The Sun Began To Shine (An Uber RMT)

This is an Uber stall team that I have been working on for awhile, if you see any improvements that can be made please tell me. Though don't post about a weakness without telling me what to replace and with what. It stalls (obviously), slowly getting SR and Toxic Spikes down, and once the time is right, I bring out Dialga and sweep through the rest of their team. Most of the times I use it on Shoddy, I win (Though I'm not sure if this is because of bad players/bad teams or not). An intresting thing to note would be everything is either immune to Toxic Spikes or has Rest and thus is uneffected. So.. Rate away!

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 76 Hp/252 Atk/180 SpAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Ice Beam
- Spike Cannon

A Focus Sash on a bulky wall? Haven't seen one of these before. Anti Deoxys-A and Deoxys-E leads, and Groudon/Rayquaza leads don't like it much either. And then for all the other leads, is Explosion.. or I could just switch him out and bring him in later. Spike Cannon 1HKOs Deoxys-A and 2HKOs Deoxys-E, while Rapid Spin removes any of Deoxys-E's plans. Ice Beam, besides from destroying Groudon, Rayquaza and Garchomp, will 3HKO 252 HP 0 SpDef Giratina 100% of the time. Of course since no-one ever sees a spiky shellfish in a metagame where dancing dragons and plotting dark beings run around, no-one knows what to expect. I want to fit Toxic Spikes on here for setting up beside Deoxys-E (mainly to protect me from the soon-to-be-everywhere Baton Passing teams), but there's no room.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 130 HP/176 Spd/204 SpAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Grass Knot

Counter to special sweepers. Dragon Pulse 1HKOs Palkia. Grass Knot for Kyogre and Groudon. Speed EVs outrun Palkia. For those sweepers with big, scary SpAtks.

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
Modest nature (+SpAtk, -Def)
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Overheat

Revenge killer, for Kyogre, Kingra, SD Rayquaza, Darkrai, and anything else basicly. Dragon Pulse is most often used, as it is 100% accurate and doesn't force me to switch afterwards. Draco Meteor is for seeing what they have to counter me, and 1HKOing things such as Darkrai and 1 Calm Mind Latias. Overheat is equal to Draco Meteor under the sun, so gives me another strong attack to use incase they have a steel. Thunder is used for Kyogre mainly, however is also useful when it's raining as an anti-steel move. Used to be Ho-oh, but as someone pointed out Dialga helps cover the threats better. Should I put Ho-oh in somewhere else, for example instead of Latias?

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 210 HP/140 Atk/160 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
Counters things like Deoxys-A and Mewtwo who threaten the team, and is the only one who resists Ice. Meteor Mashes stuff until they stop moving, and a little extra too. EVs to survive a Modest Latios's CMed Thunder, and they also help with switching into Mewtwo and Deoxys-A.

Giratina - A @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

This thing lasts forever, Will-O-Wisping physical threats and/or Phazing them and there increased stats away. No attacks aren't a problem unless this is the last poke.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP/208 Atk/48 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Another physical wall, which sets up the sun for a Ho-oh sweep. Stealth Rock + Sun meens that Lugia can't safely switch into Sacred Fire. Dragon Claw/Stone Edge is for Rayquaza and flying pokes. Earthquake takes care of Magnet Riseless Dialga, Metagross, and basiclly everything that doesn't have wings. Re-sets up sun + Tyranitar counter in one. Roar helps build up Spike/SR damage, and stops Bulk Up/Rest/Sleep Talk/Outrage Dialga incase the steels die. With 208 Attack and Adamant, Dragon Claw does a min. of 65% to a 4/252/252 Dragon Dance LO'ed Ray - a guaranteed KO with SR and Life Orb damage. However if SR isn't up yet Rayquaza would be a problem. With 188 Attack and Adamant, Stone Edge does a min. of 90% to the same Ray, which is a guaranteed KO even without SR, however I have an 20% chance to get swept (...). I chose Dragon Claw for it's accuracy, as Stone Edge always seems to miss when I need it most.

Threat List:

Arceuses

Extreme Killer: Giratina can wall it.
Ghost Sword Dancer: Metagross?
Calm Mind: Metagross?
Fighting: Giratina might be able to stall it.
Grass: Giratina might be able to stall it.
Special Mono Attackers: Metagross walls the Dragon and Ice.
Physical Dragon Mono Attacker: Metagross can get rid of it with repeated Meteor Mashes.
Choice Band:Metagross might be able to wall it if it doesn't have Overheat, Giratina also might be able to wall it, though Dragon Claw will hurt.

