Trick Room in UU

All the recent talk about suspecting Froslass has pulled me into the UU tier. I haven't played much UU, but I know a good chunk of the Pokemon and what they do. This is my first RMT thread, and I'm quite excited. Let's get onto the team

Teambuilding

I started off with Roserade. She made a good spiker. She also counters bulky water types, like Lanturn, Milotic, and Swampert.

Next came Azelf. She was the main special attacker and sweeper.

Azumarill is an AMAZING wallbreaker that has great synergy with Roserade, so I added him.

I added Bronzong because he fit with the team well, covering its weaknesses.

I needed a scarfer. Mienshao is one of the best in UU, having great coverage with just Hi Jump Kick and Stone Edge.

I was missing a spinner, but my team isn't weak to hazards. I have no SR weak Pokes, two Levitators, and a toxic spikes absorber. Instead, I added a cleric, in the form of Umbreon.

My team was VERY weak to Heracross, as PsYch071c pointed out. I replaced Azelf with a Nasty Plot + Trick Room Cofagrigus.

That's when I realized my team could be a trick room team. Roserade and Umbreon don't mind it, and Cofagrigus, Azumarill, and Bronzong absolutely love it! Mienshao is the only Pokemon that is hurt by trick room, but is necessary if Trick Room isn't up. I lowered the Speed on Azumarill, and gave Trick Room to Bronzong.

That's the team so far. Please leave suggestions if you can.

The Team

Roserade @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 Spd / 252 HP / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Rest

I originally wanted to use Froslass on a team, but since it is illegal in UU, Roserade is a nice alternative. Giga Drain gets STAB and hits Swampert and Rhypherior for 4x super effective damage. Sludge bomb is the other STAB. It is usually what I'll use if I'm not desperate for HP, due to its slightly higher power. Spikes support is the main move of the set, to damage opponents on switch ins. Rest with natural cure is just amazing, since i get all of my health back for no real cost. The EV spread is a specially defensive spread, with 24 Speed EVs for speed creep. Roserade doesn't mind trick room, but it isn't necessary by any means.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers (Formerly Nasty Plot Azelf)
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd / 11 Atk
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot

Thanks to PsYch071c, Cofagrigus is now the main special attacker of the team. With Azelf, my team had a HUGE weakness to Heracross, especially the scarfed variant. Trick Room + Nasty Plot usually ensures a few things will be taken down. And two special moves for coverage. Bulky offense spread obviously, due to it being a trick room sweeper. Also, this thing also easily sets up on Dusclops. It looks like a boss too :D. It can set up Trick Room for Azumarill and Bronzong if necessary. 4 Speed to outspeed other Cofagrigus outside of Trick Room.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Return

Azumarill is an absolute monster in UU. It has decent synergy with Roserade. Huge Power makes its attack just two points less than Groudon. Equipping it with a choice band makes this even more powerful. EV Spread is 252 HP, to be able to take hits quite well; 252 Attack to make this thing insanely powerful.Brave Nature boosts attack, and lowers speed for Trick Room . Aqua Jet is useful to alleviate his poor speed. Waterfall is reliable stab. Superpower is for things like Eviolite Porygon2, and return is for extra neutral coverage. Azumarill benefits from Trick Room, from either Cofagrigus or Bronzong

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room.
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Bronzong helps the team with defensive synergy due to its numerous resistances + levitate. Gyro Ball allows it to hit somewhat hard, even uninvested. Toxic helps with walls such as Umbreon, Slowbro, and Slowking. Stealth Rocks just gives extra offensive support. Physically defensive spread, along with 0 IVs in speed + relaxed nature to power up gyro ball. Trick Room helps Cofagrigus and Azumarill succeed.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Naive Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace (formerly HP ice

Every team needs a scarfer, even a Trick Room team, just incase Trick Room isn't up. Mienshao was my choice. 105 Speed and Hi Jump Kick is just really appealing. I chose Regenerator over Reckless because mienshao hits hard enough in my opinion. Also, Reckless only powers up Hi Jump Kick. Stone Edge for extra coverage against flying/bug type pokemon. U-turn for the psychic types and momentum. Thanks to PsYch071c for suggesting Aerial Ace.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play

I chose Umbreon for two reasons. My team currently could not hit ghost types for super effective damage. Also, I did not have a spinner. My team isn't weak at all to stealth rocks, so i added cleric support instead, in the form of Umbreon. Wish and Protect allows me to scout other Pokemon. Heal Bell cures Azumarill, Azelf, and Mienshao of burn or paralysis. Foul Play allows me to break subs and not become complete set up fodder.

Any feedback will be appreciated. My team currently has no super effective moves against ghosts, other than the weak Umbreon. Also, I currently only have one fire resist, but I'm not sure who i should replace. Also, Azumarill and Roserade are close to forming a Fire-Water-Grass core, but I'm not sure which pokemon to use. Thanks in advance for recommendations.

Importable :
Roserade @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 Spd / 252 HP / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Rest

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Return

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Thank you PsYch071c for suggesting the Nasty Plot Trick Room cofagrigus set, and to switch to aerial ace over HP ice on Mienshao.

Last edited:
Bump. Nobody has commented yet. Does it usually take this long? Or am I doing something wrong? Thank you so much for advance for bothering to respond.

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Teammate Suggestions:
Right now, the team you are running is wrecked by Scarf Heracross. Nothing on your team can take a Megahorn, and it will pick your team apart, forcing Mienshao to continually Aerial Ace while Hera switches out freely. I also don't think Azelf is doing your team any good because it is so frail, a waste of a teamslot on a bulky offense or balanced team like your own that needs to be able to take hits. Therefore, you should replace Azelf with Nasty Plot TR Cofagrigus. You get the Heracross counter and bulkier mon that your team needs while not losing much offense. Trick Room Cofag also works very well with CB Azumarill, who wrecks offensive teams with Trick Room up. I would definitely say keep Aerial Ace on Mienshao over HP Ice, it is much more important to be able to shut down Heracross than it is to take a chunk from Gligar, you have other ways of dealing with it. You should also change the EVs to 252 speed Jolly, so you speed tie with other ScarfShaos.

Suggested Changes:

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

PsYch071c, thank you for responding. You are right about Heracross destroying my team. Bronzong is the only thing that can kinda take a megahorn. I actually have switched using aerial ace on Mienshao, and it is working well. I will start making the changes immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)