Time to Breed? OU RMT

I am using this as my constant team and have been doing so for a while. I have been laddering with it for some time, peaking at a rank of 12 and a rating of 1630. This team has also made several surprising wins against highly ranked players. However, my risky, fragile offensive style does mean this is not a wholly consistant team.

This is an fragile offensive team, playing to break their walls, destroy their strategy and sweep in the late game. I rarely win 4-0, 2-0 or 1-0 is the more common score, on players of all skill levels. However, this is team that will only bring you victory if you play sharply, and take care of the fragile pokemon .It's a strange way to win, but my team revolves around taking risks, banking on what I predict opponent is most likely to do and breaking down their team structure using a toe to toe battling style.

The main issues for this team are:
  • 2x Pursuit weakness
  • 2x Electric weakness
  • Only 1x Steel Type
  • Fragile Offense is more easily worn down by Stall

The main good points for this team are:
  • Fragile Offense has a high risk, high reward tempo :)
  • Starmie, Gyarados and Gengar have slightly unusual sets ;)
  • This team has everything except a wall; a spinner, a ghost, a priority and pursuit user, a wallbreaker, two pseudo status absorbers, a tank, a phaser, a Stealth Rock user, an Explosion user, two Intimidators and a pokemon called Hoofle!

As far as passive damage goes:
  • 4 immune to Toxic Spikes
  • 3 Immune to Spikes
  • 2 Weak to Stealth Rock
  • 1 Rapid Spinner

Here is my team at a glance :

General Team Strategy :
Starmie begins the battle on an offensive high, 1/2HKOing almost every lead used. It can rapid spin the field clear as opponents flee and return later as a late game sweeper. Scizor and Salamence now go toe to toe with the enemy. Swampert will switch onto an electric or physical attack and sets up Stealth Rock. It can also Roar, ruining chaining teams and set up Gyarados and Suicune etc. It carries Hydro Pump aswell, as it 3HKOs rotom formes and does heavy damage to scizor attempting to set up. Gengar is my safety net. It will destroy any rampant scarfers, Swords Dance Lucario, DD Mence and Gyarados etc. Many people don't expect ScarfGar, so it can get unexpected kills on set up sweepers. It's naive and so can even revenge kill other ScarfGar, and Adamant DD Mence. Explosion is a good option to kill that hateful Blissey, so I sacrificed Hidden Power Ice for it. (it may also have had something to do with the fact that I recently bred a perfect explosion Gengar :P) Gyarados will come in late game, onto a pokemon it resists, absorbs any statuses as it sets up (the most common way to for enemies to try and stop sweeps these days) and destroy their team. Gengar and Gyarados are definitely my two most valued pokemon. It is also worth noting that if Starmie survives to this point, it makes an excellent wall breaker, killing weakened Tyranitar, Infernape, Rotom and co. Overall, the idea is to slowly break up their team then either sweep it's weakened structure or break down each individual pokemon until they are left with one very counterable pokemon. Both of these strategies require prediction based risks. but allow this team to destroy even the most established strategies.

My Team: Poke'Hoofle!

Anti-Lead

Heavaness the Starmie @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump / Surf
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

Summary
My favourite lead ever, currently now being considered as an Analysis worthy set. I can potentially 1/2HKO every common lead barring Tyranitar (which it can reduce to 88% if I stay in). it serves as an early spinner, late game sweeper and is very reliable, even with hydro pump.

Why Hydro Pump over Surf?
Hydro Pump 2HKOes almost all Rotom, Bronzong, Jirachi and Zapdos, which Surf sometimes cannot achieve. Hydro Pump OHKOes Lucario, offensive Scizor, some Magnezone. Hydro Pump brings standard Tyranitar into SR killing range, brings offensive Latias and Celebi into Ice Beam range with Stealth Rock Damage. This is why Hydro Pump is worth it. End of =D

