The Well #41 - Solace

Status
Not open for further replies.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
cutest pokemon?

how did you end up playing pokemon?

and the most important question - why do girls go into the bathroom in groups?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
What is your dream job? (fuk omi imo)

If you had an all expense paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?

How is la crosse going? Planning on joining a team of some kind?

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heya Solace!

What made you decide to join Smogon?

Favorite tier to play?

Worst luck you've had battling?

What do you do for fun (besides Pogeyman stuff)?

How often do people think you're a guy on the Internet at first? (I'm guilty of this.)

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I've been told I have a 16 going on 30 complex since I'm too serious irl or something, but I disagree. I still think I'd be my age!!

If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Did you pull these questions out of a philosophy textbook?
Anyway, we do a lot of things imo because they're easier or safer, and taking risks isn't something most people are comfortable doing.

If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Well since they wouldn't really understand me anyway it wouldn't matter, but I'd probably tell them not to judge people.

Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Yeah, I push the door close button a lot of times. I don't think it makes it go faster, but it's a habit.

Why are you, you?
Because I'm me.

Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
I think it is, some things we know to be facts.

If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Wow depressing! I don't even know how to answer lol

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I'd probably just be myself a lot more irl instead of trying to keep up with the image of a group of friends I have.

Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
hellocopoke :)
I always try to do what I believe in.

Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Personally, I'd rather be a joyful simpleton. Less to worry about!

Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Million dollar question right there. imo it's because people like to believe they're right, even on something that's entirely subjective. Unfortunately people like to prove they're right by shooting the guy they think is wrong.

Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Nah, I don't think it's really worth it.

What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
I imagine ~truly living~ would be doing exciting things and enjoying everything whereas being alive is just going along with everything...idk really

"I think he's like a 4"

what kind of girl are you.-.
One that doesn't like JGL much!

What is your opinion of me?
You are a very nice user :)

Favorite anime? If you watch any...
I like Code Geass and Death Note

Dream college?
Vanderbilt

Dream career?
Undecided, though I like advertising

Favorite female actress besides glee ppl
I like Olivia Wilde

Favorite male actor?
Chace Crawford

Favorite tv show besides glee?
One of the others I listed in the question that asked my favorite TV shows!

Do you like Chinese food? If so, do you have a favorite dish?
Yes! I like Pork Lo Mein, Mushu Beef, and Fried Wontons.

Have you been outside of the country, and where?
I've been to Montreal and London.

What happened to the dot at the end of your name?
Arti removed it a while back, and the original user Solace is now known as Six Post Solace.

V0x is a woman, y/y?
y

who is your least favorite pokemon
garbodor it looks like someone threw a child's macaroni sculpture in the sewer

why is your name solace
I heard it somewhere and I looked up what it meant (comfort in times of disappointment) so it seemed like a good username

will you be at philly regionals
probably not, aside from your second place finish philly SUCKED

why cant either of us come in first
first is the worst, second is the best

why cant either of us go to nats
I DONT KNOW
nats 2013 or bust

what got you into pokemon
My cousins gave me Pokemon Yellow when I was 3 but I didn't know what to do so I quit. Then a friend from camp had Pokemon Leaf Green and it looked fun to try again so I did and I haven't stopped with it since!

Imo the vgc forum has turned to shit since the departure of the NBers. Do you feel the same?
I don't think it's all that much different. We always get newer users posting around who want to learn more, the only trouble is that there are less people around to help out. It's still the same though, really.

Do you like having your other VGC mods be around your age and not really old (besides OD)?
It doesn't matter much to me anyway, all the VGC mods are cool.

Any pets?
Nope :(

Favorite animal?
Penguins

Possible college major?
Business in some form probably

Where is your soul?
Wherever I last left it.

which smogon user has influenced you the most?
I don't think there's one individual user who has, but a few of the smaller splinter IRC channels I'm in have people in them who have had a big impact on my life.

cutest pokemon?
Plusle

how did you end up playing pokemon?
For the games themselves, I answered above. For competitive Pokemon, I was looking for a video to help me make my way through Stark Mountain in-game, and I ended up coming across Marriland's competitive Pokemon videos. I joined his forum in February of 2009 and have been playing ever since.

and the most important question - why do girls go into the bathroom in groups?
It gets us away from other people so we can gossip and also because going to the bathroom alone is scary and creepy I mean who do you TALK to???

solace: sucks
hi rodan

but seriously

what is your favourite cut of meat
I like this cut my dad gets that's called a Cowboy Steak it's really good!!

What is your dream job? (fuk omi imo)
I'd like to do something similar to what Zracknel does, with working on brand identity and stuff like that.

If you had an all expense paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I'd love to go to Italy. I take Italian in school so it seems like it would be fun, and it's a beautiful place.

