SV OU Touching Grass while it's raining. (Archaludon Rain)

With Archaludon being tested I thought I would give my own take on a rain team.

Here is the Paste for the team: https://pastebin.com/cmXf5MF8

102px-Menu_HOME_0279.png

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Weather Ball
- Hurricane
- Roost

Pelipper here is needed for any sort of rain team. The EVs are basic, just max Defense and HP. U-turn here is for pivot in order to get to another Pokémon to take advantage of the rain. Roost is for sustain. Hurricane is a strong flying move that never misses in the rain. Weather Ball is a strong option for weather based teams and can even let me take advantage of other weather types if need be. Otherwise Surf can be used for more consistent damage. Tera Grass is here for resistance to electric moves while not being weak to Ground either.
102px-Menu_HOME_1018.png

Archaludon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Body Press
- Draco Meteor
- Electro Shot
- Flash Cannon

The main star of the team here is Archaludon. The set is very standard including max HP, some speed investment, and the rest of the EVs dumped into Special Attack. Stamina and is the ability of choice and the combo with Body Press is nice. Flash Cannon/ Draco Meteor/ Electro Shot are all standard on any sort of set for this Pokémon. The Tera for this guy is Fairy as it is a great defensive type.
Menu_HOME_0902-Female.png

Basculegion-F @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Flip Turn

The next Pokemon on this team is Basculegion. For the item and moves I went with Shadow Ball / Ice Beam / Hydro Pump / Flip Turn, and Choice Specs. Flip Turn is for momentum but I usually just spam Hydro Pump, or Shadow Ball. Basculegion also serves a secondary purpose as being a spin blocker due in part to being a Ghost Type. I went with Tera Water as I mainly spam Hydro with this gal.
102px-Menu_HOME_0812.png

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Low Kick / Wood Hammer

Rillaboom provides a lot in terms of value to this team. Choice Band allows for this guy to hit hard. Secondly Grassy Surge not only heals after every turn but it halves the effectiveness of Earthquake; which can allow Arch or another one of my Pokémon to come in due to the reduced damage. Of course this doesn't stop all Ground types. The biggest example is Tusk which not only has Headlong Rush, but also gets Ice Spinner which can destroy my terrain. However it is still something that can be played around and I have two flying types with one being able to handle Tusk easily. Grassy Glide and Knock Off are here and shouldn't need to be explained. U-turn is again for momentum. Low Kick and Wood Hammer can be swapped around depending on the situation. Low Kick can be used to catch Pokémon like Kingambit or Kyurem and knock them out, Wood Hammer is just a strong move and works without needing Grassy Surge.
102px-Menu_HOME_0701.png

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Roost / Substitute

Hawlucha is next, using Grassy Seed he can get a defense boost and activate Unburden, out speeding everything in the tier. Swords Dance is needed for it's damage as it does not have the highest attack stat and can use the boosts. Acrobatics is it's strong flying attack, Close Combat is it's strongest fighting attack. Finally there is another choice, Roost or Sub. Roost can help it survive and not worry as much about it's HP, while Sub can allow it to easily set up on different Pokémon. Tera Flying is for Acrobatics as that is the move to spam.

102px-Menu_HOME_0990.png

Iron Treads @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Lastly is Iron Treads. I needed hazard control and I was weak to electric. Tera Water can help remove some of it's weaknesses. Volt Switch is used for momentum. Earth Power for the main form of STAB because Earthquake is weak while under Rillaboom's Grassy Surge. Rapid Spin is of course to remove hazards that limit my ability to switch. Booster Energy is here as a way to let this guy be a fast threat that can hit reasonably hard. I have also tried running Heavy-Duty Boots due to it being my way to remove hazards, but I have found more success with Booster Energy.

Looks like a good team. Can't really go wrong with rain. I would recommend Barraskewda over Basc, just for the speed, but speed isn't really an issue if you are running Lucha. Just going to say that pastes are usually done on pokepast.es instead of Pastebin.