Moves:
Hydro Pump is an excellent attack on this unusual but effective anti-lead. My use of it stemmed from being fed up of the range of standard leads used consistently, which is about 8. The shaky accuracy can sometimes lose me the initial advantage but is almost never game-breaking. If the opponent is Metagross, Bronzong, Jirachi this will 2HKO them, which combined with Starmie's excellent speed is fun to use. Tyranitar is 2HKO but should always be ran from, as they use crunch 9 times out of 10, expecting you to stay in and attack with water, this allows Scizor a free scout. If the opponent is weaker, such as Infernape, Azelf (speed tie :o), Heatran etc, Hydro Pump will 1HKO them or bring them to 1Hp, while they set up Stealth Rock. This allows me to use rapid spin to remove the rocks and finish them off. I am considering switching to surf.. although Hydro Pump is what gives this lead such a huge potential, it has missed alot recently, almost at a 50:50 rate :o Grass knot owns Swampert at all stages in the game, and bulky waters (except Vaporeon, but LO prevents me outstalling it anyway). Ice Beam kills all the flyers that remain.

EVs and Nature:
Max Speed outspeeds everybody but Aerodactyl, Jolteon, Weavile and Scarfers and ties with Azelf, who is often carries psychic and fire blast, so it finds it difficult to KO Starmie.

Team :
This Lead often removes the chance of Metagross and Heatran blowing up one of my other Team-mates. It also keeps Salamence and my other pokemon much more stable by removing Stealth Rock. However, later in the game, it is not a sturdy spinner so mid-game Stealth Rock sometimes still hurts me :'(. Natural Cure allows Starmie to absorb status leads as well.

Issues:
Lead Breloom and Roserade can be catastrophic if I predict wrongly. Spore/Sleep Powder can be absorbed well with Natural Cure, but Seed Bomb will OHKO. Azelf's speed ties are scary and ScarfAzelf's U-turn hurts like anything. The rare dugtrio lead walks Starmie and sets up Stealth Rock. Scizor’s pursuit 1HKO’s but speedier versions are killed by Hydro Pump. Lead Tyranitar are troublesome, as they often back Pursuit. Thankfully, they barely ever use it, expecting me to stay in and try and kill it a water attack.

Synergy:
Grass to Scizor, Salamence, Gengar,
Electric goes to Swampert,
Bug goes to Scizor, Gengar, Salamence, Gyarados
Ghost goes to Scizor,
Dark goes to Scizor,

Wall Breaker

Popcorn the Salamence @ Life Orb
Intimidate
Naive
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Outrage / Brick Break
Flamethrower / Fire Blast
Earthquake / Brick Break

Summary
Possibly the best all-round Salamence set, simply due to the sheer amount of pokemon it kills easily. The best wall breaker in the game in my opinion.

Moveset:
I used to run an Infernape over this slot, and having run this set, I realize it hits more walls more effectively, especially those I have no other counter for. Draco Meteor is almost a cure-all... accept it's a Death...All? It certainly Kills most enemies and dents any others. The only trouble is that I sometimes need my Flamethrower after this attack, but it's now weak :o. Brick Break can be used over Outrage, and as Outrage is a risky move and often not viable, unless used as a clean up move... and between Scizor, Gengar, Starmie and Gyarados, I have plenty of clean up systems. Brick Break makes Blissey much less of an issue and helps Salamence to fulfill his primary duty, breaking walls =D
Outrage Is normally used after Draco Meteor or when Salamence can do no more, due to low Hp or no more specific targets. It's powerful and combined with Earthquake, kills Blissey. Flamethrower kills (comence list of must-kills) Scizor, Skarmory, Fortress, Heracross, Breloom, Bronzong (after some persistance) and Celebi. Earthquake here is a powerful steel killer, that isn't affected by Draco meteor's SpA drop. It here deales with Lucario, Jirachi, non-HpIce Infernape, Magnezone and Metagross.

EVs and Nature:
Max Speed, to outrun fast walls, unboosted sweepers and the like. I like the attack and spec attack evs here, as I use both ends of the spectrum roughly equally, and these ev's give my roughly equal Att and SpA stats.

Team:
This is a WallBreaker, sent in to destroy any unprepared pokemon or any pokemon that Stand in the way of Scizor or Gyarados sweeping. Salamence also absorbs a ton of attacks, such as ground, fighting, steel, bug, grass and so on.

