TM Revamp

Because the movepools were not picked based on completely objective criteria, like Alphabet Cup. Instead, this meta allowed its leader to handpick moves based on their viability and flavor, making it inherently subjective. Subjective decisions by the leader of a meta makes it a Pet Mod.

you just quoted The Immortal saying that The Immortal already said that...
Fair point.

I quoted TI's post to alert everyone to the fact that it had already been made, by the way.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This looks so much fun. Nobody will know how to counter pokes now, since they can pack seemingly any coverage they want, or get good coverage to begin with.
A few toys that my eye likes:

Aerodactyl is even better than it is in stabmons. My new suicide lead for sure, rock head head smash and brave bird AND FLARE BLITZ will hit extremely hard even off of 105 attack. I could even slap on a mega stone, as tough claws boosts head smash to almost 300 power after stab, with brave bird going to near 240, and flare blitz going to near 160. Coming off of base 135, those moves, despite being suicidal, can 2hko almost anything, and probably ohko 75% of the pokemon that will be used here.

Please hustle durant! Choice band megahorn is viable, although the accuracy sucks, as a really powerful wallbreaker.

252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 325-384 (89.2 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Superpower vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 149-176 (44.6 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
it can't learn close combat ;(
252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 255-300 (63.1 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
^thats a poke with maximum invested 100/115 bulk. its easily 2hko'd. talk about wallbreaking power...

Azumarill learns close combat. Sure it makes it weaker to priority, but it can take care of steels like ferro easily on the switch.

For the record, there is a TON of pokemon that learn brave bird now. aerial ace is a move with great distribution through its tm, so a lot of pokes have access to brave bird for flying coverage which is one of the best coverage types in the game.

I did not even mention it when i was talking about durant, but meteor mash is cool too. Durant still hates the accuracy drop and would rather run iron head mostly, but with an accuracy increasing item (name won't come to me) it could be usable. especially if it can get dat attack boost. A lot of pokes can now run meteor mash, including skarmory (lol), Aegislash (lol), or even Scizor if you are into that. Not to mention Bisharp as that is amazing for it. And excadrill.

It sucks that false swipe has such bad distribution. I think there will be some good rapid spinners eventually, but false swipe being distributed awfully really hurts the possible benefits it could bring.

All of the sudden, sticky web seems viable. I can see people using scizor, durant, or anything that can learn it, as very good setters, which btw was the main problem with sticky web anyways (besides bisharp). Its definitely more than a gimmick now.

Seemingly nothing in OU can learn nasty plot, and it really sucks. now we get this:
Chansey, Clefable, Diancie, Espeon, Gardevoir, Gengar, Keldeo, Latias, Latios, Mandibuzz, Mawile, Medicham, Rotom-Wash, Smeargle, Sylveon, Terrakion, Togekiss. So relevant pokes to use it? Mega Garde (could be good on web), Gengar (forces switches often), Keldeo (double specs boost damn), the Latis (latias can't with 4MSS), and thats about it. Sylveon? too slow, its a tank, not a sweeper. Yes, Mega Alakazam CAN learn nasty plot. Yes, it is STILL destroyed by ANY priority.

A few nasty plot pokes from the lower tiers are: Chandelure, Gothitelle, Hydreigon, Raikou, Starmie, And Victini. Chandelure could be an insane wallbreaker on web teams, and would probably just obliterate stall at +2. Gothitelle doesn't have much use for it, but it could see some gimmick thing develop. Hydreigon becomes impossible to wall at +2, patching up its only moderately good special attack stat to give it ability to be a great sweeper with extreme power and great coverage. Raikou could be interesting with the right set, especially since it checks so many common pokes its not even funny. So now we have a few nasty plot users, but still, not many. Starmie's speed tier is decent to give it an oppurtunity to sweep, so maybe it wont be total garbage anymore. Some pokes from an even lower RU tier are delphox and exploud(AAAAGGGGHHHH). The gigantic NU tier could have a couple gems in the rough in all categories, but i don't feel like searching through the gigantic mess of pokes down there so i will leave you to find them.

Gengar and Quagsire are OU's only pokemon that gain leech seed, and thats a good thing. Although it makes quagsire even better...

Several pokes gain megahorn however:
Bisharp, Excadrill, Gliscor, Keldeo, Pinsir, Scizor, Scolipede, Skarmory, Smeargle, Terrakion
Sure half of them can't use it, but we can dream right? terrak can probably use it, as can maybe excadrill (?) but other than that most of those pokes don't care or have 4MSS to begin with.

For the record, EVERYTHING has recovery now. LITERALLY EVERYTHING. Swagger was one of the most well distributed tms ever, and as a result everything learns recover. Stuff like mega aggron and other things may be viable.

despite mega aggron, this will be an offensive tier. Many common pokes all of the sudden get overshadowed by bigger threats instantly just with the addition of a couple moves. This looks like a lot of fun. I hope you get the game mode implemented somewhere soon, because i can't wait. AND DONT DO IT IN OTM CENTRAL NOBODY GOES ON THERE!!
Aegislash, Bisharp, and Excadrill couldn't learn Steel Wing, so no Meteor Mash for them.

Salamance and dnite getbrave bird (although it's redundant on nite) for a good flying type stab, in addition kyube gets ice shard which is a scary thought.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Wait so why is Rain Dance and Sunny Day replaced with (at least imo) less competitive moves? I can understand Hail and Sandstorm, but Sunny Day and Rain Dance are/can be used by Chloro / Swift Swim moms (more-so Rain Dance since most Swift Swim are Water-types).

