ORAS OU They call us broken (some creds to aim and AM)

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Introduction
Yo wassup friends (teehee you guys know where I got that from). Today I'll be presenting an ORAS OU team featuring two of the most broken mons in ORAS, Greninja and Mega Salamence. Basically our team aims to destroy the threats to mega salamence, or find a good opportunity to set up. Really, this team is just Mega Salamence+Mega Salamence checks+Mega Salamence support.

Mega Mence was first. The most broken mon so far. (Screw you Slowbro)

The team focuses on taking out threats to mence or finding a good time to set up. Thus the first trapper was going to be magnezone, which gets rid of all steels if they don't run shed shell.

Lando hits Mence hard, although not really hard enough. Fairies also give me problems, and I want some more offense, especially for opposing mega mence. Talonflame didn't offer enough coverage, so greninja came in.

We need more offense, and a support mon to kill dragons for mence. I set up on situations where breaking my sub won't really happen, and I needed to take out dragons. Latias was fast enough and also offered Healing Wish, that helped my Mence and Greninja stay alive.

Next we needed a momentum provider, bird spam check, and stuff that cripples physical attackers. Rotom-Wash, which is on like 15% of teams. It was also on AM's team, which helped me out.

There wasn't really much I needed, so I decided to go with Ditto, partially from AM's team and also because I can scout other movesets, and it can form something to go to after volt switch and then go into another mon. Also, it can stop other setup sweepers cuz I get the boosts.

The Team

They call me uber
Salamence (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 16 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
The normal Sub/Roost/DD/Frustration set. The EV's to make sure 0 SAtk Rotom Wash does not break your sub with Volt Switch, and that you can outspeed Jolly Mamoswine. I've maximized physical bulk so that it can set up. I haven't encounter Mega Aggron, but in case, I did some calcs:
-1 0- Atk Mega Aggron Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 208 Def Salamence: 120-144 (30.5 - 36.6%) -- 49.2% chance to 3HKO
+6 0 Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 152-179 (44.1 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO
Basically with no recovery other than RestTalk (I think) Mega Aggron won't be able to hit my Mega Salamence, although I don't think I can get to +6 either. However, I can dent Mega Aggron by using stuff like will-o-wisp and Specs Magnezone. In general, I'll either wear down Mega Aggron or have tons of boosts already when it comes in.

I see you like to get wrecked
Greninja (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
So ummm.... shamelessly taken from aim . After tons of "Yo wassup friends" I finally found the right video and I guess the EV's are supposed to KO azumarill and clefable or something, UGGH Joey why do you not tell me what 16 EV's in attack do. But basically this trolls all scarf users, fricking mega beedrill, and most importantly mega sceptile. Sometimes a lead because I can u-turn out and such. Also, getting choice locked is kinda annoying because greninja's versatility can't be used to its full advantage.

I See You Like To Get Trapped
Magnezone (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
So the trapper of the team. Screw you scizor, screw you skarmory, screw you ferro- oh wait, shed shell? Never mind. Basically specs zone kills these with HP Fire or Volt Switch accordingly. Also, this 2HKO's Defensive Aggron. If it runs SpDef, it still gets 2HKO'd and there's no problem for my Mega Mence.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Aggron: 220-261 (63.9 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
The speed is supposed to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt. It's just a basic Specs Magnezone set.

Latios
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
Latias! Or as I call it, Latios! I definitely needed a defogger. Only Mence is weak to rocks, but mence is my win condition. I also love the Healing Wish support that I can give late game to either my greninja or my mence. The EV's are standard to survive Life Orb Ice Beam from Greninja. I can also use this to absorb status and get chip damage on walls before healing wish to mence and ninja.

Washing machine (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
The Rotom-Wash of the team, because Rotom-Wash should be on every team, as should Mega Salamence and Greninja. This is the pivot and burn inducer of the team. It's a birdspam check and is used as a lead if Greninja can't do much and there isn't a skarm or ferro to trap. The glue of my team and the glue of pretty much any team, I love this Rotom almost as much as I love my two broken mons.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Transform
I see you like to setup? Prepare to sweep your own team. I see you like to set hazards? Let me set hazards too. I see you like to induce sleep? Let me induce sleep too. I see your moveset too. Ditto can scout, set hazards, revenge kill, sweep in the late game, and also counter mega mence. The IV's are for HP Ice. (Ugh I hate when I wanna use a hidden power but I'm like, WTF!?!?!?!?!??! Hidden Power Dark!?!??!?)

Taunt Mew might be running more speed than Mega Mence and shuts it down with Taunt. I haven't encountered this yet, but I am worried because there is no way for me to hit super effectively. I'm not running Dark Pulse on Greninja, and I don't have a plan yet.

