nature: Careful
    128 Hp/ 252 Att/ 128 Spe
    Ability: Guts

Drain Punch
    Mach Punch
    Bulk Up
    Stone Edge

Conkeldurr is the best bulky phyiscal sweeper in my eyes. He has a priority move, A recovery move and bulk up. Not to mention it can take advatage of toxic spikes because of guts. (This happens fairly often). He can preform as a revenge killer too.

[​IMG]
    Defensive Supporter
    Nature: Jolly
    170 Hp/ 170 Def/ 170 Spe
    Ability: Battle Armor

Rapid Spin
    X-Scissor
    Stealth Rock
    Toxic

WHAT???? A NU POKEMON IS IN OU???? Actually yeah, I desperatly needed rapin spinner and entry hazards so I reached deep in the NU and pulled out Armaldo. He may not have the best stats but he does his job fairly well. My only complaint is his speed.

[​IMG]
    Lead
    Nature: Impish
    4 Hp/252 Att/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

U-Turn
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Hammer Arm

He is the ideal lead. He can outspeed almost the whole tier and he can switch out if necessary. If there is no need for him to switch then he can let rip a volley of high powered coverage moves.

Well that is my team! Please post your ideas about using different ev spreads, movesets or pokemon because i know you have your opinion!

:pimp:

2. Ninetale3

Ninetale3

Hey there

Some changes to bisharp are to give it leftovers since you have two pokemon that can switch in to fighting type moves. Also change sucker punch to night slash for a reliable stab at the cost of priority as well as not becoming total setup fodder.

Now on to latias. You need to choose between calm mind or wish support as blending both together does not work on latias. One hand gives a more offensive presence for the special side where the other would help when your team is getting worn down.

That's all I can say since the team synergy is good.
  3. Nova

Nova Palisades
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hi DukeWarrior13

Interesting team you have here, I really appreciate your use of mons not commonly seen in OU such as Bisharp and Armaldo. Now I have some suggestions for your team. First i would replace Chople Berry with Life Orb on Bisharp. In theory, Chople Berry would allow you to live a Fighting-type attack, but due to a combination of Bisharp's 4x weakness to fighting, average defenses, and the fact that most fighting attacks in OU are very powerful (Terrakion/Lucario's Close Combat, Scizor's Superpower, etc.) it's unlikely that Bisharp would survive even with the resist berry. Life Orb is a better option to increase the damage output of your attacks, increasing the likelihood of a sweep.

Now for Latias, I suggest replacing Energy Ball with Roar. Energy Ball is very weak without STAB to back it up and also provides poor coverage. Roar is more beneficial as Latias is performing a supporter role by removing your opponent's boosts and racking up some hazard damage. Latias still can act as a Calm Mind sweeper on occasion with only Dragon Pulse as her attack due to the fact that Dragon-type has great coverage and you have Bisharp and Conkeldurr to handle opposing Steels. Latias' EV spread should be changed to 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 with a Timid nature in order to speed tie other with Lati@s as well as outspeeding the many Pokemon with base 108 and 100 speed.

Now for some changes in your Pokemon's EV spreads. I recommend changing Armaldo's EV spread to 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef with an Impish nature. There's not much benefit to investing in his speed as even with investment, his poor base 45 speed will still leave him being outsped by most threats in OU. A bulkier spread is more advantageous in allowing you to wall physical attackers and get up Stealth Rock or spin. Now for Rotom-W I suggest changing your current EV spread to one of 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 140 Spd with a Modest nature. This spread lets you outrun all types of Tyranitar and max speed Adamant Breloom while greatly increasing damage output. Lastly, it's probably just a typo but you have 4 too many EVs on Landorus so remove the 4 HP EVs. Also Landorus should have a Jolly nature to take advantage of his unique speed tier.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:
    Show Hide

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    -Calm Mind
    -Wish
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Roar

tl;dr

Show Hide

Chople Berry on Bisharp ----> Life Orb
    Energy Ball on Latias ----> Roar
    Latias' EV spread ----> 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd with Timid nature
    Armaldo's EV spread ----> 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef with Impish nature
    Rotom-W's EV spread ----> 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 140 Spd with Modest nature
    Remove 4 HP EVs on Landorus
    Impish nature on Landorus ----> Jolly nature
  4. Dukewarrior13

Dukewarrior13

Thank you guys fo your help! I did make some changes and made my latias more supportive. i also changed my Rotom-W's ev spread. I cant wait to test it out.

Now all i need to do is login in.......

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)