Tropical Chaos: Dual Weather RMT [UU]

Yeah it's been quite a while since i posted a RMT.

So i was browsing the RMT forum to try to figure a new concept for a team, since most of the team i had been making lately haven't been performing all that great. I found a thread with a Dual Weather team. So i decided to create a DW team for myself, and its been performing amazingly on the UU ladder. I also tried it out on the OU ladder a bit, and it performed pretty decent (although Mence and Nite were pains). It does have its flaws though (but what team doesn't :P).
So without further ado:

Team Tropical Chaos

At a Glance:

Electrode *Nucular*
Hasty Nature
252 ATK/4 Sp. ATK/252 Spd
@Damp Rock
~Rain Dance
~Taunt
~Thunder
~Explosion

I chose Electrode as my starter due to its high speed and access to Taunt and Explosion. I almost always Taunt first to stop leads from setting up Entry Hazards (although i can die in the process, but most of the time its worth it). Most of the time it pays off, and the rest of the time i get killed lol. Then i set up rain and either Fire off Thunders or Explode and get one of my two swift swimmers in. Ambipom leads are pretty damn annoying, but they don't OHKO Electrode with Fake Out, while i get to set up 8 Turns of rain.

When Yanmega is actually added to the UU ladder (assuming it's still gonna be UU). I'm considering dropping Damp Rock for Lum Berry, as Lum Berry Electrode can beat the Standard lead Yanmega (Protect/Hypnosis/Bug Buzz/Air Slash), thanks to Soundproof negating Bug Buzz (I wonder how many people know that).

Max Speed it to tie with other Electrodes while Max attack is to get the most out of Explosion. The rest is put into Sp. ATK to boost Thunder.

Kabutops *Cortez*
Adamant Nature
Swift Swim
80 HP/252 ATK/176 Speed
@Life Orb
~Rain Dance
~Stone Edge
~Waterfall
~Aerial Ace

Everyone's favorite Skeleton from Paper Mario 2. :naughty:

Kabutops is one of my Two Swift Swim sweepers. Stab Waterfall And Stone Edge have Great coverage in UU, only being resisted by Poliwrath, Toxicroak, and Quagsire (the latter not being so common and the former two disliking Aerial Ace so much).

Max Attack for sweeping, while 176 Speed EVs put Kabutops at 240 (above Neutral Base 70 speed pokemon). The rest is put into HP to take some weaker hits slightly better.

Ludicolo *Fruity Bootie*
Modest Nature
Swift Swim
4 HP/252 Sp. ATK/252 Speed
@Life Orb
~Rain Dance
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Energy Ball

What rain team is complete without everyone's favorite Illegal Mexican Furry Pineapple Duck freak.

Ludicolo is my main Special Sweeper. Rain Dance Surfs really tear shit up, and Ice Beam and Energy Ball make sure Grasses, Waters, and Altaria don't stop that from happening. I choose Surf over Hydro Pump because Surf hits most walls and sweepers hard enough without Hydro Pump's shaky accuracy (80% my ass). Energy Ball is a given over Grass Knot since everything in UU is lighter and takes less from GK.

Max Sp. ATK and Max speed are obvious for sweeping. Although i'm thinking about cutting back on speed to build up on HP to take weaker hits better.

Mesprit *BubbleGum*
Relaxed Nature
252 HP/252 DEF/4 Sp. ATK
@Heat Rock
~Stealth Rock
~Sunny Day
~U-Turn
~Psychic

Imagine you're at the beach on Spring Break. You can't lay out and Tan because of the tropical rain. Well then the skies clear up and things really heat up :naughty:

So Mesprit is my main Utility Poke. I set Up Stealth Rock whenever i have a clear chance to. Mesprit is my counter to annoying fighting pokemon like Primeape and Hitmontop. I set up Sunny Day usually when i have a clear shot at sweeping with either Victreebell or Typhlosion. Its also a big suprise to the opponent, who may not have been expected the hot weather to come.

Max HP and Max Def are used to take hits from Fighting types better (as well as other shit). A Relaxed Nature is used for two reasons:
1. TO avoid weakening U-Turn.
2. To get my Sunny Day Pokemon in safely without taking a hit.

