Trick Room Wailord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was researching Wailord one day and I saw that it learned heavy slam. Seeing that wailord is even heavier than mega aggron I feel that a physical wailord with heavy slam is a pretty viable trick room sweeper.

Wailord @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpAtk
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

248 HP is used to take less stealth rock damage and have wailord last longer in the battle. Max attack evs along with choice band is used to bring wailord's attack stat to a whopping 459. Brave nature is, of course, used to make wailord as slow as possible so trick room is more effective. We have the ability water veil over pressure so that we don't have to worry about being burned and having out glorious attack stat cut in half. Slap on a partner with trick room and is immune to earthquake and you've got a good duo! I mean i'm pretty sure it's a good duo... please don't hurt me...

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wailord's Attack stat is too low to effectively use Choice Band, and Steel isn't a very good coverage type on a Water-type. If you want a strong Trick Room Water-type physical attacker, use Azumarill, or perhaps Crawdaunt.

pwne edit: /thread. q&a thread next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)