Turning in and out! - A Balanced Weatherless Team

This is ZeroEnd here with my very first RMT! I've been working on this team for quite a bit and would like some feedback on it. Thank you all very much in advance!

TeamBuilding
I've use to loved playing weather. However, I quickly grew bored of it and decided to try a Weatherless Balanced Team. Ever since D/P/P, I've always loved Heatran and Lataos. A long time ago, someone once told me that Latias and Heatran produce a solid core. Both pokemon complemented each other perfectly. So with that in mind, I decided to build a team based around Latias and Heatran.

The Team

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Landorus does his job quite well. Tank physical hits, set up rocks, and dent stuff with the strongest STAB Earthquake in OU. This was originally scarfed but it misses alot of things that this team needs to cover. This set seeks to set up rocks, kill those pesky Brelooms, and destroy Terrakion. HP-Ice nails Garchomp in the butt. U-turn helps Landorus preserve my team's momentum and keep my opponent guessing. Also, Landorus has the unique niche of being the one of the only four pokemon that can learn both, intimidate and u-turn. The other 3 are: Staraptor, Staravia, and Masquerain. Also, intimidate is a great ability due to the fact it adds "physical bulk" to my other teammates. To illustrate how tanky it is, here's some calculations.
  • -1 252 Atk Choice Band Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 172 Def Landorus-T in sun: 229-271 (60.1 - 71.12%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 172 Def Landorus-T: 240-283 (62.99 - 74.27%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Life Orb Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 172 Def Landorus-T: 208-246 (54.59 - 64.56%)
  • -1 252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 172 Def Landorus-T: 100-118 (26.24 - 30.97%) -- possible 4HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 172 Def Landorus-T: 148-175 (38.84 - 45.93%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 172 Def Landorus-T: 178-211 (46.71 - 55.38%) -- 16.8% chance to 2HKO

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-W, one of the most pesky OU pokemon in existence, helps me counter the rain teams that are running amok. This is a standard Smogon set. 28 SAtk Evs help me deal with Gliscor. Will-o-wisp help support my Latias' sweep by cutting a physical attacker's attack in half. Due to Latias' 80 defense, it's very easy to dent Latias. Burns make things a bit easier for Latias because burns cut attack by 50%. Volt Switch helps me maintain momentum and deal damage will switching out. Hydropump hits things like Terrakion and Volcarona hard. Pain Split serves as a semi-reliable form of healing. This thing walls out special attacks and it's keeping rain at bay.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Scizor is the almighty glue of my team. With priority Bullet Punch, Scizor can often clean up weakened teams quite nicely. Can't outspeed? Bullet Punch. See that Double Dance Terrakion over there? Bullet Punch. Superpower provides coverage while Pursuit traps and kills Gengars and such. Superpower nails those Fire Blast Tyranitars. This pokemon also forms my 3-man Voltturn team. While u-turning out, Scizor usually does obscene amounts of damage, thus sufficiently weakening the opposing pokemon. This makes the job of my switch in easier as it'll be much easier to KO. Scizor's job is to also weaken the opposing side in order to aid my main sweeper in sweeping.

Virizion Wireless (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

So, I thought Breloom was the destined one... I'm sorry for lying to you guys! One day, I was looking for a pokemon to replace Breloom (it has to hit hard!) and ShootingStarmie suggested Virizion. I thought that Swords Dance Virizion would be the perfect fit on my team. My team has enough special attackers as it is. Now, down to the meaty part. Swords dance helps make Virizion an immediate threat while Stone Edge allows Virizion to check Volcarona and defeat it 1v1 when Volcarona is at +0. Leaf Blade grants my team the much needed grass type coverage. Close Combat just hits hard in general. So long Jellicent, Gastrodon, Rotom-W, and Quagsire~ Oh, I forgot Whiscash. Remember guys, choose Virizion Wireless, not AT&Tepig.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 100 HP / 172 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic

