Thunder Wave Blissey = too dangerous?

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I run an electivire, then a dusknoir with lum berry.
Noir comes in on blisseys seismic toss, i painsplit to buy time, they activate my lum berry.

With the scouting complete, it's electivires time to switch in.

Typically, most people running blissey are scared to death at the prospect of a motor driven electivire, so i scout with Ice punch, and when they switch (which they typically do), i hit a ghost or somesuch.

So, i think Twave blissey is the hardest to pull off, but definitely the most annoying.

I ran Counter, Aromatherapy, Softboiled, Psychic. That set really confused a lot of People.

For the sake of conversation replace Aromatherapy with Thunder Wave.

Firstly Counter KOs most physical threats, and as such a Blissey could even be used to lure in a Electivire. Basically you just counter and they either attack or switch, with Stealth Rock you deter switching, or punish it, so it'd work well with a Stealth Rocker.

Basically what I'm saying is that Thunder Wave is not for every team, but it you are set up to handle Electivire then go for it because it does help for the most part.

Before I get "Psychic lol", it put the hurt on many a Gengar who was like "lol Blissey wall time" and caught fighters on the switch.

electivire after a speed boost with a life orb and the standard set is very hard to stop. mainly because one of the most used physical walls, skarm, cant take two thunderpunchs. but an electric move is the ONLY thing electivire can switch in to, its still a fragile pokemon that cant take a hit. but electivire can also counter itself, people are gonna start running jolly electivires eventually to outrun adamant ones after a speed boost.

I don't think anyone's mentioned that CBHera wouldn't mind coming in on t-wave. Yeah, you lose speed, but not many things are gonna survive an attack from Hera on the switch.

Then again, t-wave can be great on Blissey too since you bait lots of physical beasts like Ttar and Metagross. I don't think using t-wave is too dangerous, you just need to do a bit of scouting before using it.

The answer really depends on your team. Right now I am playing a team that can't afford to have electivire get the motor drive boost off (because I risk getting swept), so I don't use any electric attacks.

If you've got a hard electivire counter (which is hard to find) or a team that can counter even after a motor drive boost, you can go ahead and use T-wave.

swampert is a pretty effective electivire counter. i might consider using twave on my blissey because i also use swampert.

I don't think anyone's mentioned that CBHera wouldn't mind coming in on t-wave. Yeah, you lose speed, but not many things are gonna survive an attack from Hera on the switch.

Then again, t-wave can be great on Blissey too since you bait lots of physical beasts like Ttar and Metagross. I don't think using t-wave is too dangerous, you just need to do a bit of scouting before using it.
Most Pokemon can OHKO Heracross, so he relies a lot on speed. You may kill blissey, but they kill Heracross.

^Hrrm aside from psychic,fire and flying moves and a heavy cb artillery(gross's mash for example)he survives a lot.The trick would be to predict something that can't kill him switching (non psychic/HP fire gengar,non fire punch electivire etc)in and switch in hera at that point.A paralyzed hera will either kill the foe if he stays in or kill wathever comes in(aside from bulky stuf that is resistent to the move hera throws at them).

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The problem with Motor Drive is that it doesn't make Electivire any more powerful than normal, just faster. It can't get around its walls whether it's boosted or not. Basically, an Electivire counter consists of being a defensive pokemon with a mostly neutral typing (such as Cresselia or Dusknoir).

People stopped using T-Wave on Blissey? News to me.

I already run Jolly Electivire. :P That 299 Speed bump is the single most important number in the game. But Electivire isn't in my new team. :(

The answer really depends on your team. Right now I am playing a team that can't afford to have electivire get the motor drive boost off (because I risk getting swept), so I don't use any electric attacks.
What about Gyarados?

I ran a Blissey with counter/seismic toss/aromatherepy/softboiled (will admit to using an AR for seismic toss since I dont have emerald) ...this worked pretty well, KO a swampert and another physical sweeper in one match thanks to counter. Its downfall is it cant to jack against ghosts. I may drop aroma for t-wave/sing and s-toss for ice beam.

People shouldn't knock counter, it can devistate teams if they cant OHKO blissey

Counter on Blissey is just amazing. You have no idea how many Metagrosses, Swamperts and Aerodactlys I've killed thanks to Counter.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ice Beam came over T-Wave in Adv for a good 8 months...

yes i did not read anyones posts after this but seriously?

I think we've been through that already.

Anyway, what are the chances of Blissey carrying Counter and Thunder Wave? Since Softboiled is neccesary, that leaves you to choose between Seismic Toss, Ice Beam, Aromatherapy, Stealth Rock etc.
mine has counter and thunderwave.

massive HP and no defense, blissey was MADE for counter.

DP is too fast for aromatherapy anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)