Three A's, and a REM: UU team.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Offered to post this team for someone else. I apologize for the format not being right, as a result. (Missing abilities, etc.)

Okay, so I wasn't really thinking "team" when I built my UU team and I think having a pure Psychic type (Espeon) and a pure Dark type (Absol) is probably a bad idea. So it's team reformation time! Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Timid Roserade @ Focus Sash, 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Ice

Stoked about this lead. Focus Sash allows me to Sleep Powder, and if it fails I still have a chance to throw up Toxic Spikes. If Sleep Powder fails, I can try again or get in an attack. If it works I can switch into my counter and I still have Roserade.

Adamant Absol @ Choice Band, 252 Atk / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
-Sucker Punch
-Super Power
-Aerial Ace
-Night Slash

Sucker Punch gives STAB and its priority makes up for Absol`s low speed. Super Power lets me hit things that are immune to Dark for good coverage, and Aerial Ace is good for the Fighting and Grass types I`ll face. Night Slash is redundant but it was recommended in the moveset so I went with it because I couldn`t think of anything else to put in there. Now that I think of it, Stone Edge would be rad.

Timid Espeon @ Leftovers, 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam

My main reason for Espeon on the team is the type coverage I get with Signal Beam and Shadow Ball (it's the only one on my team with Bug or Ghost moves). Calm Mind will boost my special atk and def thus improving Espeon`s great SpA further before attacking. Now that I`m looking at it, the type coverage isn`t THAT necessary for me. I only really battle my gf (who doesn`t typically use ghost or psychic types which those extra two moves cover), and I don`t really play competitively yet at least. I`m looking at scrapping this for someone else.

Mild Altaria @ Life Orb, 112 Atk / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake

Great all around type coverage for a mixed set. Draco and Outrage are redundant but one's phys, one's spec so it works for mixing it up. Fire Blast is good against the Steel types that resist the Dragon moves and Earthquake will let me get electric types, Poison types, whatever. Good move to have in the lineup.

Adamant Arcanine @ Leftovers, 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Fire Blitz
-ExtremeSpeed
-Thunder Fang
-Iron Head

Physical sweeper set. Fire Blitz obviously the strong STAB move. ExtremeSpeed not only has priority but is pretty powerful so there's that. Thunder Fang is I think the only Electric move on my team, not the best idea but it works, awesome coverage even though it's a slightly weak attack (65 BP). Iron Head is powerful and has a good flinch rate which will buy me free attacks.

Bold Milotic @ Leftovers, 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpA
-Hypnosis
-Recovery
-Surf
-Ice Beam

I'm now realizing this moveset in general is a bit redundant if I'm able to get off Sleep Powder with the lead, but when I was building this team it was shaping up to be "Roserade plus a TON of sweepers hooray!" which didn't seem like a great idea. Hypnosis will put them to sleep and let me do what I want (switch in a counter, Recover, whatever). Ice Beam is there for some type coverage, and Surf is there for STAB.

So that's how my team is shaping up. Any tips would be very helpful and much appreciated. Comments/new movesets/make fun of me, whatever. Thanks.

Thanks for any tweaks you can offer him.

An interesting team, 5 sweepers and 1 wall.

Iron Head on Arcanine is a waste of a moveslot, it hits nothing super-effectively that your other attacks don't. Crunch seems like a much better attack. Also, Choice Band / Life Orb.

Espeon's Signal Beam doesn't seem that useful. Shadow Ball + HP Fighting gives much better coverage.

Just gonna suggest right now, for arcanine, drop iron head and put on howl. Just use the howl set suggested on the site. its definitely the best arcanine set Ive used.

Psycho Cut >>> Aerial Ace on Absol. More power, Crit Modifier (espeically w/ Super Luck) and hits same coverage (Torterra is really the only common UU grass poke that isn't part poison, and you shouldn't be using Absol against him <_<).

Tons of other nitpicks, but I'm too tired for a comprehensive list, I'll edit this later unless I forget.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
An interesting team, 5 sweepers and 1 wall.

Iron Head on Arcanine is a waste of a moveslot, it hits nothing super-effectively that your other attacks don't. Crunch seems like a much better attack. Also, Choice Band / Life Orb.

Espeon's Signal Beam doesn't seem that useful. Shadow Ball + HP Fighting gives much better coverage.
His response:
Crunch is a much better move for Arcanine. The lineup is pretty strange, as was pointed out that its 5 sweepers and a wall so thats why Im up for suggestions to replace Espeon. The reason for Signal Beam over HP Fighting is solely simplicity which sucks, but this team is actually on my cart rather than Shoddy and I really want to avoid breeding multiple pokemans for HP (since I already bred 50ish Roselias for any of 3 types of HP and ended up with only 2 that were any of the categories)
Regarding the Arcanine set, they have slightly different EV spreads, but mine still seem okay so Ill take that advice with the one I have now and throw Howl on there. I really liked the idea of that set in the first place so yeah, Ill go with it, thanks.
Psycho Cut >>> Aerial Ace on Absol. More power, Crit Modifier (espeically w/ Super Luck) and hits same coverage (Torterra is really the only common UU grass poke that isn't part poison, and you shouldn't be using Absol against him <_<).
Tons of other nitpicks, but I'm too tired for a comprehensive list, I'll edit this later unless I forget.
His response:
Since I have both Sucker Punch AND Night Slash on Absol, would it `work if I just replaced one of those and adjust the item accordingly (keep Sucker Punch and use Choice Band or keep Night Slash and use Choice Scarf since I wouldn`t have to worry about speed)?

Hey, this is my team. I typed all of that up for a post elsewhere and Lorak kindly offered to post it up here for me (thanks again!), hence the lack of formatting which I apologize for. This is my first team and its a bit difficult for me to change certain natures and movesets on the fly since its a cart based team. I realize the abilities were left out, so Ill put those here.

Roserade - Natural Cure
Absol - Super Luck
Espeon - Synchronize
Altaria - Natural Cure
Arcanine - Intimidate
Milotic - Marvel Scale

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. I realized for Arcanines Howl set I have to re-breed him so Im going to do that this afternoon. I really need to figure out something for Espeons set, and decide which move to replace for Absol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)