Half of a core that inspired this team, with a scarf attached, Heatran hits a blazing 417. Almost no one expects a scarfed Heatran. Utilizing the element of surprise, this little spider can net quite a few KOs. Overheat will dent alot of things that dare switch into Heatran. Earth power smacks other Heatrans hard. Dragon Pulse nails the dragons that run amok in OU. Toxic ends the sweep of sweepers *cough* (I'm looking at you Volcarona). Heatran here also checks sun teams. Heatran can take a +0 Earthquake Venusaur and live to tell the tale. After taking that Earthquake, it can then retaliate with Fire Blast, instantly killing Venusaur. What sweetens the deal is when Heatran gets flash fire upon switching in. This makes Heatran hit much harder and stronger.
0- Atk Life Orb Venusaur Earthquake vs. 112 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 234-276 (66.66 -
78.63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

The final half of the core that inspired this team, I present to you, SubCM Latias! This set aims to switch in at a good time (ex. a weak special attacker/wall) and start setting up. Substitutes give me a "second life" and protects me from statuses that might end her sweep. Calm mind powers up this monster and adds special bulk along the way. Dragon Pulse and Psyshock hits all pokemon, both physically and specially. No one but a select few are safe. This set often finds many chances to set up as many of the other teammates usually take care of Latias' usual checks and counters. Rotom-W's burns and Landorus-T's intimidate cuts make the life of Latias much easier when setting up in front of physical sweepers.

A Final Look:

Problems:

1. Water/Grounds (Gahhh! Quagsire) Go Go Virizion Wireless!
  2. +1 Volcarona (These are a nightmare)
  3. Tyranitar if Landorus-T is down Virizion Wireless sugoi?
  4. Missing Hydro Pump 4x in a row.
Updates:
10/24: Changed Starmie ability. Changed Latios to Latias.
10/24 10:01: Removed Starmie for Celebi
10/26: Bye Bye Breloom, Hello Virizion Wireless

Thank you for reading through this RMT! If there's anything I should fix, please post it below.
Otherwise, Thank you, and have a Great Day!
Special Thanks to:
  • Nog and Flan76 for giving ideas on how to build this team.
  • Capteon for pushing me to make this RMT!
  • Dread Arceus for suggesting this beautiful Celebi.
  • Remedy for all the help on this team!
IMPORTABLE:
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 100 HP / 172 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic

EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 44 Atk / 172 Def / 92 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Virizion Wireless (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
Hey Zero, I thought up a few suggestions while looking over your team.

First of all, I see how you have a Sub CM set on your Latios and are leaning towards specially densive. In saying that, I would personally switch out Latios for the more specially defensive Latias, which pulls of the Sub CM combo very well. My set suggestion would be the basic:

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Roost

If you decide to stick with Latios I would go with Specs or Life Orb like this:

Latios @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Energy Ball (To help with your water/ground weakness and lack of grass coverage.)

Or for the Life Orb set switch you could switch Surf or Energy Ball for Roost.

I would also recommend changing Starmie's ability to Analytic since it's offensive. This would pobably benefit it more because you may switch it in for spinning hazards off, and at the same time would be activating Analytic's effect.

I'm pretty satisfied on how the rest of the team looks so far, but if I notice anything else I want to mention I will let you know.
Good luck with your team and any other team builds, and I hope this helped.

Last edited:
Hey Zero, I thought up a few suggestions while looking over your team.

First of all, I see how you have a Sub CM set on your Latios and are leaning towards specially densive. In saying that, I would personally switch out Latios for the more specially defensive Latias, which pulls of the Sub CM combo very well. My set suggestion would be the basic:

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Roost

If you decide to stick with Latios I would go with Specs or Life Orb like this:

Latios @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Energy Ball (To help with your water/ground weakness and lack of grass coverage.)

Or for the Life Orb set switch you could switch Surf or Energy Ball for Roost.

I would also recommend changing Starmie's ability to Analytic since it's offensive. This would pobably benefit it more because you may switch it in for spinning hazards off, and at the same time would be activating Analytic's effect.

I'm pretty satisfied on how the rest of the team looks so far, but if I notice anything else I want to mention I will let you know.
Good luck with your team and any other team builds, and I hope this helped.
Looks like I'll be testing out Latias. The extra bulk certainly sounds tempting. On the note of latias, would it be advisable to run a bit more special attack Evs along with the Hp and speed Evs? I feel as some extra special attack Evs will help me net more OHKOs

As for Starmie, I rather like the idea of Analytic as Starmie forces many switches (Or so I've heard). It'll help counter the ever so annoying mushroom even better.

