Trick room team for the Nintendo doubles tourney.

Togekiss @ chesto berry
relaxed
252 hp, 156 def, 100 sp. def
follow me
encore
heat wave
Air Slash

Togekiss acts as a bait tank while Bronzon sets up. If one of the opponents used fake out turn 1 or some other setup move, I can encore them. It has some attacks for anyone who decided to taunt. Switched to chesto berry for the dark void smeargle that will be running rampant.

Bronzong @ lum berry
sassy
252 hp, 128 def, 128 sp. def
trick room
explosion
Iron Head
light screen

I decided to drop my double screen latias and just give the job to Bronzong after it sets up. As suggested, Iron head over gyro ball for more consistent damage and the flinch factor.

Machamp @ Life Orb
brave
252 hp, 252 atk, 6 def
dynamic punch
thunder punch
ice punch
Rock Slide

As suggested, I dropped earthquake for rock slide and gave it life orb since Abomasnow is gone.

Rhyperior @ Passho berry
Adamant
252 hp, 252 atk, 6 def
swords dance
fire punch
Rock Slide
earthquake

Once again dropped stone edge for Rock slide. Passho berry to ensure it can at least survive long enough to get a Swords Dance off. Fire punch over megahorn for scizor coverage and for accuracy.

Slowbro @ leftovers
Sassy
252 hp, 176 def, 80 sp. def
calm mind
trick room
surf
psychic

An alternate trick roomer that can bulk itself up to become a sweeper as well.

Parasect @ muscle band
Brave
252 hp, 252 atk, 4 def
Swords Dance
Spore
X scissor
Brick Break

I couldn't think of any other good item for parasect. x scissor and brick break give it decent coverage along with a screen breaking move. I would've given it leftovers but if a fire or flying type move hit, it's dead anyhow.

Well, i dont think special tank/sweeper-ish vaporeon will be very good...
So maybe turn it to bold and have maxe defence, because it will help a lot more, and surf will still do quite a bit, then give it protect when bronzong explodes so you dont have to worry about taking out one of your teamates.
And you have EQ, and no only two pokemon that resist is, but, i guess thats okay in 4 v 4 Double Battles.

First things first - no Explosion on Bronzong, you don't even have Protect.

You also may want to consider another lead (though I don't know what would do a good job) because T-Kiss Bronzong, is infamous, and people will have prepared for Trick Room. So you may want to try something a bit more sneaky...

Machamp I like, but do run Rock Slide.

Rhyperior is excellent, though if you are aiming for offense, you are going to want to run Marowak instead who hits alot, lot harder, and does not need to SwordsDance. However, considering you have Doubles and can Trick Room while Rhyperior Swords Dances, it may be better to keep things the way they are. So it's up to you.

I don't see why your so worried about weather though. You don't use many Special Attackers, so Sandstorm may not be a problem. Rain Dance and Sunny Day are used with fast sweepers, you will love seeing their faces when you Trick Room. Hail isn't too much of a problem for your team. There are several possible alternatives. Tanengrowth or Ursaring could provide some extra power to your team. Camerupt (only if you get rid of Rhyperior) is deadly with Eruption and Explosion (so a ghost would be useful on your team). Another possibility would be Azumarill (huge power abuse rocks with a Follow Me user allowing Focus Punches)

Vaporeon looks pretty good, although a possible alternative would be Parasect. If you are going with Tanengrowth, keep with Vaporeon though.

I'll see if I can find some other things that could help.

By sneaky, do you mean bronzong's partner? If so, my original was a double screen latias. Its speed allows it to set up a wall to avoid bronzong dying. If I give it protect over helping hand it'll be able to act as cleric for bronzong's replacement. I'd love it more if it had follow me.

What builds would you suggest for those 3 alternatives?
tangrowth:
wring out
energy ball
focus blast
ancient power

ursaring:
close combat
facade
EQ
ice punch

parasect:
spore
xscissor
swords dance
brick break

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
I think you need togekiss for the follow me just so if they have a fast taunter (ex. crobat) and a fake outer (ex. infernape) they could fake out latias and then taunt bronzong which will end your chance of getting trick room up. Plus latias is a little to fast to be in a trick room. Oh and I would suggest taking off choice items since you won't be able to switch much and if they resist your moves that would be bad.

