Other Tier Shift Rain Team

Hi, guys, this is my first Tier Shift RTM. The first time I saw this tier, I just loved it and tried to build a really powerful team. After a lot of tries, I realized that rain was the most powerful weather, since it's main key mons (Kabu and Poli) receives a 15 points boost in all of it's stats, beeing really powerful. Knowing that, I decided to build my rain team, which has given me very good results all the times I tested it.

Teambuilding process:

The first mon was really obvious. With a 105/90/115 new bulk, Politoed came as my bulky rain inducer.

Then, I added my rain sweepers. Kabutops, now when it is in NU, is a powerful physical atacker with 130 atack points and 95 in speed. Kingdra only receives a 5 point boost in it's stats, but achieves 100 point offenses and bulk.

After having my rain core done, I needed a Mega. Scizor came as a bulky sweeper and U-Turn pivot that benefits a lot from the rain, losing it's fire weakness.

As a second pivot, specially defensive Rotom-Mow came to the team. Is also benefits a lot from rain and can burn dangerous physical atackers and use powerful leaf storms.

Seeing the entire team, I noticed that something was missing. I needed a stealth rocker, and Archeops, with it's 125 base speed, was the best to do that as a suicide lead.

In depth:

Crazy Frog (Politoed) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

New stats: 105/90/90/105/115/85 BST: 590
413/X/306/246/268/206
Crazy Frog is my unique rain inducer, with a restalk physically defensive set to allow it to set up the rain more times. Scald is prefered over hydro pump or surf because its considerable probability of burning the target, and ice beam is here only for coverage. 248 HP evs make my HP number odd, reducing the stealth rock damage when Poli enters the battlefield (a very important thing since I don't have a defogger or spinner).

Trilobite (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Brick Break

New stats: 75/130/120/80/85/95 BST: 585
291/394/287/X/206/279
Kabutops is the main physical sweeper. With sword dance + life orb and a base 130 atack, it can reach an amazing atack to kick with a powerful waterfall under rain. Stone miss is selected over rock slide because of the power, and brick break gives me good coverage and a good answer against Ferrothorn (also allow me to elininate screens, which otherwise would be annoying). I don't give it an usual max/max EVspread because it's speed is so high and it will be doubled, so I decided to improve a bit it's physical defense.

King of the Seas (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 136 Atk / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Waterfall
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon

New stats: 80/100/100/100/100/90
301/270/212/328/236/246
Life orb Kingdra is my special rain sweeper. It's set is really mixed, allowing me to hit some special walls very hard with waterfall, with a decent atack invested with 136 EVs, while the rest is for special atack to hit as harder as possible with it's STAB and to speed to be as faster as possible. Flash Cannon is only to have something to do against fairies, which otherwise can switch in safely into the dragon type atacks.

Evolved Trilobite (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal => Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off
- U-turn

M-Scizor is my bulky sweeper as well as my offensive pivot with U-turn. Roost gives it a reliable way to recover HP, beeing imposible to kill in rain, where it only has x2 fire weakness. Knock off is so good against stall, to cripple eviolite walls and eliminating leftovers recovery from some mons that depends from it. Bullet Punch is simply for priority and U-turn to scout.

Weed Cutter (Rotom-Mow) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Leaf Storm

New stats: 60/75/117/115/117/96
323/X/286/266/350/228
Rotom-M is my specially deffensive pivot. It can burn physical foes and gain momentum with volt switch. Pain split is it's only way to recover HP, and can cripple walls with an enourmous amount of HP like Chansey and Blissey. Leaf Storm is obligatory STAB, and only hits with an enourmous power even without special atack investment.

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Taunt

Archeops closes the team as the suicide lead stealth rocker. I usually lead with it to set up SR and block the foe's ones with taunt, and then procceed to hit with endeavor if I received a lot of damage (more than 50%) or Head Smash, which is extremely hard beeing from a 155 base atack mon. Stealth rocks are a very important support for the rest of the team, and endeavor allows me to destroy bulky mons which otherwise I won't be able to kill with full HP using my sweepers.

Threadlist:
: Rotom-M kills, Kingdra seriously damages with LO Draco Meteor, Politoed takes it hits while can recover from status with restalk.
: Scizor knocks off and u-turns. Kabutops can set up a SD only fearing T-wave. You can run lum berry if you want.
: Scizor can RK if has low HP, Rotom-M burns, Kingdra & Kabutops seriously damages it under rain. When enters vs Politoed, I'll probably have to sacrifice something.
:
Rotom-M can take an ice beam from a deffensive one and seriously damages with it's STABs.
: Depending of what defense have invested, Kingdra or Kabutops can make good damage to it. Scizor walls when sleep clause is active unless HP fire, but it doesn't make so much damage under rain.
: Rotom-M burns and kills. Scizor takes play roughs and can heavily damage it with BP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)