The Undertakers of Funeral Parlor (OU Sand RMT)

Okay I lied, I'll start a new post.
1) Okay earlier I suggested Choice Specs Gastrodon or Bulky Gastrodon to stop your Water problem but you said you have a problem with Celebi/ Virizion I suggest Heatran, to help this problem. Now with adding Heatran, you now have synergy with Ferrothorn, which you struggle.

2) Now I still say to add Gastrodon to add synergy to Heatran b/c he will be spammed with Water Type moves and Ground Type moves.

3) Now is the hard part, which pokemon to take out for Gastrodon and Heatran. I suggest you take out Gliscor for Heatran b/c I see it doesn't do too much to help this team. Now if you decide to add Gastrodon you can take out Terrakion for him. With the adding of Gastrodon you will have 3 pokemon to resist Celebi/Virizion. Which is what you needed but you gain 3 pokemon weak to them as well. But they can easily beat them.

Hoped I helped.

Thanks for the suggestions! However, that will actually hurt the balance I've managed to strike within the Team thus far. Adding in Gastro + Tran gives me these problems:

- Heatran still dies to Virizion's CC/Focus Blast and Celebi's Earth Power, while Gastro is easily OHKO'd by their Grass STABs. They will make my problems bigger :(

- Gliscor doesn't do much for the Team? O__o... he is literally my best answer to Fighting types lol. Without him, they can just have a field day (especially Banded Terrakion)... not only this, but Tran adds to this massive weakness and Gastro, being a Spec Wall, can't be taking any of these Phy. Fighting Type hits.

While Gastro + Tran do make quite the Anti-Rain/Sun Pair, they will actually further open up my weaknesses rather than help make the Team more solid. Nonetheless, thank you for giving a Rate!

Finally got around to Updating lol. So here's a list of what's changed:

MixTar > SpDef T-Tar
Phy. Bulky Rotom > Resto
T-Wave > Protect on Ferro
Psyshock > HP Fire on Latios
Threat List Update

Pretty much the only thing I can come up with to change is should I put back Crunch > Ice Beam on T-Tar? This would mainly be for Reuniclus, but also gives him a solid option for any Predicted Politoed/Ninetales Switch Ins.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, I would give TTar Crunch for Reuniclus.

Also I hope you are not using the defensive spread that you posted on the OP on your Rotom-W. For a Pokemon with low HP, such as Rotom-W, you always want to max out its HP before its defense.

Whoa, no idea where those EV's came from O_o... must have copied and pasted the wrong stuff lol. Fixed it, thanks for pointing that out!

And I've went ahead and put Crunch back over Ice Beam. It's already helped in a match where there was an opposing Reuniclus and allowed me to win.

The team is probably about as solid as it can get (without majorly re-working something anyway) so massive thanks to everybody who's given advise and has helped me to further improve the Team. you guys are awesome :3

Most likely my last bump and final question for this Team:

Should I give T-Tar Chople Berry?
- He'll lose a great 6%-per-turn recovery which helps to win Weather Wars, withstand Statuses longer, and fend off Hazards a bit. With Chople Berry, the main advantage would be taking out Reuniclus rather reliably, but I'm not quite sure it helps him in any other situations enough to warrant this change since Lefties just helps general bulk all the time.

Well the Team has been doing great. Course there's always those random Crits and Misses to ruin your day, but otherwise I have no complaints and the Team has performed very well! Here's a few things I've been pondering over though and hopefully someone can give a bit of advice:

With Keldeo around the corner, would it be worth re-working a few things to put Slowbro > Gliscor? He still would function as a great Wall and deal with Fighting Types, but can easily answer Keldeo with Psyshock while Resisting both of his STABs. I'd say the biggest problem are he's hit by Sandstorm (though Lefties, Slack Off, and Regenerator all combat that and give him great Bulk) and he can't deal with Status quite as well as Gliscor.

Chople Berry
252 HP / 20 Atk / 192 SpDef / 44 Spe
Adamant

Even with a -SpAtk Nature and no SpAtk EV's, Fire Blast still gets needed OHKO's and 2HKO's on the important Steel Types. However, now with 44 Speed he's able to Outspeed standard Banded Scizor and OHKO him rather than being scared off by Superpower or U-Turn (Though Bullet Punch still hurts lol).

Adamant, 20 Atk EV's, and Chople Berry are all due to Reuniclus. If I can get medium or better Damage Rolls on the CM one, it's a 2HKO. Trick Room is a bit hard to kill off... I'll be able to live thanks to the Chople Berry and hit for around 75%, die, and then let Ferro come in and finish the job if TR is still up. Of course, if they happen to miss just 1 Focus Blast T-Tar will definitely be able to live and kill them.

The only real loss here is overall Bulk. No more Lefties means any damage taken is here to stay, while not using a +SpDef Nature also means I'll be taking slightly more Damage when trying to sponge Attacks. Is beating out Banded Scizor and Reuniclus worth that?

Of course I still can invest those Points into Speed while keeping a +SpDef Nature and Lefties. That would allow me to retain my Bulk, but beat out Banded Sczior. CM Reuniclus would escape a possible 2HKO while the Trick Room version straight up OHKO's me however.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I don't think you really need using Slowbro on your team that much, as you already have Latios on your team to check it.
However, I think your team could benefit a lot of using Jellicent over Rotom-W. It's a solid counter to Keldeo (especially with Sandstorm in play) and it also gives you an spinblocker, which will help you a lot when dealing with other defensive teams. The speed evs are to outspeed minimum speed Skarmory and being able to Taunt it before it sets up spikes.

