Trying for a sort-a UU/BL/OU mix right here Prepare to Laugh at my tactics

Hey I'm Andrew, I'm from victoria Australia and decided it's time to make myself an account here after lurking around for quite a while, I have only recently as in about june last year got into Competative Pokemon battling and came 6th in the Pokemon Connection Tour 07 on the 3rd of the 3 days I went, I wish the organizers knew somthing about Clauses but whatever :P This is the first team I will be posting but intend to post some of my less ridiculous competative ones at later dates enjoy :)

I mostly devised this team for use against a friend who is'nt as learned at pokemon as myself to give him a bit more chance however it can fair and I wouldn't mind trying it in real Competition however dont expect it to fare as well as most but feel free to rip it to shreds

______
Blaze
Rash
144 Atk / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
~ Eruption
~ Focus Punch
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Earthquake/HP-Ice

Standard Choice Scarf opener, I opted for Will-O-Wisp over Overheat for opening Gyarados crippling and EQ over HP-Ice for no real reason and am willing to change however not really sure which would be more usefull for him.

Draws out the water :)
(Named Dante in honor of the release of Devil May Cry 4)

@Salac Berry
Water Absorb
Jolly
252 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 6 Hp
~ Substitute
~ Belly Drum
~ Waterfall
~ Hypnosis

Stolen directly from Blue Harvest but with the power of a poliwhirl, you would not honestly believe how easily this catches people off guard I have taken down 3 teams with this fellow on Shoddy.... Unbelievable

Swaps in on water attacks directed at Typhlosion

@Expert Belt
Motor Drive
Admant
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Punch
~ Cross Chop/Low Kick
~ Earthquake

It's Super Effective build seems to work fine HOWEVER I am using Tbolt over Tpunch for taking down Skarmory, not sure of how to split the ev's to make it stronger however so if anyone could correct this it would be appreciated.

Protects Poliwhirl from Electric

@Leftovers
Overgrow
Timid
252 Hp/ 252 Spe/ 6 Def
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Toxic
~ Protect

Subseeder, was using a Porygon-Z special sweeper however I decided to try somthing a tad and I mean a tiny tad less conventional as I have seen this guy work well. Considering swapping some Hp Ev's into Defense but another thing I'm not 100% sure of

@Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 6 Atk
~ Rapid Spin
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Shard
~ Stealth Rock

Sturdy lil elephant here he seems to work well over Forretress who I was forced to remove after a small wave of Magnezone's fell from the sky ontop of me Standard Donphan

@Leftovers
Magic Guard
Bold
252 Hp/ 108 Def/ 148 SpD
~Charge Beam
~Ice Beam
~Wish/Softboiled
~Cosmic Power

Ahh this lil girl is a bit less standard, all I see of 'Fable is Calm Mind if I ever see it so I decided to make a Mixed wall that can power up with Charge Beam, seems to be working well. Wish over Softboiled for support however being a pokemon that needs to setup I may put Softboiled over it suggestions?

So, that's them. I really am not good with Threat lists so I'm hoping you kind people will be good enough to point out this laugh of a team's massive flaws

~Waltaz~

Edit: I am also considering a Garchomp revenge killer on here somewhere but only if I decide to cut somthing most likely Poliwhirl despite my loving him

Your sceptile will have a problem vs say...Roserade and Venusaur. Protect OR Substitute imo. You can replace either with anything, like say, Leaf blade or Leaf Storm.

Donphan can be CB to actually do atleast 50% to garchomp with ice shard(He won't be in long anyway)

Blue Harvest's Poliwhirl/wag is a gimmick (sorry, he just is), so replacing him with a 'garchomp killer 'is probably a good idea

Your sceptile will have a problem vs say...Roserade and Venusaur. Protect OR Substitute imo.
True, however I very rarely see either of them and when it comes to them I can switch in to Clefable or Typhlosion

Donphan isnt really a good wall, i mean hes alright but i can almost always 1HKO him with very little prediction, due to being weak to ice among other things. Hes got crapy resistances and weak to GS too.

Go with softboiled over wish most of your team barely beneifets from wish, besides donphan (lol)

Very little raw power. Typloshin is meh IMO.

True, however I very rarely see either of them and when it comes to them I can switch in to Clefable or Typhlosion

Sorry, submitted post too early by mistake, editted it.

Also
as for Typhlosion
HP Ground/Earthquake WOULD stop infernape starters and heatran, I guess.

and

Cosmic Power Clefable is risky, mostly because it doesn't have the speed to pull it off, just giving you something to think about.

about the electivire spread, use this : 252 atk // 80 sp.atk // 176 speed
this spread allows you to outspeed adamant heracross, and a lot non scarfed pokemon.

ok, I feel I should explain a lil thing, thanks for the advice so far and I believe I will replace donphan for good ol' forretress.
I have faced Nape openers and EQ did not quite OHKO it however it had nothing to use on me.
setting up Clefable requires a lot of prediction, for example the times I have done it is off a quick hypnosis from Poliwhirl and instead of setting him up swapping directly to 'fable
Again all advice welcomed and if there is another opener like Typhlosion that can do his job better but I have missed please feel free to point it out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)