Issues:
The main disadvantages this Wall Breaker has over Infernape is the lack of speed, tieing with other Salamence is pretty risky. After Draco Meteor, Flamethrower becomes much weaker.

Synergy:
Ice goes to Starmie, Scizor
Rock goes to Swampert
Dragon goes to Scizor

Trapper

Alice the Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 164 HP / 12 Spe / 80 SpD
Bullet Punch
Superpower
U-Turn
Pursuit

Summary
Many people decide not to use Choice Band Scizor on principle, as it is so overused, but it's just such a fantastic battling tool that they're missing out. The Swords Dance set gets more credibility for not becoming locked, but it's more of a late game sweeper and this is a far truer Celebi and Latias counter, due to it's higher SpD and U-turn.

Moveset:
Love or Hate it, I love Cb Scizor and the moves it provides. U-Turn is excellent for scouting, gaining advantage defeating weakened psychic types, such as Latias, Jirachi, Celebi and Cresselia. Pursuit deals with some of the above as well, but also traps Gengar, Starmie and Azelf (although it often uses fire to avoid this). Superpower hits Tyranitar and Blissey for a 1HKO, but also several dents lots of pokemon than are sent in to take it, such as bulky waters. Finally, Bullet Punch is still as broken as ever, capable or late game sweeping, destroying sweepers and giving Scizor a last powerful hit on it's deathbed.

EVs and Nature:
Max Attack and adamant nature, to deal the most damage with all of Scizor's powerful moves. A little trickle of Speed outspeeds fully Hp boosted Scizor, but most my Ev's also go into Hp as well, bulking Scizor up. The special defense allows me to survive a Hp Fire from celebi if I'm at full health and hit back for a suprising OHKO with U-Turn.

Team:
Scizor has so many roles. It can trap annoying choice scarfers, late-game sweep, kill blissey, absorb outrage, hit ANYTHING first and take Salamence's Ice threats. U-Turn also allows Scizor to scout for Salamence and Gengar.

Issues:
Magnezone goes without saying, so U-turn is recommended until you know their team, or predicting with Superpower. Being set up on, although Gengar kills most of these.

Synergy:
Fire goes to Starmie, Swampert or Salamence, Gyarados

Late-Game Sweeper

Torquoal the Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Intimidate
Adamant
EVs : 60 HP / 252 Atk / 198 Spe
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Bounce / Earthquake

Summary
In my ideal world, all DD Gyarados would see the light and run this set. The idea, inspired by panamaxis' BounceDos, for scaring away Celebi. However, the number one thing Celebi and other pokemon do to stop a sweep is to status you. Lum Berry gives you the extra Dragon Dance you need to sweep, reducing the sweeps fragility.

Moveset
Dragon Dance is obviously key to this set. After one Dragon Dance Gyarados is faster than all Starmie and Azelf. Key poke’mon that require two Dragon Dances to outspeed include Choice Scarf Breloom, Heatran and Flygon, as well as anything with more than 115 base speed. Waterfall, after a Dragon Dance, will 2HKO 80% of all OU Pokemon. Some do resist it, however, such as Salamence, Zapdos and bulky flyers. Stone Edge Picks them off. Celebi and Breloom resist Waterfall too. Bounce OHKOs Breloom and Gyarados absorbs spore with Lum Berry. Celebi’s Twave will fall flat against Lum Berry, then it will retreat out of bounce, allowing my to hit somebody else hard, with a 30% to paralyse. When Celebi switches in again, the added Stealth Rock Damage will allow a OHKO. Before of them predicting Bounce however.
As Status is the most common way to stop Late Game sweepers, Gyarados’s Lum Berry often enables a sweep.

EVs and Nature
Max Attack gives the most effective sweeps. The speed outruns 115 pokemon after a Dragon Dance and positive natures +1 100 after two Dragon Dances. While this use may be limited, I decided it was a useful function to have in exchange for 4 Hitpoints. The Hp Evs give extra Bulk.

Team
Gyarados is primarily a late-game sweeper, but under the right conditions, it can DD up in the mid game and break it right open, which is really useful. Stone Edge + Lum Berry kills Togekiss.

