Pokémon Trevenant

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah was thinking on building my first ever team but so i want mega houndoom to be the main guy so a sun team would work well. then i also would get a normal venasaur and build him bulky with a heat rock and sunny day in his moveset
Not bad i guess, but why m-houndoom when you have m-charizard? That extra inducer can be nice, plus the huge spA it has

I confess I haven't read through all 17 pages of this thread, but for the Harvest set in the OP, I'm quite sure phantom force is the superior ghost move to use. It sort of acts as a pseudo protect and allows you to reclaim your berry if you haven't already done so.
I've tried it out numerous times and it genreally doesn't disappoint. Of course, if you fear your opponent using the turn to set up or switch to a normal type, Shadow Claw is a perfectly decent alternative!

Was considering
Trevenant (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech/Ingrain
- Sunny Day
- Curse/Shadow Claw

Can someone try this set? 252 HP/ 56 Def/ 200 SpD Will-O-Wisp Protect is useful, as it gains LS HP, does Burn damage on the opponent, and helps regain
Chesto Berry Leech Seed the Chesto Berry with Harvest. The Chesto Berry gives a nice touch to Resting, and the
Impish Protect Will-O-Wisp helps because this set has way more SpD EVs than Def. Harvest Rest

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is this thing even viable anymore? It has horribly unreliable recovery that can't even bring it above 75%, is set up bait for Charizard X and Talonflame, has a shit ton of weaknesses including a Knock Off weakness (which makes you useless the moment it hits you), and isn't even that bulky. It's a cute Keldeo check, but that's pretty much all it has going for it.

Scotti, get rid of this thread son. Trev so bad <3

Anyways, Trevenant is still kinda OK imo.
It's a good way to check Offensive and Defensive Grass types, but can rarely do anything bad outside of Will-O stalling them. Being a good counter to Breloom has to give some credit and being able to guarantee a burn on it is pretty great top. Good recovery in harvest + sitrus berry. I wish the meta didn't change the way it did sometimes. I honestly miss this thing in OU. #ThrowbacknotThursday

The metagame is simply very unfriendly to Trevenant. There are lots of mons that either a) Carry Taunt b) Carry Knock Off or c) use it as set up bait for it to do its job effectively without losing tons of momentum for your team. It can't even attempt to burn the things it's weak to (Bisharp, Aegislash, Tyranitar) without being behind a Sub or predicting a switch in, due to its awful speed tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)