The UU MasterChef Season 1 (won by warzoid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Here is the updated voting template (and since I will be voting, this post will be subject to change):

CREATIVITY
1. eaglehawk - While Omastar and Kabutops seem to be fit on rain teams, it can do significant work even without Rain. This is one of the rare people who made use of Dual Screens comfortably.
2. Mr. Highways - Dual Tailwind isn't common these days, and I also appreciated a very reminiscent Lead Archeops set.

ELEVATION
1. Mr. Highways - Archeops's and Tyrantrum's roles fit very well in this team.
2. eaglehawk - I was actually torn whether I'd go for either eaglehawk or z0mOG in this slot because of how the fossil Pokemon would affect the overall presence of the team. z0mOG's Aerodactyl was pretty messed up in my opinion, since setting up Stealth Rock and Rain Dance is very hard with Focus Sash equipped. On the other hand, eaglehawk, while Kabutops may not be needed, has Omastar doing significant work in setting up Stealth Rock, which gives it the edge over z0mOG.

EFFECTIVENESS
1. eaglehawk - The team just wrecks everything with the right set-up conditions. I find Defog Empoleon, however, to be quite an annoying Pokemon to face as that renders your hard work from Screens and Stealth Rock futile before you can even set up.
2. Mr. Highways - Next time, make sure that your team is ready before you battle. I see Strong Jaw Tyrantrum, lol. Nevertheless, the team has a decent sense of direction, which gives you the edge over z0mOG in this slot.

Note that explanations are welcome, but are not required.

Last edited:

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
CREATIVITY
1. eaglehawk - Dual screens offense is a rare and unorthodox playstyle.
2. Mr. Highways - Some standard sets, but the Tailwind Whimsicott and RestoChesto Cune are creative choices.
ELEVATION
1. Mr. Highways
2. z0mOg
The fossils seem like the most replaceable part of eaglehawk's team, but they serve a more central role in the others.
EFFECTIVENESS
1. Mr. Highways - Doesn't auto-lose to Cune or Hydreigon.
2. eaglehawk - Doesn't auto-lose to Cune.

Euphonos

List of votes (these will reflect in the spreadsheet):
  • CREATIVITY
    1. Hogg - eaglehawk, Mr. Highways
    2. Malin - eaglehawk, Mr. Highways
    3. warzoid - eaglehawk, Mr. Highways
    4. King Wynaut - z0mOG, eaglehawk
    5. Euphonos - eaglehawk, Mr. Highways
  • ESSENCE
    1. Hogg - Mr. Highways, z0mOG
    2. Malin - Mr. Highways, eaglehawk
    3. warzoid - Mr. Highways, z0mOG
    4. King Wynaut - z0mOG, Mr. Highways
    5. Euphonos - Mr. Highways, eaglehawk
  • EFFECTIVENESS
    1. Hogg - Mr. Highways, eaglehawk
    2. Malin - eaglehawk, Mr. Highways
    3. warzoid - Mr. Highways, eaglehawk
    4. King Wynaut - Mr. Highways, eaglehawk
    5. Euphonos - eaglehawk, Mr. Highways
. . . . . . .

The results have been encoded! Congratulations to the people who excel in each of these categories:
. . . . . . .

The winner for this cycle of MasterChef belongs to...

Congratulations to all winners, and thank you to those who have participated! The third cycle will be up shortly!

Euphonos

Hello, everyone! The third cycle of the season has begun!

Builders who wish to participate in this cycle, you may now open the (improvised) Mystery Box (for now).

ROYALS!

With the host nv selecting Nidoqueen as the Pokemon of choice to be paired in the Underused Matchmaking Project, the eventual Hall of Famer Eutychios has formulated a Pokemon that would help Nidoqueen fulfill its role, and it's no other than Hydreigon, due to its good offensive and defensive synergy between each other. With that in mind, participants must build a team featuring those two Pokemon. nv and Eutychios have posted the suggested sets shown below, but you may tweak those sets as you may please.

Code:
Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Builders have until
FRIDAY, JULY 29, 11:59 PM EST
to make a team worthy to be etched in the Hall of Fame!

What are you waiting for? Get out there and start cooking!​

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Aerial Ace

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Vacuum Wave

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 244 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Seed Bomb

This one was an easy one for me. I've built a lot of HO around Nidoqueen and basically, this was me attuning an older team for the new mons. Knowing I'd have problems with fat special walls, I immediately went for band Krook to smack things around and remove items. Mega Aero was already on the team from before, and helped with luring in things like doublade and whatnot and hitting ghosts and psychic types with crunch because that's helpful. Hydreigon and Nidoqueen went on because mandatory part of the core, though I'd honestly prefer a different dragon. Ape because I was lacking in any ways to break down fat physical walls like umbreon and shiz. SD Pass Celebi because bulky water check and can win turns by passing to MAero.