Issues
Gyarados’ main problem is taking powerful neutral hits more than once which can end it’s sweeps 9 times out of 10, especially after Stealth Rock damage. Speaking of which, if Starmie fails to Rapid Spin, Gyarados only wants to be switched in once.

Synergy
Rock goes to Swampert
Electric goes to Swampert

Tank

Hoofle the Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
Torrent
EVs: 240 Hp / 194 / 56 SpA / 20 Spe
Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Avalanche
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Roar

Summary
Swampert had everything this team needed, it's a very bulky pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock, absorb electric attacks, phaze the opponent and hit back with strong attacks. A fantastic utility and tank pokemon.

Moveset:
Hydro Pump hits Scizor and other pokemon quite hard and Earthquake smashes up steels such as Metagross, Lucario and Heatran. Stealth Rock really improves my team's potential for 2HKOes and is normally the first move I use with this set, on a switch and with Roar is good for hurting Salamence, hazing and screwing up an opponents switch in and wrecking Baton Pass Teams. However, as my strategy involves loads of switches between both players, this is only useful on some pokemon setting up, such as Rhyperior and Scizor.

EVs and Nature:
These EVs give Swampert decent defenses in any Angle. These allow Avalanche to be used to it's full potential, but most importantly it prevents Special Attacking Rain Dance Kingdra sweeping this team. Although it has less defense than other Swampert, my team has two intimidators and bulky yet powerful special sweepers such as Kingdra, MixMence and Latias.

Team:
Swampert absorbs electric, rock and fire attacks (I have no other electric resistances, so this stops SpecsJolt). It sets up SR, allowing all my other pokemon to have a nice time. Roar stops my team being a-set up on, and gives me the solution to baton pass that I never had:O. This is also my only reliable SD Scizor counter.

Issues:
It could be bulkier, to be honest, but it still does well. This set can't Ice Beam Salamence. This is because I can roar it away as it sets up. Flygon is just a difficulty. It doesn't have Heatran's secondary fire attack and can’t take to many powerful Scizor attacks. It's slow.

Synergy:
Grass goes to Scizor, Salamence, Gengar

Revenger

“Emily” the Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Naiive
EVs: 252 SpA / 178 Spe / 80 Atk
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Explosion / Hidden Power Ice

Summary
Nobody expects Naive Scarf Gengar over Modest Scarf gengar. Nobody expects an exploding Scarf Gengar either. This very fast, quite powerful and slightly unusual revenge killer keeps almost every set-up pokemon in the game in check.

Moveset:
Shadow Ball is a powerful STAB, key, as this set has less SpA than most Choice Scarf Gengar, due to the lack of Modest nature. I hurts the rotom appliances fairly well, Azelf, Alakazam and hits well on Metagross and Bronzong. Thunderbolt hurts blulky waters abd flyers, can finish off weakened DD mence and destroys Gyarados. Explosion has a chance to kill Blissey with the Wishpassing EV spread almost anything with sub 190 Defense. Finally, Focus Blast hits steels, Tyranitar, Dark types and pretty much anything that walls the other moves. I know that trick is glaringly absent from this set. This is for two reasons, 1. I hate using it and I struggle to use it effectively, 2. I feel I need all these moves equally.

Evs and Nature:
I run a naive Gengar to outspeed enemy ScarfGar. I also outrun... pretty much everything else, even Jolteon and Ninjask. Because of the naive nature, Gengar does not need all it's speed Evs, so they have gone into Attack to boost the power of explosion.

Team:
This is a true revenge killer. It will rid my team of that mean old Sweeping Dragon, as well as numerous other threats. With a bit of predicition, it can also get some surprise wall 1HKO or 2HKOs, giving my other pokemon more room. She also takes Fighting, Normal and Ground Attacks wonderfully. It often saves me from Baton Passed killers, such as Lucario and Rhyperior.

Issues:
Scizor's pursuit, obviously, it like another weakness. It counters so much that it can frustrate you, when you revenge one thing then the opponents sends in another pokemon you know you could own :P.

