ORAS LC The "untitled" Team(Peaked #2)

Introduction:

Hello guys, LePros here welcoming you to my second RMT I have ever made.I wanted to show you one of the most successful team I have ever made that turned out to work really well on the ladder and carried me up tothe 2nd spot of the ladder! Unfortunately hax didnt gave me the #1 peak but I will update the thread as soon as I reach it! The name was given due to my inabilit of finding a proper name for this team,but it paid off really well!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
I was wandering in the cores site trying to find something good to build around when my eye fell of this amazing core.I was using thiscore in the past as well but I decided to build a nice HO around them.
Magnemite is my favorite Pokemon in the tier so I decided to drop it in the team for no particular reason.I noticed that it makes a nice volt/turn core with Mienfoo as well so the gameplan was changed from HO to BO leaning to balance.

Trapping and killing all the annoying stuff Diglett is undoubtely one of the most useful pokemon in the tier.It just made a good synergy with the other pokemon trapping the stuff its teammates are weak too

This team does not really aprreciate hazards so a spinner/defoger was needed for the team.Sraryu fitted the role perfect providing fast hazard control and checking many Pokemon of the tier.

In order to make the volt/turn core a little more useful Larvesta came as the perfect 6th spot in my team blocking fighting types and Pawniard,which are really overused.

In Depth Analysis:
@ Choice scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Starting of the team is the superstar Of LC it self.Mienfoo can lead most of the times and may even get you a turn one kill if the opponent is not aware of the scarf.Not much to say here provides knock off pivoting and HJK deals an unfair amount of Damage to everything it hits for neutral or super-effective damage.Scarf Foo does not serve as a check but mostly as a savage killer.

@ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
Archen Serves its role as a really nice lead and rock setter.It has a great matchup with lots of leads(even drilbur) and can check everything that is flying type. Trigerring the BJ can helpdeal great chunks of damage and dig holes to the opponent team. Knock off helpsthe team by getting rid of some annoying eviolites and BJs as well as helping against the opponent's lead.

@ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle
- Endure

Really what can I say about Magnemite? It's the most amazing pokemon in LC. Every set of it is amazing : Sturdy BJ , Scarf Analytic, Magnet pull everything. I decided to go with the Sturdy set this time,beacuse it can win whole teams in certain situations. Magnemite can 1v1 almost every pokemon andendurehelps it trigger the BJ if the sturdy is broken by rocks or anything. Magnemite is the best answer to shell smash users as well.

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Beat Up
I know what you are already thinking. Beat UP?! what a garbage! But let me explain... 2 things I hate in LC are Abra and Ghastly. They carry Focus Sash 90%. So Dig can switch into them trigger the sash and get rid of abra and ghastly early game. Plus nobody expects that. It can also kill every LO diglet and work as a risky soft check for Chinchou.

eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Nothing really unusual here.Just a Staryu doing its normal role. As I mentioned before this team does not Areciate rocks and entry hazards in general,due to the fact of larvesta and 2 sturdy Mons. So themost reliable spinner in the tier is this IMO. It can also burn opposing Foos and Pawns and works as a fast Scald In general.

@ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

The last Part ofthe puzzle is this guy. Larvesta is a really fat Mon and as long as there are no rocks in the field it can enter in as many times as it desires. It frces switces. U -turns out, Brings tons of momentum, and win the game. It works as and exellent foo (excpet the shity Stone Edge set) check, as long as a foongus and a Pawniard one. I never Lead with Larvesta cause it really is slow and does not provide any help.
This guy. I literallyhave nothingsafe to switch into it. You have to keep sash and sturdy up to win it and have Larvesta at highHP in order to #prayforburn.

This thing is a real pain if it does not get knocked out fast. Most of the time I have to sack one ofmy mons in order to win this.Only archen and Foo can deal with it succesfully but you need to beat it fast before it sets Up.

Chincou is unpredictable. the main scenario goes like this: switch to Staryu , eat the scald, switchto diglett , don't eat the V-switch ,kill it. But the eviolite set doesnt even get OHKOed by sash diglett. You can also immediatly swith to diglett but it is risky if you get the burn.

Here is the Importable in case you wanna use the team

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle
- Endure
Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Diglett @ Focus sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Beat Up
Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp - Morning Sun

And Here are 2 replays I managed to Save
Replay 1 :http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-310442829 vs Eniigma
Replay 2 :http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-308082284 vs eniigma again xD

Final Thoughts and Wishes:
Coming in the end of my RMT Iwould like to apologise for some errors you may notice I really couldnt fix it.
Also, I would like to see some new faces in the LChigh ladder cause the old ones have really disspaointed me with the bad attitude they are showing. I don'twant tosay the names and by no means say the LC community is bad,cause it just has ntohing to do with it. So I Hope 2016 bring some changes to the LC scene!I hope you liked my team and presentation and Happy New Year everyone!LePros out!!

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hello LePros,
Congratulations on the high ladder ranking! You definitely earned it; all of the voltturners and hard hitters are sure to be quite a handful for your opponents.

For the most part, you deal with common threats very well (including Zigzagoon, because it looks like it lacks set-up opportunities without Memento, but Memento attempts tend to be pretty easy to figure out in advance). The one sweeper that I really see your team struggling against is, as you mentioned yourself, Bulk Up Timburr, which can set up on a good half of your team and muscle through most of it. I don't want to suggest a major Pokemon or set change because of how solid your team is against everything except for Timburr; making major changes could just end up opening different holes. Instead, I would like to offer a few minor suggestions that you can try out if you wish.
Ice Beam is not as useful a move on Staryu as it used to be. Most Pumpkaboo variants are 25 HP/16 SpD, which Ice Beam doesn't usually 2HKO even after Pumpkaboo has been Knocked Off, which isn't great when considering how your opponent will likely be preserving Pumpkaboo's Eviolite if they need hazards kept. Drifloon variants tend to be EVed to survive an Ice Beam after Stealth Rock, so you'll likely just be popping Berry Juice there as well. Psychic over Ice Beam is mostly so that you can click Rapid Spin without fear even if they have a Gastly; in this case, it helps against Timburr, too. You'll still end up losing in a 1v1 scenario, but at least Staryu will be able to weaken Timburr enough to not simply be set-up bait.
My remaining suggestions I am much less set on, but they may have merit. Memento over Rock Slide would make it harder for Timburr to set up on Diglett, in addition to generally being a useful move. Rock Slide on Diglett helps against Flying-types and Larvesta. However, you have Larvesta and Archen covered quite well by the rest of your team, and Vullaby takes pitiful damage from Sash Diglett's Rock Slide (defensive variants aren't even 2HKOed after Stealth Rock), and Fletchling is hampered by Memento. If you make both this and the previous change, then the only Pokemon Timburr will really be able to set up on is Magnemite.
There are times when Will-O-Wisp is appreciated, but more often than not, Flame Body and Morning Sun spam on Larvesta will suffice in getting the burns that you need. With this in mind, Larvesta will almost always find itself losing its Eviolite over the course of the match to Pawniard or a Fighting-type, so you could try using Acrobatics over Will-O-Wisp to help slightly against Timburr.
None of these changes will completely eliminate your Timburr weakness. However, they should help to make the match-up more bearable, and will not significantly affect the overall structure of your team.

That's all I have for now. Great work, and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)