Roserade (♀) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes

If this thing is up against a slower lead than I am usually guaranteed 2 layers of toxic spikes. Two layers has the same effect as toxic which effectively wears out all my opponents sweepers, and walls.

Sleep powder, despite having 75% accuracy, somehow always manages to hit it's mark. Focus sash makes it so that I can miss and still be able to set-up.
---
The metal bird
Skarmory

Skarmory (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/96 Atk/156 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Spikes and T-spikes together ruin anything. Including the all mighty garchomp (who after being toxiced and losing 25% of it's health will have a hard time subbing without shorting it's already low life...
---
The Ghost on Speed
Gengar

Gengar (♂) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarf Gar has gotten me out of deep shit so many times. I absolutely love this guy just like Scarfran. The standard but without hypnosis. He is a great revenge killer and can KO Gyara, Garchomp/ Lucario (without Bullet-Punch)/ and many other pokemon. His secondary role is to act as a rapid spin blocker.
---
The Spinning Star
Starmie

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

My team relies on the lack of rapid spinners on a lot of teams. I however do not ever want to be in a similar position so I use a rapid spinner.

She can semi-stall with Recover while Toxic spikes ruins my opponent.
---
The other special blob
Snorlax

Snorlax (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 128 HP/44 Atk/120 Def/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

It takes special hits and loves to whirlwind things out. Curse up if possible and then rape anything in his path. I dont use rest because it actually hurt me more often in tough matches.

I use him over Blissey because of whirlwind. My opponent will already have trouble switching in and whirlwind will just force them to do the last thing they want to do against me with spikes up.
---
The Steel Fighter
Lucario

Lucario (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

After my opponent has suffered enough wear & tear from Spikes this guy comes in and rapes. Spikes turns many of those 2hko's into 1hko's making this guy an even tougher force
---

don't copy my rmt format, it looks to good and almost no one likes to rate it.
Lol, im just joking.

...anyways

im really not too fond of that snorlax set.. does that no healing hurt you at times? maybe put rest instead of curse on there?

really other than thats a really solid team, no weaks like chomp weak or weavile weak or t-tar weak. No weakness' to certain types. 3 fire weaks but 2 resists is fine. Good work on this team!

Hmm, I completly disagree, scarfchomp doesn't kill this team.....
i lold.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I don't like this whole roserade HP fire buisness. It gets steels. So what? who still uses steels? You shouldn't use it.

There are lots more awesome hidden powers to utilize. Try something more antileadish.

My 2 cents.

Hmm, I completly disagree, scarfchomp doesn't kill this team.....
Well I assume you were being sarcastic and if you were then you have just broken the rules. Dont rate a team unless you are going to post how they can fix their weakness. Please, try not to be a douchebag in the future.

Xaio: Eh, yo might be right. I could use HP Electric for flying types or some other thing. What would you suggest?

Who did you quote. Derek didn't mention scarfchomp at all, and Xaio posted after you.

Anyway it is ok, but I usually like actual advice rather than sarcastic comments.

On gengar I would utilise HP (Water)...Why water? Nobody expects water on a gengar, it is indeed probably the least likely HP to use. Though this post will no doubt have countless disproving it...I stick by my statement...

Stick with HP Fire. HP Electric will let you hit Gyarados SE... but then again, Bulkydos is already a potiential 2HKO by Grass Knot anyway. However, HP Electric means that Bronzong can stay in all day without much to worry about. Fliers will already have a problem if Stealth Rock out.

Seems effective otherwise. Of course, be wary of Heracross, since setting up Toxic Spikes will give him the Guts boost, and he potientially tears down your physical wall and several other members of the team.

Oh, and, uh... don't use HP Water on Gengar, as if I had to tell you.

Stick with HP Fire. HP Electric will let you hit Gyarados SE... but then again, Bulkydos is already a potiential 2HKO by Grass Knot anyway. However, HP Electric means that Bronzong can stay in all day without much to worry about. Fliers will already have a problem if Stealth Rock out.

Seems effective otherwise. Of course, be wary of Heracross, since setting up Toxic Spikes will give him the Guts boost, and he potientially tears down your physical wall and several other members of the team.

Oh, and, uh... don't use HP Water on Gengar, as if I had to tell you.
I find it funny, you told him. It's my serious opinion....

Xaio: Eh, yo might be right. I could use HP Electric for flying types or some other thing. What would you suggest?
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.

Neus is mostly right, for your sake I did some shoddy testing, and with bronzong, heracross, and breloom, HP fire is the best choice, because you obviously have it.

If you want to be like your fun uncle Xaio, put stun spore on there. If you can pull it off, the potential "triple powder" effect should cripple your opponents entire team.

It's been fairly successful for me.

I dont think I can fit Stun Spore on there. It sounds nice but I need HP fire, and grass knot has come in handy many times.