Anyways, this gives Mew a lot more options. Also, a lot of silly things get Nasty Plot, like Rotom, Gengar, Espeon, Cress, and a lot more. Also Knock Off TTar is pretty hype. Another thing - since they get Knock Off via TM, Absol and Weavile no longer have movepool restrictions on Knock Off. Rejoice.

Valmanway

Wait so why is Rain Dance and Sunny Day replaced with (at least imo) less competitive moves? I can understand Hail and Sandstorm, but Sunny Day and Rain Dance are/can be used by Chloro / Swift Swim moms (more-so Rain Dance since most Swift Swim are Water-types).

Anyways, this gives Mew a lot more options. Also, a lot of silly things get Nasty Plot, like Rotom, Gengar, Espeon, Cress, and a lot more. Also Knock Off TTar is pretty hype. Another thing - since they get Knock Off via TM, Absol and Weavile no longer have movepool restrictions on Knock Off. Rejoice.
Sunny Day and Rain Dance don't see much usage from what I can tell, even though weather teams appreciate them. Power/Guard Split replaced them because a) I couldn't think of moves of the same type to replace them, and b) Power/Guard Split generally failed as competitive moves because of their low distribution, so I thought it'd be worth a try to experiment a bit.

Sunny Day and Rain Dance don't see much usage from what I can tell, even though weather teams appreciate them. Power/Guard Split replaced them because a) I couldn't think of moves of the same type to replace them
Aqua Jet, Sacred Fire, Crab Hammer, Eruption/Waterspout, Magma Storm, Steam Eruption... I mean if you'll give semi-exclusive snake moves like candy, why not moves like these?

Valmanway

Aqua Jet, Sacred Fire, Crab Hammer, Eruption/Waterspout, Magma Storm, Steam Eruption... I mean if you'll give semi-exclusive snake moves like candy, why not moves like these?
I wanted to do Eruption/Water Spout, but The Eevee General thought they'd be a bit broken. I can do Aqua Jet and maybe Sacred Fire, depending on if anyone disagrees.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Why not Lava Plume? Could be a cool move on most Fire-types, and a neat move on the non-Fire-types that learn Sunny Day?

Aqua Jet is cool on Rain Dance too.

If a Pokemon learns a TM naturally (level up), say, Alakazam's Psychic, will the move be replaced or not?

Also, Nidoking/Queen have access to SR + both Spikes, Forretress has everything and Flygon has Spikes, TSpikes, and SWeb. Setup will be key in this OM.

Klefki gets Nasty Plot, Recover (noooo), and Lava Plume (Thundurus has a partner in crime...).

Vespiquen gets Leech Seed (it needs more bulk), Recover, Coil (gettin' physical), and Crunch. Because why not?

Everything with Serene Grace gets Body Slam. Let it sink in....

I'd like to point out that most Fire types get all the moves (other than, like, Fire Punch to Volcarona and Fiery Dance to everything else), so most Pokes with STAB Incinerate already have Flare Blitz. That said, Krookodile, Aerodactyl, Mawile, and Salamence get the Fire coverage they need.
/ds incinerate, flare blitz
Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Vulpix, Ninetales, Growlithe, Arcanine, Ponyta, Rapidash, Magmar, and 21 more. Redo the search with 'all' as a search parameter to show all results
All 31 were Fire (bar Smeargle).
/ds fire type
Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Vulpix, Ninetales, Growlithe, Arcanine, Ponyta, Rapidash, Magmar, and 48 more. Redo the search with 'all' as a search parameter to show all results.
That's more than half of all fire types. Missing ones were guys like Arceus-Fire, Castform-Sunny, Rotom-Heat, and Delphox.

Aegis and Shedinja finally give Ghosts a Rapid Spinner! (I think my Monotype is bleeding through)

Valmanway

If a Pokemon learns a TM naturally (level up), say, Alakazam's Psychic, will the move be replaced or not?

Also, Nidoking/Queen have access to SR + both Spikes, Forretress has everything and Flygon has Spikes, TSpikes, and SWeb. Setup will be key in this OM.

Klefki gets Nasty Plot, Recover (noooo), and Lava Plume (Thundurus has a partner in crime...).

Vespiquen gets Leech Seed (it needs more bulk), Recover, Coil (gettin' physical), and Crunch. Because why not?

Everything with Serene Grace gets Body Slam. Let it sink in....

I'd like to point out that most Fire types get all the moves (other than, like, Fire Punch to Volcarona and Fiery Dance to everything else), so most Pokes with STAB Incinerate already have Flare Blitz. That said, Krookodile, Aerodactyl, Mawile, and Salamence get the Fire coverage they need.
/ds incinerate, flare blitz
Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Vulpix, Ninetales, Growlithe, Arcanine, Ponyta, Rapidash, Magmar, and 21 more. Redo the search with 'all' as a search parameter to show all results
All 31 were Fire (bar Smeargle).
/ds fire type
Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Vulpix, Ninetales, Growlithe, Arcanine, Ponyta, Rapidash, Magmar, and 48 more. Redo the search with 'all' as a search parameter to show all results.
That's more than half of all fire types. Missing ones were guys like Arceus-Fire, Castform-Sunny, Rotom-Heat, and Delphox.

Aegis and Shedinja finally give Ghosts a Rapid Spinner! (I think my Monotype is bleeding through)
If a Pokemon levels up a move that's a TM, they still have the level-up move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)