The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop V2 (VOTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, new core time. Time to get dangerous.

Flygon @ Draco Plate, Life Orb, Choice Specs, or Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain / SolarBeam
- U-turn

Special Flygon is something that nobody would dare use because of the very nature of it. It's not got the best special attack, being severely outclassed. What it does have is a speed tier to outspeed Hydreigon and every other dragon out there, alongside nearly every threat to it. Very few things move fast enough to present much of a threat, Starmie being the most notable off the top of my head, but with a diverse moveset accessible and STAB from two of the four moves, Flygon still goes pretty underrated. It also gets Giga Drain, which will put a good dent in any Swampert trying to pick it off, as well as almost any bulky water, ground, or rock-types that would switch in. U-Turn, while lacking both stab and any decent attack power, gets Flygon out in a hurry and saves it to fight another day and potentially get up as a violent late-game sweeper.

(reused because this is just dropped into a core)

Moltres @ Heat Rock
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

This is essentially a modified RU set pulled off the analysis, but it sees next to no use and it tends to go unexpected. The idea is to get Sun up fast as possible, then either set up burns to drop physical threats in their tracks or start pounding on almost anything under the sun (pun intended). It actually one-shots Jirachi with Fire Blast, and Iron Head is a 4HKO in return. Swampert also has a problem, with Solar Beam being up in one turn and OHKOing that as well, 2HKO'ing the fish whose name is hard to spell, and having a chance to 2HKO Cune with max SpD. at about 50%. Overall, this is the one who will Praise the Sun.

Shiftry @ Life Orb, Leftovers, or Muscle Band (yes I said that)
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

The Tailwind support of the team. Chlorophyll makes Shiftry's speed double, then Tailwind for the rest of the team spreads that to make some truly impressive speed jumps. With Chlorophyll and Tailwind under the sun, Shiftry has a good bit of fun on forcing switches to something that can do damage faster than it can, and Swords Dance on the switch brings a good opportunity to punch holes on teams.

This is my core idea. Have fun, go ahead and switch some moves out but the basics have to stay. cx
Reposting from the last one of these.

Another question, can we build more than one team, as long as it's around the same core? That way we don't have to use the same team in the round robin.
I'm gonna have to say no, because this project focuses mostly on the teambuilding and not the tourney itself, and especially since people will be voting on the best single team, I think adding several will make it generally confusing. If it matters ,the teams can be posted after the round robin if you're worried about that. And you can always build extra teams, don't use them in the round robin for sale of simplicity and highlighting that one team around that one core.

200th post yay :)

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Christo The Gr8
LiberalLucario
~Volbeatdown~
LilOuOn
Lord of Bays
Skankovich
teal6
Cnorth26

Please send your teams to me through PM so I know you have built them. There will be a round robin tournament until Tuesday. I'm really tired, so I'm not going to post a bracket, ill just expect you guys to play each other's teams. While not necessary, replays are helpful, and quite impact deciding the votes for your team.

Edit: I feel horrible for triple posting lol
So we just battle whoever we want?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
So that means there will be no winner? each group only has 3 battles (one against each other group) to demonstrate how well the team does?. I'm not entirely sure what a Round Robin means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)