Other [Triples] Turn my swag on - TTar sweeps it all ♥

Im sorry if my descriptions are not long enough to meet the requirement, but i feel like its much easier to justify a pokemon in triples than it is in singles, as triples is basically much more build around strategies than pokemon. Therefore i will at the end explain the strategy i use playing the team.
Enjoy ^^

I mainly used this team when showdown had just gotten the triple battles simulated. Whatever, i peaked #7 and won a tour with it, nough talking, lets get into it.

I don't know why i throw rocks, go away god dammit!
Tynaritar (F) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Unnerve
Evs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Hp
Adamant Nature
Rock Slide ♥ Crunch ♥ Protect ♥ Dragon Dance

I chose TTar as my main swepper because of its good bulk and the fact that it have the highest Attack (when we calculate STAB) rock slide of all pokemon. Crunch is there for cheap wide guard users and broken ferro. The investment is very self explaining, nice speed in tailwind. Protect is to live turn one and dd is to boost myself in situations where i dont need to protect turn 1. Unnerve is explained later.

I really like ttar, i sometimes even cost play her.
Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash <- Unnerve explained
Ability: Own Tempo
Evs: 252 Hp 4 Def 252
Timid Nature
Tailwind ♥ Trick Room ♥ Swagger ♥ Transform

Double speed control allow me to get past some trick room teams, swagger can boost ttar or annoy the opponent and transform allow me to get two ttars on the field. Focus sash is to take one attack and timid nature is to boost speed. the investment grants me max speed and the rest bumped into bulk.

Got damnit TTar sweetie, let me show you real swag!
Klefki (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Prankster
Evs: 252 Hp 252 Def 4 Spd
Bold Nature
Safeguard ♥ Swagger ♥ Foul Play ♥ Substitute

This thing just setup safeguard turn one, and then it turns on ttars swag. Foul Play is to deal some damage and sub is a filler. The investment is just to take hits, just bumped the evs inte deffence and hp while letting prakster do the trick. Item was originally lefties, but i got tired of killing it with chomp :I

TTar, common speed up a bit.
Talonflame (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Evs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
Tailwind ♥ Flare Blitz ♥ Brave Bird ♥ snatch

Talonflame was added as a secondary tail wind setter, and a nice powerfull pokemon. Brave bird is really useful to hit pokemon two fields away. Flare blitz is secondary stab and protect is protect. Snatch deals with gay wide guard users

I feel unappreciated, i need better friends.
Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Evs: 208 Hp 252 Atk 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
Bullet Punch ♥ Bug Bite ♥ Feint ♥ Knock Off

Basically a filler, though a nice priority killer. Faint deals with gay wide guard users.

Alright TTar, you've had a rough day, let me take over!
Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Evs: 252 Atk 4 Def 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Earthquake ▲ Dragon Claw ▲ Rock Slide ▲ Protect

Basically a backup sweeper, eq is main stab, dclaw is to not hurt teammates while still hitting hard and rock slide to get rid of weakened stuff + flying stuff. A jolly nature is chosen to at least speed tie with other chomps and and outspeed every base 100 pokemon. The lifo orb boost power further and the investment is self explaining. rough skin cuz manly n stuff.

Alright. I usually lead with klefki and ttar, and then depending on the situation ill with smeagle or talon as speed control. I usally protect with tar, though i go for dd if i expect the opponent to setup a trick room, in which case i will go for trick room, dd and safeguard turn one. Even though ttar often wont sweep the entire opposing team, it is easy to get back with chomp, as i most likely will already have safeguard and tailwind up, its easy to take the win with a +2 chomp + band scizor + talon. I tend to win (or lose) in five turn at max, and i have only ones or so sat up tailwind twice.

About the lead situations: If you suspect a tr team, lead with smeargle, klefki and ttar, and go for tr yourself and safeguard with kelfki, and depending on the opponents team you can either go for dd or protect with ttar. It should be noted that if you dd you'll outspeed smeagle the following turn.
If your opponent have a faster team, talonflame is the superior lead, as it almost
guarantee a tailwind, but does not add as much support afterwards, beside damage c:

I think thats it, Feel free to leave criticism or try out the team ^^

ALMIGHTY SWEEP (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Don't go cycling (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick Room
- Swagger
- Transform
- Tailwind

Turn mah swag ON (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Safeguard
- Swagger
- Substitute
- Foul Play

Pretty Powerfull (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

GunsSzZsSzZsS (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off
- Feint

BRAVEBIRDEVRUTIN (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- snatch

Changes in red.
Thanks NOVED for suggesting snatch and feint on scizor and talonflame, never even though about it ^^

Last edited:
Pretty cool team, interesting idea.