That's all I've got to say there. Replays below.

Boy, i've been gone for 2 weeks. (or maybe more) and been attaching myself to leauge that i forgot about smog and most importantly this. ya boy is here now. I'm ready to take my part in this once i get used to the meta again. >;)

Last edited:
Reactions: nv
How to Create Gods

Team:

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Poison Jab
- Thunder
- Hone Claws
- Blizzard

Hydreigon @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Pulse
- Work Up
- Dark Pulse

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Flare Blitz

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Azelf @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Explanation:
This idea came to me when I realized Euphonos tried to disable my only way of winning Pokemon games. Nidoqueen and Hydreigon seems so cut and dry to the point where it seems like you can't become any more creative than what they already are, right?

Wrong.

I decided to build Dual Screens because it's my favorite playstyle. Because it's dual screens, I had to make sure that both Nidoqueen and Hydreigon both received boosting moves. Alas, they did. Hone Claws Nidoqueen came to me as an idea back when I played a lot of Gen V OU. Back before B2W2, Hone Claws Mixed Nidoking was apparently a thing, and it was a good tool to catch some of the more meta Pokemon off-guard. HC Nidoqueen would've already been too confusing to play around, so throwing in Blizzard and Thunder will get some sneaky kills. The reason I don't have EVs invested in SpAtt is because of Blizzard and Thunder's high base power and 1.69x power boost courtesy of Sheer Force. Hydreigon received Work Up. Although I was initially dismayed by the fact that it only had such a pedestrian move, I soon realized that I could just run a traditional mixed wallbreaker Hydreigon with Work Up. I opted for Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor because -2 Special Attack drops are counterintuitive to Dual Screens. Both Pokemon so far have no method of boosting their Speed. Thankfully, the UnderUsed Council decided that Speed Boost + Baton Pass isn't broken here; thus, I went with Speed passing Combusken. It does kind of suck that I am down one sweeper, but Combusken can sometimes function as a pretty good late game cleaner thanks to Flare Blitz's high base power.

The last two Pokemon were there simply to tie up some loose ends. Abomasnow helps me deal with the tier's many Water-types and Whimsicott, wallbreaks, as well as functions as a late-game win condition. I also needed a way to deal with Sableye. I decided that Conkeldurr would be a nice addition since it can absorb the Will-o-Wisps and kind-of pressure Sableye with repeated Knock Offs. Not the best option for the team, but certainly a novel one. Azelf is standard Dual Screens Azelf.

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sableye: 157-185 (51.6 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This calculation is without items, so Conkeldurr can in fact stall out Sableye's recovers (asssuming a burn). This is when Sableye has an item:

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sableye: 233-275 (76.6 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Replays:
Win against Aaarmy: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407330120
Loss against thehongkong56: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407330945
Win against DrakoCSi (via forfeit): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407329922
Win against Euphonos himself (via forfeit): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407332703
NOTE: Euphonos missed on Megahorn, which was a critical hax of the game. Regardless, good game.
Win against db1984 (via forfeit): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407358693

Last edited:

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 56 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 80 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz
Went with the suggested sets for Nidoqueen and Hydreigon, giving Nidoqueen enough speed to creep Modest Sylveon. Since both pokemon are special attackers, I decided to use a NastyPass Celebi to boost their power. Celebi has enough speed to outrun Krook and enough SpDef to switch into Life Orb Heliolisk. Shuca SD Cobalion gives the team another sweeper and a check to Hydreigon, Beedrill, Aero, and Snorlax. Stone Edge helps versus Gyarados and Mence (which wasn't banned yet when the round went up). Mega Blastoise gives the team a tanky fire check and hazard remover, as well as a third potential Baton Pass recipient. EVs creep Jolly Crawdaunt. With Blastoise's reliable spinning, I felt free to add banded Entei to help against Sableye, Cresselia, and Florges. It completes a FWG core and provides some strong priority as well.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-uu-181190 - UU Open game versus captivity
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407271619 - clutching it out in an even matchup
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407279738 - Celebi puts in work in a room tour final

How to Create Gods

Team:

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Poison Jab
- Thunder
- Hone Claws
- Blizzard

Hydreigon @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Pulse
- Work Up
- Dark Pulse

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Flare Blitz

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Azelf @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Explanation:
This idea came to me when I realized Euphonos tried to disable my only way of winning Pokemon games. Nidoqueen and Hydreigon seems so cut and dry to the point where it seems like you can't become any more creative than what they already are, right?

Wrong.