Typhlosion *Fuji*
Modest Nature
40 HP/252 Sp. ATK/216 Speed
@Choice Scarf
~Eruption
~Fire Blast
~Hidden Power Grass
~Focus Blast

This is literally when things get REAL HOT. After Sunny Day and Stab (and assuming Full Health), Eruption has a Base Power of 337.5. , which is coming off 347 Sp. ATK and 435 Speed. Anything Wall that does not resist Sunny Day Eruption is 2HKOed. Even Chansey will have a hard time avoiding a 2HKO, as it takes 49-58% damage (2HKO with SR, although i haven't seen a Chansey all day). Fire Blast is useful if Residual Damage takes its toll, and HP Grass is useful for hitting Water types like Milotic and Blastoise. Focus Blast is filler, and i may switch it to EQ.

Typholsion is also my main Revenge Killer to get rid of punks like Shaymin. Most of the time, i can late game without Sunny Day, although Sun does make Typhlosions STAB attacks ridiculously Powerful.

I run HP Grass instead of Solarbeam because it's not Guaranteed that I will always have Sun up when i need Solar Beam (and in some matches i bring Rain back in).

Once again, Max Sp. ATK for Power. 216 Speed and Choice Scarf outspeed Choice Scarf base 95's like Jynx and Leafeon. Rest is put into HP.

Victreebell *IT'S A TRAP*
Adamant Nature
120 HP/252 ATK/136 Speed
@Life Orb
~Swords Dance
~Leaf Blade
~Sucker Punch
~Encore

This pokemon also wreaks havoc upon the opponent. After a SD, Victreebell will have 678 ATK, not counting Life Orb. In the Sun, it will Have 420 Speed.

Leaf Blade is the STAB of choice (pun not intended if any). While Sucker Punch does not provide decent type coverage, it is an useful priority move anyway, and it hits foes like Ninetales and Altaria neutral anyway.

And yes, This Victreebell runs Encore and not Sleep Powder. While that looks extremely unusual, Encore support is also useful to have to set up weather or for a switch to get a free SD. It does require more prediction than Sleep Powder, but Encoring a Shaymin when it uses Substitute or an Altaria while it DDs and a Clefable when it Softboileds (etc.) always helps. I ran Sleep Powder and Encore. Sleep Powder was more useful for Victreebell, but Encore was more useful for the team, and more unexpected)

136 Speed puts Victreebell at 210. Max ATK and the rest is put into HP.

Strategy:
This team is mostly a Rain Dance team first and a Sunny Day team last, Hence why i have 3 pokemon that set up rain compared to my one Sunny Day Set-upper. I set up rain with Electrode and wreak havoc with my Swift Swimmers, setting up SR when i get a clear chance to. When either i can set up Sun or I lose the rain Half of my team, i set up Sunny Day and finish the opponent with either Scarfphlosion or Victreebell. The team is mostly Straight Out offense.

I'll Edit in a Threats List later when i get a chance.

So ya, Criticize where criticism is needed.

Eruption is a bad choice for any Typhlosion besides the leader because you can lose a lot of HP and losing HP makes you lose power. As you have no Rapid Spinner, entry hazards will eat that Typhlosion gradually. Replace it with Fire Blast.

Your victreebell has special attack ev's instead of attack. You might want to edit your post and change that.

Eruption is a bad choice for any Typhlosion besides the leader because you can lose a lot of HP and losing HP makes you lose power. As you have no Rapid Spinner, entry hazards will eat that Typhlosion gradually. Replace it with Fire Blast.
I think you weren't looking Hard enough.

~Eruption
~Fire Blast
~HP Grass
~Focus Blast

I already have Fire Blast. And personally I feel that ScarfPhlosion is better Late Game than early game when things are weakened.

You are right about Residual Damage however. Currently my only soultion is Taunting and Blowing Up. Usually i can avoid SR being up before i bring out Typhlosion, but I can't exactly rely on that all the time.

Would replacing Mesprit with Claydol help?

Oh noez! A double weather team! :3
Double Weather teams are so crazy and nuts that they actually work, they are so unpredictable...gosh I cant explain it! xD. Just a quick advice... due to the weakness and the popularity of Stealth Rock in the metagame Typhlosion's Eruption is no longer the beast powered move it used to be...so changing the moveset wouldnt be so bad either, the aid of a Rapid Spinner would solve this, perhaps Claydol or Torkoal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)