Darkrai: Giratina or Groudon take the Dark Void, while Dialga and maybe Metagross switch in after that.
Deoxys: Latias/Metagross.
Deoxys-A: Metagross.
Deoxys-D: Giratina can Rest off Toxic, Metagross can eventually KO it with Meteor Mashes.
Deoxys-S: Metagross walls it.
Dialga: Metagross counters it pretty much; Groudon can switch in too.
Giratina: Wall sets can't really do anything to Forretress while it sets up.
Garchomp: Groudon.
Groudon: Giratina can Will-O-Wisp it, Latias can Grass Knot it.
Ho-oh: Giratina walls it. Stealth Rock also severely damages it, giving it three chances to switch in maximum.
Kyogre: Latias and Dialga.
Latias: Metagross.
Latios: Metagross.
Lugia: Dialga's Thunder does quite well, but the sun is usualy shining. Nothing really hurts it much, but it usually falls after repeated bashing in.
Manaphy: Latias.
Mew: Metagross Pursuits it while Giratina absorbs Hypnosis and can Roar it away. It's not all that threatening anyway.
Mewtwo: Metagross if it doesn't have Flamethrower. Dialga takes out a big chunk of its hp too.
Palkia: As long as the sun is up, he isn't that much of a threat - Latias can switch in if they don't have SR up and OHKO it. Dialga can also come in and OHKO it.
Rayquaza: Groudon survives a DD LO Outrage and can Dragon Claw back, OHKOing if SR is up. Dialga takes care of Sword Dance versions.
Wobbuffet: Magicarp.
Heatran: Latias.
Blissey: Groudon scares it away. Metagross does too.
Tyranitar: Groudon.

Any Suggestions? If yes, post them :D.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dialga will cause serious problems for you team because the mixed version can hit every member on your team at least more than 50%. I might switch lugia with giratina as that would help with that weakness since lugia can stall draco meteor and With the sunlight out, thunder usually wont cause problems.

EDIT: Also forretress is an option over skarm if you feel like your having problems with your opponents spiker or stealth rocker, but you are losing some defense against physical arceus.

Dialga will cause serious problems for you team because the mixed version can hit every member on your team at least more than 50%. I might switch lugia with giratina as that would help with that weakness since lugia can stall draco meteor and With the sunlight out, thunder usually wont cause problems.

EDIT: Also forretress is an option over skarm if you feel like your having problems with your opponents spiker or stealth rocker, but you are losing some defense against physical arceus.
Hmm, though Dialga can cause problems, if I got rid of Giratina other Ho-ohs might also cause trouble. And SR will be more trouble then it is now too. Also, Giratina's Ghost typing helps block Rapid Spin attempts, and it's nice having something immune to random Explosions. I was considering Deoxys-D instead of Skarmory but Skarmory helps counter alot of things, while Deoxys-D doesn't counter much besides Mixed Dialga.

The main thing that caught my attention is that your ho oh is probably the only thing that's stopping darkrai minus the metagross who needs its hp. Also, stealth rocks really messes up the main focus of your team: aka ho-oh. The other thing is that rain based ubers really mess your sunny one up. Palkia can seriously hurt your team whenever rain is in effect, and so can manaphy so as long as latias is damaged enough to be on the defensive (grass knot does less than pulse btw on manaphy). Kyogre itself is also a problem barring that lati@s again. In summary, if either ho-oh or lati@s faints, you get major openings in your team. Imo a wish supporter is best needed here.

The main thing that caught my attention is that your ho oh is probably the only thing that's stopping darkrai minus the metagross who needs its hp. Also, stealth rocks really messes up the main focus of your team: aka ho-oh. The other thing is that rain based ubers really mess your sunny one up. Palkia can seriously hurt your team whenever rain is in effect, and so can manaphy so as long as latias is damaged enough to be on the defensive (grass knot does less than pulse btw on manaphy). Kyogre itself is also a problem barring that lati@s again. In summary, if either ho-oh or lati@s faints, you get major openings in your team. Imo a wish supporter is best needed here.
Yeah, I see what you meen, I rely on Latias and Ho-oh to counter the majority of things, and if I mis-predict it leaves a hole in my team. I also think that a wish supporter would help, but I don't really see any replaceable member of the team. I could run a Wish - Protect - Grass Knot - Dragon Pulse set on Latias, though the loss of Calm Mind hinders me IMO. Also, since 4/6 of the team can heal themselves, I'm reluctant to get a Wisher. I could also put a Dialga in the team, which will help counter all the things you mentioned, but as I said I can't seem to find a place for it. I originally had Dialga instead of Metagross but I had a promblem with a Spec Mewtwo's Ice beam, which Metagross helps with. Thanks for the suggestion though. If you can think of something to replace with one of those, tell me :).

