XY Ubers Toxic Spikes Offensive

This is only my second post, so please bear with me to some extent. I don't bother much with formatting past making things reasonably organized.

The focus: use toxic spikes to make it easier for the sweepers to break through walls. There is very little defensive focus on my team. I often have to rely on good predictions and outspeeding my opponent in order to prevent being swept. However, it's often not enough. I find I have lots of problem with Xerneas in particular.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Tentacruel is my toxic spikes user. He also provides spin support and walls physical attacks relatively well. Its typing serves this position well, and liquid ooze, when I get to take advantage of it is incredibly satisfying.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn is my only other defensive pokemon. It was a last minute choice. It walls the special attacks, as well as set up many more hazards for my opponents to deal with; however, I rarely have the chance to unleash its full potential in this respect. It seems to have pretty good synergy with Tentacruel.

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 220 Def / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Yveltal is probably my mvp. Yes, it is BT's setup. It provides great bulky offense. However, having sucker punch often lulls me into a false sense of security, and extremespeed from Arceus-Normal gets me every time.

Zekrom @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Volt Switch

Zekrom is on the team to deal with the dangerous annoying flying types in uber. Lugia, Yveltal, Ho-Oh. It's lightning quick and rarely outsped. Bolt strike seems to miss annoyingly often though. With it's speed, it can often hold its own when it counts against opposing dragon types, too.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

I'm not sure if Kyogre is out of place on this team. On one hand, it seems a bit redundant in typing and moveset, doing a lot of jobs that other members of my team are already doing. On the other, it seems to pack a significantly greater punch when doing them a lot of time. It can't really replace them, since its so frail. Water spout packs a heavy punch, even when I don't expect.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Heracross definitely provides a variety of niche roles on the team. It's my only switch-in on Mega-Kangaskahn, it helps break the special walls when Zekrom can't, and it often helps to deal with the psychic types when it outspeeds them. It obviously doesn't do well against flying, but Zekrom has its back in that respect.

Thanks!

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey Qonrad, welcome to the tier.

There are a ton of fundamental issues with this team. Lack of synergy, an unidentifiable core and or archetype, the sets aren't viable, and it gets pubstomped by most relevant threats in the tier. There are so many, in fact, that I can't fix this team without starting from the bottom up.

If you are interested in the tier, however, feel free to send me a PM or VM here, or check my signature to see where else you can find me, and we can build a decent team together.

Good luck!

Hey Qonrad, welcome to the tier.

There are a ton of fundamental issues with this team. Lack of synergy, an unidentifiable core and or archetype, the sets aren't viable, and it gets pubstomped by most relevant threats in the tier. There are so many, in fact, that I can't fix this team without starting from the bottom up.

If you are interested in the tier, however, feel free to send me a PM or VM here, or check my signature to see where else you can find me, and we can build a decent team together.

Good luck!
=(

I knew it wasn't very good, but I didn't think it was that bad. I peaked at around 1210 ELO with it, which I though wasn't terrible. I'll take you up on your offer, I guess. Should I delete the thread then?

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
=(

I knew it wasn't very good, but I didn't think it was that bad. I peaked at around 1210 ELO with it, which I though wasn't terrible. I'll take you up on your offer, I guess. Should I delete the thread then?
Nah man, no need to delete the thread :P I'm on Pokemon Showdown right now, we can build one ^_^

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
=(

You are unable to delete this thread as only moderaters have authority to do so.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Heya Qonrad, welcome to the tier! Like above posters said, this team sadly isn't quite up to par. It heavily struggles against a lot of common Uber Pokemon, doesn't really follow a certain team-structure or archetype and many movesets are lacking and ineffective. That being sad, it is not bad for a first try as you certainly could have done worse. If you want a team that would be able to do well you should consider making a new one however, but since the purpose of RMT's is to help people out with their teams, I will gladly help you out :) I'm going to have to swap around quite a bit, which is why I won't go into too much detail (I'll describe why these changes are better though), but I will try to provide you with a team that is much more solid and you could actually use to get higher up the ladder :]