I decided to build Dual Screens because it's my favorite playstyle. Because it's dual screens, I had to make sure that both Nidoqueen and Hydreigon both received boosting moves. Alas, they did. Hone Claws Nidoqueen came to me as an idea back when I played a lot of Gen V OU. Back before B2W2, Hone Claws Mixed Nidoking was apparently a thing, and it was a good tool to catch some of the more meta Pokemon off-guard. HC Nidoqueen would've already been too confusing to play around, so throwing in Blizzard and Thunder will get some sneaky kills. The reason I don't have EVs invested in SpAtt is because of Blizzard and Thunder's high base power and 1.69x power boost courtesy of Sheer Force. Hydreigon received Work Up. Although I was initially dismayed by the fact that it only had such a pedestrian move, I soon realized that I could just run a traditional mixed wallbreaker Hydreigon with Work Up. I opted for Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor because -2 Special Attack drops are counterintuitive to Dual Screens. Both Pokemon so far have no method of boosting their Speed. Thankfully, the UnderUsed Council decided that Speed Boost + Baton Pass isn't broken here; thus, I went with Speed passing Combusken. It does kind of suck that I am down one sweeper, but Combusken can sometimes function as a pretty good late game cleaner thanks to Flare Blitz's high base power.

The last two Pokemon were there simply to tie up some loose ends. Abomasnow helps me deal with the tier's many Water-types and Whimsicott, wallbreaks, as well as functions as a late-game win condition. I also needed a way to deal with Sableye. I decided that Conkeldurr would be a nice addition since it can absorb the Will-o-Wisps and kind-of pressure Sableye with repeated Knock Offs. Not the best option for the team, but certainly a novel one. Azelf is standard Dual Screens Azelf.

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sableye: 157-185 (51.6 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This calculation is without items, so Conkeldurr can in fact stall out Sableye's recovers (asssuming a burn). This is when Sableye has an item:

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sableye: 233-275 (76.6 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Replays:
Win against Aaarmy: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407330120
Loss against thehongkong56: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407330945
Win against DrakoCSi (via forfeit): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407329922
Win against Euphonos himself (via forfeit): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407332703
NOTE: Euphonos missed on Megahorn, which was a critical hax of the game. Regardless, good game.
Win against db1984 (via forfeit): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407358693
You must use Choice Scarf Hydreigon and SR Nidoqueen with the correct spread. Also, Nightingales, you must use the correct EV Spread in Nidoqueen.

Euphonos

Time's up! Hands in the air! Great job.

These are the entries for this week's cycle:

- Nightingales
- eaglehawk
- warzoid

(This week is rather disappointing because the theme is rather easy and expected a good turn-out of participants from there.)

Everyone is asked to vote for the top two picks in the following categories:
  • CREATIVITY - Does the team made use of unusual Pokemon and/or sets that are very intriguing at first glance (required Pokemon included)?
  • ESSENCE - Are the required Pokemon of great help to the team's overall presence?
  • EFFECTIVENESS - Is the team worth a masterpiece to use in tours even for Smogon Grand Slam's UU Open?

Everyone has until July 31, Sunday, 11:59 PM EST to vote for the top teams. As always, I expect more votes this time. Start voting!

Creativity-Eaglehawk,Warzoid
Essence- Eaglehawk,Warzoid
Effectiveness-Nightingales,Warzoid

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Creativity - Warzoid/Nightingales
Essence - Warzoid/Nightingales
Effectiveness - Warzoid/Nightingales

Euphonos

CREATIVITY: I am going for eaglehawk and Nightingales in this criteria because warzoid's team, while has a hint of creativity, didn't break too much ground with creative options.
ESSENCE: I am going for warzoid and Nightingales in this criteria because they actually maintained the essence of how the core should work; eaglehawk became quite wack and became more obsessed in Baton Pass than warzoid.
EFFECTIVENESS: I am going for warzoid (due to its use in a UU Open game!) and eaglehawk (due to how deadly that team is with the right support, as usual) in this criteria because Mamoswine would be a very threatening mon for Nightingales's team to face.

Euphonos

List of votes (these will reflect in the spreadsheet):
  • CREATIVITY
    1. Mr. Highways - warzoid, Nightingales
    2. King Wynaut - eaglehawk, warzoid
    3. Pinkin Lark - eaglehawk, warzoid
    4. Eutychios - warzoid, Nightingales
    5. Euphonos - eaglehawk, Nightingales
  • ESSENCE
    2. King Wynaut - eaglehawk, warzoid
    3. Pinkin Lark - warzoid, eaglehawk
    5. Euphonos - warzoid, Nightingales
  • EFFECTIVENESS
    2. King Wynaut - Nightingales, warzoid
    3. Pinkin Lark - warzoid, eaglehawk
    5. Euphonos - warzoid, eaglehawk
. . . . . . .

