The Team That Has Me Undefeated On The Ladder

This is a team I made (with some help from Justinawe...okay...a lot of help from Justinawe) that has so far gone 12-0 on the ladder. With your help I hope to keep it undefeated.

Made some changes

MY TEAM AT A GLANCE:

The Lead:
@ Black Sludge

Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVS: 252 SP.ATK/252 SPD/4 HP
~Substitiute
~Focus Blast
~Hypnosis
~Shadow Ball

This thing is epic...really. This is the first set (of 3) that Justin suggested. 3 times out of my 12 wins I have swept with this thing alone. The normal first move is Hypnosis, but if I am facing something like an Azelf suicide lead... I would use Shadow Ball while they use (presumably) Stealth Rock. Ghost + Fighting hits everything for at least neutral (as I am sure you know) and Substitiute is to help avoid that certain death. Great Lead...

The Physical Sweeper:
@ Choice Scarf

Jolly
Ability: Guts
EV'S: 40 HP/252 ATK/216 SPD
~Pursuit
~Close Combat
~Mega Horn
~Stone Edge

My replacement for Scizor and someone that goes with the synergy of the team. Scarf is because my team had a problem with Speed before and Guts is for the random Will-O-Wisp. The moves explains themselves (coverage and STAB). Pursuit is there because Heracross forces a lot of switches and Pursuit takes advantage of that

The Sweeper:
@ Life Orb

Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 224 HP/198 DEF/12 ATK/ 76 SPD
~Dragon Claw
~Dragon Dance
~Earthquake
~Roost

My physical sweeper and the usual recipient of Scizor's passes. He comes in on a threat and on the switch he Dances and proceeds to sweep with enchanced Speed and Attack. Ev's provide a Bulkiness to the set.

My Special Sweeper:
@ Life Orb

Hasty
Ability: Flash Fire
EV's: 252 SP.ATK/252 SPD/4 HP
~Explosion
~Earth Power
~Fire Blast
~Stealth Rock

My special sweeper. Not much to say here, Stealth Rock because it has nowhere else to be on the team. Explosion as my last resort move. Fire Blast and Earth Power are for STAB and coverage, respectively. Also, gets rid of Togekiss's Stealth Rock weak.

TheRestTalker:
@ Leftovers

Bold
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP/252 DEF/4 SPD
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Surf
~Calm Mind

Suicune is a ridiculously good poke and CroCune is epic. RestTalk so I have someone to absorb status while Calm Mind and Surf allow for the sweep...unless I face a Vaporeon.

The Dragon Dancer:
@ Leftovers

Jolly
Ability: Sand Stream
EV's: 56 HP/200 ATK/252 SPD
~Crunch
~Dragon Dance
~Earthquake
~Taunt

My last poke and normally the late-game sweeper (unless I have another opportunity to come in). Taunt is to stop any status or prehaps another Taunt that would cripple this set. After that, I DD and sweep with Earthquake and Crunch. T-Tar + Gar = Great Synergy and it rhymes!!!

so, RMT!!

Once again thanks Justinawe for helping me and thanks to whoever rates it.

Argh, the pictures are annoying.

I understand that Suicune is your special sweeper, but know that Calm Mind makes Suicune more bulky as well. You're gonna have trouble defensive-wise if you don't use Rest. I suggest sticking it over Ice Beam, or if Suicune goes down you're gonna have trouble.

I notice that this team might have trouble taking Status. Switching Suicune to a RestTalk variant would allow you to safely have a Pokemon that can switch into a Hypnosis, and be able to work with it, without it fucking up the Synergy of your team.(Although this one does not have too much of significance.)

Another minor nitpick, that is kinda optional if you'd like to change it, but you have Nothing (other than Gengar) to spread status. In the current OU metagame, Toxic Spikes can wear many teams down very easily since they rarely carry a Cleric. Replacing Scizor with something like forry is worth testing, but purely an option.

Argh, the pictures are annoying.

I understand that Suicune is your special sweeper, but know that Calm Mind makes Suicune more bulky as well. You're gonna have trouble defensive-wise if you don't use Rest. I suggest sticking it over Ice Beam, or if Suicune goes down you're gonna have trouble.
i think you're a bit caught up in labeling. this is quite an offensive team, and offensive teams do work. you don't NEED walls. it is but a preference. one can rely on resistances for switches as long as the team's well made.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would much prefer Substitute on Gengar over Destiny Bond - Substitute is far more useful considering how well Gengar creates switches (unless you really want to Destiny Bond and kill Blissey or something - that's the only real use I see from it considering most times you can sleep it and sub and fire away shadowball/focus blasts), but this could just be personal preference. I feel like most things that take down Gengar are faster Pokemon and Substitute lets you get a shot at them before being forced out, not to mention Substitute often helps you avoid a 'certain death'.

I would honestly go with Gliscor over Scizor - Gliscor is far better than Scizor at generating free turns and with those kinds of EVs the same kind of things that will take down Gliscor will take down scizor *anyway*. This way, Gliscor can run something like SR/Baton Pass/Rock Polish/EQ (or roost). If you're intent on keeping Scizor - I'd make it more defensive or consider giving it Quick Attack over X Scissor so you can revenge kill certain threats that you might not be able to stop (unless you really want X Scissor for Cress)

Finally - I don't see why you wouldn't run Heatran over Togekiss considering Togekiss's SR weak is going to prevent it from doing well considering SR is one of the things you should assume to be set up when thinking of battles. Fire blast/Earthpower/Explosion/HP Ice hits nearly the same things unless you really want that 60% luck factor... but I feel as if Heatran's resistances and immunity is far more useful than it.

