The Unova Triad (BW2 RMT)

Noobs said:
All the new forms suck
No, you suck​

Quick Peek

Teambuilding

This team was originally built simply as a test of the triad's viability in OU before I found out it was bawss

The Obvious assesment was that they'd be best off in the rain, lets thundurus have the power destroy and Tornadus the move that gives it any use

Haxorus was already a prolific threat and it got better with the new tutors, I noticed I had a weakness to the sun and haxorus is one of the most terrifying things a sun team can face

It kinda slipped fast me that Ice was becoming a big problem and chansey a little but still a problem so I went with the only viable bulky pokemon that resists ice and beats chansey

Closer Look

Ribbit (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Scald
- Encore
- Ice Beam

Politoed is obviously my rain producer, it also has great synergy with thundurus. I'm considering switching it for a physically bulky one but I use my specially bulky one because it has good special defense, can be a nice sponge, and it's movesets a crippler. This guy is a good stall breaker with encore and toxic. Usage of scald is pretty obviously just that STAB burn inducer. Ice beam is unorthidox on a wallitoed but I use it to prevent my toed from becoming fodder to dragonite, and help take down mence.

Zues (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus Therian has incredible power, with the choice specs it has 640 Special attack, I'm not sure where its EV's are invested but earlier its Focus Blast hit a blissey at 61%. With the incredible power and the STAB thunder there isn't really much that likes to take that. With the powerful HP ice it can take out all the ground threats that stop it's thunder. Volt switch allows me to hit and run which can be very important at times.

Pigeon (Tornadus-T) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Superpower
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tornadus Therian is good because it's a fast hurricaner, everyones favourite little 120 power STAB flying move. I use Super Power over Focus Miss because Focus miss misses A LOT and superpower hits blissey and chansey harder. I give it choice specs because 319 sp.att doesn't get the job done. The reason I use therian over normal is because it's faster than Starmie, and a bit bulker and along with regenerator lets it last longer and helps it overcome its weakness to stealth rocks.

Crustacean (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Scizor was added to this team to help out with the ice weakness. I make mine jolly and fast because the little bastard can actually outspeed some things that it's useful to outrun. I give it a choice band so it can better access its full potential with its good attack Technician and Choice band. Scizor has a lethal Bullet Punch and Pursuit after technician and U-turn which lets it either hit hard or scout its opponent. Superpower is obviously for getting the best of Ferrothorn, Chansey, Heatran switch ins, Magnezone, And other steels.

Cloud Cat (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

For all you in question that picture is 100% landorus therian. This is the best of the triad, you can send it out on a physical attacker that it usually trumps and you can typically force a switch, while they switch you sub, that's when you asses what to do behind the sub, they send out gliscor you set up SR, they send out starmie you hit it with an EQ, they send out balloon tran you attack it, ETC. I give it stone edge but HP ice is acceptable aswell, stone edge lets me stop d-nites from setting up and lets it work on other flyings/levitators. Not to mention the 427 attack STAB earthquake

Tiny (Haxorus) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Aqua Tail
- Dual Chop

Im considering using a scarf variation to help out with jolteon but for now. This is typically my favourite set in OU, amazing power with that STAB CB outrage which runs through almost everything that isn't steel which it hits with the new BW2 superpower. Dual Chop is for sub breaking and preventing me from getting locked into outrage. Aqua tail is new to haxy, it allows me to hit some grounds and fires powerfully without locking me into outrage, also its power goes to 135 in the rain.

Importable
Code:
[CENTER][B][SIZE=2]Politoed (M) @ Leftovers[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Trait: Drizzle[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE=2][B]EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Toxic[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Scald[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Encore[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Ice Beam[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=2][B]Thundurus-T (M) @ Choice Specs[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Trait: Volt Absorb[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Thunder[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Volt Switch[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Focus Blast[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- U-turn[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=2][B]Tornadus-T (M) @ Choice Specs[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Trait: Regenerator[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Superpower[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Hurricane[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- U-turn[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Hidden Power [Ice][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=2][B]Scizor (F) @ Choice Band[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Trait: Technician[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- U-turn[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Pursuit[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Bullet Punch[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Superpower[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=2][B]Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Trait: Intimidate[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Stealth Rock[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Substitute[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Earthquake[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Stone Edge[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=2][B]Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Trait: Mold Breaker[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Outrage[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Superpower[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][B]- Aqua Tail[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B]- Dual Chop[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Not a bad team, Rwhite :)

Personally, I think you have too many Choice users. I'd give Haxorus LO, Leftovers or Persim berry, and drop Dual Chop for Dragon Dance.

Ice Moves could still be a problem though, two resists for 4 weaknesses isn't enough. You also really need a spinner to ensure Thundurus, above all, doesn't take lotsa damage when switching in. These things in mind, I'd switch something out (not sure which, whichever you find least useful) for a Specially Defensive Tentacruel.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hi there,
i noticed that your team is too weak to ice moves...maybe choice band or choice scarf weavile could sweep you easily, and if you are thinking that a scizor`s bullet punch solves the problem, the only thing the opponent have to do is switching.

Pokemons weak to ice
-Tornadus x2
-Thundurus x2
-Landorus x4
-Haxorus x2

Also you think about that as you say on the final part of teambuilding, but scizor is frail, it has high def (100). but ony 70 hp base... its easily trapped by Magnezone, as you have choice band he only needs to wait a bullet punch and then *trapped* also chandelure that has now his new abilitiy Shadow Tag. Also, predict his switch in could OHKO he.

I think you need to replace Landorus, cause he gives you more waeakness and his speed is not good lol, having the trio in one team is not a good idea. Maybe heatran could do a nice synergy with the other two. But not only that, it can absorb fire attacks that are going to land on scizor.

Hope i helped you :D

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would make Thundurus-T Choice Scarf. You already have a Specs Tornadus-T, and IMO all of your problems are solved with a revenge killer.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
YES, IT IS

Thnx for the rate, the problem is if I replace lando I have a weakness to sand, and chandelure got released?
Well, having weakness to sand is not such a big problem as your weakness to ice...

And yes, Shadow Tag Chandelure has been released :O

Pigeon (Tornadus-T) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 226 SAtk / 32 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Superpower
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Oh, then... life orb tornadus with REGENERATOR is more useful than the specs, this allows you to have more coverage and 30% plus on any attack, regenerator solves the problem of the hp lost by life orb. More Atk Ev's to have U-turn and Superpower more powerful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)