XY LC Throw That Team in a Circle - First RMT

Heya guys n_n, I'm Jetpack, and I've been lucky enough to meet most of you so far. I have always enjoyed LC, but I have always considered myself a bad team builder. Well this team has given me the most success so far. So, instead of hopping from team to team looking for instant success I'm going to take the team I've had success with and try to improve it to the best it can be. Anyways, here is the team. I don't really have a process when I make my team, so we'll pick up from there.

- Don't drop that momentum -

Throw (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Level: 5
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Suggestion from Yagura. Drilbur is here to provide Rapid Spin support for Larvesta, and the team as a whole seeing as we will be switching a lot. Drilbur is also a solid choice because he still has the ability to lay down his own hazards similarly to Dwebble but boasts a much more offensive role than Dwebble provided.

That (Ponyta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Pony :^). Ponyta has the highest BST in Little Cup IIRC, and it proves it with how well it preforms. The fast WoWs save Pony and let it Morning Sun right back out or react according. Ponyta was a suggestion to change Larvesta from Corporal Levi and i've loved the change.

Ass (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The brand new addition to the S-tier, Chinchou is a must on any VoltTurn team, Chinchou also doubles as a Fletchling counter.

In (Abra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Energy Ball

Gastly used to be here but thanks to the lovely Corporal Levi I am now running Abra. Abra has fit in very nicely and helped me with some late game checks Gastly could not manage.

A (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Taunt

Now running Taunt Foo thanks to the advice from Eren Yeagar

Circle (Fletchling)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

The other major change from Yagura. I feel this set will go much better with the team, and have been leaning on switching to it for a while. This change will bring Fletchling more power for some end game sweeps while being able to use predictions to pull off some Roosts or a U-turn.

So there it is friends. I'm excited to see what advice you guys will have for me, so thanks in advance.
n_n

Circle (Fletchling)
EVs: 12 HP / 196 Atk / 120 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Overheat

A (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 40 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

That (Larvesta) @ Eviolite
EVs: 80 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

In (Gastly) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 SpA / 108 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Throw (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

That (Ponyta) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Ass (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

In (Abra) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

A (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Circle (Fletchling)
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Last edited:
Hi there Jetpack this is a really good team, great job on building it! I do have some few suggestions here and there though:

First thing that is worth mentioning is that you have Larvesta without any hazards control which is a really bad idea, so I suggest using Drilbur over Dwebble, to be honest hazards stacking isn't much needed in VoltTurn teams so Dwebble seems like the weakest member and switching Drilbur for it will allow you to have a spinner and a rocks setter too and it also lets you check Chinchou which seems problematic to the team, here is the set:
Drilbur @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Also, change your Chinchou EVs spread to 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe as it gives you a free additional point in Defense without any cost and the EVs in SpD were useless, also change the nature to Modest because you'll be appreciating the power more than the speed (17 Scarf Chinchou only works in really few situations).

Lastly I do agree with you on your Fletchling point, Overheat seems useless on it with Larvesta on your team because you can just U-turn to it if you predict a switch to something like Ferroseed or Pawniard, so yeah use this physical attacker set:
Fletchling
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Other than that I don't have much to say, great team and I hope I helped! c:

Hey Yagura! I know i'd see a comment from you, fantastic changes from you as usual. I put the changes in and I'm excited to test them and hopefully see some of the old problems such as SR's go away. Thanks for the help, it is always appreciated!

Hey Jetpack, you have made a really solid voltturn team. Nice job man! :)

First off, I think Mienfoo should have Taunt over Acrobatics because Larvesta can take care of most fighters in the meta bar Timburr and Drilbur can always get weakened on the field and can fail to get a Rapid Spin off. So to save you from trouble by feeling like you have to switch to Drilbur, Taunt Mienfoo will shut down hazard stacking Dwebble, and speed tie with Drilbur and Onix. If you wish to put Taunt on your Mienfoo, an EV spread of 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe with a Jolly Nature will help immensely because you hit Eviolite numbers and max speed. This spread could also make Mienfoo take 2 Earthquakes from Drilbur and 2 Iron Heads from Pawniard, which can still run Choice Scarf.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Next, I would like to suggest Substitute over Destiny Bond on Gastly. With Substitute, you can make a safe one when your opponent wants to switch into a potential counter. With a safe substitute up, Gastly can be an even more devastating last game cleaner with its Life Orb and amazing STABs and Hidden Power Fighting. Plus, with Substitute, you can use it when a Pawniard wants to Sucker Punch you, and then you win against it with Hidden Power Fighting.

That's all the suggestions I have. Amazing team! Good luck in your future battles!

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi
On top of Yagura's suggestions, I have two quick changes that might help. Both of these would nullify Eren's suggestions, though.

Your team seems a little bit Fletchling weak, since scarfchou is easily worn down; one possible solution would be to replace Larvesta with Ponyta, who can check Fletchling provided Stealth Rock isn't up. Ponyta can also check Vulpix and opposing Ponyta, both of which would also be problematic to a lesser extent; furthermore, in the scenario that an opposing Drilbur or Archen is up against your Fire-type of choice, Ponyta will be able to outspeed and burn them, rendering them much more easily dealt with by the rest of the team.
Ponyta @ Eviolite
Jolly / Impish Nature
- Toxic / Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
Toxic hits opposing Ponyta, but Wild Charge is also a decent option there to further help against Archen, who you currently lack switch-ins for.
Of course, without Larvesta, you're a bit more vulnerable to Fighting-types, so you should probably switch back to slow acrofoo. I would recommend keeping Acrobatics because Mienfoo is a much safer switch-in to opposing Mienfoo than Fletchling given how Fletchling is KOed by a stray High Jump Kick or Stone Edge.

Set-up sweepers that can take on Fletchling look like they could be very troublesome; Omanyte and Bulk Up Timburr are two that immediately come to mind. Defensive Mienfoo can take on Surf Omanyte if its Eviolite is intact, but that's hardly something you can rely on, between Mienfoo usually losing its Eviolite at some point in the match and Omanyte being able to run Hydro Pump. You did mention that Gastly doesn't see much action, so you could replace Gastly with Focus Sash Abra to revenge-kill a variety of set-up sweepers, including Omanyte and Timburr; Abra would still provide you with a powerful Special Attacker, even if not quite as powerful.
Abra @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Knock Off
- Energy Ball
Dazzling Gleam is nice to deter Vullaby from switching in and Energy Ball is necessary to reliably revenge-kill Omanyte, leaving Hidden Power Fighting as the most expendable move here, since Ponyta + Mienfoo + Drilbur should be more than adequate for Pawniard. As such, Knock Off is an alternative to help get rid of bulky Normal-type Eviolites to aid in Fletchling's sweep, since they are unlikely to stay in on your other Knock Off user, Mienfoo. If you do choose to run Knock Off, don't forget that you can change the SpA and Spe EVs to 31 and the EVs to 236 SpA/196 Spe, leaving you with an extra point to put in one of the defensive stats.

That's it for now. Great work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)