How is la crosse going? Planning on joining a team of some kind?
I'd like to try out for my school's team this year. Hopefully I'll make it!

what do you do when you're not slinging mons?
I play lacrosse, hang out with friends, watch TV, play tennis, or read.

Heya Solace!
hi!!

What made you decide to join Smogon?
It has the reputation of being the best competitive Pokemon site so it only made sense that as the best player I'd join!!!!!

Favorite tier to play?
VGC 11

Worst luck you've had battling?
I played a VGC match where the whole thing was speed ties, paras, and flinches. Not fun!!

What do you do for fun (besides Pogeyman stuff)?
See Zystral's question!

How often do people think you're a guy on the Internet at first? (I'm guilty of this.)
Most new people do, but I just correct them or they figure it out from someone else.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Yeah, I push the door close button a lot of times. I don't think it makes it go faster, but it's a habit.
Interesting fact: apparently you're supposed to HOLD the door close button. i did not know this until a couple months ago either!

while we're talking about various button holding habits, did you have any for pokemon when you were younger (e.g. A+B+Down to catch pokemon; the one I personally used was rapidly tapping B)

EDIT: lacrosse is a cool sport, i hope you make your school's team! my school is super competitive about that stuff lol, we have like 20 state championships in girls lacrosse

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Interesting fact: apparently you're supposed to HOLD the door close button. i did not know this until a couple months ago either!
You learn something new every day!

while we're talking about various button holding habits, did you have any for pokemon when you were younger (e.g. A+B+Down to catch pokemon; the one I personally used was rapidly tapping B)
I used to press A rapidly when attacking since I thought I'd get a higher damage roll. I also used to hold B when catching a Pokemon.

EDIT: lacrosse is a cool sport, i hope you make your school's team! my school is super competitive about that stuff lol, we have like 20 state championships in girls lacrosse
Thanks! :)

Prediction for Tyrants this season in SPL?
Victory is inevitable.

how much do you loves me
a lot

haunter

Banned deucer.
lol @ my name being highlighted at least 7 times in one page. Anyway, here are some questions:
1) why do you love gay love?
2) why do you suck so much at Pokemon?
3) if you could change the color of your hair, what color would you pick?
4) have you ever felt derided because of the color of your hair?
5) have you finally accepted that gingers are an inferior race?
6) will you ever come to Italy so I can make fun of you?

Enjoy your well :)

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
what is glee

favorite #seniors member

how do you feel about missing well #42 by 1

best avatar?

worst vgc'11 pokemon?

best junior outside of babbytron?

worst ultra-specific question?

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you think there is any reason to 'quit' smogon to head to Nugget Bridge, even if you're purely a VGC player?

How do you give people badges (or, who does it for you)?

What do you think of Oglemi?

No really, V0x has a point, how could you rate JGL less than 8?

What's your favorite kind of music / your favorite band/group? If you say "I listen to everything" then I have to say that I love you but you're full of shit!

Will you be attending Spring regionals in 2013? I need to decide which state to avoid since it's the only day I don't have something planned and there's no SoCal date confirmed.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
when you played OU, how 'good' at it were you/any OU accomplishments of note?

Is Ray Rizzo on another level than the rest of VGC? I don't follow it that much but a threepeat is cool.

Best rapper in the game?

Would you change anything about how girls lax plays?

If you were a pkmn what would your base stats be?

lolace.

are you interested in any other countries other than italy?

does user: haunter diminish or strengthen your love for italy?

do you prefer sim modding or forum modding?

what is your favourite colour?

what is the worst crime a human could commit in your opinion?

opinions on ~tildes~? and multiple exclamation marks!!!

do you think there is life out there in space?

Solace

royal flush
lol @ my name being highlighted at least 7 times in one page.
I was shocked too, who knew you were so popular?
Anyway, here are some questions:
1) why do you love gay love?
Cause love is love and it shouldn't matter!
2) why do you suck so much at Pokemon?
Pot meet kettle
3) if you could change the color of your hair, what color would you pick?
Blonde
4) have you ever felt derided because of the color of your hair?
In 7th grade a boy in my grade kicked me on Kick a Ginger Day. Other than that not really from anyone other than you! Jerkface!!
5) have you finally accepted that gingers are an inferior race?
Have you accepted that you are an inferior person?
6) will you ever come to Italy so I can make fun of you?
Only if you'll pay for my plane ticket.

Enjoy your well :)

what is glee
To quote Wikipedia, "Glee is an American musical comedy-drama television series that airs on Fox in the United States. It focuses on the high school glee club New Directions competing on the show choir competition circuit, while its members deal with relationships, sexuality and social issues."