Synergy:
Psychic goes to Scizor or Starmie,
Ghost goes to Scizor,
Dark goes to Scizor,

Threat List:

Offensive Threat List

Abomasnow:
Salamence, Scizor, Gyarados and Gengar.

Aerodactyl:
Starmie takes him down to 1Hp with Hydro Pump. He hits me with Stone Edge, doing roughly 55% damage, I finish him off with Rapid Spin and remove rocks. After than, Stealth Rock kills 1HP Aero and Scizor kills it otherwise, as does gengar. Swampert can Hydro Pump.

Alakazam:
Scizor can pursuit, Gengar can revenge kill, Swampert absorbs at least one attack and can phaze or Earthquake.

Azelf:
Scizor can have a go, but both are 1 or 2hkoed by Fire Blast. Explosions go to any of my steels and Gengar can revenge kill. Gyarados OHKOs after DD.

Breloom
It can only come in on Scizor's pursuit or Swampert, but it's tricky to dispatch. Swampert is great for absorbing sleep but could be OHKOed with Seed Bomb if I mispredict. Gengar doesn't fear Focus Punch breloom much at all and can Shadow Ball or just Explode. Gyarados can face a non substituted one easily enough, dragon dancing up (absorbing spore with Lum berry) then bouncing or stone edging. Scizor's Bullet Punch will break the sub and then Breloom unless it runs.
Starmie's Ice Beam kills. Salamence kills with either Draco Meteor or Outrage. If I know my opponent has it, I can lure it with Swampert.

Crobat:
Scizor resist it’s attacks and can hurt it badly with Bullet Punch. Gengar can kill with thunderbolt or explosion. Gyarados can absorb sleep with Lum berry and stone edge.

Dragonite:
Salamence intimidates and is faster than MixNite. Scizor Walls Outrage. Gengar can Revenge Kill with explosion after SR or switch in on a DD. Gyarados kills after DD.

Dugtrio:
Scizor kills with BP. Gengar is faster and can switch out. Salamence can Switch out, so only Starmie is threatened. If Starmie is in good health, it can take a Night Slash and kill with Ice Beam. However, it will die to Sucker Punch. Swampert can take hits and kill with Hydro Pump.

Electivire:
Lure it for an icepunch, switch to Scizor and U-turn for big Damage. Gengar outspeeds and is immune to fighting earthquake, plus it takes the other punches okay. Swampert takes all attacks and Earthquakes. Gyarados kills with Waterfall after DD.

Empoleon:
Gengar thunderbolts or Focus Blasts even after they set up. Salamence Earthquakes, Scizor uses Superpower. Swampert Earthquakes or Roars them away. Due to the lack of a high powered electric move and the fact that most Empoleon carry grass knot, it is hard to counter. Lead Empoleon can be hit by Salamence. Empoleon is just too bulky to take down easily :(

Flygon:
Can revenge or predict kill with Gengar. Can be killed by Starmie if not Scarfed. Same with Salamence. Scizor and Swampert take outrage. Swampert can try and Hydro Pump. Gyarados can kill after DD but needs 2 DD to outspeed all variants.

Froslass:
Scizor, Gengar, DD Gyra, Swampert kills with SR Roaring.

Gallade:
Salamence is an okay revenger, unless it has stone edge or ice punch. However, Outrage should kill it. Metagross can hurt it with Earthquake and Meteor Mash. Scizor can attack with Bullet Punch or U-turn. Gengar can try for a 2HKO with Shadow Ball. Gyarados can Waterfall.

Gengar:
For choiced. I lure in a shadow ball / hp ice and Scizor pursuits it. If it’s not choiced, I can still lure out that attack and bullet punch it. Gengar outspeeds normal Modest ones. For normal, my Scizor and Gengar kill them.

Gyarados:
Intimidate, Draco Meteor works well with Salamence. Starmie revenges bulky Gyarados and Gengar Revenge kills ALL Gyarados.

Heatran:
Salamence can switch in on an earth attack or fire attack and Earthquake back. Gyarados needs 2DD to outspeed but has waterfall. Gengar KOs with Focus Blast. Starmie outruns some and Hydro Pumps. Swampert has Earthquake.

