Thread for newcomers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
I was wondering if having a sub-forum for Smogon forum newcomers would be a good idea.

When I first signed up an account here and wanted to express my gratitude and ask for friends, I couldn't find any place where I can introduce myself and such.

In my experience, many other forum sites (either pokemon related or not) have newcomer/newbie forum where new members can introduce themselves and feel more comfortable interacting in the forum community.

Thank you for reading. Please be open-minded and not mock any opinions made.

I hope you have a great day.

I always found introduction forums to be pointless. Most of them I see are just someone writing a few things about themselves and a few other people saying "hi, welcome". If you want to feel comfortable about community interaction, lurk a bit, then make posts and threads as usual.

Adding to what KotW said, if you need to express your reasons to come to smogon, this thread is the place to go. Not exactly what you are looking for, but the closest thing we have, and the only one we are going to have as far as I know.

Also, do the lurking phase. Many go straight to posting and then get butthurt when they make themselves look liked idiots and get the according behaviour to them. You wouldn't floor a ferrari on a canyon road with many tight turns when you are learning to drive, now would you?

We used to have this, but it turned out to be no success. We have an individual thread for intro´s and some other ways of integrating users, such as the tutor program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)