Also everyone is gay until proven straight.

how do you feel about missing well #42 by 1
It's very disappointing :(

best avatar?
I happen to like SDS's avatar a lot.

worst vgc'11 pokemon?
Amoonguss can FUCK off.

best junior outside of babbytron?
Snake last year

worst ultra-specific question?
Anything locopoke and Faint asked lol

Do you think there is any reason to 'quit' smogon to head to Nugget Bridge, even if you're purely a VGC player?
Nah I don't. I don't think you need to make a decision since there's no law that says you can't hang around both communities.

How do you give people badges (or, who does it for you)?
That information is classified.

What do you think of Oglemi?
He's fabulous

No really, V0x has a point, how could you rate JGL less than 8?
idk I don't see the big deal with him!!

What's your favorite kind of music / your favorite band/group? If you say "I listen to everything" then I have to say that I love you but you're full of shit!
Here's my last.fm if you want to check it out for yourself! My favorite band is probably fun. though!

Will you be attending Spring regionals in 2013? I need to decide which state to avoid since it's the only day I don't have something planned and there's no SoCal date confirmed.
I don't know. Probably not, I'd rather save it all for nationals. Also unless you're planning on flying out to the East coast you won't have to worry!

favorite condiment?
I don't really like condiments at all. I have a really weird fear of ketchup and mustard.

also do you like me :(
Yes you're the best :DDD
lucariojr :D

when you played OU, how 'good' at it were you/any OU accomplishments of note?
I wasn't anything special but I guess in my peak I could play well against a lot of the big players (not necessarily win though)

Is Ray Rizzo on another level than the rest of VGC? I don't follow it that much but a threepeat is cool.
The guy is a VGC machine, he just knows how to read everyone's moves so well.

Best rapper in the game?
Uh I don't listen to much rap but I like Hoodie Allen thanks to Mafe!! I also sometimes like Wiz Khalifa but very rarely.

Would you change anything about how girls lax plays?
I don't really know. I like it and it's much tamer compared to mens lax so I probably wouldn't want it to be like that.

If you were a pkmn what would your base stats be?
100 / 70 / 85 / 130 / 95 / 100

lolimi

are you interested in any other countries other than italy?
Yes, I'd love to go to Japan and France at some point! (Also some kind of all-around Europe kind of thing)

does user: haunter diminish or strengthen your love for italy?
If my Italian teacher hasn't diminished my love for Italy nothing will.

do you prefer sim modding or forum modding?
Forum modding, there are too many idiots who get super confrontational on the sim.

what is your favourite colour?
Purple

what is the worst crime a human could commit in your opinion?
Rape in any form is the worst imo

opinions on ~tildes~? and multiple exclamation marks!!!
Tildes are ~fantastic~ and multiple exclamation points are the spice of life!!!

do you think there is life out there in space?
I think there is or at least was life on other planets.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
how adorable is birkal /10?

how does it feel being my pokemoning inferior despite me not playing the game?

if you had to pick your fondest memory, what would it be?

do you do anything to keep yourself in TOP PHYSICAL CONDITION?

is hannukah better than christmas?

Awww, you're the same age as me and pttp, I thought you were a freshman for all of last year.

What did you think of Mockingjay?

Where in New York do you live again? I forgot...

Are you embarrassed/ashamed of the fact that you play pokemon? Or in other words, do your friends and the people at your school know you play mons?

IIRC, you only became really active on Smogon about a year and a half ago (correct me if I'm too far off please). You've accomplished quite a lot in a relatively short time frame on smogon, what's your secret to success?

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If someone says "shoelace" irl, do you turn to see who is asking for you?

Is it OK to sacrifice a few without their consent to save many?

Favorite kids breakfast cereal?

Jealous of my badgeset?

Is procrastinating a sign of ideal time management or the opposite?

Without Google, can you name the 4 faces on Mount Rushmore?

Solace

royal flush
how adorable is birkal /10?
I'd say 11/10

how does it feel being my pokemoning inferior despite me not playing the game?
I lost to a natural, it's ok.

if you had to pick your fondest memory, what would it be?
I think my fondest memory is probably when there was a boy in my elementary school class who was really depressed over something and was super lonely, so I decided to become his friend and then before I moved he said "Thanks for being my only friend". I just felt really good about myself because I could've been like the other kids and just ignored him because he was kinda weird. But I didn't!!

do you do anything to keep yourself in TOP PHYSICAL CONDITION?
I do SIT UPS sometimes

is hannukah better than christmas?
I guess since it's supposed to be celebrating a miracle it's all ~magical~ but we don't get fat guys delivering presents or nice trees indoors so that's kinda sad.

Awww, you're the same age as me and pttp, I thought you were a freshman for all of last year.
Nope, we're all the same age :P

What did you think of Mockingjay?
I liked it but it went from really really slow to really really REALLY fast with everything that went on.

