~The Way Of The Samurai... x2 ~ {OU 2v2}

a team that i have made specifically for nintendo competitions, With the new Japanese rules i wondered if this team may fair well against the Ubers and T-tars coming. Please Rate!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AT A GLANCE

----------------------------------------------------------------------
THE TEAM

Aerodactyl @ focus sash
pressure
252 attack / 252 speed / 4 hp
Jolly
-Rock Slide
-ice fang
-EarthQuake
-taunt

the set is fine, but the spread was weird. A more offensive spread is better. In such a fast paced game life orb will be more beneficial. If there is item clause focus sash is good as hippo's are quite common and aerodactyl isnt affected by the storm.Taunts stops things like trick room setups, and other moves like spore, and dark void. ICe fang for dragon.

Gengar @ choice scarf
Levitate
252 spatk, 252 speed, 4 hp
timid
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Bolt
-trick
-energy ball

Gengar with a scarf to outrun and then trick the scarf onto another pokemon, easily allowing me to change the tactics of the opponent. shadow ball is a decent STAB move, and thunder bolt is for coverage for flying and water types, whereas energy ball is for swampert and other ground/rock types. the ev spread is to make sure that gen has max SPATK and Speed, to outrun an opponent without the scarf, and then to hit them hard with the corresponding move.

aRCANINE @ life orb
Intimidate
252 speed, 212 spA, 44 atk
naive
-Dragon pulse
-heat wave
-Protect
-extreeme speed

Heat wave hits 2 targets, much better for the vgcs, dragon pulse is great for all the garchomps and salamences. +speed nature to outrun neatral dragons. Extreme speed is a good priority move that can be useful. Arcanine needs the power so life orb ir great, and use rash with extremespeed so you dont lower attack and you wont need the extra speed to outrun dragons.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Sand Veil
252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Jolly
-EarthQuake
-Dragon Claw
-Brick Break
-rock slide

Garchomp, with a yache berry to reduce ice hits, and it is in a +speeed nature, which will give me the advantage against other garchomps (unlessed scarfed) earth quake is to hit any rock, steel type like metagross and gets STAB. Dragon Claw is for a good STAB move that is not resisted by many. Brick break is for dark type coverage which gengar will have touble with. Rock Slide has the double battle advantage over stone edge and has a flinch rate. tHe ev spread is to allow garchomp to give a hit, and to be the first to hit.

So thats it please comment, and no going off topic please!!!

íts being a long time buddy,i see you got yourself a team for 2V2 battles,lets see what i can do...fighting and ground got redutand coverage on the same set,and chomp learn some other physical moves,correct me if i am wrong,but outrage hit all pokemon in field right? if that is not the case i sugest you switch dragon claw for outrage,i know the situations you had with stone edge in the elite 4,so i wont sugest over rock slide,brick break can be replaced for crunch,i am sure it learn by level,given the fact that this team is not for shoddy,you probaly wont meet 1000 scizors and mences by hour,so its a fine replacement for dealing with ghost type pokemons,remember that neutral earthquake will do the same damage has super effective brick break,so only if the dark type is double weak to fighting or resist ground,earthquake is the best choice you got,arcanine got protect,so you might really try outrage on garchomp and protect on the turn he outrage,yea it will only work once but you might pull some luck out,ice and rock got redutant coverage,and you got EQ and rock slide to deal with flying pokes,so i sugest you switch ice fang for...well it depend,dragon claw or crunch are both fine ideas,they wont normaly miss so its not to much of a problem,well good luck in your double battles!

edit=on the last part about rock and ice i was talking about aero

íts being a long time buddy,i see you got yourself a team for 2V2 battles,lets see what i can do...fighting and ground got redutand coverage on the same set,and chomp learn some other physical moves,correct me if i am wrong,but outrage hit all pokemon in field right?
It hits opponents pokemon randomly

if that is not the case i sugest you switch dragon claw for outrage,
Well i chose Dragon Claw becaue i did not want to get trapped in a single move while two pokemon can attack garchomp
i know the situations you had with stone edge in the elite 4,so i wont sugest over rock slide,
thank you
brick break can be replaced for crunch,i am sure it learn by level,given the fact that this team is not for shoddy,you probaly wont meet 1000 scizors and mences by hour,so its a fine replacement for dealing with ghost type pokemons,remember that neutral earthquake will do the same damage has super effective brick break,so only if the dark type is double weak to fighting or resist ground,earthquake is the best choice you got
Okay ill switch then
,arcanine got protect,so you might really try outrage on garchomp and protect on the turn he outrage,yea it will only work once but you might pull some luck out,ice and rock got redutant coverage,and you got EQ and rock slide to deal with flying pokes,so i sugest you switch ice fang for...well it depend,dragon claw or crunch are both fine ideas,they wont normaly miss so its not to much of a problem,well good luck in your double battles!
Hey dude updates in bold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)