Heh, You took my suggestions :p
Anyways I don't really like that snorlax set, it does not seem to do much. I would put a roar suicune or leech seed celebi over it. Both can help rack up passive damage.

Well Snorlax can Curse Up once my opponents phys. threats are gone. And of course I took your suggestions... they have helped me a lot.

I could try Suicune > Snorlax...

Also I really want spikes... do you think I could get rid of SR since Gengar can handle most fliers/levitators?

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
seems to me that infernape rapes your team once starmie is down.

Starmie is a spinner. He wont be out often so he wont die often. Also Infernape isn't going to be staying in long with SR already making it only able to do 9 attacks, while T-spikes will at the very least make it lose another attack per turn...

He wont be living long with life orb.

Also even if he does avoid T-spikes, I can easily get him into Lucario's kill range. Extremspeed rapes Infernape.

You suggested SR originally lol. But yeah, I like spikes better too since most levitators/fliers can be dealt with.

The Lineup

The Sleeper and Spiker
Roserade

Roserade (♀) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes < Spikes

If this thing is up against a slower lead than I am usually guaranteed 2 layers of toxic spikes. Two layers has the same effect as toxic which effectively wears out all my opponents sweepers, and walls.

Sleep powder, despite having 75% accuracy, somehow always manages to hit it's mark. Focus sash makes it so that I can miss and still be able to set-up.
---

think of guts heracross taking advantage of toxic spikes

The metal bird
Skarmory

Skarmory (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/96 Atk/156 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Stealth rock hurts anything immune to toxic spikes so I added that to my fantastic metal defensive wall. Whirlwind for phazing and for racking up some SR damage.
---
The Ghost on Speed
Gengar

Gengar (♂) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarf Gar has gotten me out of deep shit so many times. I absolutely love this guy just like Scarfran. The standard but without hypnosis. He is a great revenge killer and can KO Gyara, Garchomp/ Lucario (without Bullet-Punch)/ and many other pokemon. His secondary role is to act as a rapid spin blocker.
---
The Spinning Star
Starmie

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

My team relies on the lack of rapid spinners on a lot of teams. I however do not ever want to be in a similar position so I use a rapid spinner. I already have Gengar to counter Gyarados so I left Starmie with Ice Beam for dragons.

She can semi-stall with Recover while Toxic spikes ruins my opponent.
---
The other special blob
Snorlax

Snorlax (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 128 HP/44 Atk/120 Def/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Crunch / Fire punch

It takes special hits and loves to whirlwind things out. Curse up if possible and then rape anything in his path. I dont use rest because it actually hurt me more often in tough matches.

I use him over Blissey because of whirlwind. My opponent will already have trouble switching in and whirlwind will just force them to do the last thing they want to do against me with spikes up.
---

fire punch is good here, skarmory weak set otherwise

The Steel Fighter
Lucario

Lucario (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

After my opponent has suffered enough wear & tear from Spikes this guy comes in and rapes. Spikes turns many of those 2hko's into 1hko's making this guy an even tougher force
---

Ok you obviously know nothing about Roserade because Sleep Powder and Spikes is illegal on the same set. That is why i use Toxic Spikes instead.

I will think about Fire Punch though.

Nice team, it is very very similar to my incredibly successful team I made yesturday...

Here are my fixes:
-Roserade wants Hidden Power Ice over Fire, Sleep Powder hits steels anyway, and mence leads are extremely common.
-Change Ice Beam on Starmie to Thunderbolt, as Roserade can pack the Ice move now. Can be one of you're Gyara counters.
-Change Gengar's nature to Timid, to outspeed Gyara after 2 DD's, as well as outspeed other incredibly popular scarfgars.
-Fire Punch>Crunch on Snorlax

You need something other than Skarmory to SR, so it can abuse spikes for Lucario sweeps.

Nice team, it is very very similar to my incredibly successful team I made yesturday...

Here are my fixes:
-Roserade wants Hidden Power Ice over Fire, Sleep Powder hits steels anyway, and mence leads are extremely common.
-Change Ice Beam on Starmie to Thunderbolt, as Roserade can pack the Ice move now. Can be one of you're Gyara counters.
-Change Gengar's nature to Timid, to outspeed Gyara after 2 DD's, as well as outspeed other incredibly popular scarfgars.
-Fire Punch>Crunch on Snorlax

You need something other than Skarmory to SR, so it can abuse spikes for Lucario sweeps.
I was just going to go Spike> SR because I can deal with all Levitator's/Fliers

I was thinking about HP Ice but I lack a fire attack and Gengar and Starmie have ice covered. Plus Sleep Powder can only hit one steel at a time.

Ok, FP over Crunch is fine with me, and I guess I could go Timid but I think I might need that extra power...

I hope you aren't (I dont think you are) insinuating that I copied your team. I actually made this team several days ago and I had to repost it a few times because I made major changes to it.

Anyway I guess I could try HP ice on rosy, and T-bolt on starmie.

Edit: Thanks for the rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)