Trick Room OU

Hey Guys. I love using Trick Room teams, but the one i put together doesn't always to great, at times it's awesome but at others it's not. So i could really use some help.

PREVIEW

Jirachi @Leftovers
Serene Grace
252 hp/252 att/4 def
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch

I Couldn't initially decide whether to lead with a Bronzong or a Jirachi. I Chose Jirachi because he is more offensive, and he is a great counter to dragon/ground/flying pokemon, such as gliscor or Salamence, with ice punch. And Iron head is reliable because of stab and the 60% chance the opponent will Flinch becasue of serence grace.

Slowbro @Leftovers
Regenrator
252 Hp/252 Def/4 Sp.A
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Yawn
- Fireblast

I like slowbro because he is a very good defensive pokemon and can counter fire types(a big weakness on my team). i can use yawn to force a switch and set up trick room. He is one of the most reliable Pokemon on my team

Scizor @Leftovers
Technician
252 Att/252 Def/4 Hp
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Super Power

Bullet Punch with Scizor is my favorite revenge killer, and with a few swords dances Scizor can pull off a major sweep even after trick room ends becasue of bullet punches priority. U-turn is great at countering Physics and dark types, and superpower takes care of steel type pokemon.

Reuniclus @Life Orb
Magic Guard
252 Sp.A/184 Hp/72 Def
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Reuniclus is so powerful under trick room. focus blast can take care of Tyranitar and Psychic is a great stab move. plus hes a great switch in since he is immune to weather can entry hazards. He is probably the best trick room user on my team and doesn't let me down often.

Metagross @Leftovers
Clear Body
252 Att/252 Sp.A/4 Hp
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Grass knot
- Psychic

Metagross is a great mixed attacker. Grass Knot is great for countering water types and psychic is again a great stab move. Hammer arm is probably his best move because of it's power and because he loses speed it guarantees he will move first in trick room. The only thing is that he is the third steel type on my team and my team is very weak to fire, so if slowbro or salamence go down my team is finished. I do like metagross though and under trick room he is a force to be reckoned with.

Salamence @choice Scarf
Moxie
252 Att/252 Sp.A/4 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Thunder Fang
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire blast

When all else fails and i can't set trick room up, i have Salamence to save the day. I like this set because it has great coverage and can inflict lots of damage on a lot of threats. Thunder Fang comes in handy against rain teams and earthquake against fire type pokemon. I was not sure whether to use a life orb or choice scarf, but i haven't had any problems with it yet.

First off, nice team!
It's nice to see some variety in the OU meta, and Trick Room is a great option for catching the standard teams off guard.

I did notice one problem however, that Mence.
Lonely nature is not advised..at all. Since you're deciding to go with a C Scarf and also hoping to pack some Special attacks....Wait, that never works out too well.

Without a spinner, Mence can't afford to be landing weak uninvested special attacks and switching(weakness to SR). You'll also be losing the Atk boost upon switching, which I'm sure you're doing constantly.

If you want to maintain that great coverage I suggest MixMence. You're not outspeeding scarf threats anyway. You're walling them and setting up T room.

Go with:
MixMence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate, Naive Nature
252 Spe / 252 SpAtk / 4 Atk
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake/Brick Break (Rachi or Tyranitar)
-Roost ( For longevity)

You can play around with the move set and the Atk-SpA investment, mostly because Mence is just that versatile. I see it fitting on your team much better than a slow scarfer with Atk investment but Special coverage.

Hope I helped!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello.

This is a nice Trick Room team you have here. Trick Room is rarely seen nowadays, so props for using it. So, this team looks good, altough it has some flaws, and I'm here to fix those flaws. So, without further adu, let's get to the rate. First up, Jirachi simply will not work in a Trick Room team for obvious reasons, so I suggest that you replace it with a Trick Room Victini. Trick Room Victini is an excellent Pokemon, as every time it uses V-Create, it becomes "faster" than the other Pokemon on the battlefield when Trick Room is in effect. Also, Victini has excellent coverage with its moves to take care of many OU threats. Moving forward, I'd like to suggest changing Reuniclus' EV spread to one of 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA over your current one. These EV's give Reuniclus the bulk it needs while also giving it the Special Attack it needs to be a special attacking powerhouse. Finally, I suggest giving Metagross an EV spread of 252 Atk / 228 SpA / 24 SpD and a nature of Brave or Quiet, depending on if you want it to hit more on the Physical or Special Side. Staying on Metagross, I would like to suggest using Meteor Mash and Hidden Power Fire over Hammer Arm and Psychic, respectively. Meteor Mash is a great STAB attack for Metagross, and it can possibly get an attack boost if it hits. Hidden Power Fire helps you hit Scizor, Ferrothorn, forretress, and other steel typed Pokemon. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!

Victini @ Life Orb Lv. 100 -- Victory Star

Nature: Brave - EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

- Trick Room
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)