Looks like a good team. Can't really go wrong with rain. I would recommend Barraskewda over Basc, just for the speed, but speed isn't really an issue if you are running Lucha. Just going to say that pastes are usually done on pokepast.es instead of Pastebin.
Barraskewda for sure. Ghost isn't really giving you any coverage here.

Pretty cool take on rain. Minor changes-

Surf > Flip Turn on Bascu-F. That will give a more consistent late game sweeping option. Flip Turn isn’t that good because her attack is low and you can instead just double out. Not worth it IMO.

Leftovers > Booster Energy
High Horsepower > Earth Power
252 HP / 248 SpDef / 8 Spe, Careful
on Iron Treads.

Iron treads is here in a full support capacity, so it is better to have slower volt switches for your teammates. You aren’t sufficiently damaging anything as it stands. Use HH to better check CM Raging Bolt. With leftovers and Rillaboom support you can heal quite a bit.

Side note: for gosh sakes people stop with the group think. Barraskewda does not fit on this team. Basculegion-F gives the OP a late game special attacker which is needed.

Pretty cool take on rain. Minor changes-

Surf > Flip Turn on Bascu-F. That will give a more consistent late game sweeping option. Flip Turn isn’t that good because her attack is low and you can instead just double out. Not worth it IMO.
Flip ain't for damage, but for getting out of a bad matchup. If the opponent has a good, spdf water type who can take on Basc with ease (for example AV Primarina), Basc can flip turn into rillaboom, who then forces a switch into a defensive steel like Skarm, but can U-turn out into Basc to force the switch back, making an infinite loop until the opponent does a ballsy predict. Surf makes this impossible without doubling, and even then you aren't doing any damage whatsoever. Alternatively, flip turn can be used to get Arch into a threatening position against a bulky water who doesn't want to eat an electro shot for breakfast. It isn't just primarina too, things like Pex (and hell, even slowking-g, who can then tera to take on basc better) can take shadow ball decently, then just switch out into Gambit who now is in a threatening position against your team, forcing a switch into (and chip damage onto) either Arch or Lucha, and keep in mind Lucha will lose its unburden. I would say to replace hydro pump for surf if you want consistency.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Flip ain't for damage, but for getting out of a bad matchup. If the opponent has a good, spdf water type who can take on Basc with ease (for example AV Primarina), Basc can flip turn into rillaboom, who then forces a switch into a defensive steel like Skarm, but can U-turn out into Basc to force the switch back, making an infinite loop until the opponent does a ballsy predict. Surf makes this impossible without doubling, and even then you aren't doing any damage whatsoever. Alternatively, flip turn can be used to get Arch into a threatening position against a bulky water who doesn't want to eat an electro shot for breakfast. It isn't just primarina too, things like Pex (and hell, even slowking-g, who can then tera to take on basc better) can take shadow ball decently, then just switch out into Gambit who now is in a threatening position against your team, forcing a switch into (and chip damage onto) either Arch or Lucha, and keep in mind Lucha will lose its unburden. I would say to replace hydro pump for surf if you want consistency.
I mean like its hard to Flip Turn if you are locked into something beforehand, and doubling out will do the same thing that Flip Turning would do without a little damage. Plus Treads does that anyway.

I would say to replace hydro pump for surf if you want consistency.
Fair points re: Flip and some people like it. I would instead replace Ice Beam with Flip. Surf and Hydro Pump are both needed. Surf is better overall and late game but Hydro Pump is needed for certain OHKOs earlier and mid game on bulkier mons.

After your opponent burns Tera it is really easy to end games by clicking Tera Water Surf. Where as Hydro can screw up and Shadow Ball simply isnt strong enough. Bottom line, Surf should be on the set somehow.

Fair points re: Flip and some people like it. I would instead replace Ice Beam with Flip. Surf and Hydro Pump are both needed. Surf is better overall and late game but Hydro Pump is needed for certain OHKOs earlier and mid game on bulkier mons.

After your opponent burns Tera it is really easy to end games by clicking Tera Water Surf. Where as Hydro can screw up and Shadow Ball simply isnt strong enough. Bottom line, Surf should be on the set somehow.
yep, surf is definitely required, just that flip is also required.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)