The Third Smogon Chess Tournament Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RULES:

1. All forum rules apply to this tournament
2. All matches must obey the Laws of Chess
3. Matches can be completed on any platform that both players agree to. The default platform is lichess.
4. Use of clocks are optional, but encouraged (30 minutes per player is a good default time control)
5. Deadlines will be set for matches to be completed. ENZ0 and I will grant wins / losses / draws based on activity if needed.
6. ENZ0 and I will settle disputes on a case-by-case basis. PM us or contact us on IRC if needed.
7. Use of chess-playing computers and anything of the sort is strictly prohibited. Use of opening books, endgame tables, etc. during the match is also strictly prohibited. Use nothing that you couldn't use in a face-to-face tournament.
8. The tournament is swiss-style. 1 point for a win, .5 points for a draw, 0 points for a loss. There will be 6 rounds, and if there is no clear winner, there will be a playoff.

All tournament participants are encouraged to join #smogonchess on synirc! Congregating in one area will make it easy for you to contact your opponent and for ENZ0 and I to contact you.

Had to DQ Atticus and Badass last round for activity reasons. I'm also extremely disappointed that I had to resolve a match between players with perfect records because of activity. That should NOT be happening, and both players involved are on thin ice.

[3]WHITE: Curtains vs [3]BLACK: Eo Ut Mortus
[3]WHITE: ginganinja vs [3]BLACK: moo
[2]WHITE: theangryscientist vs [2.5]BLACK: Umbreon Dan
[2]WHITE: Snunch vs [2]BLACK: Floppy
[2]WHITE: jalmont747 vs [2]BLACK: patronus
[2]WHITE: Stunt vs [2]BLACK: Hyperbeem - activity
[2]WHITE: AlphaJolt vs [2]BLACK: JabbaTheGriffin
[2]WHITE: Da Letter El vs [2]BLACK: kd24
[1]WHITE: Quagsires vs [1]BLACK: ButteredToast
[1]WHITE: Tobes vs [0]BLACK: Darkpenguin67
[0]WHITE: Macle vs [0]BLACK: Shining Latios

[1]Undisputed has a full point bye
[1]ENZ0 has a full point bye

if ENZ0 and Undisputed are both on then I'll get them to play but if not they'll both get the bye

Deadline is Friday, 11/11 at 11:59 PM GMT-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)