Heracross:
Salamence do well against Megahorn and Close Combat, Metagross does well against Stone Edge. Scizor can OHKO when it’s around 80%. Starmie and Gengar can revenge kill with Ice Beam.

Infernape:
Starmie OHKO’s all but ScarfApe, which is rather rare. For those, I have numerous options. Gengar swtiches into fighting attacks. Salamence absorbs Fire, Fighting and Grass, so can switch in on these moves if it is choiced. Scizor can revenge kill the weakened Ape. Swampert takes all but Grass Knot and has Hydro Pump and Earthquake. Special Mixnape is a huge danger to my team though, as it outspeeds and 1/2HKOs 4 of my 6 pokemon.

Jirachi:
Swampert has Earthquake. Salamence 2HKOes with Earthquake or Flamethrower, except for scarfed versions. Gengar can kill some weakened Jirachi, including scarfers. Gyara kills with +2 DD waterfall and damages it hard with +1 Waterfall. However, ScarfRachi really hurts my Team, as only Swampert and Gengar can outspeed and damage it.

Jolteon:
Scizor can revenge kill them if they are weakened. Swampert takes electric attacks and can hit back with Earthquake. Gengar can revenge kill, beware of shadow ball. Only Gengar can OHKO with explosion, as Swampert is killed by HP grass, Salamence is OHKOes by Specs versions, Starmie gets owned, Gyarados gets owned by can damage it on the switch in. Scizor is good for bringing Jolteon into Gengar's killing range though.

Kingdra:
Switch in Salamence as it sets up, intimidating it, then switch in Scizor on the Outrage. U-turn out to Gengar and Kill. However, I have no true counter to Kingdra, except to blow him up with Gengar, less than ideal.

Latias:
Scizor can pursuit or U-turn, Gengar can hurt badly with Shadow Ball or HP Ice. Starmie has Ice Beam. Gyara kills with DD Stone Edge.

Lucario:
Gengar absorbs Extremespeed and Kills with Focus Blast. Starmie kills with Hydro Pump. Salamence can outspeed it OHKO with flamethrower. Swampert can Earthquake. Lucario can be an issue, as it stops both Gyra, Salamence and Starmie sweeps with Extremespeed.

Machamp:
Salamence can outspeed and often OHKO. Dynamic Punch confusion is the worst thing. I can usually switch Gengar on Dynamic Punch. Swampert takes the hits well and can Hydro Pump. Machamp is another poke'mon that I rely on prediction and compromises to counter. Gyarados can switch in on Dyanamic punch (lum berry) and force it out with bounce.

Magnezone:
Swampert walls HP Fire sets. Gengar can Focus Blast. Scizor can switch in and Superpower, but be careful not to get caught in a pursuit or BP too early incase the opponent has Magnezone. Starmie outspeeds and can KO it at about 80% with Hydro Pump.

Mamoswine:
Scizor can come in on earthquake, take the ice shard and KO with bullet punch. Starmie can OHKO with Hydro Pump. Gengar can Focus Blast or Explode and can take 1 Ice Shard. Swampert has Hydro Pump. Gyarados kills with Waterfall.

Metagross:
Scizor can come in on the meteor mash, take 35%ish from the earthquake and then U-turn to Salamence or Gengar who can OHKO from there. Starmie 2HKOs with Hydro Pump is only OHKOed back by CB sets. Gyarados will hurt badly with DD Waterfall.. Swampert takes all attacks and earthquakes.

Porygon-Z:
Scizor, Gengar tackle Choice Scarfians. Starmie, Salamence can handle Nasty Plotters.
DD Gyra kills non scarfers.

Raikou:
Scizor hurts with Bullet Punch and rapes substitutes. Gengar can attack first but probably won’t OHKO. Swampert has Earthquake.

Rhyperior:
Try not to let it set up. Starmie out runs and OHKOs with Hydro Pump. Scizor 2HKOs with bullet punch. Salamence can use draco meteor, which is a possible KO without sandstorm. Gengar can Focus Blast or HPice. Swampert can OHKO with Hydro Pump. DD gyra has Waterfall.