Thanks for the rate an help Capteon!

Last edited:
L

Looks like I'll be testing out Latias. The extra bulk certainly sounds tempting. On the note of latias, would it be advisable to run a bit more special attack Evs along with the Hp and speed Evs? I feel as some extra special attack Evs will help me net more OHKOs

As for Starmie, I rather like the idea of Analytic as Starmie forces many switches (Or so I've heard). It'll help counter the ever so annoying mushroom even better.

Thanks for the rate an help Capteon!
If you do want to add any more Special Attack EVs onto Latias, go ahead. I was just noticing how there was special bulk on Latios, and the set would work better on Latias. After a few CMs, you'll have an easy time taking out the opposing team members.

If you do want to add any more Special Attack EVs onto Latias, go ahead. I was just noticing how there was special bulk on Latios, and the set would work better on Latias. After a few CMs, you'll have an easy time taking out the opposing team members.
Early during the day, I fiddled around with the Latias set you presented to me. I used my Latios' moveset on the Latias and messed around with the EVs.
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
Overall it has worked well for me in the 8 battles I've used it in. Is there any flaws in this set?

Early during the day, I fiddled around with the Latias set you presented to me. I used my Latios' moveset on the Latias and messed around with the EVs.
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
Overall it has worked well for me in the 8 battles I've used it in. Is there any flaws in this set?
Looks good to me, and if you say it works then keep it.

Looks good to me so far, heatran rotom scizor core is one of the best core teams in the game imo, especially with a dragon. All I could really say is you could take ~20 ev's out of speed on landorus for more hp cuz max speed jolly scarf isn't needed you won't be outspeeding anything than 232 speed would be outspeeding really, and it still outspeeds +1 volcarona (without a +speed nature) but looks good scizor, rotom, heatran teams are amazing good luck with this team, oh and i'd change psyshock on latias for hp fire you'd be surprised how many ppl fall for sub cm hp fire latias, and steel types completely wall you (IE ferrothorn) with psyshock. and psyshock won't really be doing much of anything for you really other than +6 calm mind wars and stuff, which you can avoid in the first place with scizor/rotom, and latias wins vs most calm minders in cm wars with d pulse/sub/hp fire

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Hey Zero, good looking team here. It only has a few weakness, and while you're not weak to any specific playstyle (well, Prankster Roar, maybe...), there are a few individual mons I saw could do serious damage to your team: Gastrodon (totally walls everything and can run Ice Beam against Latias), HydroRest Vaporeon in rain (Roar, Rest, Toxic, Scald will give you nightmares), and your own Rotom-W (more annoying to you than threatening, as it will probably be alive for your enemy the whole match). So, to fix these, I think you should replace Starmie with Celebi. I'd suggest
Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-turn or Recover
- Hidden Power Ice
This Celebi should counter or check all those threats. Starmie is replaced because Rotom-W and Latias can do most of the things Starmie can, other than Rapid Spin, which you could actually get away with not having (3 or 4 immune to Spikes, none are weak to SR, all your VoltTurners resist SR, and Toxic Spikes only annoys Celebi). Also, if you don't like Celebi, Breloom is another great option, though using him presents a weakness to Guts Conkeldurr.
Anyway, I hope I helped =]

Hey Zero, good looking team here. It only has a few weakness, and while you're not weak to any specific playstyle (well, Prankster Roar, maybe...), there are a few individual mons I saw could do serious damage to your team: Gastrodon (totally walls everything and can run Ice Beam against Latias), HydroRest Vaporeon in rain (Roar, Rest, Toxic, Scald will give you nightmares), and your own Rotom-W (more annoying to you than threatening, as it will probably be alive for your enemy the whole match). So, to fix these, I think you should replace Starmie with Celebi. I'd suggest
Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-turn or Recover
- Hidden Power Ice
This Celebi should counter or check all those threats. Starmie is replaced because Rotom-W and Latias can do most of the things Starmie can, other than Rapid Spin, which you could actually get away with not having (3 or 4 immune to Spikes, none are weak to SR, all your VoltTurners resist SR, and Toxic Spikes only annoys Celebi). Also, if you don't like Celebi, Breloom is another great option, though using him presents a weakness to Guts Conkeldurr.
Anyway, I hope I helped =]
You, sir, deserve a Nobel Prize.