Jellicent@Leftovers | Water Absorb
Nature Bold | 248 Hp / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Scald / Will-O-Wisp / Recover / Taunt

Good Luck!

I see what you mean. Guess I was just thinking of Latios more so for Revenging him than a counter since he does take a big chunk, but losing 40% or so and then OHKOing back does make for quite a solid check lol.

Jellicent is a very interesting idea. Ferro + Jelly is always a nice combo, especially when you have something like Gliscor in reserve to handle Terrakion. Spinblocking and being able to further help vs Keldeo are also quite welcome while he still easily deals with Scizor and Skarm. Though Volt Switch will be missed, I'll definitely give him a try!

anyone have any ideas on tweaking T-Tar?

Updated the OP and Threat List some. I changed T-Tar to one very similar to the one I mentioned a few posts up. I must say, the change has definitely let me deal with Scizor a ton so far (especially when used along side Breloom/Virizion/Celebi) in just my ~2 days of testing it as this new set. Double Switching from Latios to T-Tar as they go into Scizor and think "hee, stupid... free kill for me!" only for them to be outrun and OHKO'd is hilarious XD

In fact here's probably the funniest time that situation has occurred, which led to a 3 Turn Game lol:
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-GuiltyCrown-vs-Nobody---2012-05-04-1

I'm still testing out Jellicent, but I guess it's just my more Offensive Playing Style that makes me love Rotom-W more lol. Jelly meshes quite well with my Team, but losing an easy Offensive Option vs Rain and possible Mid-Game Pivot from Walling something and Volt Switching out just doesn't really suit me. I'll keep Testing a bit more, but I think I've just gotten very comfortable with how Bulky Rotom handles.

I thought about giving a Double Dancing Terrakion a try. Not quite sure what Variation of the Set would work the best for me though (ideas anyone?). SubSD has still been doing great, but I figured I'd at least explore my options a bit and see what yields the best result.

EDIT:
And here's a Full Game I just now played where my T-Tar was able to give me the upper hand over a Scizor:
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Socrates-vs-GuiltyCrown--2012-05-05

Goodness Gracious, The updated version of this team is absolutely fantastic. Youve done a great job!

I dont really have any suggestions, except to note that SD scizor with roost is still a slight problem to your team. Im not sure how to solve the problem as of now but will think over it and post a suggestion when i do.

One of the best RMT's and teams ive ever seen imo, and ive seen a lot n_n

Edit! You could try giving Rotom Hp fire over will o wisp to help with that scizor weakness. I guarantee that, with the high rise in SD roost scizor lately, you will not always wanna rely on will o wisps shaky accuracy to cripple it, whereas your rotoms uninvested volt swictch and hydro pump are to weak to damage scizor significantly.

Its such a big threat because the 'new scizors' are loaded with enough sp def to live a celebi hp fire, outspeed the newly speed buffed tyranitars(optimum scizors are reaching 190 now) and still have scouting capabilities with uturn.

Putting hp fire on rotom allows it to get the definite kill on scizor, and put a dent in ferrothorn.

EDIT 2 -_- Just got swept by an SD roost scizor while testing your team thanks to a will o miss lol

Wow! That means a lot Ripamon!! :) Glad to hear my hard work is paying off lol. I'm having quite a blast messing with this Team!

I've had that happen to me before actually. A Roosting SD Scizor just attempted to Boost its' way past my Burn... luckily I still had Gliscor and Ferro who, between switching, Leech Seed, Protects, and Earthquakes, were able to break through him and seal my victory. I'll for sure be giving HP Fire a go since I have had times where Toxic, T-Wave, and WoW have cost me a few games since I got a little spam happy or did something like Burn a Gastrodon or Guts Conkeldurr >.<

Thanks for your thoughts!

EDIT:
XD All the more reason to be giving HP Fire a test run. If you switch to it as well, tell me how it goes if you don't mind!

Well, i thought a lot about hp fire...but burning other rotom and random things like electivire(>_>) and jellicent(volt switch does shit and can be recovered off) is worth more than thinking youll miss a 75% acc move(you'll lose if you miss though). Pokemon is about luck after all... Anyways, i kept will o wisp, created a new alt on PO, and sat and tested your team on the ladder.

1503 in exactly 32 battles from 1000 was very refreshing, and i almost feel as if i made the team myself, its that good.

Congrats again n_n

Good lord, that's amazing! I don't really sit down and test as much as I think things out (like with the T-Tar Spread I came up with. just kept doing Calcs to figure that out) but I think the highest I've gotten was like 1270 on PO mixed with some just fun games on other testings, where as I just started seriously laddering on Smogon yesterday and am sitting around 1150 currently after ~10 battles.

And yea, that's one of the main reasons I have enjoyed WoW... hitting things like Jolteon/Vire and even ballsy Gliscor/Breloom trying to get their Poison Heal activated is oh so satisfying :3

Thanks for giving the team a spin! Glad it's worked great for you as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)