The results have been encoded! Congratulations to the people who excel in each of these categories:
  • CREATIVITY: eaglehawk (technically tied with warzoid but granted the win for being selected as the top pick thrice)
  • ESSENCE: warzoid
  • EFFECTIVENESS: warzoid
. . . . . . .

The winner for this cycle of MasterChef belongs to...

Chef warzoid!

Congratulations to all winners, and thank you to those who have participated! The fourth cycle will be up shortly!

Last edited:

Euphonos

Hello, everyone! The fourth cycle of the season has begun!

Builders who wish to participate in this cycle, you may now open the (improvised) Mystery Box (for now).

MYSTERIES OF THE MACABRE!

The character Gepopo, the chief of the secret police of Brueghelland, approaches Prince Go-Go to warn him and the people of Brueghelland that intelligence has learned of a huge comet heading through space towards them which will destroy their planet. Unfortunately, Gepopo is paralyzed with fear and paranoid hysteria, so his almost unintelligible, coded warning is not easily understood by Prince Go-Go, who, mainly interested in a hearty meal, drives Gepopo to further convulsions of highflying vocal panic as the piece draws to a anxiety-ridden finale. The chamber orchestra mimics and grotesquely accompanies the soloist, with cock-crows from the contrabassoon, a sinister trombone solo, police and slide-whistles, whispered vocal sounds and a countdown screamed out by the players as Gepopo cries out desperately for help (Hannigan).

Adaam has posted a rather balanced core in the UU Cores thread that can take advantage of Toxic Spikes by obliterating any Grounded Poison-type standing in its way; Tentacruel and Krookodile fit the bill very well. To prove how effective the core is, participants must build a team featuring those two Pokemon. Again, Adaam has suggested the sets as shown below; however, participants may tweak those sets as they may please.

Code:
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Acid Spray

Krookodile @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Builders have until
FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 11:59 PM EST
to make a team worthy to be etched in the Hall of Fame!

What are you waiting for? Get out there and start cooking!​

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
I built this team for the suspect test ladder where it got me reqs. Very solid squad.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Taunt

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- U-turn

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass

Since Mence wasn't allowed on the suspect ladder I wanted to use an old favorite of mine that I hadn't used for a while: Sub+SD Cobalion. I paired it with Roost Mega Aerodactyl to have an reliable answer to Crobat and Chandelure, both of which Cobalion can't hit without Stone Edge. Taunt is there because at the time there was this Sticky Web team running havoc on the ladder and this team hates webs + spin blocking. The combination of Taunt + Roost also allows Aero to break a good portion of defensive Pokémon in UU, which is appreciated by Cobalion. Next I added Banded Krookodile because I can't seem to build a team without it it traps bulky Psychics with Pursuit, deals with Doublade and negates passive recovery on Cobalions switch-ins with Knock Off, making them easier to overwhelm with a +2 boosted attack. At this point I had 3 physical attackers weak to water, so I needed a Scald switch-in. Therefore SpDef Celebi was added to the team. It acts as a pivot that deals with bulky Water and Ground types and reliably sets up Stealth Rock. No Fairy resist, the lack of an Entei switch-in and no hazard removal made me add Utility Tentacruel to the team which has excellent defensive synergy with Celebi and forms the hazard control core of this team. Last but not least I really wanted a hard special hitter since I opted to use Rocks Celebi over NP and what better nuke is there than Specs Sylveon? It provides my team with a Dragon switch-in (looking at you Hydreigon) and lures in bulky Poison types (Nidoqueen, Tentacruel, ...) for Krookodile which appreciates the opportunity to spam its powerful attacks or weaken them with Pursuit (which is good for Cobalion; the circle is complete).

Changes I have considered include offensive Celebi over SpDef Celebi to help with the glaring Krookodile and Toxicroak weakness and Haze or Acid Spray over Knock Off on Tentacruel to deal with set up sweepers better. Taunt on Aerodactyl is also interchangeable with EQ or Pursuit.

Replay 1: Both Krookodile and Tentacruel put in the finest of work this battle.
Replay 2: Some misplays on my part early- and mid-game made this more difficult than it should have been. Could have played more aggresive in hindsight. Celebi for president though.
Replay 3: Only had 2 games from suspect ladder saved so I played some games earlier looking for a halfway decent representation of the team. Played carelessly with Krook (which destroyed him) but besides that I was pretty content with the outcome.

Unfortunately I don't have a Cobalion sweep saved, I might add a 4th replay later featuring one (:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)