I. Fricking. Hate. Wob. How do I eve beat this piece of shit. I can't set up with Mence on it, I can't hit it super effectively, I just have to sac some pokemon to get enough damage off and KO. Hopefully there is a solution.
Pixilate Hyper Voice really hurts me. However, it all depends on what set it is running. I can usually take care of it by wearing it down and KO'ing with Greninja.
Another pixilate Hyper Voice mon. Sylveon is usually easy enough to take care of, but I still dislike it and it stops my set up with Mence if I don't have enough boosts.

Again, pixilate Hyper voice. However the lower overall bulk means it is much easier to take care of.
Scarf kyurem black.

Conclusion and Shoutouts
That's it. A standard Mega Mence team that is built to allow Mence to sweep. After I destroyed a friend with this and he changed his team, he told me "wtf your team is ass". I don't really care about the other mon, I could have slapped 3 trappers (heck I could have slapped wobbufet onto this too), but it doesn't matter. The one and only goal is to let Mence sweep.

Shoutout to aim for his Mega Mence video and his Enter Mega <name> series which gave me some insight about this ORAS meta and how to play the game. I also stole some EV spreads and ideas, aka Scarf Greninja from him.
Also, I gotta give some credit to AM for his "Bullies" team.

I don't have too many threats, but I would really appreciate advice for taking out Wobbofett, which is just to troll for me to beat. Maybe if shadow tag gets banned (which I don't think it should), I could forget about wob. However, shadow tag testing and mega mence ban time period should be pretty short for this team to keep working.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-182243404
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-182293379 - kinda forgot about scrappy and how ditto wouldn't copy mega lopunny yet, but scouted for ice punch and allowed me to sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-182297404 - scarfninja and mence putting in work
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-182320114 calm mind mega latias wrecks itself.

They call me uber (Salamence) (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 16 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

I see you like to get wrecked (Greninja) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

I see you like to get trapped (Magnezone) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Latios (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Washing machine (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

D2 (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Transform

Last edited:
to appease lord jirachee i present an actual rate:

team's pretty noice, you know u doin p well when your biggest concern is the wobb. that being said, you could either squeeze dark pulse on ninja (although losing u-turn and the other coverage kinda sucks), or you could try trickscarf/specs gothitelle, which really fucks with wobbuffet. anyway that's about all i got for now as i am tired. fuck mence tho. OH one thing you could try is memento latios over latias, even easier time setting up (even though it's already disgustingly easy), and go with refresh dd mence over sub dd. as for the fairies, you could go with scarf zone over rotom, if you can stomach such a thing, or even better, prankster thundy to neuter dd altaria if you lost ninja for some reason. actually you should probably do that, it's better.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hey how's it going Leremyju. I appreciate the shoutout on your RMT so the least I can do is let you know that I run a different EV spread on M-Mence currently for my team that you may try out as well. I'm going to partially quote what Trinitrotoluene posted on mine as some of it still does apply and you can try out as well.

i admit this change might cause opposing clefable and chansey to be a bit more troublesome, so changing your megamence's ev spread to 248 hp / 128 atk / 44 def / 48 spd / 40 spe and nature to adamant should help with this...his ev spread change lets you hit the same special defense benchmarks your old spread established (0 spa rotom-w not being able to break megamence's sub w/ volt switch) while giving megamence the ability to score the guaranteed 2hko against 252 / 252+ clefable and 4 / 252+ chansey while unboosted (the latter after 1 round of sr damages), reducing your dependency on specs magnezone to break the former and gothitelle (which my clefable suggestion removes) the latter. the extra 4 speed evs also give megamence the ability to creep max speed timid / jolly mega jukain sceptile after one dragon dance since your old ev spread's speed only speed tied w/ them.
I'm going to agree with Rosen on fitting Dark Pulse somewhere on Greninja as one of the issues you face right now is opposing Mega Metagross and Rotom-W isn't exactly an answer for it all the time as it succumbs to 2 Zen Headbutts. If there is anything I would replace it would be U-turn as everything else is pretty important coverage for Greninja. Anyways good luck.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Recently I got beat by scarf kyurem cuz I didn't set up with my mence yet. It might be like a misplay in my part, but I have like nothing other than magnezome to take down kyurem black.

Also, I uploaded a replay where mega latias swept herself

Recently I got beat by scarf kyurem cuz I didn't set up with my mence yet. It might be like a misplay in my part, but I have like nothing other than magnezome to take down kyurem black.

Also, I uploaded a replay where mega latias swept herself
prankster thundy i tell ya hwat

at the very least, get rid of rotom and exchange for scarf magnezone. rotom's not doing you any huge benefits. ditto is neat so i don't want to touch it but in testing idk if something else would work better so i'll get back to that. actually if you could fit defensive or scarf ttar, maybe with fire blast, and excadrill on here, and put dpulse over uturn on ninja, that would fix most of your problems. so sala/ninja/mag/ttar/exca/lati sounds fine as fuk to me. perhaps go for lo on ninja since exca + ttar actually check sala *reasonably* decently, but then again perhaps not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)