Transition into B/W (OU)

Hey guys!
So, ive been playing B/W a while now, and I´m getting used to the new meta game.
A few of my guys that I usally use all the way since Blue/red became OU, wich I have mixed feelings about, but I guess its good :).
Now on to the team.

I R LEAD (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Roost

While my long time love affair with Aero has given me fun times, and bad times, im sad to say, B/W sure is hard.
Im basically faster than everything, but the ability for the other player to "see" my lead has hurt me much.

The power he packs should not be underestimated though.
Fire fang replaces Taunt to compensate my inability to take on steel pokes,
stonequake gives almost complete coverage and it hurts like hell.

Plastic Duck (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

A good tank even in D/P, and now with Eviolite he..she.... it...
is a total beast, and takes hits like nobody´s business.
Trace is also one of my favorite abilities on the game,
and probably the only reason I break my Gen 1 Theme.

Toxic recently replaces Psych up, since im a bit more stally this generation,
and it also helps me VS bulky waters that otherwise gives this team a lot of hurt.

Trololololol (Vaporeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roar
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald

The other tank.
Now here im quite torn, while I love Vaporeon for its looks and also its awesome wish support,
I feel like I really dont have anything to actually pass I wish to.
On the other hand, the ability to soak up water attacks,
and also slow down physical attackers with a burn from scald have me confused on what to do.
I´m seriously thinking about Slowbro here instead, but that would leave me much more open to Gengar,
but would allow me to handle steels/psychics and fighting better.
Thoughts?

The favorites:

So here is the core of my team, until recently Gyarados joined the ranks,
but I got so sick of seeing it not only in my team, but in about 90% of all other teams during D/P so sadly, it had to go.
So the fantastic 4 became 3, but they are still awesome.
Cloyster, Nidoking, Gengar.
Look past the movesets for just a sec... Can U find more badass pokes anywere? Doubt it!

These guys have been a part of my team since R/B and while getting me to remove 1 of them is far from impossible,
you better have a really good reason :).

GettingSoHot (Cloyster) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

The standard Shell Smash set, but with a Focus Sash instead.
Recently I have been leading off with this guy from time 2 time, and it has been working great.
While im still low in rating, it gets me many free wins on the ladder.
Using it early on to take down 1-2 guys not only helps me a lot since the team is pretty fragile,
it also removes the chance of SR/spikes breaking the sash before I can set up.

REVENGE! (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Gengar is a classic fast ghost that has been seen in many teams over the years, and his role is clear to most people.
Right now im going with sub+3 attack, but im well aware on the disable set, and have been thinking of switching back to playtest some more,
just to handle CB pursuit scizor or any banded Sucker Punches coming my way.
Life orb has just recently been changed from Lefties, the thing is that while lefties saves me many a time since im using sub,
it has also screwed me over, not allowing those very important 2OHKO´s.
Gengar works well together with the Plastic Duck to soak up obvious fighting moves, and hopefully scare the threat away while I set up a sub.

Thoughts on set?

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

And last, but surely not least, while being mostly overlooked in the past generations, B/W has begun to shine some light on this king of pokemon.
With +speed and 252 Ev´s invested the king sits nicely on 295 speed, outspeeding and foremost surprising many pokes.
And with the new awesome Dreamworld ability Sheer force, leave quite a dent in anything unless its immune to the damage.
The Lifeorb boosts the damage even more, without any of the negative effects.
He is fragile, but more often than not my triumph card, and late-game sweeper.
Perfect coverage, perfect everything. <3

So this is my first RMT in quite a while, I hope you like it!
And thanks for your input!

Gammal OUT! PEACE!

You might have trouble with things like Gastrodon and Swampart since you don't have any grass moves. All dark pokemon might give you a hard time (seeing that gengar is super frail and probably wont be able to take on a lot of more bulkier dark types)

I see that you are going for a sorta 1st and 2nd gen theme, which i think is super cool, so i would think about throwing in Machamp somewhere?

You also have no way of shutting down hazards. I would suggest Starmie as a rapid spinner.

Sorry if this wasn't much help, i really like your team, there are just a few holes. I really think you should reconsider taunt for aero. Just keep him alive long enough to shut down the hazards and set ups.

strongly reccoommend heal bell on vaporeon bcuz everything on your team has a status that pretty much make sit useless

Seeing that your team is quag and gastro weak...Try running HP Grass on vaporeon seeing that its a great lure for them.

Nice looking team here :]
For your gengar I'd try switching either Thunderbolt or Focus Blast for Pain Split because nobody likes facing sub split gar.
Also Roar is kind of pointless being you have no stealth Rock Setup so I'd switch that to Heal Bell so you can have an easier time with stall.
Aerodactyl is outclassed by so much. So I'd switch to a Banded or Swords Dance Terrakion to pack the extra punch and sweeping ability.
Also since your in OU abuse what you got. I'd change NidoKing to a Calm Mind Latias This abuses the metagame. Being able to take hits, and set up right in someones face.
Any questions on sets or anything PM me please
Hope I helped :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)