Yeah, I've taken more of a look, and you are going to have to keep the leads unfortunately. Too bad it's going to be obvious, just make sure that they don't notice you are running Trick Room.

Somtething you do need is a second Trick Room setuper... I personally would suggest Porygon-2 because it can still manage sweeping thanks to Download. Though Porygon-Z would work as well, but it is much, much more fragile.

Tanengrowth should be mixed or physical. That means
-Power Whip
-Energy Ball/Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Your choice here

For Ursaring, don't run Close Combat, run Hammer Arm, which rocks in Trick Room, as it makes you slower.

Parasect's set looks nice though.

Make sure you leave yourself with enough Blizzard resists. Maybe your alternate Trick Roomer I was talking about could be Slowbro/Slowking though.

And Tyler's right, I can't believe I did not notice it, but you should not
ever run Choice Items in TR unless you are using a Trick Scarf Lead.

For Toegekiss, ditch Aura Sphere and run Air Slash instead. Those Flinches will come in handy.

Bronzong is your choice - keep Gyro Ball, or run Iron Head for additional flinching.

You may want to run Megahorn on Rhyperior over Fire Punch, but it's not required.

How about this lineup:
togekiss @ razor claw
air slash
heat wave
encore
follow me

bronzong @ light clay
iron head
explosion
trick room
light screen

slowbro @ leftovers
surf
calm mind
trick room
psychic

Machamp @ life orb
thunder punch
ice punch
Rock slide
dynamic punch

parasect @ muscle band
spore
swords dance
x scissor
brick break

Rhyperior @ pssho berry
swords dance
fire punch (scizor killer)
rock slide
earthquake

Slowbro over vaporeon lets me keep an anti-blizzard and have an alternate trick roomer too. I want to use ursaring, but rhyperior after 1 swords dance is stronger than ursaring.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
Okay, here's my new roster for the 2v2
Togekiss @ razor claw
relaxed
252 hp, 156 def, 100 sp. def
follow me
encore
heat wave
Air Slash

Togekiss acts as a bait tank while Bronzon sets up. If one of the opponents used fake out turn 1 or some other setup move, I can encore them. It has some attacks for anyone who decided to taunt. Can someone also confirm whether or not razor claw + air slash + serene grace = 80% flinch rate?

Bronzong @ light clay
sassy
252 hp, 128 def, 128 sp. def
trick room
explosion
Iron Head
light screen

I decided to drop my double screen latias and just give the job to Bronzong after it sets up. As suggested, Iron head over gyro ball for more consistent damage and the flinch factor

Machamp @ Life Orb
brave
252 hp, 252 atk, 6 def
dynamic punch
thunder punch
ice punch
Rock Slide

As suggested, I dropped earthquake for rock slide and gave it life orb since Abomasnow is gone.

Rhyperior @ Passho berry
Adamant
252 hp, 252 atk, 6 def
swords dance
fire punch
Rock Slide
earthquake

Once again dropped stone edge for Rock slide. Passho berry to ensure it can at least survive long enough to get a Swords Dance off. Fire punch over megahorn for scizor coverage and for accuracy.

Slowbro @ leftovers
Sassy
252 hp, 176 def, 80 sp. def
calm mind
trick room
surf
psychic

An alternate trick roomer that can bulk itself up to become a sweeper as well.

Parasect @ muscle band
Brave
252 hp, 252 atk, 4 def
Swords Dance
Spore
X scissor
Brick Break

I couldn't think of any other good item for parasect. x scissor and brick break give it decent coverage along with a screen breaking move. I would've given it leftovers but if a fire or flying type move hit, it's dead anyhow.
There is a few things wrong with yours leads. Dark void screws them over. I would suggest, and keep in mind its only a suggestion, but I think you should run lum and chesto berry on your leads. I think I am going to do that just so smeargle can't f**k me over. And follow me won't do a thing to dark void since it hits both opponents either way.

Maybe you could switch out bronzong for a dusknoir. If they use like heat wave it would bring bronzong down and then if they used muddy water then you wouldn't get trick room up and it would be hard to win.