Sorry if the pictures annoyed you.

You know... I am thinking using Forry over Gliscor for spin and residual damage..and forgoing the whole agilipassing thing altogether.

Can anyone suggest a physical sweeper to replace Mamo then? or should i still keep him without any speed

Well good team overall but Gyarados gives you problems. The only thing you have to outspeed it after a DD is Heatran(which you have to use Explosion to beat it). Deoxys also hits everything on this team for SE damage. Suprising you haven't faced either in 12 matches...

Anyways HP Electric on Suicune will take care of Gyarados well enough, you will have to get rid of Ice Beam though. With Garchomp gone Ice Beam isn't as needed as before. As for Deoxys, putting back Scizor over Gliscor takes care of that, but gets you swept by Lucario. You could try Salamence or some flying type over Mamoswine instead. Scizor and Gliscor on the same team seems unneeded for you.

I have faced a both gyara and deoxys in battle

i beat the gyara in the middle of the gengar sweep and deoxys as well...God i love gengar.

So Salamence over mamo and put scizor back over gliscor..

I will make those changes later

You have 4 water weaknesses, so gengar is you're only "counter" to a water like vaporeon. Vaporeon isn't usually a lead, so if someone has a way of countering Gengar before they bring in Vaporeon, you'll have a lot of problems.

Vaporeon will overall, win the stall war against suicune. Without Calm Mind, Suicune will lose to HP Electric over time.

To be sure Vaporeon/Any Bulky Water would be able to sweep everyone, I thought i should double check. Since special attacks won't do much to vappy, i thought i'd see what tyranitar could do.

STAB Surf from Vaporeon on Tyranitar- 34.08%-40.28%
EQ from Tyranitar to Vaporeon- 23.76%-27.86%
EQ From Tyranitar After DD on Vaporeon- 35.42%-41.68%

With lefties, Vaporeon will kill Tyranitar too. I'm not sure who you want to replace, or if you want to replace anyone, but I'm just noting, that bulky waters are a big problem. Namely Vaporeon.

For Suicune, the set is fine as well. You will need a sleep absorber somewhere on the team. I will address Heatran below. Gengar should have leftovers or Black Sludge if you're using Sub. 0.o

Now looking at the team again, there is NO SR, which imo is not good. The only pokemon that could learn it on the team now is Heatran. This will make the team a little different, but for Heatran, I think RL's set would be best. That is Hasty, max Speed/Special Attack, with the moveset Fire Blast/Stealth Rock/Earth Power/Explosion. This will help with rocks and pure attacking, as LO gives it quite the punch.

Other than that I do not find much fault with this team (kinda biased cause I helped with it though :P.) Some minor nitpicking though, you have Serene Grace as ability for Heatran and Hyper Cutter for Scizor. If you fix the formatting of those it will look much better.

Great Team!

You could try forretress to replace Scizor. he can learn spikes/ stealthrock/ toxic spikes and rapid spin away any entry hazards you're worried about. And when he becomes useless you can blow him up with explosion.

It seems mabye bulky waters could give you some problems. Especially DDance Gyrados. Twave celebi can really screw up your team also. The offensive CM cune can really bash through your team. Heracross seems to be the only thing that would be able to deal the most leathle damage.

If you want, you can replace Heatran with a Metagross.
Metagross can be good as team support. Here's a moveset that i'm suggesting.

Metagross@Leftovers/Lum Berry
Adamant 156 HP/100 ATK/252Def

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Bullet Punch/Pursuit
Meteor Mash

Bullet punch and pursuit are merely preference. Pursuit allows you to hit pokemon such as celebi for super effective damage, and can kill pokemon who try to run away from Metagross. Bullet Punch is for finishing off pokemon with close to no health, and for hitting fast and fragile pokemon before they can hit you. Stealth Rock is a given, as entry hazards stop Focus Sashes from functioning, and are a huge advantage. Meteor Mash is there because of the power it gets. Earthquake is for the coverage. You can transfer the Defense EV's to Sp.Def so that Metagross can survive more special attacks, but I personally think that the Defense EV's will be more useful.

I think that you should go with Subcune instead of Crocune. Subcune allows you to avoid statuses, and gives you the time to throw up a sub.
Here's a moveset i suggest.

Suicune@Leftovers
Timid 252 Spe/252 Def

Substitute
Calm Mind
Surf
Ice Beam

With the timid nature, Suicune can outrun pokemon that the normal suicune can't outrun. It allows you to throw up a sub, then hide behind it and calm mind. Gyarados isn't a problem, as the Defense EVs allow it to survive a few hits before the subsitute fades. After 2 or 3 calm minds, suicune can 2HKO Gyarados. After 3 or 4 calm minds, Suicune's Substitute can survive 2 Thunder Bolts from Starmie.
Crocune can stall, but SubCune has the potential to sweep at any time.

I have been testing Celebi over Hera, and it helps the team tremendously. The only thing wrong with it is that their is a lack of speed, but I feel a skilled player could play around it.

For Suicune like the above poster suggested, I think the Sub set would work best in this situation. Able to block status and get in a couple CM's helps a lot. Only suggestions I can find now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)