• Scolipede outclasses Tentacruel as a Toxic Spikes lead. Scolipede can set up spikes much more reliable, it can beat lead-Deoxys and use endeavor to bring an opposing pokemon down to 1hp, which makes up for battling 6 mons while you only have 5 left (if it has already switched in once it will die that turn due to poison damage). I will make the team into "Tspikes Offense", since that kinda seems what you were shooting for. Scolipede is a staple on these kind of teams, and you'll really enjoy it as a lead.
  • Now the BIGGEST issue on this team is EASILY the Yveltal set (I'd much rather use HO with a momentum killer than this set tbf n_n). BT's set is downright trash, to be honest :( The set is a poor mix between an offensive mon and something that tries to take hits. It loses out on a significant power boost, and it can only switch into common special attacks. I replaced it with a standard Yveltal set that packs Foul Play and some defense ev's to help with extreme killer Arceus.
  • Scarf Zekrom is arguably better most of the time, but at least it is better here. Banded Zekrom is actually pretty slow, with base 90 speed being average. Scarf lets it revenge things more easily and I also changed it to scarf because I changed Kyogre to a Choice Specs variant. Specs let it better punch holes allowing for your other mons to clean (using Palkia>Zekrom is actually maybe better but I wanted to at least keep these two mons on the team).
  • Mega Heracross is completely enviable and outclassed. I'm going to suggest a much more powerful and reliable physical sweeper; extreme killer Arceus. Ekiller is a fantastic mon on teams like this because it can easily set up and sweep team if its checks are slightly lowered, tspikes help with doing such. Ferrothorn is pretty much deadweight on offensive teams like these, so I'm going to replace it with a staple for offensive teams. Mega Gengar is a fantastic pokemon because of its ability to remove opposing Pokemon that prevent one of your from sweeping and it also gives you a emergency check to Geomancy Xerneas.
Scolipede (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Pin Missile

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Blast

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 Def / 212 SpA / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Pulse
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Draco Meteor

So that's it! If you want some more help regarding teambuilding in the future, be sure to ask someone on PS! Aenonar already offered, so there you go :) Don't be afraid to ask for some help while you're just starting out, this community is full of nice people that would be glad to help you out :]

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
oh uhhi forgot to mention

we built another team last night, it's not bad

utilizes scoli lead

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Pin Missile
- Endeavor

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 Atk / 248 SpA / 224 Spe
Mild Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Rest

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 104 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

n_n

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

utilizes scoli lead

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Pin Missile
- Endeavor

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Rest

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

n_n
Rest lustkia is not ideal here since it gives the opponent setup chances cough xern cough

Edit- also why adamant ekiller and slow ep lando?

I apologize for poor mechanics I'm on phone.

Edit 2- xern needs 4 more speed if HP fire

Last edited:

utilizes scoli lead

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Pin Missile
- Endeavor

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Rest

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

n_n
Urg you can tell I'm tired when I forget rocks on a team that would clearly be able to fit palkia and thus check ogre better and also have a way of dealing with blaze, and also adamant silk scarf is nice here as you get to pick off lots of stuff (xern, ekiller etc) which removes pressure. Take this team tbf, buuut use my yveltal set as otherwise ekiller is quite a problem especially combined with like zek/ho-oh since it doesn't have mgar. Also Haxiom is right rest xern is kinda a poor choice here bc set up bait for ekiller/xern which is v bad. Also look at my sprites while importing the team they're deli :]]

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
Rest lustkia is not ideal here since it gives the opponent setup chances cough xern cough

Edit- also why adamant ekiller and slow ep lando?

I apologize for poor mechanics I'm on phone.

Edit 2- xern needs 4 more speed if HP fire
ekiller helps check other ekillers, and lando survives +2.5 extreme speed

he's right about lustkia tho, go for thunder wave or toxic over rest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)