The time to fight is now! Ready the cannons! (cannon cup round 1)

Should we extend the time to battle untill monday?

• Yes, Christmas has been making pokemon time become rather slim

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • NO! I want to get my battles done ASAP!

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was JUST asking
there is no need what so ever to get angry here
i am just holding on a conversation, i was curious
thanks for telling me.

I beat Diesel. It was a good match while it lasted there was a D/C but we both agree that I was pretty much about to win. GG diesel and take that those who thought I wouldn't win :P.

Confirming this, don't know how the disconnect happened, but it woulda taken a miracle for me to win. GG CW. WiFi is much harder than Shoddy :( . Especially when you're a nub. :P

May I ask why you even ask when you aren't participating? Anyhow, it's not just that, it's all pokemon with event moves. Sorry, but if we allow them people will complain about not being able to use their "legit" wish hypno's and such. :/ Basically it was to avoid a big fued. (that, and I even said that they'd be allowed if the contestants could find 5 people that said they wanted it, and they couldn't. That was during the sign-up thread btw, not currently going with that little idea.)
I can say with 95% certainty that people A. did not read or B. did not care, and I can say with the same degree of certainty that no one will care if surf pikachu is allowed. Didn't we already go over how this is not at all the same as wish hypno?

I can say with 95% certainty that people A. did not read or B. did not care, and I can say with the same degree of certainty that no one will care if surf pikachu is allowed. Didn't we already go over how this is not at all the same as wish hypno?
If you remember, I said that if you guys found 5 people that wanted it in the sign-up thread than I'd allow it. You guys didn't get five people. :/ I really don't want to get into this if we don't have to.

Still no PM : (
I'll pm R2 for you. He'll respond to me. -_-

It's not that he isn't replying, it's just he hasn't PMed me back saying he is ready with his team to battle.

I just voted to extend the deadline till Monday, even though I already completed my battle. I'm sure Christmas made it really difficult what with traveling and all.

Wow 10 battles not completed. We should start sending out threatening pms.

ROFL what the fuck? Thanks for stating the obvious, we really needed that.

I voted for more time as well due to my obvious circumstances.

Everyone is off of school/work whenever there is holiday, so it is natural that all the tournaments, giveaways and other events are planned during that time. But planning an event over a holiday has it good and bad sides. Lets take a look at those, shall we?
The good is that more people will be able to be on and participate in the forums. So your event will have a good amount of participants.
The bad, is that while people are off of school/work, the reason they are off is due to a holiday. Which most likely means that they will be gone for period of time to celebrate such a holiday.
This being said, both the host of an event and the participants, need to plan out their holiday schedules before signing up.
They need to figure when they will have wifi(if required), and internet access, and also when they will have free time. You don't want to leave your family you see twice a year to go play pokemon!
This is a constant drama and hassle every time an event is planned around a holiday season.
What is the solution?
I do not know.
But I do know that there needs to be one, one way or another.
Do we jsut not have events, i would hope it won't come to that.
So what do we do?

Thats my little rant/speech.

~superpoke
Obviously to participate in this tournament people are going to know they need time. -_- Why would they enter if they didn't know for certain that they had atleast some spair time? Please do stop the spamming of this thread, I know you don't mean it, but that really is a spam post. Some of the posts you make have a great lack of reasoning and intelligence. The way you posts seems like that of an underage user. >.>

That post was the funniest thing I've ever read.

What worries me is that superpoke's location is NYC. Where he should be able to speak splendid English. Not...whatever that was.

If you were trying to say what syberia said you should have just said it not make that really long post....but I don't think its tennis' job to make tournements when other people are available if you sign up for the tournement you should know that you will have some time and if you are uncertain then don't enter it.

On the flip side, why schedule a tournament at a time when you know a lot of people will be unable to play?
Well seeing as a lot of people on smogon are still in school(myself included), I assumed people would have more spair time on their hands.

i was just trying to make a conversation
i do not appreciate your insults at all
i am not a kid

Edit:
what syberia said was exactly what i was trying to say
I don't see how I'm insulting you by telling you that you're posts aren't intelligent. It's not like I'm name calling here. :/
EDIT: I didn't call you unintelligent, I called your posts unintelligent.

That post was the funniest thing I've ever read.

What worries me is that superpoke's location is NYC. Where he should be able to speak splendid English. Not...whatever that was.
Who knows...?

If you were trying to say what syberia said you should have just said it not make that really long post....but I don't think its tennis' job to make tournements when other people are available if you signed up for the tournement you should know that you will have some time and if you are uncertain then don't enter it.
Thank you.

you are saying i am not intelligent, exactly
that is an insult
but whatever, in case you haven't noticed, i deleted the post
if i would've known it would cause such a ruckus, then i wouldn't have bothered
good grief people,must you critique everything?

If you remember, I said that if you guys found 5 people that wanted it in the sign-up thread than I'd allow it. You guys didn't get five people. :/ I really don't want to get into this if we don't have to.
Ok read what I said again real slowly, and then reply relevantly.

Also extending the deadline isn't going to help anyone imo, people just leave it till the last minute anyways. Christmas isn't that good of an excuse, I've been pretty busy this week myself but I got it done, its just a battle that takes 30-60 minutes.

you are saying i am not intelligent, exactly
that is an insult
but whatever, in case you haven't noticed, i deleted the post
if i would've known it would cause such a ruckus, then i wouldn't have bothered
good grief people,must you critique everything?
stop being a drama queen

and tennis, sorry if you posted it already but did you plan on extending the tourney or are we going go to through with it the normal time planned

stop being a drama queen

and tennis, sorry if you posted it already but did you plan on extending the tourney or are we going go to through with it the normal time planned
By later tonight I'll look at the pole, and if the pole sways toward more time, more time will be given.

Ok read what I said again real slowly, and then reply relevantly.

Also extending the deadline isn't going to help anyone imo, people just leave it till the last minute anyways. Christmas isn't that good of an excuse, I've been pretty busy this week myself but I got it done, its just a battle that takes 30-60 minutes.
Oh, I see what you mean now. Sorry, I was a little tired yesterday. Anyhow, if people do use them anyways (which is what I assume you mean.) and people report it, they'll be asked to re-do their matches without the use of it. As for extension, the reason I added the idea was because of LonelyNess. He said that he's been working long hours and hasn't had time to battle. (and I assume some other people have been too... hopefully that's part of the reason...) That's why I brought the idea into play.

EDIT: whoops, my bad. Fixed.

Oh, I see what you mean now. Sorry, I was a little tired yesterday. Anyhow, if people do use them anyways (which is what I assume you mean.) and people report it, they'll be asked to re-do their matches without the use of it. As for extension, the reason I added the idea was because of LonelyNess. He said that he's been working long hours and hasn't had time to battle. (and I assume some other people have been too... hopefully that's part of the reason...) That's why I brought the idea into play.
If I'm hearing you right, you're saying ok its allowed, but if someone complains about its use the match has to be redone? If you think about it thats like a free get out of jail card for someone who loses to someone who uses a surf pikachu =/. If I were you, I'd allow it and if a crowd of people start bitching about it then change it, rather than see it the other way.

Noodle - ?_?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)