Looks good to me so far, heatran rotom scizor core is one of the best core teams in the game imo, especially with a dragon. All I could really say is you could take ~20 ev's out of speed on landorus for more hp cuz max speed jolly scarf isn't needed you won't be outspeeding anything than 232 speed would be outspeeding really, and it still outspeeds +1 volcarona (without a +speed nature) but looks good scizor, rotom, heatran teams are amazing good luck with this team, oh and i'd change psyshock on latias for hp fire you'd be surprised how many ppl fall for sub cm hp fire latias, and steel types completely wall you (IE ferrothorn) with psyshock. and psyshock won't really be doing much of anything for you really other than +6 calm mind wars and stuff, which you can avoid in the first place with scizor/rotom, and latias wins vs most calm minders in cm wars with d pulse/sub/hp fire
Thank you very much for the rate! I will most definitely test out the new EV spreads! HP fire sounds like a sound and awesome idea on Latias.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello,

I wont read what people said and just rate the team as it stands if you don't mind.
So first, it seems like you're aiming for a Latias CM's sweep. However I'm gonna be honest with you, your Latias set is really weird and I don't think you should give up Recover when you're playing a Sub/Set. Especially if you give it up for a Psychic move that suck in terms of added coverage (out of the kill-the-blob strategy).
I think that, as most Volt-Turn teams, you're gonna struggle as hell against hazard teams. Considering how SR bones you (not a single Rock resistance). Talking about rock resistances... let's see the weaknesses :

- Okay so as I said, hazard, slow paced teams will probably win without any issue. You lack some punch and wallbreaking/lure power to really surprise them. Basically, unless they leave their steel on Heatran, Latias isn't gonna sweep at all.

- You're pretty weak to Keldeo EBelt. Since Celebi will simply die to HP Bug and Latias can be chunked down pretty fast (Icy Wind + Hp Bug combo can deal up to 75%, if you add SR damages and the fact that Latias can't OHKO Keldeo...). The rest of the team gets murdered (Rotom-W if you get caught on the switch by a Secret Sword). It's not the biggest weakness ever since you got some checks, but it could sweep you if you don't play really carefully around it.

- Rock sweepers are threatening. Terrakion could very well sweep you cleanly (-1 252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 118-141 (36.99 - 44.2%) -- 1.17% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock). And this calc is about a JOLLY Scarf set. Once this Lando-T is down, it's gonna be a spam-stone-edge party. Obviously you have Scizor, but all he can do is come after a death, force Terrakion out and POSSIBLY get the momentum if you predicted right.
Tyranitar as you said (Scarf, CB or even mixed), because he can trap so many things (let's not forget that U-Turn from Celebi DOESNT escape Pursuit, and Latias can't hit him at all).
On this point, I find it weird that you don't use any fighting pokemon. Usually you play CM Latias on balanced teams along with a Fighting mon in order to have a second win condition ready and set-up if your Latias gets trapped.

- Landorus-T can be annoying. You don't really have a switch in that walls it, while it can threaten many of your pokemons or just wall them. Which means that I can see it putting SR quite easily, or getting boosts if it's a SD/RP set.

- Volcarona, as you said, because Heatran can't Roar/Toxic so yea... it can Quivers Dance endlessly then sweep.

So hmm, I really think that the Celebi/Heatran/Latias part of the team could be improved. I also think that putting a Fighting mon for the resistance, the synergy with Latias CM, and the power it packs against Stall teams could be really appreciated. Finally, maybe making that Scizor SD could help.