I'm not sure parasect is suck a great idea. You should probably switch it out for something like metagross since metagross hits hard and is fairly slow.

There is a few things wrong with yours leads. Dark void screws them over. I would suggest, and keep in mind its only a suggestion, but I think you should run lum and chesto berry on your leads. I think I am going to do that just so smeargle can't f**k me over. And follow me won't do a thing to dark void since it hits both opponents either way.

Maybe you could switch out bronzong for a dusknoir. If they use like heat wave it would bring bronzong down and then if they used muddy water then you wouldn't get trick room up and it would be hard to win.

I'm not sure parasect is suck a great idea. You should probably switch it out for something like metagross since metagross hits hard and is fairly slow.
Yeah I realized dark void would kill my Bronzong, so at the very least it'll be equipped with lum berry. I might switch Togekiss to chesto berry now that you mention it. The razor fang seems kind of random, although it's a +12 or 21% increase in flinch. Its speed is a bit high so I doubt it'll always go first after trick room anyhow. How would muddy water screw over trick room?

The reason I picked parasect is for spore and for dry skin. I absolutely loathe the idea of resorting to smeargle dark void and parasect can swords dance to be great support/ semi-sweeper. Parasect is also almost guaranteed to go first. In the battle tower it goes before my slowbro in trick room, which is quite slow.

A few things... if you aren't going to use Protect on any pokemon, DON'T use explosion on Bronzong, because Bronzong's just going to kills its partner.

"I want to use ursaring, but rhyperior after 1 swords dance is stronger than ursaring." ... then why don't you use an Ursaring with Swords Dance?

About Parasect... I've used it in TR before, it works GREAT... at getting spores down and for support... it's not going to kill anything. Just about all the time, it's best off spamming spores, so it won't have time to do other stuff. Let your other pokemon attack. I'd suggest Relaxed with 252 HP 252 Def 4 Attack instead of an offensive spread. I paired my Parasect with a Rhyperior before, and it was pretty decent. Parasect doesn't even need to use Protect when Rhyperior's EQing due to its 4x resistance (and all those Def and HP EVs). Rhyperior hates slowbro/king because it's faster under TR, but if your Parasect's Speed IV is low enough, it'll "outspeed" slowbro/king and can spore it first. X-scissor or Seed Bomb won't kill Slowbro any time soon. Substitute and Light Screen are good options to have. Subs are basically free when Slowbro's surfing, light screen for letting rhyperior survive longer. But really most of the time Parasect's job is just to spore whatever's awake. Maybe something like Spore / Light Screen / Sub / X-Scissor.

A few things... if you aren't going to use Protect on any pokemon, DON'T use explosion on Bronzong, because Bronzong's just going to kills its partner.

"I want to use ursaring, but rhyperior after 1 swords dance is stronger than ursaring." ... then why don't you use an Ursaring with Swords Dance?

About Parasect... I've used it in TR before, it works GREAT... at getting spores down and for support... it's not going to kill anything. Just about all the time, it's best off spamming spores, so it won't have time to do other stuff. Let your other pokemon attack. I'd suggest Relaxed with 252 HP 252 Def 4 Attack instead of an offensive spread. I paired my Parasect with a Rhyperior before, and it was pretty decent. Parasect doesn't even need to use Protect when Rhyperior's EQing due to its 4x resistance (and all those Def and HP EVs). Rhyperior hates slowbro/king because it's faster under TR, but if your Parasect's Speed IV is low enough, it'll "outspeed" slowbro/king and can spore it first. X-scissor or Seed Bomb won't kill Slowbro any time soon. Substitute and Light Screen are good options to have. Subs are basically free when Slowbro's surfing, light screen for letting rhyperior survive longer. But really most of the time Parasect's job is just to spore whatever's awake. Maybe something like Spore / Light Screen / Sub / X-Scissor.
Thanks for the ideas on Parasect and Ursaring. I'll try breeding a new Parasect for the support build. I'll try making an Ursaring as well and figure out which works better in test battles. How does this look?
Ursaing @ flame orb
brave
guts
facade
hammer arm
fire bunch
swords dance

Also, what should I drop on Togekiss for Protect? I'm thinking Encore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)