Salamence:
Scizor can kill it at about 60%. Gyarados does well against earthquake and flamethrower / fire blast can come in and intimidate the DD version, and then switch to my steel on the outrage. Gengar can stop a DD sweep and Starmie can stop MixMence or Choice Mence. DD stone edge.

Scizor:
Salamence can do okay if it’s at good health. Heatran switches in on a CB Bullet Punch. Gengar can finish it off with Thunderbolt if it switches in on a fighting move. SD set can be killed by Starmie. Metagross can absorb all but X Scissor. Swampert Hydro Pumps and phazes SD. Gyarados.

Staraptor:
Scizor does also and can bullet punch. Gengar revenge kills as does Starmie. Gyarados has stone edge.

Starmie:
Use resistances to get Scizor in on an Ice Beam and then pursuit it and U-turn out. Gengar revenge kills. Starmie is a last resort. Gyarados has a powerful bounce. Swampert can try and earthquake. Ironically considering I run it, my team has great trouble with the Life Orb Starmie that runs Grass Knot, Ice Beam and Hydro Pump. Only Gengar can revenge kill it, and it's scared of Ttar and Scizor.

Togekiss:
Gengar can thunderbolt, as can Starmie. Scizor kills it in poor health.. Salamence can hit with Outrage. Gyarados absorbs twave and has stone edge to OHKO slower versions. This is another pokemon that I need to fudge around with to try and beat, Swampert gets flinched trying to roar it away and Gyarados needs a DD to be a conclusive check. Nothing else on my team can get a clean OHKO with SR.

Tyranitar:
Scizor OHKOs some with bullet punch. Swampert comes in on Stone edges. Scizor does well against crunch. Gengar can revenge kill as can Starmie.

Weavile:
Scizor kills. CB weavile is normally attacking Gengar, Starmie or Salamence. If it uses fighting, switch to Scizor, Starmie, Salamence or Gengar. Ice -> Scizor, Starmie Dark-> Scizor, Salamence (somewhat)

Yanmega:
Gyardos has stone edge. If it does have hypnosis I still have a 40% chance to win. If I do get hypnotised, Salamence. Scizor can do a lot of damage with bullet punch and bug buzz and air slash won’t kill scizor. Gengar can Hp Ice unless it’s speed boosted to mental levels. Starmie has boltbeam.

Defensive Threat List:

Blissey:
Salamence can 2HKO Brick Break. Scizor has superpower. Gengar can 3HKO with Focus Blast Swampert can Haze or Earthquake. Gyarados can set up on it for one status turn with Lum berry, but then it struggles.

Bronzong:
Scizor comes in, U-turns it and then salamence or Gengar to finish it off with Flamethrower and Shadow Ball. Swampert can Hydro Pump. Gyarados.

Celebi:
Scizor unless it has HP fire. Salamence has flamethrower and Gengar and Starmie have Ice. Gyarados can bounce, a 58% to OHKO with Stealth Rock and will normally force it out anyway.

Cresselia:
Scizor does a lot of damage with U-turn. If it comes on salamence, draco meteor + outrage will wear it down enough for one of my other team members to finish it off. Gengar has shadow ball. Gyarados. Really tough to take down.

Donphan:
Ice shard doesn’t KO salamence after SR and intimidate and I can OHKO with draco meteor. Usually switches in on salamence and proceeds to die with draco meteor. Gengar and Starmie revenge kill. Gyarados.

Foretress:
Salamence and Swampert. Gengar Walls the crap out of Earthquake versions. Steels wall the Gyro Ball version.

Gliscor:
Salamence with draco meteor. Starmie and Gengar do well. Gyarados has waterfall, a OHKO after DD.

Hippowdon:
Pretty much always leads and I Ice Beam, hitting their Celebi if they switch in. Gengar and Salamence can also kill it. Swampert.

Skarmory:
Salamence Flamethrowers or Draco Meteors. Gengar has thunderbolt. Starmie OHKOes with Hydro Pump.

Snorlax:
Scizor’s CB superpower. Gengar has Focus Blast. Swampert Phazes.