So, here are the changes :

- First I wanna swap Heatran and Landorus-T's roles. I think that Landorus-T with a Scarf is garbage since all you can do with it is U-Turning. As soon as the guy realises that it's a Scarf set, then it gets even worse. On top of that, having that weak Scarf mon as your only Terrak check is really meh. You get chunked so hard on the switch, it's not even funny.
ScarfTran will still do the trick against Sun teams, and if you put SR fast enough, Dugtrios will be killed swiftly. Grab Fire Blast/EarthPower/DragonPulse (or HpIce) and Toxic. You can use Toxic to get rid of Volcarona, and it helps against stuff like Gyarados in a pinch. Use the on-site spread and you're good to go.
Same goes for Landorus-T, use the Bulky set on-site but make sure you play HP Ice over Stone Edge. Now you can really check Terrakions, Chompers and such.

- Then, I'd play Breloom over Celebi. A Toxic Orb Sub/Punch set with a 176 HP / 188 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe set. It does wonder when it comes to Status absorbing and is a massive nuisance for defensive teams. You can put pressure on slow SR setters thanks to Spore and force them out (bulky mons like Hippo are most of the time virtually impossible to OHKO, so having Spore for them is pretty useful when you need to prevent Rocks).
With that Spread you can take a Keldeo's hit and kill it with your Grass move, it could help.
Breloom, surprisingly, forces many CM Latias' walls to come and take some damages.

A last minor change, could be to turn Scizor into a Bulky SD set with Superpower. Enough HP investment to live a Keldeo hit, and enough Atk to kill it at +2 with Superpower (204 iirc), some speed for defensive Heatrans(or Rotom-W) and you're good to go. This set could help a lot because it would effectively force Skarmory to come, and chunk it with a +2 Superpower. With Skarm weakened your opp would struggle a ton against Sub/Punch Loom and CM Tias.

That's it, I hope I helped and good luck.

PS : Oh yea, and put Recover instead of Psyshock, Breloom with Toxic Orb just shits over Chansey/Blissey so who cares.

Hello,

I wont read what people said and just rate the team as it stands if you don't mind.
So first, it seems like you're aiming for a Latias CM's sweep. However I'm gonna be honest with you, your Latias set is really weird and I don't think you should give up Recover when you're playing a Sub/Set. Especially if you give it up for a Psychic move that suck in terms of added coverage (out of the kill-the-blob strategy).
I think that, as most Volt-Turn teams, you're gonna struggle as hell against hazard teams. Considering how SR bones you (not a single Rock resistance). Talking about rock resistances... let's see the weaknesses :

- Okay so as I said, hazard, slow paced teams will probably win without any issue. You lack some punch and wallbreaking/lure power to really surprise them. Basically, unless they leave their steel on Heatran, Latias isn't gonna sweep at all.

- You're pretty weak to Keldeo EBelt. Since Celebi will simply die to HP Bug and Latias can be chunked down pretty fast (Icy Wind + Hp Bug combo can deal up to 75%, if you add SR damages and the fact that Latias can't OHKO Keldeo...). The rest of the team gets murdered (Rotom-W if you get caught on the switch by a Secret Sword). It's not the biggest weakness ever since you got some checks, but it could sweep you if you don't play really carefully around it.

- Rock sweepers are threatening. Terrakion could very well sweep you cleanly (-1 252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 118-141 (36.99 - 44.2%) -- 1.17% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock). And this calc is about a JOLLY Scarf set. Once this Lando-T is down, it's gonna be a spam-stone-edge party. Obviously you have Scizor, but all he can do is come after a death, force Terrakion out and POSSIBLY get the momentum if you predicted right.
Tyranitar as you said (Scarf, CB or even mixed), because he can trap so many things (let's not forget that U-Turn from Celebi DOESNT escape Pursuit, and Latias can't hit him at all).
On this point, I find it weird that you don't use any fighting pokemon. Usually you play CM Latias on balanced teams along with a Fighting mon in order to have a second win condition ready and set-up if your Latias gets trapped.

- Landorus-T can be annoying. You don't really have a switch in that walls it, while it can threaten many of your pokemons or just wall them. Which means that I can see it putting SR quite easily, or getting boosts if it's a SD/RP set.

- Volcarona, as you said, because Heatran can't Roar/Toxic so yea... it can Quivers Dance endlessly then sweep.

So hmm, I really think that the Celebi/Heatran/Latias part of the team could be improved. I also think that putting a Fighting mon for the resistance, the synergy with Latias CM, and the power it packs against Stall teams could be really appreciated. Finally, maybe making that Scizor SD could help.

