Zoroark @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SAtk / 216 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Flamethrower
- Low Kick

Really trickey revenge killer and fools people into making mistakes all the time. It looks like it might be first in the team preview so it's trickeyness starts even before the battle does. Swords dance is really hard to set up though unless Vaporeon passes him a sub.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Protect
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Obvious lead and a bit predictable but definitely reliable. I used to run Earthquake in place of Protect but this set works much better! Although a lot of teams run spinners so he needs a little back up. Maybe spikes or toxic spikes somewhere else on the team.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Def / 128 Spd
Bold Nature
- Aqua Ring
- Baton Pass
- Scald
- Substitute

Pure, honest and simple support. She's not killing a whole heck of a lot but aqua rings and subs are nice to pass around. I can get lucky with scald every once in a while though.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

She's a wicked sweeper although she can have a hard time switching in and setting up. Although once she does is mayhem! Pain Split works really well for evening out the playing field on switch-in's that don't see it coming too. With some more play I've come to realize that while she is a great additions to the team, and while it is nice to have Pain Split for recovery since she doesn't have access to anything else, she also needs an answer to Steel and Normal Poke'mon who are immune to Shadow Ball... lest I waste all her set-up by being forced out.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 88 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Roar Dragon Tail

What is there to say? Gyara slaughters if he can gain any momentum and once he does he's really hard to stop! Even meaner if I can pass him Aqua Rings. Traded Roar out for Dragon Tail for it's ability to hit Dragons for super effective and damages before switching out.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute

I used to run Leech Seed in place of Swords Dance but this set works way better! If Tang can set up she becomes a vicious Tank capable of some pretty decent sweeps. Special attacks put a damper on her though but she usually gets a few kills in.

Ok, now for the down sides... I have trouble with Fire types although I'm learning to deal with that. Victini tears me apart and Heatran sweeps usually. Frail fires die easily enough though *caugh*infernape*caugh*. I also have issues with steel types mainly Scizor, as most can deal with both Zoroark and Tangroath. Farathorn gets walled by Tangroath though and lets me set up so no complaints there. Oh, and dragons mess me up pretty good too, that is if I can't wall and toxic with Bronzong anyway. I do alright with pretty much everything else... mostly... no other notable pokes get me that bad anyway.

So yeah, anyway... what can I do to improve this or got suggestions, constructive criticism... anything?

Last edited:
*BUMP*

Edits in bold. I'm really trying to make this team work. I've played around with the idea of switching Vaporeon out for Tentecruel

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze / Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam

This set is to help set up more Entry Hazards and while it's nice to be able to remove them as well Haze also messes up anything trying to set up as well.

Hi I would like to recommend switching Vaporeons aqua ring for wish, it would heal a lot more then aqua ring and works great with baton pass!

Also while I see you are fond of substitute I would recommend switching Gyarados's substitute out for thunderwave to make him a nice parashuffler, it would greatly aid your slower teammates like tangrowth into making a sweep. You should also give him a more defensive ev spread.

As for mismagius the all mighty hidden power fighting would round out her coverage, how you fit it in I'm not sure :(

~Kempo

Nice job with that battle!

I see you really do well with your gyarados as a sweeper, perhaps replacing your mismagius with a Gengar with a set like this,

Nature: Timid

Item: life orb

Moveset
~ Substitute
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
~ Pain Split
EV: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

The risidual damage from life orb can be patched up with pain split and also help gengar muscle through high HP walls like blissey, focus blast gets rid of your steel and normal problem.

And if you decide to keep vaporeons aquaring then it would negate the life orb damage
~Kempo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)