Suicune:
Gengar hits fairly hard. Starmie hits hard with Grass Knot. If it comes in on Salamence, Draco Meteor plus outrage will significantly weaken it so one of my pokes can finish it off. If it has ice, then Gyarados can hurt it.

Swampert:
Usually comes in on Salamence. Draco Meteor should take it out. Gengar can kill it off if it’s weakish. Starmie also with Hydro Pump 2HKOs. Gyarados can set up and hurt.

Tentacruel:
Salamence OHKOs with earthquake. Gengar can try and Thunderbolt. Swampert has Earthquake.

Vaporeon:
Starmie and Gengar can 2HKO with Thunderbolt. Draco meteor + outrage will beat it if it comes in on salamence. If it has Ice Beam, Scizor or Starmie or Gyarados.. If it has Hp electric, Salamence beats it. However, Vaporeon is hard to stall out. I sometimes struggle to defeat this little puppy from atlantis.

Zapdos:
Salamence KOs with draco meteor after SR. Starmie has Ice Beam. Gengar has Explosion. Swampert walls sets without HP Grass and can phaze it to death with Stealth Rock, earthquaking roosts. DD Gyarados can kill on a sweep.

Breloom:
Let prefferably Starmie snooze, as it has Natural Cure. Switch to Scizor, U-turn to break the substitute and go to Starmie / Salamence/ Gengar. If he sleeps again then Starmie will re-absorb the Spore. Gyarados kills with Bounce.

Well just to point out your scizor doesn't out-speed breloom, so in all probability its just going to sleep scizor once starmie switches out._.

Your team is horribly overloading Scizor. Just use 4Speed evs, 248HP evs and 4Special Defense evs.
If you think your Flamethrower gets weak why not fire blast?
Usage stats said:
Tyranitar | Move | Pursuit | 31.1 |
Give Starmie recover and some defense evs if you are going to be swtiching out alot.

U can use Trick, on Gengar. Nice Revenger plus it cripels Calmminder/Curser...
I think your Starmie dont live Stone edge from +1/+2 Gyarados =/ Evs in Def?HP? But, well, its a nice build team, really. :nerd:

Although it may seem as if I am overloading Scizor, the attacks it can absorb very rarely come into play. For example Shadow Ball is rather rare, Crunch is also rare, pursuit is much more common and can't be switched out of. Outrage can often be redirected to Swampert, so only Draco Meteor is aimed at Scizor, thus the SpD EVs. Psychic is also a rare enough type and I normally use Starmie to absorb it.

Scizor is my last resort to block many of these attacks, but he is not taking all that many hits in reality. Plus the special defense allows it to counter Latias and Celebi much, better. I can actually survive Celebi's HPFire and hit back for a OHKO with U-Turn.

Starmie is an all out offensive mix, as it takes most leads by surprise. I can't lose any attack to recover sadly, and tyranitar leads almost always use Crunch, expecting my to stay in for a Hydro Pump. If a Gyarados has a dragon dance up and running, I would always use Gengar, Starmie wouldn't survive Stone Edge lol XD.

I would like to try trick on Gengar, but which move could it replace?
They're all rather useful.

I mean replace ice beam as Starmie isnt the best dragon counter
Ice Beam actually hurts many common lead starmie switch ins and counters
Shown below:

Ice Beam at least 2HKOs:
MixMence
Zapdos
Latias
Togekiss
DD Mence switching in.
DD Dragonite
Flygon trying to switch in on Thunderbolt
Gliscor, as Sand Viel ruins Hydro Pump
Breloom, after SR Damage
It Kills Celebi if it switches in on Hydro Pump

I did once, to prove I'm not just being stubborn, replace ice Beam with recover. Starmie, however, found few moments to use recover and was helpless against Latias, Celebi, Zapdos etc.

The Flamethrower comment was more out of annoyance, although I use Hydro Pump in two of my poke'mon, I feel the power is necessary on Starmie and Swampert, to tackle Leadgross/LeadAzelf and Rotom Formes. It also allows OHKOs on offensive Scizor. However, Flamethrower is powerful enough on Salamence to tackle Jirachi, Scizor and Fortress without risking the accuracy.

Thank you for your suggestion :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)