Where in New York do you live again? I forgot...
A stupid little place on Long Island.

Are you embarrassed/ashamed of the fact that you play pokemon? Or in other words, do your friends and the people at your school know you play mons?
I tend to try to hide it from my friends the best I can. My friends were googling people and if you google my name it'll come up with the Pokemon tournament stuff, so I tried to distract them from googling my name. I suppose if someone ever did it and confronted me about it I'd probably just tell them about how I won prizes from it and try to make it seem as cool as possible!

Also one time I heard two really awkward kids talking about Kevin Garrett and some tournament one time and it was a very odd experience.

IIRC, you only became really active on Smogon about a year and a half ago (correct me if I'm too far off please). You've accomplished quite a lot in a relatively short time frame on smogon, what's your secret to success?
Nah, that's about right. Really late 2010 is when I became active. My secret to success is really just being me and becoming friends with a lot of people. The more people know your name, the more likely you are to be picked to do things.

If someone says "shoelace" irl, do you turn to see who is asking for you?
Nah, but if someone says solace I've looked to see who says it, and if I read it in a book I always get kind of uncomfortable.

Is it OK to sacrifice a few without their consent to save many?
I think so. We'd want to help the most people we could, and if that meant that not everyone could be saved and a few would have to be sacrificed, it would be unfortunate but unpreventable. I'd rather save more people than worry about the few who didn't get to make it. I guess it would depend upon the situation, but ideally I would rather sacrifice 5 people than lose 300, for example.

Favorite kids breakfast cereal?
Frosted Flakes, they're more than good, they're grrrrrrrrreat!

Jealous of my badgeset?
It's too pretty to handle :(

Is procrastinating a sign of ideal time management or the opposite?
As a chronic procrastinator I'd say it's definitely NOT a sign of ideal time management. As I'm answering these questions I'm procrastinating doing summer assignments which are due in 2 weeks that I had 2 months to do, and I'm not sure how I'm going to get it all done! Not good.

Without Google, can you name the 4 faces on Mount Rushmore?
George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, and Theodore Roosevelt (don't know if that's the correct order though)

I play lacrosse, hang out with friends, watch TV, play tennis, or read.
Somehow didn't picture you as a laxer... all the ones at my school are douches

How frequently does HOT TAMALE beat you every day?

Can you explain to me the whole girs using girl avatars thing? I don't really get it, I would definitely not make my avatar some ridiculously handsome guy. Unless you're really lesbian like blarajan and I say you are ;)

What was your favorite weather in 2012 to use? Your favorite mon?

What was the most overrated mon of 2012?

Will you make a Nugget Bridge account?

Solace

royal flush
Somehow didn't picture you as a laxer... all the ones at my school are douches
I hope you don't think I'm a douche :(

How frequently does HOT TAMALE beat you every day?
HOT TAMALE got put in his place when I bitch slapped him yesterday.

Can you explain to me the whole girs using girl avatars thing? I don't really get it, I would definitely not make my avatar some ridiculously handsome guy. Unless you're really lesbian like blarajan and I say you are ;)
But it's Dianna Agron.....

What was your favorite weather in 2012 to use? Your favorite mon?
I built a fun Sun team that worked for a little while and that was the only weather team I used. I liked using Typhlosion on it.

What was the most overrated mon of 2012?
Hitmontop, everyone could beat it by the end.

Will you make a Nugget Bridge account?
I already have one lol

Favorite FOX show, besides Glee?

How does South Park's portrayal of gingers make you feel?

If you could end one person's Smogon account, who would it be and why?

Forgive me if any of these have been asked already!

Would you be happy to continue the trend of basically being my source of preparation if I go to another VGC event?
Favourite user that you have met at VGC, and why?
When are you going to rate teams and retire so we can be badge twins?
Name three users (online or irl) that you have never really spoken to but you think would be interesting to talk to.

Finally, please rate my VGC 2011 team, telling me if you think it has potential or if it sucks and is all down to player skill:
Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Timid - Flash Fire
~ Heat Wave
~ Shadow Ball
~ Trick Room
~ Imprison

Jellicent @ Choice Scarf
Timid - Water Absorb
~ Water Spout
~ Hydro Pump
~ Shadow Ball
~ Ice Beam

Amoonguss @ Coba Berry
Bold - Effect Spore
~ Spore
~ Giga Drain
~ Protect
~ Rage Powder

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Adamant - Guts
~ Mach Punch
~ Drain Punch
~ Rock Slide
~ Protect

Krookodile @ Chople Berry
Adamant - Intimidate
~ Crunch
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake
~ Protect

Haxorus @ Haban Berry
Jolly - Mold Breaker
~ Dual Chop
~ Brick Break
~ Rock Slide
~ Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)