The team with no name but which likes Honchrow

Alright, before I begin, let me just say this: I've never done this before. So don't bash me for my lack of in-depth explanations of the use in my different pokes, unless you really have the urge to do so.

With that said, let's get to the team. This team is based around a late-game sweeping Honchrow. No more, no less.

Breloom @ Leftovers | Technician
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP | Adamant (+Att, -SpA)
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Leech Seed

A standard Spore-loom, basically. His purpose is simple, put something to sleep and proceed to... do stuff. After the Spore, he is to take down threats like Terrakion, Tyranitar, possibly Mamoswine, and the likes. He is also pretty efficient to take down opposing Politoeds, although they are not his main priority. Now the reason I use this fighting plant (?) is mainly because I like Breloom. The way he whips his arms around to strike his opponent with massive damage is just too good to drop out. His current purpose is to destroy T-tars and Terraions which apparently walls Honchrow very well. Annoying, but true. He will more than likely be my lead in 90% of the battles.

-I have been thinking about making it a Choice Banded set instead, but I lack knowledge of how a Banded-loom set works.

Dragonite @ Leftovers | Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Attack | Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
-Dragon Tail
-Roost
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave

Your regular Parashuffler. After many games I can say that the synergy between Parashuffling D-nite and Honchrow is about the best there is, as it allows Honchrow to outspeed all of it's targets later on. With some hazards, this is truly the bane of many players. How he even ended up on my team is actually just based on me being tired of the Rain Specs Dragonite, and felt like testing it. At first he was the main attraction of the team, but I later figured that he fits so well with Honchrow that he remained on the team. Without me experimenting with D-nites, I wouldn't discover the power in the Honchrow-Dnite combo. I tell ya', this guy loves shuffling around after switching in on predicted S-rocks, encores, stuff like that. Maybe also grass and ground moves.

-No changes needed unless you think so.

Honchrow @ Leftovers | Moxie
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 hp | Adamant
-Sucker Punch
-Brave Bird
-Substitute
-Roost

The ace of the team, the tuxedo-wearing crow. He is, as mentioned, the late-game sweeper we deserve. Not only is he a champ in his art of killing, he is also a champ in saving me from 6-0s to being 1-0 for me. But even he has his flaws. He will leap into battle late-game, preferably after foddering one of his allies. He will use the wrath of his fallen comrade(s) to slay down every opponent he faces. This devil-bird is nothing to underestimate, especially not when his Moxie not only has one boost, but three.

-I've been thinking about changing the EVs a little, maybe max his hp so that S-Toss and Night Shade won't break the sub, or something like that. Also maybe throw him a Life Orb and the move Night Slash. I'm not sure.

--Change has been done. Honchrow now has Max HP, Max Attack, 4 SpD with Payback over Roost.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf | Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP | Modest
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Focus Miss
-HP Grass

It's a Politoed. A scarfed one. I dunno what more there is to say than he negates opposing Weather and grants some of my pokes additional defences and 100% accurate Hurricane. I simply needed something to erase enemy Sand, Hail or Sun, and this nifty frog came to mind. Hydro Pumps from this fella may not be as powerful as one want them to, but they are mostly two-hit ko's at most that doesn't resist the move. And if he can't do the trick, a Hurricane from his ally Tornadus-T should wrap up everything.

Tornadus-Therian forme @ Life Orb | Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Att
-Hurricane
-Heat Wave/Superpower
-U-turn
-HP Ice

And here's a pokemon I just don't understand how to use. I currently have Superpower over Heat Wave, but I'm debating whether I should switch to Heat Wave. That will atleast give me a surprise factor on opposing teams, I guess. I may also end up removing it completely. I'm not sure. Why am I even using him, you're asking? Well... I wanted to try the monster everyone seems to be satisfied with. Especially seeing that I remember people being all "Nah, Tornadus-T won't be as good as his fellow genies" and stuff before their release. Call him a Revenge-killer of sorts, but to me he just doesn't kill. Anything. He is like an Electivire of OU to me.

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
EVs: 252 Defense, 252 HP, 4 SpD | Bold
-Volt Switch
-Stealth Rocks
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin

The spinner and hazard-set-upper of this team. And the only wall as well. Yeah. Forretress is a cool guy, eh sets up hazards and doesn't afraid of anything. While not only being able to take hits due to his Sturdy, which will give him a free S-rocks or Spikes at minimum, he can also dash out of situations he doesn't like to be in with Volt Switch (For example when the opponent has either a Heatran, Starmie, Latios and the likes) giving me a Secondary switch-in, or a safe one if you may. Due to his lack of speed. Obviously he is my spinner, which is very much needed, seeing that D-nite, Honchrow and Tornadus-T does indeed take a shitton of damage from the rocks. Knowing that all teams need a wall, and knowing my love for defensive teams, I figured Forretress is a must. Because Ferro lacks the Rapid Spin.​

Hey nice team you got here. On Tornadus-T I suggest running Focus Blast > Heat Wave / Superpower. Tornadus-T has a better Special Attack then Attack. If you ever run into a Special Wall, just U-turn out.

Hey nice team you got here. On Tornadus-T I suggest running Focus Blast > Heat Wave / Superpower. Tornadus-T has a better Special Attack then Attack. If you ever run into a Special Wall, just U-turn out.
No no no use Superpower > Focus Blast so you can rail Ttar and the pink blobs, seriously his attack stat is high enough to OHKO Tar with a neutral nature.

The thing about Focus Miss is that I never use it, even when I need to. The 70% screws me over all the time.
No no no use Superpower > Focus Blast so you can rail Ttar and the pink blobs, seriously his attack stat is high enough to OHKO Tar with a neutral nature.
Yup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)