So, here are the changes :

- First I wanna swap Heatran and Landorus-T's roles. I think that Landorus-T with a Scarf is garbage since all you can do with it is U-Turning. As soon as the guy realises that it's a Scarf set, then it gets even worse. On top of that, having that weak Scarf mon as your only Terrak check is really meh. You get chunked so hard on the switch, it's not even funny.
ScarfTran will still do the trick against Sun teams, and if you put SR fast enough, Dugtrios will be killed swiftly. Grab Fire Blast/EarthPower/DragonPulse (or HpIce) and Toxic. You can use Toxic to get rid of Volcarona, and it helps against stuff like Gyarados in a pinch. Use the on-site spread and you're good to go.
Same goes for Landorus-T, use the Bulky set on-site but make sure you play HP Ice over Stone Edge. Now you can really check Terrakions, Chompers and such.

- Then, I'd play Breloom over Celebi. A Toxic Orb Sub/Punch set with a 176 HP / 188 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe set. It does wonder when it comes to Status absorbing and is a massive nuisance for defensive teams. You can put pressure on slow SR setters thanks to Spore and force them out (bulky mons like Hippo are most of the time virtually impossible to OHKO, so having Spore for them is pretty useful when you need to prevent Rocks).
With that Spread you can take a Keldeo's hit and kill it with your Grass move, it could help.
Breloom, surprisingly, forces many CM Latias' walls to come and take some damages.

A last minor change, could be to turn Scizor into a Bulky SD set with Superpower. Enough HP investment to live a Keldeo hit, and enough Atk to kill it at +2 with Superpower (204 iirc), some speed for defensive Heatrans(or Rotom-W) and you're good to go. This set could help a lot because it would effectively force Skarmory to come, and chunk it with a +2 Superpower. With Skarm weakened your opp would struggle a ton against Sub/Punch Loom and CM Tias.

That's it, I hope I helped and good luck.

PS : Oh yea, and put Recover instead of Psyshock, Breloom with Toxic Orb just shits over Chansey/Blissey so who cares.
Thank you for taking your time in writing that. I absolutely love all the changes you've mentioned (a bit iffy on SD Scizor but nonetheless will still test it out) I never thought the annoying mushroom would have a place on my team. I've fought against quite a few subpunch brelooms, and I must say, they're annoying. All that aside, while implementing changes, I noticed a glaring Conkeldurr weakness. Is there any way to mitigate that weakness? Originally, with Celebi I could outspeed and OHKO Conkeldurr but now I lack a Conkeldurr counter as Latias does not kill it.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for taking your time in writing that. I absolutely love all the changes you've mentioned (a bit iffy on SD Scizor but nonetheless will still test it out) I never thought the annoying mushroom would have a place on my team. I've fought against quite a few subpunch brelooms, and I must say, they're annoying. All that aside, while implementing changes, I noticed a glaring Conkeldurr weakness. Is there any way to mitigate that weakness? Originally, with Celebi I could outspeed and OHKO Conkeldurr but now I lack a Conkeldurr counter as Latias does not kill it.
There is no glaring Conkeldurr weakness. Let's take our time to see why.
First, Conkeldurr can only come on :
- Landorus-T if he's healthy enough to take an attack + Earthquake (2 EQ + SR damages can KO so...). Then he basically HAS to outpredict you (will you U-turn to Rotom-W for the Ice Punch, or stay and EQ to counter play the first scenario ?)
- Heatran locked in Dragon Pulse/HP Ice/Toxic : this will RARELY happen early/mid game.
- Latias : this will rarely happen too, because that Latias set is more meant to sweep later in the game.

Breloom Spores it, or kill it behind a Sub, Rotom-W can burn it and check it most of the time (nobody plays Guts Conkeldurr anymore honnestly), Scizor will chunk it after a SD. Usually, you can play around it with Intimidate from Lando-T + Rotom-W though. It's really not easy for Conkeldurr to come in and it will probably at worst take a kill then die.

