The team with no name... (BW OU RMT)

...because I couldn't think of anything.

Anyway, here's my team. It's gone over a few revision, but most of them made it worse so this is what I've settled on so far.

Espeon @ Light Clay - Timid
252 HP / 252 Spe
Magic Mirror
Reflect \ Light Screen \ Psychic \ HP Fighting

Yeah. My favorite. Helps keep entry hazards from getting set up, and provides a better opportunity for others to set up. Also keeps opponents from going spore-happy (or t-wave happy etc.). Her psychic's not gonna be OHKOing too many pokes, but it's useful to do some weakening on a switch, or if I have to take care of a fighting type like Conkeldurr. Considering replacing HP Fighting with Baton Pass to escape pursuits (since HP Fighting is only like...a 3HKO at the most on Tyranitar), and send them to Terrakion for the justified boost.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers - Modest
252 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
Wiil 'o' Wisp \ Hydro Pump \ Volt Switch \ Pain Split

Water/ice resist, and protection against Donphan, Landorus, etc. Also useful against Heatran, and Blissey doesn't like pain split if necessary. Volt switch for scouting because it lets me lead with him if necessary.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb - Impish
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Poison Heal
Toxic \ Earthquake \ Protect \ Taunt

Blissey waller slash staller-outer, and Conkeldurr check. Also absorbs toxics and twave, or, after toxic orb kicks in, status in general

Latias @ Leftovers - Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
Calm Mind \ Recover \ Dragon Pulse \ HP Fire

Set-up special attacker. I know everyone uses Latios instead but I prefer Latias. She can come in on a lot of threats, particularly when reflect is up, and start CMing up. She can even stay in sometimes when an opponent switches in a counter with non-physical ice moves, as she'll probably get a CM on the switch and another before the opponent attacks. Then, if the attack does less than half, she recovers away the damage. Dragon pulse to avoid the -2 of DM, HP fire to hit Scizor.

Heatran @ Leftovers - Calm
248 HP \ 100 SpD \ 160 Spe
Flash Fire
Lava Plume \ Toxic \ Protect \ Stealth Rock

Someone to set up stealth rocks and burn stuff. Also, a fire immunity, and occasional staller. Toxic so he's not totally laughed at by blissey (and other special walls). I'm considering putting taunt somewhere. But where...

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf - Adamant
252 Atk \ 252 Spe
Justiified
Close Combat \ X-Scissor \ Stone Edge \ ??? (currently Sacred Sword)

This was the guy I've swapped a lot. He works really well as-is for late-game clean up. Thing is, I'm not sure if he's the best choice. He adds another water weakness, plus a mach-punch AND bullet-punch weakness. But who would I replace him with? I tried scizor, but I like having the super fast fighting move. I would do tyranitar, not just in part to be able to remove rain and sun, but again, another water weakness and a fighting weakness, and again weak to both priority moves. Right now Terrakion's not working out too badly, but I can't help but feeling someone else would do better in his spot. Hmm...

Any thoughts? Improvements?

Threat list: (no formatting = low threat, bold = moderate threat, bold red = high threat)

Tyranitar - Terrakion comes in on a predicted dark move, or as a revenge, and KOs it with CC. Gliscor can take variants without aqua tail. Rotom can always burn it.
Blissey - Countered by Terrakion or checked by Gliscor
Chansey - Checked by Terrakion or Gliscor
Skarmory - Heatran
Gengar - Unless light screen is up, terrakion is my only hope, and even then he's beaten by sub/disable variants. If light screen IS up, others may have a chance
Terrakion - Rotom-W
Heatran - Rotom-W
Donphan - Rotom-W
Landorus - Rotom-W
Gyarados - Rotom-W
Conkeldurr - Gliscor can wall it, but can't do much in return without activating guts. Espeon can hit with psychic, but he has to get in and it might not be an OHKO (and the incoming payback WOULD be an OHKO)
Ferrothorn - Heatran
Lati@s - Terrakion can revenge with X-Scissor; if no surf, Heatran might be able to toxic stall
(more coming)

Latias is the 6th. Her picture is just gone, if you had read the post, you could've seen that.

Anyways, the team has some flaws. First of all, I'd like to point out that both Heatran and Gliscor only have 1 attacking move. That's kinda dangerous when your up against something you can't do much against.

If you face an enemy Heatran with your Heatran, you'll only be able to give him a Flash Fire boost, while they can freely do the things they desire. Therefore I at least opt to change Protect on Heatran to Earth Power. That would be a good beginning.

For Gliscor I suggest the next moves: Earthquake | Ice Fang | Swords Dance | Substitute

In this scenario you'll only have to watch out for Skarmory, but with Heatran and Rotom-W , you'll have some options to counter that poke.

The Rotom-W set is a bit weird. I'd change it to the Bulky spread. Else Pain Split isnt going to have much use, while Volt Switch is just weird, because you can't stay in to fire off 1 T-Bolt after the other.

252 HP | 168 Def | 88 Spe
Bold Nature
* Hydro Pump
* T-bolt / Discharge
* Will-o-Wisp
* Pain Split

Latias as the special attacker is nice and all, but Latios just does it better. Remember you got Espeon with Screens on your side, so Latios will be taking the shots rather easy as well. With the Calm Mind set of Latios you might be able to wreck stuff.

* Calm Mind
* Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
* HP Fire
* Recover

You can off course allways take a Scarfed Variant of Latios (with Trick / Draco Meteor / Psychic / HP [Fire]) and change Terrakion to a Choice Banded Terrakion (2HKO's Skarmory with Close Combat after Stealth Rock damage)

Btw, change Sacred Sword to Earthquake (when Scarfed), if you go for Banded Terrakion choose Quick Attack. You'd be surprised how much a Banded Quick Attack could come in handy just to move before the opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)