the uber metagame is very special attack oriented so having three physical walls is probably not a good idea

I agree with Latios, skarmory doesn't really look very needed in this team. A foretress, hell even Deoxys-D might be better for this team. Deoxys-D should be prioritized, as it can get at least 2 spikes in, and knock off items. Not to mention 1 special wall for a stall team is pretty low. Foretress however can also use spikes, toxic spikes, and rapid spin stealth rock away so Ho-oh can sweep better, and can temporarily wall Extremespeed Arceus unless it carries overheat. Also not to mention that Lugia can't do shit to it.

Also give Groudon roar. Rest doesn't really help it so much, as it can easily get wiped out in 2 turns.

why would getting rid of giratina make opposing ho-ohs more powerful? Ho-oh is immune to will o wisp.
I run ho-oh too, mine is mixed with sacred fire, hidden power ice, thunder and calm mind and it switches into giratinas will o wisp, is immune then calm minds up

the uber metagame is very special attack oriented so having three physical walls is probably not a good idea
What do you suggest replacing?

I agree with Latios, skarmory doesn't really look very needed in this team. A foretress, hell even Deoxys-D might be better for this team. Deoxys-D should be prioritized, as it can get at least 2 spikes in, and knock off items. Not to mention 1 special wall for a stall team is pretty low. Foretress however can also use spikes, toxic spikes, and rapid spin stealth rock away so Ho-oh can sweep better, and can temporarily wall Extremespeed Arceus unless it carries overheat. Also not to mention that Lugia can't do shit to it.

Also give Groudon roar. Rest doesn't really help it so much, as it can easily get wiped out in 2 turns.
Forretress would need 5 turns to set up all that - quite alot for just one pokemon. It also lacks Roost, so 5 turns without recovering. Can't do damage and no recovery (Blowing up doesn't count - it needs to set up all that stuff you gave it). I chose Skarmory over Deoxys-D for Outraging Rayquazas (and now Dialgas). About only having 1 special wall, I guess that's true but Ho-oh Does have 106 HP and 150 SpDef.

why would getting rid of giratina make opposing ho-ohs more powerful? Ho-oh is immune to will o wisp.
I run ho-oh too, mine is mixed with sacred fire, hidden power ice, thunder and calm mind and it switches into giratinas will o wisp, is immune then calm minds up
Giratina can Roar Ho-oh away.. Hp Ice doesn't do much to it unboosted. Though Giratina is better at protecting me from Choice sets then CMer sets.

I don't understand why you would want Roost on Latias when you can use Recover.
They both recover 50%, no..?

Maybe it is something about the PP. I 'unno.

That's quite a lot of potential phazing you've got there, I think another support move could take the place on one of them.

Changed Groudons EVs to KO Rayquaza with SR. Opionions are welcome whether to use Stone Edge or Dragon Claw (Check Groudon's decription please). Also am thinking of replacing SR and Roar with RestTalk, and putting SR on Forretress. Again opionions are very welcome on both :toast:.

Roost and Recover are identicle on Latias in practical terms. Choose whichever you wish, it makes no difference. Latias is still immune to Ground attacks when Roosting.

Anyways, I can see Kyogre giving you huge problems if they carry a Scizor, because it traps Latias for free. Giving Ho-oh Thunder, or better yet, finding a more suitable revenge-killer would help greatly in this regard.

The only think on your team that can stop a Swords Dancing (or worse, Dragon Dancing) Rayquaza with Flamethrower is Groudon, which lacks recovery. Going with RestTalk Groudon is a choice I agree with.

This team still doesn't like Kyogre in conjuction with Palkia or Kingdra. If it's raining.. good luck. Palkia doesn't really care if its raining or not, since it will fire blast Forretress and Metagross, and Groudon doesn't like it too much either. Spacial Rend disposes of your two dragons if they take a bit of damage.

Choice Scarf Dialga would help revenge-kill Kyogre, Palkia, and Swords Dance Rayquaza, so I could see it being a big benefit to this team.

Switched Ho-oh for Dialga, though now the RMT title isn't appropiate. Oh well. Thinking of leading with Metagross to right away kill those suicide leading Deoxys. Any opionions on this?

Gave Dialga Outrage instead of DM, swapped Forretress's Zap Cannon for Light Screen and took out the mentions of now-gone pokes/moves from the threat list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)