But let's be real anyway, you can't wall Conkeldurr, and Psychock Latias wasn't changing anything. You just have to make sure it can't come for free, and make sure your team isn't slower or weak (nothing in OU can take 2 hits from Sheer Force Conkeldurr and live 100% of the time, unless you're max defense Gastrodon/Jirachi/Metagross/Reuniclus or some weird shit like that). You're not weaker than anybody else, I'd even say that you cover it pretty well. Just make sure Scizor doesn't stay around too much.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Latias: 354-416 (102.6 - 120.57%) -- guaranteed OHKO
80 SpA Latias Psyshock vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 212-252 (55.64 - 66.14%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Just saying.
252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 175-207 (57.75 - 68.31%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
This is your best bet, not Latias.

PS : You should be more worried about Mamoswine :v

There is no glaring Conkeldurr weakness. Let's take our time to see why.
First, Conkeldurr can only come on :
- Landorus-T if he's healthy enough to take an attack + Earthquake (2 EQ + SR damages can KO so...). Then he basically HAS to outpredict you (will you U-turn to Rotom-W for the Ice Punch, or stay and EQ to counter play the first scenario ?)
- Heatran locked in Dragon Pulse/HP Ice/Toxic : this will RARELY happen early/mid game.
- Latias : this will rarely happen too, because that Latias set is more meant to sweep later in the game.

Breloom Spores it, or kill it behind a Sub, Rotom-W can burn it and check it most of the time (nobody plays Guts Conkeldurr anymore honnestly), Scizor will chunk it after a SD. Usually, you can play around it with Intimidate from Lando-T + Rotom-W though. It's really not easy for Conkeldurr to come in and it will probably at worst take a kill then die.

But let's be real anyway, you can't wall Conkeldurr, and Psychock Latias wasn't changing anything. You just have to make sure it can't come for free, and make sure your team isn't slower or weak (nothing in OU can take 2 hits from Sheer Force Conkeldurr and live 100% of the time, unless you're max defense Gastrodon/Jirachi/Metagross/Reuniclus or some weird shit like that). You're not weaker than anybody else, I'd even say that you cover it pretty well. Just make sure Scizor doesn't stay around too much.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Latias: 354-416 (102.6 - 120.57%) -- guaranteed OHKO
80 SpA Latias Psyshock vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 212-252 (55.64 - 66.14%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Just saying.
252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 175-207 (57.75 - 68.31%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
This is your best bet, not Latias.

PS : You should be more worried about Mamoswine :v
Ah, thanks for Clarifing things! As for Mamoswine, I think both Scizor and Rotom counter it hard (hopefully that should take care of it) On the note of the changed team, it has been doing relatively well. I've had a easier time against other teams. Thank you so much for taking your time to help me and my team. You have my deepest gratitude.

Well honestly, hp rock volcorona OR hp ground volcarona beat heatran unless you get a lucky crit with heatran, or it's half from rocks already without a heal move, but heatran does help vs it

Lol I actually lolled at your virizion's name <3 if you want to you could use hp ice over stone edge with those 4 ev's in satk and a -sdef or -def nature or something for gliscor/dragonite/chomp etc and for accuracy but then volcorona wouldn't really have anything for it, just an option of whatever you're looking for coverage on ;P I personally like stone edge more for most situations (especially cuz leaf blade still is rly strong vs gliscor) but hp ice is basically just to 100% hit most of the stuff you'd stone edge.

Lol I actually lolled at your virizion's name <3 if you want to you could use hp ice over stone edge with those 4 ev's in satk and a -sdef or -def nature or something for gliscor/dragonite/chomp etc and for accuracy but then volcorona wouldn't really have anything for it, just an option of whatever you're looking for coverage on ;P I personally like stone edge more for most situations (especially cuz leaf blade still is rly strong vs gliscor) but hp ice is basically just to 100% hit most of the stuff you'd stone edge.
Gliscor can be 2HKO'd by Virizion's HP ice but Rotom can do that with H-pump (OHKO). More often then not, Rotom sticks around long enough to wreck Gliscor. I thought putting Stone Edge on Virizion Wireless would help a bit with the Volc weakness. Close Combat is very important for those damned TTars. ( I hate them, I tell you.) At one point, I've tested out HP-ice and I think Lando does better with it. Thanks for your opinion and insight though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)