Thunderstorm. (wifi uber rain team)

I made this team because I was being annoyed by all the weather teams out there, so I decided to control the weather myself.

Kyogre

Kyogre@choice scarf
ability: drizzle
EVs: 252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 Hp
Nature: modest
-water spout
-ice beam
-thunder
-Hidden power (grass)

Kyogre is the obvious start to a rain team because of the endless rain. However, Kyogre is also able to 6-0 sweep a lot of the teams i face just using water spout. If the opponent doesn't have a resistant pokemon or a chansey/blissey, they are pretty much dead. Ice beam is to take out all the dragons that will resist water spout, thunder is there because its powerful and doesn't miss in rain, and hidden power grass is for the silly people who try to counter Kyogre with quagsire or gastrodon.

Manaphy

Manaphy@leftovers
ability: hydration
EVs: 252 Hp/128 Def/128 SpDef
nature: timid
-tail glow
-rest
-ice beam
-surf

Manaphy is my status absorber. Tail glow is absurdly powerful, with +3 to special attack. Rest and hydration fully heal manaphy in one turn. ice beam is to take out dragons, and surf is there becuase it has double stab in rain.

Arceus-Ice

Arceus@icicle plate
ability: multitype
EVs: 252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 Hp
nature: timid
-thunder
-willow wisp
-judgement
-surf

Arceus-Ice is my special sweeper/arceus destroyer. thunder and ice judgement make a better bolt beam. Surf is there because of the stab in rain. willow wisp is there to render arceus normal, dark, and ghost useless because of the attack cut if I don't kill them first with judgement.

Forretress

Forretress@leftovers
ability: sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp/252 SpDef/4 def
nature: Sassy
-stealth rock
-toxic
-protect
-rapid spin

Forretress is my rapid spinner/SR user. Forretress is usually able to either rapid spin then stealth rock or set up stealth rocks and toxic the opponent. This can usually stall out a Choice Palkia locked on outrage/spacial rend.

Kingdra

Kingdra@life orb
ability: swift swim
EVs: 168 Atk/252 SpAtk/80 Spd
nature: naive
-outrage
-Waterfall
-draco meteor
-hydro pump

Kindgdra is my mixed attacker/revenge killer thanks to Zephyr's post. I didn't go with the 252 speed because I realized this could probably counter choice scarf Palkia if its locked on thunder. or it could just revenge kill it. and to out speed it needs at least 72 EVs, but I like the number 80.

Rayquaza

Rayquaza@leftovers
ability: air lock
EVs: 212 Hp/208 Atk/88 SpAtk
nature: brave
-flamethrower
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon claw
-Earthquake

After using this team for a couple games, I realized I had a huge disadvantage if a ferrothorn showed up. I remedied this with raquaza. Flamethrower 0Koes ferrothorn because rain doesn't cut its power in air lock. Raquaza can also be a DD user but I usually don't use it until they send out ferrothorn.

Threat list:

Looking through Jumpman's threatlist, I found that many of the pokemon in the list were obsolete in 5th generation and many new have come into being, so I took some of the threats in his list, and added some of my own.

Azelf: OKOED by water spout/judgement/+3 ice beam(I think)
Breloom: OKOED by ice beam/flamethrower. Usually I switch in rayquaza.
Gliscor: OKOED by ice beam/water moves
Jirachi: unless it has 252 hp and 252 spdef, it gets killed by water spout. if it doesn't, it gets revenge killed by kingdra.
Machamps: never actually seen one in ubers, but it gets killed by water spout.
Scizor: raquaza switches in and uses flame thrower.
Tyranitar: gets crushed by kingdra usually. it also gets revenge killed by kyogre/kingdra.
Groudon: Ice beam from kyogre is at least a 2KO. Judgement is at least a 2KO
excadrill: not usually seen, but is still a threat. surf from arceus can kill it unless it is focus sashed. also, I could switch in kyogre to halve it's speed, considering it is usually used after tyranitar.
ferrothorn: If they take out rayquaza, I'm dead unless I get a crit ice beam/judgement.
Mewtwo: Mewtwo is OKOED by water spout.
Darkrai: OKoed by water spout
reshiram/zekrom: both killed by Kingdra, and revenge killed by arceus.
arceus Normal/dark/ghost: water spout can kill it unless it is extremely bulky
arceus steel: flamethrower 2KO
Deoxys-D: judgement 2KOs
Deoxys forms not called D: Judgement OKoes.
Giratinas: OKoed by judgement/Ice beams
Ho-oh: anything water kills it. usually water spout.
Lugia: Spam moar water spout
Blaziken: USE ALL THE WATER MOVES!
Garchomp: Ice beam/judgement OKoes
CS palkia is a huge threat. I'm dead if they have one.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man. Not a bad team you got going here, but you could be sporting a much better Kingdra set than the one you're using right now. First off, Iron Head & Double Edge do little to nothing for your team, or Kingdra in general. Second, Choice Band is just not a good set for Kingdra, and is better left to other Pokemon. Thus I'm going to give you a Mixed LO Kingdra set. This will let you do tons of damage when you switch Kingdra into the match, the only thing capable of safely switching in is Ferrothorn, which you should be able to wear down. Also switching from a Choice Band set is good because Steel Arceus can set up and sweep your team if Kingdra is locked into Outrage. Here is the set:

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Nature @ Naive
EVs: 152 Atk /252 SpAtk / 100 Speed
-Draco meteor
-Hydro pump
-Water fall
-Dragon Pulse / Outrage

Good luck!

Thanks for the rate and moveset Zephyr. At first I thought it would be a bad idea to run a mixed Kingdra because I would have a hard time against chansey, but then I realized a special move would draw the chansey out.

Hey there not bad team but a few changes should be made here. how about change kindra to sub dd with leftovers since choice band does let you hit harder but after one dd your faster and hit as hard. plus Ice arceus should be changed to normal or ghost Arceus is very deadly but with ice its not as good as it could be . but it`s your team and gl

Kindra needs DD to do seriousbdamage, and... Nothing on your team resists electric. Enemy scarf Kyogre will 6-0 you

You lack a reliable Kyogre counter as well as an Arceus counter, which is bad. Luckily, I have solutions.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4hp/252Satk/252spd
-Spacial Rend
-Thunder
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast/Hydro Pump

Everybody uses this thing, and for a good reason. It kills Kyogre, it revenges a lot, and it can cause a crapload of damage. Draco Meteor kills Darkrai, Fire Blast murders Ferro, and Spacial Rend and Thunder are obvious.

I hope my suggestion helped.

Pic made by Aaragornbird

Might want to beware of mixed dialga, especially if its running bulk up, because your team really wont be able to handle that. Rayquaza is your only pokemon that could take down dialga if it chose to switch in, and if dialga is in beforehand and has gotten one or two bulk ups its gg with outrage fire blast bulk up and thunder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)