Thundurus-T

i think choice and 4 attack or 3 attack+agi LO sets are the best way to go while 101 speed is nice, it's no were near as nice as base 111 was so it's harder to go for a NP sweep when your revenged killed by so much more things than your base form was and or be a general prick without prankster T-wave to punish non elec immune scarf users.

Thundurus-T really got to pay for its monstrous base special attack stat. I think that it will need a lot of team support in order for it to succeed. It might not be able to make Ubers again (101 speed? Really, GF? Must you put another special monster in OU? Isn't Latios enough for you trolls?). I don't have confidence in it setting up, so a Scarf/Specs set with Volt Switch will have to suffice. If it is used on a Volt-turning team, Rapid Spin support is necessary. Decent, overall, but very frail.

before i've said that double dance was good but i also think modest agility is pretty good. i've yet to try the scarf set.

formes can't be used to break species clause so you can only have one of a mon even if they have another forme or more.

the scarf set is amazing. i made a sand team and i needed something to hit rain hard and it works well.

So I've used Thundrus-T in a couple of battles now, And i must say, This guy is such a great scarfer. With his amazing base 145 special attack. He's a great late game sweeper.

Has anyone used sub+3 attacks. I've been getting some nice results with it. A base 145 sp.atk stat is good enough alone to damage opposing mons. Just switch in to something that can't hurt thunder and get a sub on the switch in.

Would it be possible to run a mixed attacker with a life orb. If you invest in speed EV's you will still out speed most threats. Then Thundurs has access to wild charge if you want the physical STAB. Thoughts?

I'm just theorymoning, but Thundurus-T looks frail to begin with and taking away its health with wild charge doesn't seem like a particularly smart thing to do. Especially when you loath priority and SR to begin with.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nobody should disregard NP Thundurus-T because its a very real threat now. Yes, the speed drop means it can't sweep through some of the fastest offensive pokemons in the tier (fighting trio, lati twins etc) but it's still an incredible wall breaker. +2 Focus Blast just hits so hard, and kills most of the Pokemon i've seen people use as "checks" to deal with Thundurus (Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, etc). It's not like base 101 is slow by any means either (though you're less likely to sweep offensive teams now).

The best part is that unlike the original Thundurus, Thundurus-T is immune to electric moves, which means that defensive jirachi's that rely on thunders to stop you are fucked and T-wave Blissey / Ferrothorn are limited against Thundurus.

Give it a chance, you won't be disappointed.

An uninvested base 90 attack makes even Blissey laugh at you.

wild charge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Calm Blissey: 39.21 - 46.35%
Sure, but if you had spikes or rocks set up that would be beneficial. Suck that Thundurus-T doesn't get any other physical electric moves. I guess you wouldn't have to use a STAB move; then I could see Zapdos be more beneficial. I'm going to run the calculator on some other Pokemon other than golden scenario Blissey. I like shofly12 justification better.

If you wanted to run a mixed set you'd probably be better off running Thunder and Superpower for stuff like Chansey, although Tornadus is better for mixed set anyway.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
this is going to be child's play when volt absorb raikou is released in this rain dominant meta.
Can't wait to see that, for sure. If the metagame hasn't evolved into something more balanced by the time DW Raikou hits shelves, Rain is in for some pain. The standard SubCM set seen in UU on occasion will now be a tool of destruction in the hands of a madman.

Okay, all rhetorical strategies aside, Raikou's a boss. Thundurus-T, go cry about your base speed more please.

When i was seeing the therian formes stats for the first time, the first one i looked at was Landorus-T. it had amazing attack but lost to the original in speed. Than i looked at Thundurus-T. It equals Landorus in speed, and has as much special attack as Landorrus-T has physical. So... this guy is awsome. IMO it can play the role of scarfed revenge killer + volt turning tactic (or bluff the scarf with expert belt) much like landorus does in the sand. Until now i've only tried the expert belt set and i love it, the same way i love it on landorous. though i reckognize that it can also be a very powerful and destructive wallbreaker with the choice specs. i also see some use in the sub set and agility set as well.

BTW u-turn over volt switch, to avoid the electric immunities, especially gastrodon. I've found that guy to be ultra annoying.

Finally i'd like to state that it looks like rain offense will be taking the main role in the metagame (but i'm kinda new to competitive battling so my opinion doesn't really have much value i guess), and Thundurus-T will take a major role in this teams

Ppl should try the scarf set with volt switch, thunder, hp ice, uturn. It works so well. Can just u turn on all those ground switch ins and once those are gone volt switch away. Such an awesome set. Try that instead of focus blast guys. It works!

atm I don't have access to a simulator so I'm just theorymoning and have no B2W2 experience at all but I really wanna try sub + 3 attacks, sub + agility, double dance and modest LO agility. IMO most people will just go for choice but I'm thinking that the LO agility set is gonna be an amazing cleaner and lategame sweeper. Maybe you could pair this with something capable of tearing teams down (terrakion?) and just let thunderus mop up the remains. However I do agree it is much too weak defensively and priority murders it so maybe add something to kill priority users? Any ideas for teammates?
EDIT: What about a rain abuse set with hp water and thunder?

Thunderus-T @Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)/ Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Agility
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast/Hidden Power [Ice]/ Grass Knot
-Substitute/ Hidden Power [Ice]/ Grass Knot

Something like this?

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Is Yache Berry worth considering on Nasty Plot sets? It could survive Mamo's Ice Shard and KO back with Grass Knot or Focus Blast.

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower

Been using that on my Rain Offense team and it works like a charm, Clean OHKO on Ttar, 2HKos Blissey/Chansey.The other moves are typical of the man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)