I have a few changes that I think would be beneficial.

I would change Swagger to Fake Out on Smeargle. I get the idea is to buff TTar up as much as possible but you have Klefki that can Swagger already and Fake Out could buy you a safe turn to DD.

I think Sitrus Berry would be better on Klefki over Air Balloon. Sitrus Berry can give you more longevity and there are so many fire type moves going around between Zard and heatran's popularity anyway that losing an EQ weakness isn't exactly helping you too much. I would also change Substitute to Thunder Wave on Klefki. Yes, you now have the ever-so hated SwaggerWave combo but I think you have good reason for it here. TTar is still a bit slow even after a +1, getting outsped by a few common mons. And tailwind is so common in triples you will probably have a lot of tailwind v tailwind matchups. Sometimes you might not even be able to get Tailwind off. So thunder wave can help slow down things that may outspeed TTar even when it's +1.

On talonflame, I would consider running snatch over Flare Blitz, this isn't as much of a necessity but it would be nice to help deal with Wide Guard. Wide guard is very common in triples and one of your TTar's main STABs is a spread move so you definitely want some way to deal with Wide Guard.

I would also switch Knock Off or Superpower to Feint on Scizor. This is just another way to deal with Wide Guard. This is a bit harder to fit into the moveset because you're running banded scizor.

So between Talon and Scizor I would definitely think of putting a move to deal with Wide Guard on at least one of them because it'd help you a lot.

Pretty cool team, interesting idea.

I have a few changes that I think would be beneficial.

I would change Swagger to Fake Out on Smeargle. I get the idea is to buff TTar up as much as possible but you have Klefki that can Swagger already and Fake Out could buy you a safe turn to DD.

I think Sitrus Berry would be better on Klefki over Air Balloon. Sitrus Berry can give you more longevity and there are so many fire type moves going around between Zard and heatran's popularity anyway that losing an EQ weakness isn't exactly helping you too much. I would also change Substitute to Thunder Wave on Klefki. Yes, you now have the ever-so hated SwaggerWave combo but I think you have good reason for it here. TTar is still a bit slow even after a +1, getting outsped by a few common mons. And tailwind is so common in triples you will probably have a lot of tailwind v tailwind matchups. Sometimes you might not even be able to get Tailwind off. So thunder wave can help slow down things that may outspeed TTar even when it's +1.

On talonflame, I would consider running snatch over Flare Blitz, this isn't as much of a necessity but it would be nice to help deal with Wide Guard. Wide guard is very common in triples and one of your TTar's main STABs is a spread move so you definitely want some way to deal with Wide Guard.

I would also switch Knock Off or Superpower to Feint on Scizor. This is just another way to deal with Wide Guard. This is a bit harder to fit into the moveset because you're running banded scizor.

So between Talon and Scizor I would definitely think of putting a move to deal with Wide Guard on at least one of them because it'd help you a lot.
Thanks for the rate, i have never considered snarth or feint, and wide guard is the biggest problem on my team, though i think ill use it over protect as flare blitz is almost necessary, and i don't get to use protect often, as most games only last 4 turns ^^

As for fake out, i always use speed control turn one, making swagger useless and i never use dragon dance unless its tailwind vs tailwind, or a trick room team (where ill use trick room to stop my opponents on smeagle) so a ''free turn to dragon dance'' will never actually come in handy.

I don't really know about klefki, sitrus berry might be better, and thunderwave is definitely better than substitute, ill make the change, and ill consider sitrus berry ^^

As for fake out, i always use speed control turn one, making swagger useless and i never use dragon dance unless its tailwind vs tailwind, or a trick room team (where ill use trick room to stop my opponents on smeagle) so a ''free turn to dragon dance'' will never actually come in handy.
Well, if smeargle is mostly about getting the speed control off, and not much about Swaggering, I'd suggest using Spiky Shield over Swagger. This way you can avoid Fake Out turn 1 and not get your sash broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)